[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any recomendations on cheaper good hiking pants for snow? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 80144_JK3_TNF_BLACK_LG.jpg (50KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
80144_JK3_TNF_BLACK_LG.jpg
50KB, 1000x1000px
Any recomendations on cheaper good hiking pants for snow? I'm losing weight so I don't need anything real fancy and I'm not doing anything hardcore.
>>
>>660306
>Not fancy, cheap

Just wear what you have you hipster doofys
>>
>>660306
I actually have the same pants in your pic OP, but they have suspendeders built in.... I use them for skiing.

They are awesome. Got them like 10 years ago on sale for like $20. Got a Marler ski jacket too for like $40... come to think of it, I got ski boots MSRP $800 for $125.... needless to say, that store went out of business. Everything was always on clearance seemed like.

They're good pants but I've never hiked in them. Only ski in them.
>>
>>660306
I got a pair of Arcteryx drac pants. They are only 260 bucks. Great for snow once you put some long John silver's under it.
>>
File: 20160107_172310-1.jpg (1MB, 1305x1614px) Image search: [Google]
20160107_172310-1.jpg
1MB, 1305x1614px
You need to get some Rugby shorts.
>>
>>660422
I second this

>Arcteryx drac pants. They are only 260 bucks. Great for snow once you put some long John silver's under it.
>>
File: heatpants2.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
heatpants2.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
Columbia makes snow pants lined with thermally reflective mylar micro dots. It's breathable so you don't get sweaty but it traps your radiated body heat extremely effectively.

I have a pair. They work fine as long as you don't let air escape. When you open them to take a piss or whatever all the warm air gets out and it takes ~20-30 minutes to get warm again.
>>
>>660533
They are the most versatile pair of pants I own. Plus the knee pad pockets are actually useful when you are skiing and I wish I had them on when I was hiking a few times when I had to crawl.
>>
>>660306
i feel like ski pants can be found a lot cheaper than winter hiking pants. Just get the cheapest ski pants you can get your hands on, off-brand or in sales. I spent 20 euro's on ski pants i use for winter hiking, they work fine.
>>
>>660735
In fact, i'm even thinking of getting another pair of cheap ski pants and taking the insulation and lining out and using them as mountaineering pants. I just can't believe the price difference between ski-pants and hiking-mountaineering pants, i think it's due to the larger market for skiing, but still...
>>
>>660738
and probably also because the ski market is way more prone fashion hypes and everything that doesn't sell in the season goes on sale right after the season ends.
>>
>>660739
Ski pants are only good for downhill though. I always wear hike pants with long john silvers while cross country skiing, snow shoeing and winter hiking because I get overheated with that much insulation.
>>
Why don't you get some tights?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.