[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If work, time, and money were not an issue, what would you're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 13

File: IMG_4653.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4653.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
If work, time, and money were not an issue, what would you're dream /out/door adventure be?
>>
The PCT and CDT are both trails that I will do. The Hokkaido Nature Trail in Japan is the trail I really want to do, but will probably never be able to thru hike unless I win the lottery.
>>
Those aren't issues. Its really cheap to hike compaired to "normal life" get a few grand in good gear , quit your job, sell your car, if you rent, put you stuff in storage, if you have a house, put you stuff in storage and rent the whole house, or even just sell it. Depending on your vices you can do a thru hike on 3-6 grand over like seven months.
>>
>>660797
Go the entire length of the pan America highway, from Alaska to the very southern tip of Chile. And go on hiking adventures along the way.

I understand people spend about a year or more foe the entire trip. It would be the adventure of a life time. Plus I would like to go back to Peru and Chile.
>>
>>660808 Time and money aren't issues?
Thru hike in the states for less than 4k no problem. I speak the language and buses are cheap. Thru hike in Japan is a little more complicated. Year long visa, one way tickets across the world, no food drops, hostels and hotels are more expensive, buying gear on the trail is more expensive. What trails have you done?
>>
Hike the AT, then just keep going north to alaska. Then live in the wilderness of either alaska or northern canada with a nice big cabin and land.
>>
>>660811
I want to do this too. In a conversion van or motor cycle packing.
>>
>>660813
You can hike the PCT then head north to Alaska. The AT ends in Main.
>>
Going up the Congo river.
>>
>>660814
Yes. I almost decided torented a motorcycle with a sidecar when I was down in Peru and Chile, to drive down the highway, but backed out because of the hassle of getting an international license. Plus we didn't have enough time Just for travel.
>>
>>660815

Yea I'm aware of that, thanks...
>>
>>660818
I'll go up your Congo river, anon.
>>
>>660797
siberia
>>
File: 88cirque1475_57lft.jpg (94KB, 483x725px) Image search: [Google]
88cirque1475_57lft.jpg
94KB, 483x725px
2500', goes as 5.10c or 5.9 a1. either an airplane ride plus a full day's hike or a week hike through grizzly country in. weather's so unpredictable most people commit to camping 2 weeks at the base in hopes of a 2 day window to break.
>>
File: 4d014cd51551.jpg (36KB, 328x769px) Image search: [Google]
4d014cd51551.jpg
36KB, 328x769px
>>660797
I would go here:

>http://exopolitics.org/google-earth-reveals-strange-antarctic-entrances-evidence-of-secret-ufo-bases/

tl;dr. Huge "entrance" in Antarctica spotted on google earth, further, Satellite imagery found evidence of structures underground that were subsequently blocked from viewing.

could be linked to German occupation of the Continent, and thier supposed "base"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Tabarin

and the subsequent battle there, after British and American forces found out about it, and were repelled and defeated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Highjump

the Admiral of the expedition and polar explorer had this to say

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_E._Byrd
>>
File: snow.jpg (397KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
snow.jpg
397KB, 1800x1200px
>>660872
Is that thor peak?

But, if I could go anywhere I wanted, I would probably go to a remote arctic region like Greenland or Antarctica and just ride a snowmobile through the endless snowy landscape all day.
>>
File: lft.jpg (84KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
lft.jpg
84KB, 600x450px
>>660904
lotus flower tower
>>
>>660812
I did the AT this past year. and thatd the extent of all the backpacking I have ever done
>>
>>660906
Oh.

>tfw 6'3" and tried to get into climbing but I'm simply too tall and big to do it as well as people who are shorter and more nimble and agile than myself
>>
File: 5646546.gif (1MB, 341x331px) Image search: [Google]
5646546.gif
1MB, 341x331px
>>660909
>comparing yourself to other people
>>
Id really like to explore the Er Wang Dong tunnels. partially because there are 2 references to dicks in the title and because it fits really close with dreams i used to have when i wad 10 and 11. I can only imagine how beautiful it is in real life
>>
I'm 6'5". Who cares if some other people are slightly better. Just do what you want.
>>
File: 7XnO3xL.jpg (743KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
7XnO3xL.jpg
743KB, 2048x1365px
probably pic related not sure of where the original photo was taken but I'm pretty sure It was near the Canadian Rockies.
>>
>>660797

Travel the trans-siberian railway stopping at every single stop.

Or just wander around China.
>>
Realistically through hike Japan.

Not realistically the Silk Road from Istanbul to shanghai.
>>
File: tacoma dirtbikes.jpg (158KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
tacoma dirtbikes.jpg
158KB, 1024x768px
tbqh senpai:
>Older tacoma
>CRF450r
>YZ250
Start from minnesota, head to washington, down to arizona, and then back to minnesota and dirtbike in every state/park. The ol' 450 for big long trails, and the 2 smoker for tough single track. Grab funs, friends, and head out for more then a month
>>
Motorbike around the world.
But probably it's gonna be motorbike from Uruguay to Ushuaia.
>>
File: 182-FILE0806_-L.jpg (164KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
182-FILE0806_-L.jpg
164KB, 800x600px
>>661066
>Motorbike around the world.
This.

Well-set-up KTM 990 Adventure, yes please.

I'd also like to go snowmobiling in Chile and Russia.
>>
>>660892
>occams razor
>volcanic vent
>soil erosion and glacial melt

>nope must be the super-nazi sub-arctic skunkworks where they developed mind beams and anti-matter bombs
>this conspiritard clickbait article says so
>>
might be a pleb choice but I'd say the PCT
>>
File: image.jpg (280KB, 990x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
280KB, 990x700px
As dorky as it sounds, I would love to UrbEx an over grown and abandoned city or small town and act like survivors from The Last Of Us. Just live in an empty city. Maybe catch a train in like hobos, dismount in the city at a point where the train slows, and rediscover what mankind left when they moved. I think it would be fun to camp out in the ruins of a small library for the night. A small fire is going. The light of the flame playing with the shadows of the warped and bloated spine of the books on the shelves. You look up from a mildly preserved copy of your favorite book to see your closest friends. One maybe is tearing up already ruin copies of an encyclopedia to use as future kindling once you move on. Perhaps one is preparing some freshly harvested food you found earlier in the form of stew to heat up. You gaze over their shoulder to see two more of your friends laughing at a child's joke book they found on the shelf. You look down at your book to see the crispy, pale yellow pages. "Maybe I'll try to finish one more chapter before I turn in" you think. Still a page out from your recent goal you're eyelids get heavy and you decide to turn, besides, you know how the book ends. Laying down you look up through half of the Missing ceiling to see the stars shining. After you predict the the weather Will stay clear through the night you drop your eye lids and drift off in good company. The worst danger I think I wouldn't be able to Minimize would be any wild animals.

Maybe
>>
>>661180
there are cities in china where nobody lives. Give it time, and you could get your wish with wi-fi.
>>
Work time and money isn't an issue?

I'm exploring every nook and cranny of Canada, until

a) i die

b) the person i must have robbed (to make money not be an issue) kills me
>>
>>660797
>BE UNITED STATES
>HIKE ALL THE TRAILS!
>>
>>660797
Te Aroura in New Zealand.

Its a long trail that goes all the way through the whole country and actually goes through every single ecological biome. You literally get everything from Desert, mountain, Arctic, Grassland, hills, Marsh/swamp, etc etc
>>
move to north Sweden, Canada, northern American states or something like that. and live in a cozy modern yet somewhat traditional cabin and make sure i own the land around it
>>
ive always wanted hike/travel to Nordkapp
>>
File: 2012-11-11_14_11_994.jpg (124KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
2012-11-11_14_11_994.jpg
124KB, 800x600px
Travelling is actually super cheap.

This guy got a bike, all his gear, travelled from Britain to Cape Town through the Middle East, then around South America, replaced the bike that broke, got new gear to replace the damaged gear, then came back about a year and a half later.

And he, apparently, spent less than the price of a BMW GS, which would be somewhere from £14k-£20k.

When you think that the average holiday something like 1.5k per week, he spent basically nothing for an adventure of a lifetime. As if you could even put a price on such a thing, which is what it all comes down to.
>>
>>661307
Bmw's are overrated. Those things are too heavy.
>>
>>660815
the international AT goes will into Canada with plans to extended it to Greenland>Iceland>Scotland>England>France>Spain>Ending in Northern Africa
>>
>>661461
Great. then we won't have to pay for Obama to fly all the niggers in africa over here
>>
Either AT or that canadian long ass trail..
>>
test senpai
>>
>>661730
holy crap. if you write f@m, it converts it to senpai. mods=gay
>>
Stargazing
>>
>>661731
that happened a long time ago baka-desu-senpai -> baka desu senpai
>>
>>662731
*smhtbhfam
>>
>>660797
Walking from Istanbul to Vladivostok, crossing the Karakorum/Himalaya on the way, including summiting all 8000ers; taking a break sightseeing and casual mountaineering in Japan; then walking west through Mongolia, crossing the Altai and Tian Shan mountain ranges before turning north to Omsk and traveling back to Europe by train.
>>
>i'd walk every hill/mountain/benn with a name in Scotland.
>kayak in every loch with a name.
>sail around the UK and Ireland
>walk to every distillery and ask for a wee dram, except Bells! Bells is disgusting!
all of this but not specifically in that order.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-10-16-18-07-47.png (266KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-10-16-18-07-47.png
266KB, 480x320px
Kayak the Yukon River head to toe.

That would be nice.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.