[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got wool?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

I am working on head to toe Merino baselayer coverage.
>>
>>659074
i wish i was a billionare
>>
Stanfields
>>
Icebreaker
>>
I prodealed a midweight base layer from smartwool when I was working at REI, now that I'm up in the mountains for the winter shit is so cash and I'm nice and toasty on the slopes.
>>
but r u sheep? do sheep hav toes?
>>
>>659074
I've got a large bag of loose wool in the shed and a spinning wheel in the basement. I should make something.
>>
>>659221
> things that will never happen

Just marry a Navajo woman and setup a loom.
>>
>>659074
I got a merino tuque, merino under shirt and merino socks. No wool long John silver's though.
>>
>>659221
Make a wool quilted blanket.
>>
>>659074
Merino is a meme material that only exists because women, children and whiny urban hipster faggots can't deal with a little bit of scratching. If you use it for anything except underpants or baselayer, you're probably one of these.
>>
>>659420
To specify, long john silvers and shawls are also out. We'll make an exception for the shirt because you must protect those tender nipples.
>>
>>659426
You do realize that base layer and longjohns are the same thing, right?
>>
>literally rubbing your face and genitals against a sheep
i'll stick to my multiester fabrics tyvm
>>
>>659426
What about your tender butthole?
>>
>>659439
Meant to say shirt (because your hairy legs can handle a bit of real wool) and forgot longjohns also count as baselayer.
>>
>>659465
I don't know about you, sir, but my butthole can deflect small arms fire.
>>
>>659482
My butthole will shoot back
>>
>>659494
My butthole believes in the castle doctrine.
>>
>>659539
My butthole is a pacifist. Too bad he lives next to a dick.
>>
>>659549
My butthole is currently planning the armed take over of a federal wildlife refuge with a bunch of like-minded buttholes.
>>
Fucking anally fixated freaks, are you done yet?

Stick a merino sock in your butthole and take a pic, this is an img site!
>>
>>659646
Sorry, I only stick synthetic socks in my butthole.
>>
>>659657
> not useig natural materials like camel bone, volcanic glass and whale ivory

Weirdo.
>>
>>659672
Don't judge me.
>>
File: 1448507694796.jpg (49KB, 330x479px) Image search: [Google]
1448507694796.jpg
49KB, 330x479px
>>659294
>long John silver's
EVERY
SINGLE
TIME!
>>
>>659686
>>
>>659074
>memerino
>>
File: Graham_Chapman_Colonel.jpg (138KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
Graham_Chapman_Colonel.jpg
138KB, 540x540px
Stop that! This thread is too silly.

It started out as a perfectly sensible thread about woolen undergarments but then turned to armed anuses and pirates.

Now we're going to break off, take a moment, regroup and try again.

Carry on.
>>
>>660070
>>659420
Merino wool is a meme material that is weak, expensive and not much warmer than "normal" wool (with thicker fibres). People have worn wool for basically every piece of clothing except for the first layer of shirt since forever, and I'm kinda pissed I can't get stuff like stanfields' normal wool underwear in germany. Wool shirts like filson or woolrich are snowflake tier here too.

Another thing I'd like to see is more wool outerwear like filson. There's actually a tradition of using felted wool (called loden) among hunters here, but it's only starting to find application in modern cuts. Felted wool can reach the water resistance of a softshell if treated right, wicks and absorbs sweat and is altogether very comfortable to wear.
>>
>>660170
>>660170
But since we're talking about merino, I'd like to add that woolpower makes really nice, warm and comfortable stuff. Though I believe the terry loops in their clothes are made of polyester, which would probably smell fast, especially if worn as first layer. I'd prefer some wool or wool/polyamide terry, maybe with merino loops and thick wool shell. Icebreaker makes the realfleece with wool fleece pile and a corespun nylon/merino shell, but I've not tried that one.
>>
>>660170
Filson wool outers were _the best of the best_ up to as late as 1994-5 or so.

Chinese after unknown, but close to, date.

I think some leather goods are still US?
>>
I am getting close!

Smartwool socks, Icebreaker baselayer.

Useing silk bottoms under Icebreaker Merino wool bottoms. Still feel the wind in jeans.

Hate 'um! No more jeans!
>>
ITT: how to spot grumpy poorfags

This shit isn't even that expense.
>>
>>661842
Sweet! Get yourself some frogg toggs pants. they're warm, waterproof, windbreak, and are breathable so you don't steam and sweat. they're the perfect compliment to your woolen silvers, although they are not themselves woolen
>>
>>661845
The experiment continues. I will wear the same baselayer through the end of January, changing out my butthole cover and socks as needed.

The silk may not last, but the Icebreaker top and bottoms are scheduled for the duration!
>>
>>659074
>>659078
i got a 70% merino long sleved t-shirt for like $10 the rest is some elastic polysomething material to make it fit snug and not stretch and stuff.
>>
File: IMG_20151011_075636.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151011_075636.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
Used, as new 100% fine Merino.
>>
>80/20 wool blanket - $20
>100% wool blanket - $80

why is this?
>>
>>662024
I blame the sheep. Fucking sheep!
>>
>>662024
Recycled wool.
>>
When do you think merino long john silvers will go on sale?
I want to be warm next winter ;_;
>>
>>662062
End of the season. Check the clearance sites of the usual places (REI outlet, moose jaw, campsaver, etc).
>>
>>662062
>>662208
sierra trading post.
got some silvers there years ago and they still keep me toasty
>>
>>659078
>>661844
Really. A pair of nice Smartwool, Bridgedale or Darn Tough can run $12/16 a pair.

Protip: Darn Tough have a lifetime warranty, so socks for life as long as the internet is up or you can still write a letter.

I have all three. It was hard to break out from mr Bridgedales, so nice!

I am about ready to admit Smartwools are better...

Darn Tough have a double layer weave that is "tight for size", at least to my foot. But the warrenty! I'm still not sold...

Smartwool is rocking my tootsies!

I am giving all my old cotton, acrylic socks to poor fag friends.

3 more pair of Smartwool on order @ $12/ea. Six dollars acfoot I can afford, when they last MINIMUM of three day wear.

Unheard of with my "swamp foot", if anybody remembers that meme?
>>
I just went six days in 100% pure Morino Smartwool socks, washing my feet in the morning and 12+ hrs daily in heavy boots.

Will admit they were a little "sticky" tonight... Goldbond foot powder and cotton socks tonight and a new pair of Smqrtwools tomorrow!

Icebreaker 260 base top is six days and going strong! I expect another 10 days, at least before I feel obligated to launder it.

This is great!
>>
File: Long john silvers away!!!.jpg (23KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
Long john silvers away!!!.jpg
23KB, 240x320px
LJS!
LJS!
LJS!
LJS!
LJS!
>>
>>664823
Meaning you've got wool or are butthole curious?
>>
>>664831
Wooly Bully
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE_MpQhgtQ8
>>
>>661952
On week two, no oder.

Yesterdays hike got my upper base layer lightly soaked, still wear, no oder this morning.

Going on for another week.
>>
So everyone agrees that wool is anti bacterial and hence odor resistant, Wikipedia says this is because it contains lanolin on the wool fibers. My question is, and I can't find an answer for it, is it possible to strip the lanolin over time and through washing?
>>
>>666348
>Possible
It happens with certainty if you use normal detergent. Some (good) wool detergents contain lanolin to refresh it. There's also special treatments for it.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.