/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >trapped in Shitcago >stuck here for at least

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 20150201_162809.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20150201_162809.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>be me
>trapped in Shitcago
>stuck here for at least another 2-3 years

How do I /out/ while I'm here? I lived in Colorado for over 2 years and now the whole midwest is a huge joke to me. As soon a I save enough money I'm getting climbing gym membership, and that's really all I can think of besides the forest preserves.
>>
>>660290
Get up to Wisconsin, or go either out west towards the Mississsippi River or south like Carbondale for anything that resembles terrain and wildlife.

Check out Starved Rock or whatever the hell it's called. My sister went camping there a few years back and witnessed some dude jump off a cliff and kill himself.
>>
>>660290
Youre in the Great Lakes region and Cant find an /out/door activity?

Are you hurt or sick? Is something preventing you from thinking clearly?
>>
>>660302
Well, name one place a day-trip distance from Chicago where there's /out/ stuff to do. I've looked into sailing but I'm pretty broke right now so it's off the table. Basically right now I have typical camping gear, and a small trad climbing rack along with mountaineering gear I've put together over the years.
>>
>>660302
You're fucking retarded. Illinois is confirmed for basement tier out opportunities. It's the goddamn worst. You can drive up to northern wisconsin, which is like 4-5 hours, and there's some decent stuff up there, but don't act like this guy's an idiot. Chicago is AWFUL for /out/. Especially compared to everything west of it.

Anon, you're kinda fucked. That being said, you can drive just a bit past milwaukee and there's that teakettle moraine thing (state park) and that could be a day trip. It looked like shit when I was down there, but some people say there are decent spots to hike around. If I were you I'd be urbexing and writing a coffee table book about it.

And don't get shot.
>>
>>660305
If you are on a day trip do you bring your camping gear?
>>
>>660402
Only some stuff that might be called "camping" gear, i.e. survival stuff in case I get lost.
>>
File: IMG_20150804_082158386_HDR.jpg (3MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150804_082158386_HDR.jpg
3MB, 4320x2432px
>>660338
You must be really fun to go outdoors with.

Pic related. Hanging /out/ in Chicagoland.
>>
>>660290
man just go to the lake on the michigan side, there's state parks everywhere over there starting like 30 mins from you
>>
>>660338
>god damn worst
i see your bet, and raise you Kansas
get fucked
>>
>>660290
>be dumb drylander
>on Lake Michigan
>wat do /out/
Sail.
>>
File: lakewater.jpg (76KB, 700x487px) Image search: [Google]
lakewater.jpg
76KB, 700x487px
>>660582

so, if you catch something, do you take it to the recycling center to have the heavy metals reclaimed?
>>
>>660612
A lot of the mercury in fishies comes from the bedrock, not pollution.
>>
>>660290
You out of Colorado so you have mountain disease. I tend to be like that too out of Washington. The forest preserves and lakes in Chicago are a lot of fun for /out/. Get into some lake fishing, explore the beaches, and just enjoy the forests. You just have to change your activities, which is unfortunate if you love mountains like I do, but it's just something you got to get over.
>>
I'm also currently living in Chicago.

OP, your only chance is to go to Wildcat Mountain State Park in Wisconsin. The driftless region has hills, and it's fucking gorgeous.

Other than that, yeah this region is absolutely hideous. I've traveled the west, and I was trying to move out there, but opportunities just keep opening up for me in Chicago. I almost want to just call it quits on everything here and move near the mountains, but I know that after the excitement of living in the west wears off, I'd regret leaving all of the opportunities here.
>>
>>660613

>A lot of the mercury in fishies comes from the bedrock

YESSSSS, ORGANIC MERCURY IS GLUTEN FREE
>>
>>660290
>I lived in Colorado for over 2 years
Fuck off, we're full.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.