[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm tired of laboring for someone else to survive What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: latest[1].png (340KB, 640x653px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
340KB, 640x653px
I'm tired of laboring for someone else to survive

What books do you recommend to learn how to live off the fat of the land? preferably with as little commercial consumption as possible (ie. expensive camping gear and weaponry)

Not talking about going off the grid here, just want the piece of mind that I can keep myself alive without external support
>>
Just start your own business. Get rich enough to buy a modest plot of land, turn the land into farmable acreage. Start a farm, get a wife with big birthing hips and big soft titties.
Have a bunch of kids.
Have land to go /out/.
Have a hot wife.
Win.
>>
All these retards who think flipping burgers is "laboring for others" and harder than scavenging the woods in December for nuts and berries

First thing junior is learning to care for yourself. Once you get that mastered let us know.
>>
File: info_legend.jpg (81KB, 1621x270px) Image search: [Google]
info_legend.jpg
81KB, 1621x270px
>>656413
have a look through my survival folder

https://mega.nz/#!TltnRBaT!oU1cwnMRR_SqsN_AA4XtmB7a84yS_EUawtQa8GM7rP0
>>
>>656493
Not OP and from the sound of it he hasn't quite hit on the right attitude, but it's not about difficulty, it's about autonomy. I don't know why you'd take issue with that if you're talking about learning to care for yourself.

Also, flipping burgers is something I've done and probably will do again, but I don't see how it isn't laboring for others. Or more specifically - doing something whose only real point is making profit for other people.

Anyway, there's no one right answer to this, it's a question of navigation. What do you want to do? What resources, leverage, power, knowhow do you have at hand, and what can you build? How can you use that to get what you want done accomplished?
>>
>>656765

>doing something whose only real point is making profit for other people.

Isn't the point of working to make money for yourself? To make your life better? Meanwhile your work product is so shitty the boss is losing money and customers because you can't be bothered to follow instructions that were developed to let retards function

Until you kids understand this basic concept you will be failures and we will laugh at you
>>
>>656413

Read into the wild, it will catch you up to speed quick.
>>
>>657060
>>
>>656416
>start your own business
>get rich

Wow, what great advice, everyone should just do that..
>>
>>656761
pls ulpoad all of those folders :0
i love infographics
>>
If I were you I'd go and learn directly from the people who are (or are trying to be) autonomous. They're likely to open up their doors and share their knowledge. Everything I know about cultivating and farming I got from being around other farmers, going to their homes, seeing their setups, getting tips & tricks here and there.

A nice, well maintained greenhouse is a must to live from the land all year round because you always want to have essentials like tomatoes, salad, coriander etc. Of course everything depends on the latitude you're situated, you won't have the same practices in Oslo as someone living in Marrakech.

I'll be sowing potato by the end of january so they can profit from the rains throughout feb and march then I'll be eating them around april. I've found the soil isn't that important, as long as it is relatively healthy, everything will grow.

>>656416
>just
>just cure all forms of cancer
>just solve fusion energy
>just land on Mars

This is the /r9k/ equivalent of just "just be yourself".
>>
>>657326

http://infothread.org/

knock yourself out
>>
>>657326
already did, that link is the whole library
;)
>>
>>656493
>All these retards who think flipping burgers is "laboring for others" and harder than scavenging the woods in December for nuts and berries

depends on the person....
>>
>>656803
Projecting awfully hard there, bub. I'll grant you, most kids these days have shit work ethic; I, on the other hand, am in my mid thirties and have held my current job for six years. I've never been unemployed for more than a few weeks. I take pride in my workmanship. I realize that I'm in the minority within my age range, and yes it pisses me off when I outperform others -- not because I'm doing my job and doing it well, but because there's no excuse for the willful stupidity that so many of my peers wallow in.

tl;dr: maybe you should stop generalising so broadly.
>>
>>657680
>le projecting meme

Literally the fedora argument equivalent of "LALALALALALALALALALA".
>>
>>657713
>le fedora meme
Literally the retarded argument equivalent of "nuh-uh, cuz i said so!"

Your turn, faggot.
>>
>>657292
>can't make a difference between get rich and get rich enough

>I'm rich enough to afford buying a candy
>so I'm rich
>>
>>656493
While I agree, there is an intense degree of satisfaction derived from working for one's self. Work is work, but when the work I do is of my own resources to improve myself, that's a reward in its own
>>
Maybe this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but it might help.

www.earlyretirementextreme.com
>>
>>657292
>start your own business
>50% you go belly up
>work for the rest of your life twice as hard as if you were an employee
>struggle constantly with stress to make ends meet
>all those liabilities

no thanks.
>>
>>656413
The hobo handbook
>>
>>663800
>not being content with what life has given you.

How do you sleep at night? pills?
>>
>>664069
We can't all be entitled pricks like you. Besides, there's this thing called "ambition" which is precisely 'not being content with what life has given' and provides the drive to change it.

What you're referring to, being content with life's offerings, is called "settling" and fuck that.
>>
Go the way of Patagonia man.
>>
File: 1435334164159~2.jpg (320KB, 622x1522px) Image search: [Google]
1435334164159~2.jpg
320KB, 622x1522px
http://binaryelysium.com/prose/sawyer.html
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.