[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Off-road spots - Long Island, NY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: Capture.png (1MB, 1169x527px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1MB, 1169x527px
Sup /out/, /k/ here.

I just got picked up a 2014 Nissan Xterra as my first SUV. I want test out the 4WD system and see how capable it is.

Anyone know of any good areas in this area that wont get me a ticket?

best ive found near me so far are 1-2mi stretches of trail that run under high-tension lines. probably county owned.
>>
>>657144
>stretches of trail that run under high-tension lines. probably county owned.
That's probably Con-Edison right of way, or whoever owns the lines.
>>
Sorry not in NY
When off road drive in two wheel drive.
If you have an issue then switch to four wheel.
This is better then getting stuck in four wheel. Because you cannot switch to six wheel drive.
And you will learn the limitations of your vehicle,
But take a shovel, a chain, a come along with a weight rated for your vehicle and a high lift jack.
Learn the difference between tires for snow and mud and tires for sand. If you try to drive through snow or mud with tires that have rounded shoulders then expect to be towed out.
Learn how to winch your truck out of mud if you are alone,
Don't forget food, water and to tell some one where you will be and when you will be back.
>>
>>657144
Your first step is to un-cuck yourself and get the fuck out of Jew York.
>>
>>657207
If the Xterra is anything like the Terrano it'll need to 10m (about 30 feet) to engage 4wd.
>Better to stay out of trouble than get out of it.
>>
>>657144

Be careful off-roading in Suffolk County, the Police Officers are corrupt.

http://pix11.com/2015/11/23/criminal-indictment-expected-against-top-cop-high-ranks-in-suffolk-county-police-force-sources/
>>
welp, I actually went offroading today. In a spot I used to go with my father and younger brother.

Had a hell of a good time. Went through plenty of mud bogs, up and down plenty of hills, over logs, the works.
>>
File: IMG_20160102_124412.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160102_124412.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>657534
forgot pic
>>
File: Capture.png (394KB, 487x415px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
394KB, 487x415px
>>657534
>>657536
and then this happened...

NYS DEC came and kicked us out. after my father and I explained our situation, told him we were just testing the 4WD, used to com here as kids, didn't see any signs, and werent carrying any weapons (he asked); he let us off with a warning.
>>
Why would you buy 4wd when there is nowhere you can use it?
>>
>>658059
AWD gives you better traction when you're going up or down an icy hill with snow tyres on.
>>
>>657539
Why were you tresspassing?
Stop breaking the law.
In b4 we didn't know.
It's your responsibility to know.
>>
>>657144
long island is probably the worst place to live if you like go outdoors besides being the worst place to live overall.
>>
>>658072
He doesn't have AWD you British fairy
>>
>>658192
/thread
>>
>>658192
Jersey cuck detected
>>
> do you have any weapons?
> none of your motherfucking business you facist, nazi pig!

Way to go, op. Stay in NY, pls.
>>
after doing research, I'm gonna look into taking a road trip to PA with this thing. It looks like there are a couple of legal offroad parks there.

>>658192
>fucking this

>>658059
>snow
>potholes
>fuck you, thats why

>>658076
used to hike and ride ATVs back there for 10+ years as a kid. never got stopped then.

Entrance to trails had two open gates and not one "No Trespassing", "Posted" or "Private Property" sign.
>>
>>658072
>AWD isn't 4WD
Wait, seriously?
>>
>>658211
>>658424
oops, wrong poast
>>
File: 1WH9UL2.jpg (110KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1WH9UL2.jpg
110KB, 640x480px
So....coming to NF finally? When you going we can go together in my superior jeep~
>>
>>658424
It isn't.
>>
>>658462
Yes, I am coming. but I am gonna see the capabilities of this Xterra. Appreciate the offer.
>>
>>658415

>bought a 4wd for potholes and to be cool

OK. Good way to spend $3000 extra for a shittier ride with worse mileage.
>>
>Long Island 4 WD is a meme

Deny it, you can't
>>
>>658424
Nope. Wikipedia it.
>>
>>658641

His money. Don't be a bitch.
>>
>>657144
If you head out to Montauk, there are some cool trails you can drive to get to the beaches.
>>
>>658880
His opinion. Don't be a cunt.
>>
>>658192
I live on Long Island, yea not great but far from the worst.

>worst place to live overall.
Not entirely true, its not so great if you don't make good money.
>>
Go to ocean pkway before gilgo beach but after the obi heading west there's a trail onthe south side that leads to the beach ur supposed to have a nystate 4x4 permit but they never check your prob gonna get stuck with only awd esp if you don't air down good luck its mainly sand
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.