[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a modern guide to being homeless? I'd imagine its

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: traveling.jpg (378KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
traveling.jpg
378KB, 800x532px
Is there a modern guide to being homeless? I'd imagine its a lot easier now with advancements in technology and new resources like gps and various apps. Had would a person go about traveling safely back and forth across the US?
>>
>how
>>
Check out the van dwelling culture/community
>>
>>653965

I'm more interested in know about on foot travel.
Is it dangerous what safety precautions can be taken? would it be good to find a safe place to sleep during the day and travel during the night?
>>
Homeless off and on 7 years ama
>>653969
Depends. I did that on Maui would recommend California.
>>
>>653971
*Wouldn't
>>
>>653969

If you want to travel probably hitchhiking is the easiest way to get from A to B. I dobt anyone would pick you up at night.

It's pretty easy to do in Australia, it's a way of life for some people who travel between farms following the seasonal fruit and vegetable picking work. A lot of farms have campgrounds.

But the states are kinda scary to be honest man, way too many homeless just bumming around over there from what I saw over there. Seems kinda dangerous.
>>
File: IMAG0582.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0582.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
>>653969
get a dog, erase all danger
play music, open all doors
stay in good weather
sleep where people can't see you
there you go have fun
>>
>>653977
im in aus
any reference for this ?
>>
>>653982
a dog is a good idea. Get one that is somewhat non-threatening and not too big but can and will bite to protect you.
Beggars with dogs are far more likely to get spare change than those without.
You will however have to share this income with your canine pal to keep him fed and healthy, so better take a breed that's not inbreed beyond reason and susceptible to all sorts of inherited diseases
>>
>>653969
find a shelter if you're in the city. duh..
>>
Get a bike, walking is hell when you're homeless (with all you stuff on your back.)
>>
>>654867
Wouldn't a car or house be better instead of pedaling all your stuff around?
>>
>>655009
Only if you have a job to afford it, but then you'd have to have a house to sleep at and a car to commute with, so you'd be a wageslave, which correct me if I'm wrong, but that was what OP was trying to avoid.
>>
>How would a person go about traveling safely back and forth across the US?

Look into air travel, that's the best after driving, but driving your own car is best. Gas is cheap. Go anywhere etc. Buses are OK, trains are bad. Definitely get a car or fly. If you fly then just rent a car at the airport
>>
>>653943
Just work and take care of yourself, okay anon?
>>
File: index.jpg (7KB, 263x191px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 263x191px
>>653943
There is a guide, here is one. Not sure how good it is.
https://filetea.me/t1sWe6nRk97TnCVx6bmgCMpYA
>>
>>655143
bikes technically don't require a license, just don't bike and drink man, also carrying a gun and USING said gun for hunting/foraging is asking for prison sentences. Bear mace/regular mace and a heft stick on the other hand...
>>
>is there a modern guide for failure

Yes. It's called not getting a job and acting like a nigger
>>
there is A LOT of literature out there.

the best way to be homeless is to trust in God.

i believe to have come upon a pretty resourceful book recently. i believe it was called "modern nomad"
>>
>>656149
>van dwelling culture/community
this is true, and absolutely absurd
>>
>>656535
>the best way to be homeless is to trust in God.

Pretty much. What is a GPS or apps going to do for you vagabonding through the US?

You navigate by highways like they're rivers, you look at the sun and known features and, you know, highway N/S E/W signs to tell direction, you ask people directions. Knowing you're 15 miles out of town is less important than knowing which way town is and having the wherewithal and, yeah, some kind of faith in something to keep walking until you get there.

Really the main thing technology advances do is make research and staying in touch with people easier.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.