[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have been interested in this film for a while but some anon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 22

File: MGTOW bait film.jpg (168KB, 875x824px) Image search: [Google]
MGTOW bait film.jpg
168KB, 875x824px
I have been interested in this film for a while but some anon here alluded to it painting men as rapey.
I am pretty anti feminism and feel that actual rape is pretty rare.
Will this film make me angry?
>>
>>654242
There's like one scene where two hunters act rapey, that's it. Rape hapens more often than you think it does.
>>
>>654242
>I am pretty anti feminism and feel that actual rape is pretty rare.
wtf

also it's just a bad movie, go see Into the Wild, it's pretty much the exact same movie except it's good
>>
>>654242
>Will this film make me angry?
Yes. She's portrayed as a stupid slut.
>>
>>654242
>actual rape is pretty rare
I'm sensing you grew up in a decently middle class area where you gained no perspective about the world.
>>
>>654254
I am sensing that you actually grew up middle class and fear poor people and think they are morally inferior to yourself.
This "one in five women have been raped" meme is a pure feminist fabrication.
Most people are not criminals and there are not enough criminals to do that much raping.
>>
Buyers remorse = Rape
Consent can be taken away after the act.
>>
>>654255

You aren't thinking clearly enough. Attempted rape, and rapey, scary situations happen all the time. Not just against women.
>>
>>654275
>scary situations happen all the time

This is what feminists really mean when they cry rape.

Women have a heightened sense of fear and want it to be validated.
"oh my god that guy is creepy looking and looked at my boobs...raaaaaaaaaaape!!1!!!!!"
>>
>>654277

> when they cry rape.

Again, you are not thinking clearly. The scene was described as rapey.
>>
>>654264
>Consent can be taken away after the act.
But only if you're female.

Also men can't be raped.
>>
File: nyc_foot_massage_public-3_tmb.jpg (23KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
nyc_foot_massage_public-3_tmb.jpg
23KB, 320x240px
>>654281
Oh sorry, you are correct, I meant to type "ATTEMPTED RAAAAAAAPE!!1!!!!!!!!!!"
>>
>>654250
i liked the movie, especially how it portrays the thought process and awareness while being alone for several days hiking through nature. Watch it again and pay attention to the sound, it's great, the breathing, the clinging of stuff in the backpack, how loud the sound is from an object that falls when you are in an exhausted trance like state hiking up a mountain, the exhaustment that numbs all other sounds, the repeating thoughts and the only three words of a song stuck in your head that play over and over and over, the excitement of mundane stuff, the frustration when stuff goes wrong, and how you shout it out cause you can and you're alone...
>>
File: elbaitshop_logo_2color_sm1.jpg (56KB, 200x117px) Image search: [Google]
elbaitshop_logo_2color_sm1.jpg
56KB, 200x117px
I see the bait is very fresh on /out/ today.
>>
>>654242
>I am pretty anti feminism and feel that actual rape is pretty rare.
If you're retarded and reactionary enough to actually say something that stupid then yes, it probably will make you angry, because the modern world probably makes you angry.
>>
>>654254
It's not really a middle class thing, it's more of a Western belief because our Western culture absolutely condemns raping so it doesn't happen here as much. Eastern cultures like that of South Asia or the Middle East don't mind to much about rape therefore its much much much more prevalent there.
>>
>not compressing her sleeping bag properly
>all that shit hanging off the sides
>that shitty weight distribution

2/10 would not hike with
>>
File: 1429320697398.jpg (35KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
1429320697398.jpg
35KB, 460x460px
>>654277
>>
>>654242

There's one scene in particular that looks exactly like something that some dumb middle-class city bitch would write if she was fabricating a story involving "duh ebil hunters".

The rest of it was pretty mediocre overall but had some nice scenery.
>>
>>654283

Also women aren't responsible for the sexual decisions they make if they're drunk and are incapable of consent because they're technically not adults anymore.
>>
Thanks for saving me time.. downloaded the torrent.. didnt watch it... deleted it.
Think, I was going to watch this with the wifey.
fuck that shiii.
>>
>>654246
>Rape hapens more often than you think it does.
wait. is that a threat?
>>
>>654590
Someone disagreed with me on the internet!!!! RAPE CULTURE!!!
>>
File: 1442012753920.png (525KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1442012753920.png
525KB, 640x480px
There are feminists who insist that all heterosexual sex is rape.
>>
>>654242

If you're anti feminist watch it for sure. My gf was having feminist tones with me when we started this movie. She changed her tone real quick when she saw Reese witherspoon getting plowed in a back alley by two Chads while Simon and Garfunkel plays melodiously in the background.

10/10 would watch again the whole move is a giant laff at city whores.
>>
File: 1.png (329KB, 602x461px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
329KB, 602x461px
>>654759
What is it about being in the city that makes women such whore?
In the smaller towns they are pretty prudey
>>
i get the feeling most people who post on out will have a heart attack at her backpack
>>
>>654778

They can lie about their promiscuity in the city whereas in a small town nobody wants used goods and word gets around quick
>>
>>654755
Those are not feminists. They're just fucking idiots.
>>
>>654807
Those are the ones with PHDs in womens studies and the ones writing all the cutting edge feminist books.
These are the leaders of the movement not some fringe element.
>>
>>654809

Show me.
>>
>>654813
Well it started with Andrea Dworkin and her book "Intercourse" which I was made to read in college. That work is cited constantly in subsequent feminist papers. So if your interested , you can start there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_Dworkin
>>
File: Cheryl_and_Josh_2-680.jpg (66KB, 680x483px) Image search: [Google]
Cheryl_and_Josh_2-680.jpg
66KB, 680x483px
>>654795
yeah and it's not even exaggerated for the film
>>
>>654819
Sounds like a rough course, what exactly were you studying?

I really wouldn't say something directly labeled as "radical" was anything other than a fringe element though, shit some casual searching has revealed that a majority like to either cherry pick quotes from her, haven't heard of her - Because she's batshit - or just plain don't like her.

I'm sorry that book upset you. But I feel provoking some kind of response to it may have been the point.
>>
>>654826

christ...
>>
>>654795
>>654826
That's sort of the point though, she was really inexperienced when she started the trip.
>>
>beta orbiter with no knowledge of statistics detected
>>
>>654852
Who are you addressing?
Are you talking about mathematical knowledge of statistics or the specific statistics regarding rape ?
>>
>>654343
>>654852
oops, forgot to link
>>
>>654842
The picture was taken in Oregon, somewhere 2/3ds up the whole trail. After hiking and camping out on all sorts of terrain for roughly 1800 miles you are not inexperienced. I wonder what the deal was with the pack, any book readers can elaborate maybe? Or any 90's through hikers? Maybe having a pack like that was just a 90's meme or something, i don't know
>>
>>654861
That's a Gregory Evolution, it was a pretty common pack for the time that was a cheaper and heavier than an internal frame pack but was still functional. She also had a pretty heavy fill synthetic bag and those tend not to compress very well.

She didn't really have the latest, greatest, most expensive gear even for the 90s.

I also think it's sad and funny that /out/ shits all over this book/movie because it's someone going /out/, un-fucking her life and becoming a better person.
>>
>>654871
>and becoming a better person.

And accusing innocent people of being rapey and getting double teamed by chads
>>
>>654880
Stay bitter, anon. Stay bitter.
>>
>>654871
i'm the guy you replied to, i also posted >>654306 and i can relate on a certain level to the main character. I also don't get the hate for the movie. I am just curious about why she carries so much stuff. OK, the pack is large and heavy, but what is inside it? And what is strapped to the outside? From the picture i assume her sleeping bag is in the drybag strapped on the bottom of her pack, it looks big yeah but it's not even in the pack. I'm also a bit of a poorfag and use a heavy synthetic fill second hand army bag that is oversized for me and i'm 1.95m. When i go on a 5 day winter trek i carry WAY less stuff, and again, i'm 1.95m, i eat a lot...

I'm not bitching at her, i just wanna know what drives a person to carry so much shit for 2600 miles
>>
>>654807
So feminists.
>>
File: superlativelaugh.jpg (332KB, 517x768px) Image search: [Google]
superlativelaugh.jpg
332KB, 517x768px
>>654819
>Her father was the grandson of a Russian Jew who fled Russia when he was 15 years old in order to escape military service and her mother was the child of Jewish emigrants from Hungary
>Though she described her Jewish household as being in many ways dominated by the memory of the Holocaust
Every fucking time.
>>
File: 17.jpg (154KB, 520x392px) Image search: [Google]
17.jpg
154KB, 520x392px
>>654900
>>654900
>>654900
I will indeed.
I will also stay single and encourage my peers to do the same.
Monogamy is a horrible deal for the male right now and only a fool would marry under these conditions.
So yes, I am bitter and will stay that way.
>>
>>654913
Good, the rest of the world doesn't give a shit about you and won't miss you when your sad, pointless life comes to an end.
>>
>>654242

I've flapped to this movie.
>>
File: 4182B6GRD7L.jpg (20KB, 300x298px) Image search: [Google]
4182B6GRD7L.jpg
20KB, 300x298px
>>654922
Oh but the world does care, you see I am far from alone.
Men not marrying is becoming a huge problem.
Just a few percentage points and quality of life changes drastically for women.
Many are already complaining of the "man shortage".
Just wait ten years and see who is not being missed...
>>
>>654944
I know you're probably just shit posting, but I really pity guys who think this way.

They're so afraid of being hurt that that they choose to be miserable rather than taking a chance at happiness.
>>
>>654908
1. Gear in the 90s, especially cheaper gear, was a lot heavier and more bulky. Ultralight hadn't yet become a trend.

2. She made the classic rookie mistake of over-buying. She bought a fuck-huge pack and filled it with everything she thought she'd need.

3. She actually did drop a lot of gear weight along the trail, but she didn't replace her bigger items like the pack, bag and tent.
>>
File: Andrea-Dworkin.jpg (46KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Andrea-Dworkin.jpg
46KB, 800x450px
>>654819
>Andrea Dworkin
Just to people know the face beyond the paper.
>>
File: MGTOW cathedral.jpg (82KB, 644x431px) Image search: [Google]
MGTOW cathedral.jpg
82KB, 644x431px
>>654948
See thats just the thing. Most men are less happy in a long term monogamous relationship.
This fact baffles women so much that they refuse to accept it.
>>
Not sure why you want this thread to be about feminism so much. The movie is decent: washed up whore goes to find herself on PCT, becomes more experienced, imagines guys she meets are rapey at one point - or maybe they are not sure, and there's some good scenery.
>>
>>654981
Ok, that is a good enough review.
I will check it out if its on amazon prime
>>
>>654948
Not the anon your post is directed at, but I feel the same way. If I take a woman out, have a good time and we end up having sex, then a week later she decides that because I haven't called her back, it must have been rape, I risk going to prison because she can't stand the thought of being rejected. Yes, I'd rather be single.
>>
>>654964
You just ruined my breakfast anon :(
>>
>>654964

>this is what a feminist looks like.
>>
File: Lady Elaine.jpg (14KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Lady Elaine.jpg
14KB, 300x225px
>>654242
Is there byoobs and vagoo in this movie film?
>>
>>654964
Who's that guy?
>>
File: feminist uke player.jpg (72KB, 475x689px) Image search: [Google]
feminist uke player.jpg
72KB, 475x689px
>>654964
His name is Tiny Tim and he was an amazing singer songwriter and performer who played often on the late show with Johnny Carson.
He was loved by millions and was not one bit gay
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-29-22-42-13.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-29-22-42-13.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>way better
>>
>>654978
Also MGTOW here. Preach it, mgbro.
>>655532
Yes but meh.
>>
I have seen just about every /out/ related movie ever made. I liked Wild. You should see it. If you seriously can't even watch a movie because it triggers you, then you probably need to reevaluate yourself because your thoughts and judgments are warped.
>>
>>656058
>White males will not be missed
If white males went on strike , they would be missed.
>>
>>656060
Yes movies with overt feminist messages trigger me.
>>
File: dusy.jpg (303KB, 1050x788px) Image search: [Google]
dusy.jpg
303KB, 1050x788px
>>654242
>Will this film make me angry?
It made me angry when she shit in the middle of the trail and did not bury her poop
It made me angry when she littered, twice

Fuck this movie and the book it came from
>>
>>656065
Protip: just because you're a white male doesn't automatically make you valuable. You're still a loser who has contributed and accomplished nothing.
>>
Here's the gist of this movie.

A hopeless, penniless, drugged out slut decides "Holy shit, I need to get my life out of the toilet!"

So she decides to hike the PCT, makes a bunch of rookie mistakes, a couple hunters make sleazy passes at her but every other guy she meets is pretty cool, she gets her shit together and moves on with her life.

If that triggers you, I guess you'd better just watch Master and Commander again.
>>
>>657908
Being a white male also does not mean you are starting life with some karmic debt either.
This whole white guilt thing is garbage.
>>
>>654242
It's not really unrealistic in its portrayal of the risk of rape. Not all males in the movie are rapists. Some are cool, some are shitty, and some are in between. Like in real life. Good movie.
>>
>>657919
Exactly, white men are no more or less special than anyone else.
>>
>>657950
In fact the majority of men in the movie are portrayed in a positive, helpful light.
>>
>>654944
I honestly give absolutely nothing even resembling a fuck, but it sounds like you've given up and are justifying it by cooking up this half baked theory.
>>
>>657952
Not to start out , no , no more special than anyone else.
But lets face it , most of the world accomplishments are made by white men.
Between whites and asians
>>
>>657976
You are not a special snowflake just because you're s white guy.
>>
>>657987
I did not say that, but I am statistically more likely to have a high IQ and be successful.
>>
>>657990
>I didn't say that I'm special because I'm white, but I totally am.
>>
>>657997
I am not special because I am white but I am more likely to be special in the future.
Subtle distinction , perhaps it is lost on you.
>>
>>657999
No, it's not list on me. I know exactly what you're saying, you're saying that you've achieved nothing so you cling to the hope that something you had no control or choice over will eventually make you important.

It's easier than actually working hard to make something.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-02-22-27-33.png (352KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-02-22-27-33.png
352KB, 1280x800px
>>655705
This desu
>>
>>658050
Tbh
>>
>a movie about a mentally ill rich kid dying from his own stupidity
>>
File: into-the-wild.jpg (853KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
into-the-wild.jpg
853KB, 1680x1050px
>>654242
you know that movie is a rip off of a film based on a book telling a true story?

pic related, it's waay better
>>
>>658143
So a movie based on a book telling a true story is a rip off of a movie based on a book telling a true story?

Does that mean Robert Redford's "A Walk in the Woods" based on the book telling a true story is a rip off of a rip off of a movie based on a book telling a true story?
>>
>>658235
yes
>>
>>658256
>we need to go deeper
>>
>>657915
>If that triggers you, I guess you'd better just watch Master and Commander again.

goat film.
>>
Movie was meh, I'm just not a fan of hiking/mountaineering/outdoors movies that aren't documentaries or the occasional docu-drama. I didn't feel immersed in the character and any hardship she may have felt on the trail just looked like superficial hollywood broadstroking.
>>
>>654242
The scenes to a good job (cinematically) of illustrating the female main character's thought process when around strange men, no matter how much of a crazy feminist she actually is, that's how she thought. It's fine.

>>654246
>Rape hapens (sic) more often than you think it does.
Yeah, to men. The majority of rapes in the US occur in prisons, particularly between two or more AA men.
>>
>>654913
You can blame blokes for the way the legal system is set up to favour women. Stay ignorant.
>>
File: 00l0l_c0E6Jg3lmMZ_600x450.jpg (34KB, 600x213px) Image search: [Google]
00l0l_c0E6Jg3lmMZ_600x450.jpg
34KB, 600x213px
>>658608
i dont care who is to blame.
>>
If I was a girl, I would absolutely not go anywhere on this planet without a firearm not even to the bathroom within my own house. As a man however, I walk through the ghetto at 2 a.m. and I dont even care.
>>
>>654373
I haven't seen the film, but in the book she says she had no idea what she was doing at the start. That would explain that.
>>
>>654255
I don't think you are existing in reality anon. Sexual assault is a serious issue, and one that needs to be addressed. It happens to both men and women.
>>
Funnily enough I rented the movie yesterday - after I couldnt download it.

The movie is visually appealing in setting and with use of brief flashbacks.

I watched the DVD special features and Reese actually did the movie without makeup which is pretty cool.

I liked the movie and dont really know why some anons go on the defensive about Reese interacting with people who could be lower class uneducated hicks - they went hunting with bows and beer bringing no water and had no qualms over drinking essentially dirty water.
>>
>>654978
that's true.
freedom is gone bitches bitch about everything you do or don't do.
i think the pros and cons are just about equal
so if a girl wants to stay with me i let her if she wants to go i let her.
no marriage no kids.
>>
>>658143
i'm trying to watch this movie.
but it fucking sucks.
i love outdoors shows but they made a grave mistake in doing this.
>>
I am going to ignore your entry level /r9k/ tier b8 and just answer your question.

Yes the film will probably make you angry, but not for the reasons you mention. Half the movie chronicles here life before the hike, and she was kind of an awful person. Gets hooked on heroin and cheats on her husband a fuck ton, gets a pregnancy scare and has no clue who the dad is, etc. She is also an inexperienced hiker and does a lot of stupid shit in general while out on the trail.

As for painting guys as "rapey" there is literally one scene where she meets these two hunters, who come of as sketch as fuck. Later on one of them sneaks up on her while she's taking a break, and starts acting even creepier, and also hells her she has a nice ass (which makes he uncomfortable, given the fact that she is alone, and he is armed, rendering her completely helpless should he try to do anything). His buddy calls him back over, and she promptly nopes the fuck out of there once he's gone. That's basically it.

Now, apart from all the stuff about her, the movie is actually really nice. There's a really good general aesthetic, and lots of great scenes. Basically, you'll hate the main character, but love the movie. Kind of like into the wild.
>>
>>660665
thanks for the unbiased review
>>
>>660665
well into the wilds suck diarrhetic ass, so if this is even worse i'm not gonna watch it for sure.
>>
>>658681
Seriously though
>>
>>654242
r9k please go, most of us here grew out of getting triggered by any left leaning media.
>>
>>662462
>grew out of getting triggered by any left leaning media

And in doing so you sacrificed your manhood
>>
>>662468
I can disagree with something without going into an autistic fit.
>>
>>654242
The truly weird thing was all the near-rapes and spooky sexual situations where they kept throwing her into scenarios where she could be gang raped, especially with the 3 guys in the tents. No scene with her and other males felt normal.

It added some drama yes, but it made it seem like as a woman, you literally can't go anywhere alone.

When she went with that Park Ranger, and he subtley flirted with her and then threatened her, but she got last second saved, then she meets these male campers and they kinda eyeball her down though in the end they are sweet and helpful and then the 3 college guys and of course 2 rednecks who were close to raping her.

When she meets a cute guy she is very open to his sexual advances and doesn't consider it rape.

It felt like the movie was saying that the entire planet wants to have sex with you but try to be strong and wait for a guy you like and you'll be okay in the end or something. You gotta fuck. Fuck the right people, keep that pussy filled with good penises. lol

>>654255
I can tell when people can't b empathetic. You need to think about what it would literally be like being 5'3" and have lower muscles than any guy. If you were alone you would just have your wits and maybe a weapon to keep you safe. If a guy jumped on you with heavy pack you'd be screwed, if he can disarm you, its rapetown USA. Sure you never have felt that weird rape feel but it does happen, the feeling happens monthly as a woman, rapes maybe never but you always have to be safe.

>>654759
I think the movie was saying she was a total nymphomaniac who used the outdoors to cleanse her evil ways through suffering and solitude and that her choosing a good man to have sex with was HER choice finally made of volition and not because of wanting to cover up pain or please a man.

If I took a trip like this I would hope to finally break free of my parents weird bohemian programming and try to become a man so I can relate to her struggle on a primal level.
>>
File: 1449193015791.jpg (54KB, 600x631px) Image search: [Google]
1449193015791.jpg
54KB, 600x631px
>>654242
>>654242
>I have been interested in this film for a while
why? it was shit desu senpai
>>
>>662468
Raging over media is not really manly
>>
>>662468
The irony of posting atheism stuff. Confirmed for stereotypical autist.
>>
>>657915
This is a very accurate description of the movie.
>>
>>658143
I don't think it bothers me that he makes a bunch of stupid mistakes and gets himself killed, what bothers me to know end is is fucking self righteous attitude about it all. There is nothing wrong with wanting to step back from society and live innawoods. If you can pull it off, go for it. But the fact that he would go on these fucking tangents about how fucked society was just made him a pretentious little prick.

So many cool things in life are ruined by edgy teens who try to make everything a huge "statement".
>>
File: 1361930802558.png (162KB, 313x313px) Image search: [Google]
1361930802558.png
162KB, 313x313px
>>662488
>especially with the 3 guys in the tents.
The three buddies she hung out with, with no problems, or even a hint of a problem?
Did we watch the same fucking movie?

If anything, they're purposefully there to quell little whiners like OP, after the scene with the creepy guys. (Who aren't even shown to be hikers, or anything but retards.)

>When she meets a cute guy she is very open to his sexual advances and doesn't consider it rape
You don't see a difference between repeated unwanted sexual advances in a place where a woman is pretty much at your mercy, and reciprocated advances in a public setting with witnesses and help around?
One feels safe and unwanted. One feels safe and wanted.

>It felt like the movie was saying that the entire planet wants to have sex with you but try to be strong and wait for a guy you like and you'll be okay in the end or something.
Here I am thinking this movie was saying 'not all men' by showing three pretty distinct and different kind of dudes (Lumping the 3 hikers together).
It's pretty fucking balanced.

The rest of your post is solid, though.
>>
>>663014
He was at least bi-polar and probably schizophrenic, he couldn't really help going on weird rants.
>>
>>663130
Doesn't mean he wasn't an edgy faggot
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.