[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it a retarded idea to go out in wilderness (mostly a forest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1446409428078.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1446409428078.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Is it a retarded idea to go out in wilderness (mostly a forest and lake area) for a few days? I'm currently stressed out by some stuff and want to go somewhere calm. I've been learning bushcraft for a few years on and off, so I think I will survive.

What do you want to remind me of? Are there any precautions? Also, how do I avoid getting robbed/assaulted while sleeping?
>>
If you want to destress, go to a lale with hella steak, a canoe, and some pot or beer.

Also, its winter, so pack for warmth. Its always colder than you think itll be.
>>
>>656382
No. Everyone here greatly exaggerates dangers while out to make their lives seem more exciting. You'll be fine.
>>
>Also, how do I avoid getting robbed/assaulted while sleeping?

You don't. It happens to everyone so just be mentally prepared. Or alternatively you could do the raping and robbing. Your choice
>>
>>656385
You underestimate how warm it is in the south East this year, spring already started here, temps won't drop below high of 65 until next fall
>>
>>656522
Probably won't drop below 85 until next winter or even ever. Global warming is kicking in big time and the gulf stream has changed permanently.
>>
>>656501
This
Prepare yourself by keeping lube and condoms next to your pillow.
>>
>>656405
>tfw hiking with directionally challenged retards who get "lost"
>>
>>657005

>directionally challenged retards

We call those things women, or bitches or hoes m8. No need to get all Shakespearian
>>
Not retarded at all. Going into the woods camping for a few days is how I destress too, it's really like a reset button for me.

Things to remember:

It gets colder at night than you expect. Dress warm, and be prepared for it.

It gets a little spooky at night alone. Bring a friend, or be prepared to be a little scared. It's also worth remembering it's pretty rare to have anything bad happen to you while camping. It's plenty safe. People looking to rob you don't roam the woods, they rob houses, cars, businesses. Why would someone roam the woods hoping to maybe find a guy with a tent and no money when they can roam the streets and find dozens of potential victims with more than a tent and a Stanley cook pot that they then have to carry for miles out of the woods.

You need a few things. Water, shelter, and food. A water filter like a sawyer, a tent, and some mountain house meals go a long way. That way you have all your needs taken care of, and everything else is for comfort.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.