[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to go kayaking but the local kayakers make it sound v

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: pokeweed.jpg (2MB, 3472x2604px) Image search: [Google]
pokeweed.jpg
2MB, 3472x2604px
I want to go kayaking but the local kayakers make it sound very dangerous to go alone. Is a canoe safer or a kayak, also I saw some kayaks at Walmart for 300 dollars is would I be buying junk if I got that or are they fine for a beginner?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDuKW8EJWHw
>>
>>657487
Where? Ocean? Lake? River? Whitewater? Warm or cold water? Kayaking alone isn't necessarily dangerous unless it's rough water or open ocean but you should know what to do if you tip.

>also I saw some kayaks at Walmart for 300 dollars is would I be buying junk if I got that or are they fine for a beginner?
As long as it floats junk is better than no boat but you should have a look at used boats as well. Better not to spend too much on a first boat because you don't know what you like yet.
>>
>>657487
>walmart

do you even craigslist nigga?
>>
>>657487
I casually kayak on a calm lake every now and then. I bought a $250 kayak from Walmart, and it's served me well for about two years now, no leaks. It was a really good, cheap option that let me know whether or not I liked it. Stay far away from boats if you're going out on a popular lakes though, the wake can easily tip you over. Don't bring anything with you that you're not prepared to lose.
>>
Join your local canoe/kayak club, they probably have a club boat and set of paddles etc you can borrow for a while to see if you enjoy that, they will probably offer basic teaching/beginner sessions. Go along to these before you throw however much money at something that's probably a piece of shit. I did this last year and now I go every weekend that I can because I joined a club and actually have people that I want to go kayaking with.
>>
>>657487
Thanks for all the info guys
>>657518
>>657711
>>657825
>>657904
>>
Don't forget to paint your kayak or canoe black
>>
>>658177
Why would I do that?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.