[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hikers with asthma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 20150627_144755.jpg (4MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20150627_144755.jpg
4MB, 4128x2322px
How should one deal when hiking with a partner who has asthma? A few friends of mine are coming into my town over the next couple of weeks and there's a girl among them who is about 240 pounds and has asthma.

When I learn how out of shape she was I suggested that they not bring her along, but they are adamant that she really wants to see the hills.

It's about a 6 mile hike on a really gentle incline but the pathway is rocky and uneven. What can be done to not wear the girl down or flare up her asthma?
>>
>>660783
Helilift
>>
>>660858

:C
>>
>>660783
Lol guy, she's fucked. Totally and completely. 6 miles? You might've been okay with a fourth of one, maybe.
>>
>>660783
move as fast as you can. if she can't keep up, let her survive (or die) alone on the hills.

it's not about the asthma, she's overweight. tell her you don't want to be mean, but that she really isn't in a shape to go /out/. tell her she dies unless she loses some weight. do her a favor.
>>
File: IMG_2891.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2891.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
>>660877
Just make sure she has an inhaler, and hike. Shell power through it. Brought this land whale on a 11 mile hike that was pretty tough. One day camping trip turned into 2 but I was fine with it, I had a clear schedule.
>>
>>660783
Exertion asthma dude here, 6'1 170lbs.

If you really wish to bring her, make sure to start by not running or keeping a too high pace, since it can be triggered by not warming up.

Otherwise there are inhalers that she can use when she feels asthmatic, make sure she brings it.
>>
File: riddicksays.jpg (17KB, 288x250px) Image search: [Google]
riddicksays.jpg
17KB, 288x250px
There's gonna be one speed: mine. If you can't keep up, don't step up.
>>
>>660783
If she wants to see the hills, might I suggest sitting her in a McDonalds with a view of the hills and some binocoluars, seems more her style.
>>
>>660970

Yeah, I already figured to put her at the head of the group so that we all hike at her own pace. Other people have told me to be easy and liberal with the amount of breaks that we take.

I'm also thinking on purchasing a cheap hiking staff to help her out. Anything I can do really to make sure she doesn't just walk 100 feet and want to turn back.
>>
File: ihealth-ephedrine-hcl.jpg (29KB, 202x300px) Image search: [Google]
ihealth-ephedrine-hcl.jpg
29KB, 202x300px
>>
>>661352
She will, no matter what you do. You should've been more firm. Deep down she knows she can't do it, she just wants to have friends. Fat chicks are horrible. Report back here after the hike so we can say we told you so.
>>
>>661004
Underrated post. Kek
>>
>>661385
She'll be sweaty as a MF with Ephedrine, gross
>>
>>661639
As if she won't be without ephedrine?
>>
Asthma isn't the issue here.

That chick is fat, have fun.
>>
> girl
> asthma
> weighs as much as 2 girls

She's already dead. Just let her lag behind and nature will take it's course.
>>
Make sure you're able to get in contact with the local search and rescue. Might even be worth it to tell them the situation beforehand, so they know they'll have to put extra gas in the chopper.

Seriously op, if this chick is carrying gear AND is asthmatic, she's not going to make it.
>>
>>660783
a calm pace and a five minute break every mile would help
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.