[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im looking at getting a shotgun, I will be using it off ATVs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_20151218_064959.jpg (2MB, 1836x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151218_064959.jpg
2MB, 1836x1836px
Im looking at getting a shotgun, I will be using it off ATVs and out the sunroof of a truck culling rabbits in NZ.

Is 22" too short of a barrel and what us meant by "interchoke" Im not familiar with shotties I normally use .22lr but want to get them when they flush.
>>
>.22lr rifle
>scoped
>suppressed
>pile of bunnies
>that fence
I knew it had to be NZ the moment I saw that picture.

Also I have nothing to contribute to the thread, but have a free bump and a happy new year my fellow kiwifriend.
>>
>>656250
>>>/k/
>>
>>656270
>that fence
I know what you mean. There's a lot of idiots that cross slot the batten staples properly like this one has.

Happy New Year, Cuzzie.
>>
>>656250

hawks and owls should keep the long-eared vermin in check. farmers here leave some trees along the fence line and often a big oak out in the center of a field
>>
>>656283

They are too autistic.
>>
File: image.jpg (195KB, 470x926px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
195KB, 470x926px
>>656375
Not really, threads like these are usually responded to properly. There's also a lot of informative and useful stuff, just need to dig through the shitposts and memery
>>
File: shot_strings_choke_effect.jpg (54KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
shot_strings_choke_effect.jpg
54KB, 600x400px
>>656250
22 inches is fine, but for hunting get as long a barrel as you're comfortable with. You'll get better velocity.

Interchoke is just a choke system. Choke is the amount the barrel squeezes the shot to keep the pattern tight or let it open up. Choke runs from extra full (very tight pattern) to full to modified to cylinder (very wide pattern). Choke is a compromise between range and the accuracy necessary to take game.

As to bore, get a 12 gauge if you can shoot it comfortably. They have the greatest range of ammunition available and are generally more versatile. A 20 gauge will do most of what a 12 ga will, but not all.

I have two shotguns, a 12ga goose gun (long barrel, bolt action, full choke) and a Mossberg Ranger .410 with screw-on chokes. The .410 is fine for bunnies if they aren't too far out, but I wouldn't recommend it. I just hunt with it because it was Grandad's shotgun.
>>
>>656285
>that don't cross
>>
File: Snapchat-5058743049060731999.jpg (902KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-5058743049060731999.jpg
902KB, 1440x2560px
I got this Norinco Ithaca M37 clone for $290 this morning, it came with a set of 5 chokes. I think it will be ok for the limited amounts of time per year Ill be using a shottie.
>>
>>656380
There is currently a "what modern assualt rifle makes the best melee weapon"...
>>
>>656570
bullets dont last forever,also : sks
>>
>>656716

Sks is to short, nugget is only real choice.
>>
>>656569
Sweet, sweet bottom eject. Perfect shotty for lefties. Twin action bars, IIRC. Ya done good.
>>
>>656723
>>656716
>>>/k/
Also, an SKS isn't any kind of "modern," assault rifle or otherwise. Neither is a nugget. Both, however, are timeless.
>>
>>656773
Ave Nex Alea
>>
>>656570
whatever one is longest. duh
>>
>>656569
if you hold the trigger and pump the gun, it will fire as soon as the bolt goes into battery, and keep doing so for every pump
>>
>>657043
Not on the Norinco version.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.