[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

jacksonville, fl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

File: Loftin-Nature-Trails-341x173.jpg (31KB, 341x173px) Image search: [Google]
Loftin-Nature-Trails-341x173.jpg
31KB, 341x173px
I'm in the jacksonville area. From LA. I used to love hiking the San Gabriel mountains back home. I think the parks out here are pretty boring. Just a bunch of flats trails through swampland. Anybody have any ideas of things that can wow me, make my heart rate go up and possibly generate some adrenaline for me? I like water too.
>>
>>658073
Come on down to south fl. I'll take you on a foot tour of the glades. Then smother you in rancid chicken fat. Let you try to make it back in one piece. That ought to get your thumper thumpin. Tourist.
>>
>>658073
>foot tour of the glades.

Yawn
>>
>>658073
Search for nearby springs and go cave diving. Getting lost in cramped spaces will surely give you that rush
>>
>>658073
Go north to the mountains to hike or stop moving to places and complaining about them.
>>
Goosebump
>>
File: Kaufland.jpg (136KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Kaufland.jpg
136KB, 1500x1500px
Oh boy a Florida thread. Hey guys, what sleeping systems do you use? I want to get a decent bag, but all the reviews and recommendations I see are about further north where temperature is stupid important. I've been looking at the cheap Kaufland 40 degree bag on Amazon, but I'm still unsure.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00IS8DGAW/hkngv-20
>>
Go to Cumberland island it's really close. I was just in Jax the past few years and never got around to it. There's wild horses some sights to see and from what I hear plenty of trails and camping.
>>
>>658073
I just came back from Jax, have you even been to more than a couple of trails? There are 100's of options within an hour's driving distance. Instead of getting slow recommendation from this thread, why not just do a google search or use the government parks and recreation websites to get an overview of each place. I've been to plenty of trails, some of them suck because they are baby trails for the rich mom's to jog on with their friends... but you can't tell me the trails that parallel beside the ocean are boring? Also get a kayak and use the inter-coastal as your trail? Where's your head at bucko.
>>
>>658073
Why in hell would anyone move to Jacksonville?
>>
>>658750
Maybe they like niggers. Oh wait, no one does
>>
>>658155
That actually interests me in a way.
>>
>>658518
I have a tan sleeping bag that rolls up really small. I can post a pic when I get home. It has a built in mosquito net which I found to be EXTREMELY useful here camping out in hannah park.
>>
File: CumberlandIRuinsWildhorses_418w.jpg (44KB, 418x437px) Image search: [Google]
CumberlandIRuinsWildhorses_418w.jpg
44KB, 418x437px
>>658528
I will absolutely check cumberland island out. Thank you. I looked at their website. It looks like one of the coolest things I've seen around here.
>>
>>658899
Sounds like the snugpak Jungle bag
>>
>>658912
Yep. That's it bro.
>>
File: Flordia.jpg (179KB, 970x546px) Image search: [Google]
Flordia.jpg
179KB, 970x546px
>>658750
It beats any of the other hayseed towns for about an hour in any direction.
>>
File: IMG_20151029_103356_671.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151029_103356_671.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
i know what you mean Florida sucks. I took a bicycle trip down there, it was just flat, hot, and boring. Ended up hitching a ride with a truck driver just to get out.
>>
Jekyll Island is kind of cool too. Old architecture, beaches, horseshoe crabs, gators. I stealth camped behind some bushes a couple nights there. You have protected forests all over the place to check out. Space coast is cool. Jacksonville is a shithole but atleast you don't have to deal with frigid ass weather.
>>
File: dvlmlhpr.jpg (180KB, 925x600px) Image search: [Google]
dvlmlhpr.jpg
180KB, 925x600px
Been here my whole life. The closest thing to an exiting out experience your gona find in Jacksonville is climbing down to the beach on Big Talbot. There is a reall big sinkhole in Gainsville called the Devil's Millhopper but its not as exiting as the name implies. Florida actually has really great state parks but your not going to find adrenalin anywhere unless you find a cottonmouth in your tent.
>>
File: 14519926778182014742637.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
14519926778182014742637.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>658518
>>658912
>>
File: BP90035508-green.jpg-SPOTWF-zoom.jpg (158KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
BP90035508-green.jpg-SPOTWF-zoom.jpg
158KB, 1000x1000px
>>659271
That actually makes me pretty happy with my sleeping bag purchase. Got it a couple of years ago for the equivalent of ~35USD, comfort +10c/50f, weighs 850gm and packs a bit smaller than that snugpack, been great in the time I've had it and I've used it at 0c/32f and it was a little cold but not enough to keep me awake.
>>
>>659278
Niiiiice
>>
Camping/Hiking in Fla is shit tier. Get a kayak or a kite and get on the water.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.