[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Slingshot Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

Just ordered a Scout slingshot, does anyone else take their slingshots /out/?
>>
File: DSCN9651.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN9651.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I do but it breaks a lot.
>>
>>656190

You have to protect the rubber from the cold and from rapid re-heating.

I carry a number of spare bands anyway, despite these precautions, because I use flat bands with quite severe tapers to get the speed I want. Shortens the life length dramatically though.
>>
How different are slingshots? Does it just come down to comfort and material weight, or do things like the fork spread, tine direction and height affect accuracy?
>>
>>656193
I normally carry 2 trumark large bands and 2 tapered.
>>
>>656208
I own this one
>>656190
the one in OP's pic is 100 times better but accuracy really depends on what you shoot. A ball bearing will be more accurate than a rock.
>>
Sometimes I take my trumark with heavy bands out.

I bought a therband gold band to cut some tapered custom bands out of though. Going to print out a design and cut and shape the wood myself.
>>
Going to make a few out of PVC, and have them as slingshots/slingbows

Where's a good place to buy the circular tubing needed ?
>>
>>656340

Get theraband gold instead. Not only stronger but more durable. For a 15 dollar strip of theraband you could make like 20 sets of great bands.
>>
File: lunch.jpg (70KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
lunch.jpg
70KB, 540x960px
>>656187
I never leave home without it.

I've got a Flippinout scout too, which imo is about the best value for money on the market. Nathan really put in the R&D here, it's intuitive , and allows a shooter pretty much and grip style, band setup, and is durably made- it's the slingshot i send people to buy when they ask what to buy when they 1st want to get into shooting.

ammo wise, stick with steel, or lead BBs. I mainly shoot 9.5mm steel BBS which will drop pretty much anything with a headshot. I'll move up to some 2 ply 20->15 mm tapered theraband gold and homecast 12mm lead ammo for bunnies, but the 9.5mm steel does the job too
>>
>>656377
Circular tubing is more for ease of assembly,
I'm going to be making a hand full of cheap PVC slingshots /slingbows and the one I'm basing it off of has tubes

If /when i start making nice wooden handles il use flat bands but for now i think il stick to tubes just for easy assembly

The ones in going to make are going to be ugly beaters anyways
>>
File: ss1.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
ss1.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>656398
there are tradeoffs with elastic type.

tubular bands tend to be more resistant to abrasion ( in and out of pockets and bags etc) but have a higher draw weight- it's very VERY important to note that with slingshots a higher draw weight does not mean a better power output. thick tubular bands like the ones the Trumakrs come with hold a LOT more energy but this is only really worth while tapping if youre shooting incredibly heave (comedy level) ammo, upwards of 100g get on Google and look up the Chinese Dankung style tubes, far thinner and do the job

flat bands tend to be faster ( the rubber is thinner, and can contract faster) but need more care. I tend to use these on stuff I know I'm going to be taking out for a reason ( inc the Hayes Seal Sniper for plinking)
>>
>>656432
I'm going to be making a few shitty PVC slingshots to abuse I'm planning on tubular so I can attach it to cordage with a knot on it
>>
File: IMG_20151231_163850527.jpg (3MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151231_163850527.jpg
3MB, 4320x2432px
>>656443
Forgot pic
>>
can i get a recommendation on a cheap but good slingshot
>>
>>656482
My kid and I play with Daisy slingshots using marbles as ammo. They'll kill the shit out of a grackle and marbles fly flat and true. They aren't, however, great.
>>
What's the difference between over the top and through the fork shooting styles, what are the advantages of each?
>>
>>656887

>over the top

pretty much instinctive shooting no real point of aim ref

>through the fork

better if held sideways 'gangsta' style, it allows you to line up on the target using the bands themselves a point of ref, a bit like using an arrow to line up a shot from a bow
>>
>>656482
Somebody give this man an answer!
>>
>>656503
I need something like OPs pic, the wrist thing adds too much to it
>>
That looks like an old strap-on
>>
>>656482
flippinout scout.... it's been metioned before stop being a tight ass and buy one
>>
>>657213
Looked this guy up and like it. Then I found the baby linked below. I had one as a kid, probably got it 40 years ago. Mine was red. I'm so getting this for my son for his birthday. This and a bow. It's time he started archery, too.

>http://simple-shot.com/slingshots/whamo-repro-poly/
>>
>>657213
$40 is fine
your face is a tight ass
>>
>>657466
>>657213
hello shills!
>>
>>657475
>hey guys recommend me a good cheap slingshot
>ok anon get this one
>thanks

SHILLS SHILLS SHILLS AHHHHH THEY WANT US ALL TO SPEND 40 DOLLARS FOR A PLASTIC WISHBONE AHHHH
>>
>>657480
if I was shilling I'd be plugging that fat cunt Perry A+'s $65+ boardcut plywood frames, a $180 Jim Harris SPS, $90 on a Hays G10, $130 + Montie Gear or fuck knows how much money Snoddy Ti frame.

A guy has asked for an opinion of a reasonably priced, well made slingshot. An answer has been given. Just because you think $40 is over priced for a slingshot shows you know fuck all about them, and what the prices people regularly, and willingly pay for one.

I've given genuine feedback based on 5 years of regular hunting with a slingshot, the small green one was a bespoke piece, and to you lot works out at $30 ish. if you want a crappy, wrist rocket, keep on with your Trumarks if you want a well built, and developed tool then listen.

Either that or make your own.
>>
File: 1397845281999.jpg (28KB, 500x746px) Image search: [Google]
1397845281999.jpg
28KB, 500x746px
>>657500
>>
File: check em.jpg (22KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
check em.jpg
22KB, 472x472px
>>657480
>>
>>657932
YOU DUN GOOFED LAD
>>
>>656187
I tried one to have fun, but it is shit.
You can as well throw rock with your hand.
>>
>>658352
so just because you didn't master the skill in 15 minutes you're saying it's shit?
>>
>>658352
https://youtu.be/Q9KYW7GFRTY
>>
>>658362
https://youtu.be/tLxnNP-ycVQ
>>
wrist rockets are cool as all hell with bearings or glass marbles.
Mine is broken, dry rot in the tubing. Hopefully getting more next week. Can't ship to Massachusetts. Illegal to sell or manufacture BUT ironically due to a typo in Mass General Laws they are not illegal to own.Slung shots on the other hand are illegal to own in Mass.

A slungshot is a maritime tool consisting of a weight, or "shot," affixed to the end of a long cord often by being wound into the center of a knot called a "monkey's fist."
>>
>>656187
>taking slingshot /out/
For the sake of conversation, where else would you take it? The bathroom?
>>
>>658755

fellow masshole here brother.

You can find certain tubings on amazon that allow shipment to mass. You can also ship ball bearings to mass so long as it says "bicycle ball bearings" and not ammunition.

Also I frequently take a slungbow with me when out running for defense against dogs. Just use a cow hitch to secure some rope to a padlock. Easily disassembled to comply with law.

It's legal to walk around with rope and padlocks in mass, tie them together and you're a criminal. You can own ball bearings for bikes but no other purpose apparently. LOL massachusetts logic. Gotta love it
>>
>>660091
>taking slingshot /out/
>For the sake of conversation, where else would you take it? The bathroom?
I think you misspelled bedroom.
>mah buttplug has a string in case I lose it up in there

>>658755
Go to hospital, talk nice to lab person, get a couple of disposable tourniquets.
>>
>>657160
Forgot to reply to this before, sorry. Ours don't have the wrist straps.
>>
They're illegal in my country, so no.
>>
>>656444
You'll lose an eye with that thing bud
>>
>>660107
Yeah, I know there are ways around it but they take effort. I'd rather drive up to Maine which I'll be doing sometime over the next few weeks. Cabela's in Scarborough
Kittery Trading Post
maybe LL Bean in Freeport
general road trip without a true destination kind of day.
>>
>>661225
Seriously? A forked stick and an elastic band are illegal?
Gotta be England
>>
>>661610
fuck off

illegal is straya
>>
>>656482
My Marksman slingshot isn't too bad, and it cost like 15 bucks.
>>
>>658362
this guy is craazy
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.