[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Basically I'm just some crazy kid who likes plants but doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Basically I'm just some crazy kid who likes plants but doesn't know much about growing them. What I want to do is find some small little plant, or a seed. And plant it in this, what do I need? Can I just use dirt from outside? Do I need specific soil or some shit? Help plz
>>
File: 1444813886216.png (233KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1444813886216.png
233KB, 512x512px
>>656517

from seeds, plants take a while depending on the breed to actually shoot and become strong. In the meantime they are incredibly weak (some anyway) and they generally need alot of effort for no long term visual feedback.

Now cuttings, that shit is cash. learn how to maintain cuttings from older plants and skip the shoot phase of seedlings.

I would advise some better containers with holes in the bottom for better chance of not overwatering a young plant. Though I see the appeal of the jar itself.

I dont have the conditions where I live, but I would love to grow a redwood from a seed that I could find inside one of its pinecones. Those things require strange tempature conditions to germinate however, but they grow so fast.... imagine showing your grandchildren some 60 ft tall redwood and saying "I planted that when it was just a pinecone"
>>
Are your parents going to be mad when they catch you growing marijuanas?
>>
File: 2015-11-05 00.10.58.jpg (323KB, 609x818px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-05 00.10.58.jpg
323KB, 609x818px
Seriously op i shit you not i was in your exact position like 2-3 months ago.

Id just seen the movie the martian, id allways wanted to grow things and i had this moment where i was like "if matt damon can do it on mars with just what he had, surely i can do it on earth".

So i scooped out several seeds from a butternut squash while i was preparing it to cook and put them to one side, i found a small plastic container with a screw on lid, similar to yours in size, i wend and dug up some dirt from outside, put it in the container, pressed the seeds in about an inch, i planted 3 of them btw, watered it well then screwed the lid on and left it on a windowsill, id open it for like 10-15 mins a day and give it a splash of water when it was looking a little dry, and you know what...

After about a week, They sprouted, they grew, overnight they went from little "hey there might be something going on" to alive, a shoot with two round leaves...it was such a happy feeling.

Ive still got those sprouts, theyve survived 2 serious pot size upgrades and now live outside in partial sun, theyre growing well and are about due for another pot upsize.

Pic related is them, maybe a week after they sprouted, they were droopy so i supported them with some metal skewers and some cotton tied gently around the stalks in loops.

So op, in summary, dirt from your backyard is fine, that container is fine, all you need is a seed to plant and to water it each day.
>>
>>656603
a fan might help with the droopiness
>>
>>656517
I'm in the same boat as you OP.

What I did was just get an empty gatorade bottle, cut the top part off so it was just an open container, fill it with soil from my backyard, and planted a pea in it.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.