[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Good Camping food Bonus Points for homemade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 41

File: image.jpg (230KB, 1071x2128px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
230KB, 1071x2128px
ITT: Good Camping food

Bonus Points for homemade
>>
File: image.jpg (767KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
767KB, 3264x2448px
Homemade venison jerky.
>>
/r/ing that info graphic where the guy makes those protein bars
>>
File: img_1960.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img_1960.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
This is all you need or even want
>>
>>653254

I usually bring home made jerky, or home made trail mix bars.
>>
File: 2550.jpg (55KB, 389x500px) Image search: [Google]
2550.jpg
55KB, 389x500px
>~130 calories to an ounce
>can eat it straight while hiking
>cheap as fuck
>can also just use it like you're supposed to and make hot chocolate
>>
>>653265

Unless you know how to harvest tobacco plants, chew doesn't seem worth it. Your ability to bug out for a long period of time would depend on how long your stash of tobacco lasts.
>>
File: 0001313000612-500x500.jpg (64KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
0001313000612-500x500.jpg
64KB, 500x500px
>>653254
OP i'll see your old fashioned oats (just had those for dinner tonight in fact!) and raise you a box of cream of wheat. it keeps for a very long time, is a lot easier to make than hard tack, tastes a lot better, and also is more nutritious.
>>
Powder milk and honey along with some already mentioned stuff
>>
>>653254
I just got "recipes for adventure" with my dehydrator for Christmas. So excited to try some of this stuff, not the least of which is pumpkin pie bark. Supposedly, you can just eat is like chips or rehydrate it to make crustless pumpkin pie. This would be the perfect end to "thanksgiving in a bag", which is dried chicken, mashed potato mix and instant stuffing mixed together.
>>
File: Canadie.jpg (1MB, 2408x1806px) Image search: [Google]
Canadie.jpg
1MB, 2408x1806px
>>653254 (OP)
ALLLLLL Right! WHO, craped in my geocache??
,, Comon! Fess Up!,
,,,,,? Well?, wheres your Honesty?, think of your Soul?,,
, let me tell you a story of GeorgeWashington,, he cut down his fathers best Cherry tree, and when his father asked, "who cut down my tree?",, George told the Truth!,,, and became the leader of the world.
, i ask you again,, WHO craped in my Geocach??
"i did, it was a mistake. im so sorry."
,,,,, >>>>FACE PUNCH!!!
"OOooch! THAT HURT!, what about honesty?"
,did Georges Father think it was Fudge? and take a BIG BITE?? DIDHE!!,, DIIIIIIDHE??!
>>
>>653348
I got that baselayer set for christmas as well.

*tips stretch hat*
>>
>>653348
Are the baggies on the right side variety packs of marijuana? It looks like different strains in individually labeled dubs.

>Greatest Christmas present ever!
>>
>>653310
is that hardtack? will it kill your teeth?
>>
>>653348
>weed christmas presents
kek you have a nice grandma
>>
>>653266
Weren't those debunked by the folks trying them out for themselves as a horrible idea like most other /out/ infographics?
>>
>>653315
Is that just porridge for black people?
>>
>>653401
For you
>>
>>653407
probably
>>
File: 101_4922.jpg (333KB, 778x1037px) Image search: [Google]
101_4922.jpg
333KB, 778x1037px
This is my favorite camping food.
>>
File: 755a.jpg (53KB, 215x300px) Image search: [Google]
755a.jpg
53KB, 215x300px
>>653438

If you look at their old ads it seems to be targeting white people.
>>
File: 1434597757998.jpg (28KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1434597757998.jpg
28KB, 499x499px
>>653348
>drugs
>retarded way of writting
>>
>>653380

Definitely
>>
File: couscous_1.jpg (46KB, 255x191px) Image search: [Google]
couscous_1.jpg
46KB, 255x191px
>boil water
>pour in
>Let sit covered for five minutes
>done
>>
I have a dehydrator but I need to know

>good recipes
>what things I can get cheaply to dehydrate
>what I can actually make that will be light enough to carry
>>
>>653312
>supporting nestle
>>
>>653570
Apples dehydrate well. Watermelon dehydrates and makes what is basically candy. If you have temp control and can get over 165 degrees, you can make things like slim jims, but better.

>>653254
Homemade fermented hard sausages. Look around at sausagemaking websites for recipes that look good and try it, it's simple.
>>
>>653570
Dried apples. If you can get decent apples for $1 a pound
>>
>>653575
>apples for $1 a pound

>pick up the expensive apples at the grocery store
>check the code for the cheap shitty apples
>go to self checkout

Homemade trail mix bars for me
>>
>>653254
I just throw this and some golden brown sugar into ziplocks. works well.
>>
it is worth it to make jerky (what are some cheap cuts I could get for this) or just carry peanut butter?
>>
>>653757
Jerky costs about $43587.00 per pound to make, but it's tasty. Use a London broil, slice short-grained to make it more breakable, long-grained to make it more chewy. Whatever you use, get rid of all the external fat before you start.
>>
>>653757
Cheapest cut of beef is heart, at about $1.30/lb. Its extremely lean, so the jerky will be a little tougher, but last a lot longer, too.
>>
>>653761
>Cheapest cut of beef is also the most disgusting cut available
makes perfect ¢ m8
>>
>>653765
Not if you know how to prepare it. Heart is great in stews, particularly when canned, because it doesn't fall apart like other cuts. You do need to soak it to pull off the extra blood, but I've had it as a steak too, and it isn't bad.

The question wasn't what is the best cut, it was what's the cheapest.
>>
>>653765
>heart
>disgusting
Found the manchild who eats nothing but tendies and KD.
>>
File: 1404763029662.png (27KB, 691x627px) Image search: [Google]
1404763029662.png
27KB, 691x627px
>>653798
how do you know I'm not a childchild? also wtf is tendies and KD
>>
>>653806
Chicken tenders/nuggets. No idea what KD is.
>>
>>653265
> posting the jew chew
No one thinks you're cool by posting your irrelevant cancer gum.
>>
Pizza

>aluminum foil
>some pepperoni
>some sauce
>some bread

wrap that shit up and throw it in the embers.
>>
>>653254
pee
>>
>>653400
Just like lifting kills your muscles
>>
>>653348
Bacon rider pls go back to your containment board.

Or at least type normal you autistic fuck
>>
>>653860
Kraft Dinner, guy.
>>
>>653570
Just got one myself, so far only tried apples and bananas- apples were OK, but bananas were much, much sweater than I expected. They were almost kind of caramel-y in flavor. Also bananas are dirt cheap and easy to slice; I imagine you could even mash then then mold them into uniform wafers for optimal drying.
>>
>>653637
Be sure to add just a touch of salt to that. Makes it taste way better.
>>
>>653254
Freezer bags: add instant rice or potatoes, grind some jerky, add some freeze dried vegetables (bonus for wasabi peas cause you're not a pussy), salt and pepper.
Add hot water, give it 5 mins, eat
>>
>>653985
Have you made hardtack yet?
>>
>>654002
will try. thanks.

I also take those sidekicks fettucini alfredos in ziplocks with some margarine added and a little extra Parmesan. that works well for dinner time.
>>
>>654570
I have never eaten/encountered hardtack in real life, and I have no plans on doing so either. I do plan on drying some vegetables then grinding them up to make 'spices' though.
>>
This thread just reminded me how much i want a dehydrator, well, i guess i know what im putting my christmas money towards...

I just found dehydrated coconut milk at my asian grocers, you can use it to make coconut milk or coconut cream, im sure it has some sort of /out/ cooking application, it comes in either a big bag, or a box with 3 single serve sachets in it.

I was thinking of combining it with some agar agar ($1.50 AUD from the same store) and some sugar with the required amount of water for some sort of coconut jelly pudding thing...maybe add some coffee for a kinda cocochino jelly? Im still working out the kinks...

Oats are goat, 2 and 3/4 parts fine ground quick oats to 2 parts powdered milk to 3/4 part sugar. Just add water and cook for creamy delicious oatmeal.

You can get some pretty funky pasta thats realy tiny, little donuts (think uncooked spagetios) or little stars, that shit cooks in like 2-3 mins in boiling water, or just throw it in whatever soupy mess your cooking and let it absorb all that flavour while also thickening your meal.

Back in scouts it wasnt a hike unless you had scroggin, (i think its called gorp or trail mix as well) throw whatever the fuck you want into a bag, m&ms, nuts, dried fruit, breakfast cereals, broken up biscuits or crackers, smashed chocolate bars, yoghurt chips, literally raid your cupboards and throw all the tasty snacks you find in a big ziplock bag, just snack on it as you walk.

Chicken stock cubes are pretty good for making base level broths, or adding extra flavour to rice, cous cous, just makes trail food better imo, plus super easy to carry.

Tea is awesome while out, stopping on the side of a trail to brew up a cup on a cold morning, then kicking back and watching nature is one of my favourite feels.
>>
>>654587
Sounds like you are making vegetable hardtack. Yummy!
>>
>>653314
This is a camping thread. Not a big out thread. Nowhere did he say he was bugging out.
>>
>>654893
Every big out thread I see the tards don't even have a tent. They will die of exposure before they run out of chew. Anyhoo let's get back to glamping
>>
I don't see why fat isn't recommended more for main source of calories.
860g of coconut oil is 7,450 calories, doesn't need refrigeration, doesn't need to be cooked. Might not be the most appetizing thing to eat straight but...
>>
>>655041
I suppose the fact that it isnt on the most appetising side of things is why people dont mention it, and because eating pure fat or oil isnt actually that fun, plus its a sure fire way to bring on the hershy squirts and i can think of few things i want less than that while out.

Dont get me wrong, its a great source of calories, like you said, and i know fats as energy have their place, those ultralighter kids love their olive oil, but im not too keen on wandering into the forest with just a jar of coconut oil for rations, im sure theres a way to factor coconut oil into your out diet while still being able to enjoy what your eating. I think its good for frying in.

Its the same thing with peanut butter, that shit is calorie dense, and it has its place in meal prep, but peanut butter on its own (while initially might sound tempting) isnt a fun experience when you get down to it in high volume.

Hey, maybe you could make some sort of food paste with shit like coconut oil and peanut butter? Plus a bunch of other shit as well, chia seeds are still trendy right?. There was a recepie for jar pemmican that was sort of a fatty fruity nutty meaty paste where a 1qt jar could last you a few days.
>>
>>653314
>chew
>addictive
>nicotine
>addictive
Smoking tobbaco is more addictive than chewing it because smoking it releases a powerful MAOI that's actually considered too dangerous to prescribe in most situations. Nicotine itself isn't really addictive.
>>
>>655155
>Nicotine itself isn't really addictive.

U wot m8?
>>
File: 1450971948062.jpg (81KB, 754x638px) Image search: [Google]
1450971948062.jpg
81KB, 754x638px
>>655155
Are you fucking retarded? Nicotine is addictive as fuck, the only reason smoking cigarettes is worse is because the lungs get involved, rapidly increasing transfer speed to your brain. The reason chew and cigars aren't as readily addictive is because absorption through the mouth takes much longer to the point you might be finished by the time it reaches your head making it much harder for your brain to connect the two and form an addiction.
>>
File: 1366054496554.jpg (58KB, 630x460px) Image search: [Google]
1366054496554.jpg
58KB, 630x460px
>>655155
>>
>>655084
Ive never had a peanut butter problem as long as Im still eating other food. I find granola is a good way to counteract the runny-ness PB causes down below.
>>
>>653314
Nicotine is effective as an appetite suppressant. And as a smoker, I wouldn't want to be going through withdrawals during an already stressful situation that would require bugging out.
>>
File: 1449294836727.png (516KB, 680x418px) Image search: [Google]
1449294836727.png
516KB, 680x418px
>>655573
I gained about 11kg after quitting smoking 9 months ago, I was a skelly most of my life and now I'm skinnyfat and can't lose the weight even though I exercise.
>>
>>655457
Two year addiction to Copenhagen. It was way worse then smoking. I could get through the night without a smoke. When I ran out of Copenhagen I was a fucking mess.
>>
>>653265
marinaded in the shit in the tin?
>>
>>655575
Go to /fit/. Read the sticky.
>>
>>655585
The main difference I've noticed, is that (for me), I'll go outside to have a cigarette so I'll only smoke one every hour or two. When I dip, I'll keep one in all the time, at work, while watching tv, a few times while sleeping... causes weird and intense dreams. Plus, I'd gut it so I was probably getting way too much nicotine.
>>
File: 1446858780193.png (3MB, 1119x2590px) Image search: [Google]
1446858780193.png
3MB, 1119x2590px
>>655651
This...
>>
>>655155
>Nicotine itself isn't really addictive.
KISS my fucking ass it isn't. I quit 4 months ago and I still and wanting to kill the next person that looks in my general direction for no reason.
It's much better now than it was but I stll get crazy cravings and am still clearing/hacking crap off my lungs.
>>
>>655585
Like I said, it's the path to addiction where cigarettes are worse. Once you're addicted they're pretty much the same in that you know, it's a fucking addiction.
>>
Holy shit you retarded niggers, read a fucking book. Ever wonder why e-cigs leave a lot to be desired? BECAUSE NICOTINE ISN'T THE PRIMARY CHEMICAL THAT YOU'RE ADDICTED TO.
>>
>>653310
refcipe?
>>
>>653400
You don't just bite into hard tack, you suck on it for a while until it's soft enough to break pieces off of.
>>
>>653486
god damnit i hate messing with fish
they are good to eat but holy fuck when i was learning i made some messes
>>
>>653560
worthless nothing balls
>>
>>656017
>not chewing the hardtack like peanut brittle

Are you a pussy or British?
>>
>>656019
But for easy carbs it's handy, cooks quicker than rice and takes up about as much space as a bag of pasta.
fry some mushrooms in a pan, add some salt and pepper then some cous cous to soak up the excess juices some rabbit cooked in fat with some garlic/mixed herbs and a black coffee and your good
>>
>>656113
>mushrooms and couscous

Why not add some shit for a trio
>>
>>655575
I know that feelz. Smoked for 25 years, gave up in June. Put on 12-13 kg since. Starting to lose it, fuck i hate fat people so feel pretty disgusted in myself
>>
ultimate breakfast food reporting in, calories for the whole day
>>
File: grits.jpg (118KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
grits.jpg
118KB, 600x600px
>>656589
I am a noob and I forgot to link the pic
>>
>>656591
Holy shit. Do negroes go camping?
>>
File: E3KlZUW.jpg (915KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
E3KlZUW.jpg
915KB, 1836x3264px
>>655438

No really, it's not that addictive. The shit in cigarettes gets you addicted way easier and faster because that's how big tobacco makes money.
I use electronic cigs off and on, before I went to boot I would vape the equivalent of a pack a day and didn't suffer even a headache.

Stop smoking cigarettes. Only do pure tobacco rolled or electronic, since the juices generally only contain three ingredients - two USDA approved chemicals that essentially make it viable to vaporize the nicotine, and the nicotine itself.

From an article about the chemicals, PG and VG:

.."Propylene Glycol and the Vegetable Glycerin are essentially non-toxic. Both of these e-liquid components have been deemed by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as “Generally Recognized as Safe” for human consumption. This means that even before you have started using electronic cigarettes and inhaling the vapor produced by the e-liquids that they contain, you have already consumed them through processed food or you might have already applied them onto your skin by using various cosmetic products."

I'm only slightly shilling for them. Otherwise smoke away with your natural methods pal, just stay away from cigarettes.

>500 chemicals
>>
>>656738

Eating and using PG and EV is completely fucking different than vaporizing it and inhaling it. You never really want anything other than air in your lungs, how is filling them with burnt sugars a good idea? Better than cigarettes but still fucking stupid.
>>
File: 1800-f_6.jpg (359KB, 1396x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1800-f_6.jpg
359KB, 1396x1800px
>>653254
Quaker Oats is the shittiest type of oatmeal you can buy.
>>
>>653315
Cream of wheat is the best.
>>
>>656906
It is. I don't like honey with anything really (including tea) but mix-in with CoW it's just a godly flavor that isn't honeylike at all. I just finished my bahx of the original and bought a bahx of the whole grain kind. Wicked good!
>>
>>656738
>Stop smoking cigarettes
I smoke cigars, not cigs. I've just always been told that they're not nearly as addictive because you don't get your lungs involved despite having more nicotine.
>>
A can of peaches that you spilled a bit while opening with a sharpened rock.
>>
Boil in a bag rice never fails me, only downside is the amount of water required to cook it.
>>
>>656591
>>656657
Is grits just Polenta? Sorry, Ausfag...
>>
>>659953
Fellow ausfag, and yes...kinda...and no, think of it like a cornmeal porridge where you use corn instead of oats.
>>
>>653254
i am lazy as fuck
>>
>>655555
No one checked quint 5's? !
This is an outrage!
>>
File: scotty_p.jpg (57KB, 600x454px) Image search: [Google]
scotty_p.jpg
57KB, 600x454px
>>660438
>>
>>653254
>slice apple in half, top to bottom
>remove core
>fill void with red hots candy
>reassemble
>wrap in foil
>bake until tender in coals

Yummy dessert for the desert, friends.
>>
>>659963
>think of it like a cornmeal porridge where you use corn instead of oats
Oh, you mean grits. Try putting a bunch of shredded cheese and some cut up peppers in them while they're still hot enough to melt the cheese.
>>
>>656893
>rolled oats
>not the steel-cut
I shiggy diggy, friend.
>>
>>659963
Oh rad, thanks.
>>
Bring 3 whole potatoes, a beef bullion cube, 1 onion, some meat (beef is king), carrots and a bag of any spice that sounds good. Throw it in a pot by the campfire for a few hours and you'll have a great meal.

Brown the meat first. Put water in there if it looks like it needs it
>>
>>653314
the fuck are you even talking about
>>
>>660571

I was informing that poster that chewing is a limiting factor in camping. In my past I've had to slow down for hikers that become irrate and lethargic once their stash ran out. It's an idiotic habit.
>>
>>653254
Biltong, it's a South African thing. Similar to beef jerky but it's not sweet. I can't stand sweet meat. It's easy as fuck to make at home and it keeps forever.

Bokkoms are South African dried fish. Haven't tried it but I want to. It's probably good.

Personally I love oatmeal. You can add flaxmeal, dried berries, cinnamon, nuts, so many things to mix it up.
>>
Bananas!
>>
File: Aquaculture&Farming.jpg (2MB, 2044x2304px) Image search: [Google]
Aquaculture&Farming.jpg
2MB, 2044x2304px
>>656018
The trick is to only gut them then cook them. No need to skin or scale them. After they are cooked the scales/skin peels right off easily. It doesn't flavor the meat either. We did that all the time when camping. We'd just cook them on a stick over the fire then peel, season, and eat.
>>
File: kosken.jpg (68KB, 533x720px) Image search: [Google]
kosken.jpg
68KB, 533x720px
>>653254
Green pea soup. If I set up camp for a longer while, I'll bring a sack or two of dried peas, which I set to soak in a plastic bag the day before. Then, the next day, I'll set my pot over some even coals, dunk the peqas in, some carrot, onion and garlic too, cover it all with water, and add a diced chunk of lardy bacon. Boil that for a few hours, add majoram, salt, pepper and mustard, and eat with raw minced onion along with whatever's been caught, and some black bread with koskenlaskija cheese.
>>
>>660837
Scaling ain't hard or time-consuming. The reason we do it first is because no-one likes seein' those buggers on their plate. Although that's not much of a matter if you're eating it off of a stick in the first place.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>653254
>>
>>661728
what does one do with powdered milk anyway? aso, how well does it keep in wet or yumid conditions? i'm guessing a twist-tie isn't going to be sufficient to keep it from getting musty and dank
>>
>>661733

Ziplock bag avoids any issue... Mix it in with granola and then stir in some hot water and makes for a good ass breakfast
>>
File: x240-jQM.jpg (12KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
x240-jQM.jpg
12KB, 320x240px
>>661740
>good ass breakfast

I guess it does sound pretty good tbqh friend-of-the-family.
>>
Dehydrated refried beans. White rice. Corn tortillas.
>>
>>653400
just let it soak in water mang

back when it was issued in the army, they didnt just make you eat hardtack raw. most of the time, they would put it in stews or with other foods. they only ever ate it raw when they had nothing left to put it with.

might i say, hardtack in stew is fuckin delicious
>>
File: 1451494932174.jpg (52KB, 600x596px) Image search: [Google]
1451494932174.jpg
52KB, 600x596px
>jar of peanut butter
>jar of nutella
>almound butter
>butter
>crushed cashews/almonds/peanuts/pistachios
>dried fruits of your choice(berries, bananas, etc)
>some oats
>mix into container
>eat a spoonful when hungry

Shits awesome and pure calories.
>>
>>661773
You were never in the army.
>>
File: cookwithwood-3.jpg (861KB, 2144x1424px) Image search: [Google]
cookwithwood-3.jpg
861KB, 2144x1424px
>>653254
Campfire Baked Potatoes.
No foil needed!

>toss sucker into fire
>cover it up nicely with burning firewood and shit
>wait roughly 30 minutes (depending on heat)
>get that potato outta there
>cut in half with a knife
>sprinkle salt and pepper
>eat with a fork or spoon
>taste heaven
>>
>>663820
My mouth is frothing just from the picture. Say no more. I have to try this
>>
>>661800
He never said he was
>>
>>663820
That skin is burnt to shit, though. You didn't eat the skin, right?
>>
File: 20160112_001018.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160112_001018.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>653310
>>653400
>>653880
>>654002
>>654570
>>654883
>>655991

Just made this, it's terrible, I love it.
>>
>>664063

throw in some erbwurst with that
>>
File: food.jpg (410KB, 1224x1160px) Image search: [Google]
food.jpg
410KB, 1224x1160px
How about this?
A cup of quinoa and a cup of buckwheat in a pot.
You'll probably need about six cups of water. So a two liter pot should do.
Bring it to the boil, uncovered.
Let it simmer for about 30 minutes, covered.
Take it off the heat and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
Stir some olive oil into it. Maybe three tablespoons.
Serve it and add salt and hot sauce to taste.

You're probably looking at about (roughly):
1566 Calories.
231g Carb
30.3g Fat
47g Protein
28.9g Fiber

Quinoa is a complete protein and makes up about half of that protein.

It'll stick to the pot so you'll probably want to boil some water in it afterwards to make it separate.
>>
>>660837
How are the scales/skin, though? I eat fish hardly ever but I do enjoy eating the scales/skin on Salmon.
>>
>>659953
>>659963
>Is grits just Polenta?

Grits and polenta are both ground corn but grits are prepared in a different way. Alkali, or something. Grits are tastier.

You can get grits in Australia from the website/store "USAfoods."
>>
>>664101
So spicy falafel?
>>
>>655155
>mfw retards anons don't know about MAOIS in tobacco
>mfw anon is as equally retarded because you get the effects of those maois with any way of consuming tobacco

nicotine is 7/10 to quit
maois are 5/10 to quit

together and by smoking ROA where they provide a "rush" they are 8/10 to quit.
>>
>>653573
Explanation? What went down if anything ?
>>
>>664132
Aren't those made of chickpeas?
>>
>>653634
damn
nice
>>
>>653908
who call's it KD
or Kraft Dinner
>>
>>665024
Pretty much every Canadian that has ever lived
>>
File: 1449534047801.jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1449534047801.jpg
43KB, 500x500px
Doritos & Sex?
>>
>>665435
I'd eat those chips wit her dip
>>
>>665435
Yes please
>>
Semen
>>
>>665492
Not enough calories
>>
>>661780
Pure cholesterol and diabetes
>>
>>656657
Kek
>>
>>653254
>canola oil
>Ramen noodles ;dried soup vegies; onion flakes
>rice ;frozen chopped brocolli soy sauce
>quick oats mixed with walnuts ;salt, powdered milk, cinnamon, and sugar
>pepperoni stick; sharp cheddar ;crackers
>Mountain House freeze dried dinners
>eggs; potatos ;tortillas ;chopped onion and pepper
>Cliff bars
Whatever I can scrape together.
>>
>>653516
>said someone has retarded writting
>writting
>can't even spell "writing"
God, it hurts.
>>
File: 1425375141115.png (9KB, 346x330px) Image search: [Google]
1425375141115.png
9KB, 346x330px
>>660842
Basicly this
>>
>>660483
whaaaat thaaa fuuuuckk man that sounds awesome.
>>
File: 1451541751222.jpg (42KB, 720x529px) Image search: [Google]
1451541751222.jpg
42KB, 720x529px
>>666313
>>
>>664005
yeah you either peel it or scoop it out with a spoon
>>
>>655575
Exact same thing happened to me, used to be skinny as, quit smoking start of 2015 and gained about 15kgs of fat, ultimate skinny fat faggoy. Tried running didn't really work, improved my diet still nothing really. Finally found the right mix of weight lifting (starting strength) and boxing fast, forward 6 months lost about 5kgs and the rest seems to have become muscle, never looked so good. Wife is very happy to say the least.
>>
>>669146
Should have just kept smoking. Non-smokers are an unhealthy lot.
>>
>>660756
Most jerky isn't sweet either.
The difference between biltong and jerky is how the meat is cut, not how it's prepared.
>>
File: DSC04709.jpg (2MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC04709.jpg
2MB, 3000x2000px
I make dinners out of freeze dried stuff. Like pic related. I'll take 1/2 cup of the cheese mix to 1 cup of pasta. Add the milk and butter powder to your taste. Put it in a zip lock along with some freeze dried ham/chicken. I bring a sea to summit pot with me and I can make an entire box of pasta into damn good mac and cheese.

Nothing like camping and eating mac and cheese. Also have a beef stroganoff meal I do as well.
>>
>>664103
I hear it's bad to eat the scales/skin because toxins are supposed to accumulate there. Not sure if it's true or an old wives tale, but I've had mild alergic reactions a few times from eating theskin and scales, so I tend to avoid it and would suggest other's do the same
>>
>>653310
Why not just carry flour instead? I mean these days it's not like it's hard to keep pests out of the stuff.
>>
>>664101
Quinoa is gross though.
>>
>>653806
Fucking newfag even redditors knows what fucken tendies are
>>
>>669418
Which kind did you have?
>>
>>669451
i agree with him. i have a bag of the brand with the old white guy smiling on the front and ive tried a number of applications (and yes please judge my culinary judgment), but no matter how i use it or how much i use, i still get this nasty fragrant earthy weed taste. but then when i try some other proprietor's quinoa, its delicious. so yes my question is what exactly are the differences and what am i using that is so funky
>>
File: 1452050894799.jpg (77KB, 750x731px) Image search: [Google]
1452050894799.jpg
77KB, 750x731px
>>653348
That was quite a post, anon
>>
File: 1452950226430.jpg (8KB, 248x250px) Image search: [Google]
1452950226430.jpg
8KB, 248x250px
>>653873
>>
>>654300
Wasabi peas are some pussy shit nigger try straight acetone
>>
>>665435
That looks like a girl I went to high school with...
>>
>>653254

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SYP1AKW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s02

quaker instant oat variety pack
they are loaded with sugar and whey solids, and they cook very quickly and easily

raw oats are a bitch to cook and are not practical for backpacking, that is probably the worst camping food you could possibly think of.
congratulations
>>
>>653515
holy shit
>>
>>669418
>>669472
By kind I mean black, red or white. Black has the strongest flavour. White goes shitty and mushy fastest. Red is probably between the two.
If the flavour of black is too strong for you I think the buckwheat might take the edge off.
Pretty much anything should take the edge off. I typically use it as I would brown rice.
>>
>>669418
The texture puts me off.
Like if you've ever lifted a rock or a cement paver and seen a bunch of ant eggs underneath.
Makes me think of that.
>>
>>670212
Ant eggs probably have good macros.
>>
>>660442
she is kinda hot.
>>
File: nutrition-five-year-food-bar.jpg (249KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
nutrition-five-year-food-bar.jpg
249KB, 960x960px
Anyone seen/tried these before? $5 a bar at Wally World. Reviews say they're actually pretty dang good. I'm going to try the one I bought soon. Cheaper than most other survival bars and 2400 calories is pretty decent. Not great for extended survival while travelling, but fine for a day when you dick around close to camp.
>>
>>664539
They used to make formula that killed a lot of babies at one point if memory serves.
>>
>>670224
oh I'd suck her dick in a heartbeat
>>
POWDERED WHOLE EGG (some guy on ebay, by far the best deal of 6 dozen eggs [2.25lbs of powder] for $36 free shipping)

POWDERED CHEDDAR CHEESE (gormet brand on amazon)

NONGSHIM SPICY RAMEN 4.2oz JUMBO PACKS (pack of 20 amazon)

INSTANT ROLLED BLACK BEANS (pack of 8 amazon)

FLAX SEED (same guy with the eggs on ebay)

MOTHERFUCKING TANG (amazon, bitches)

QUAKER INSTANT OAT VARIETY PACK (amazon)

so far, breakfast will be powdered egg and cheese with some oatmeal.

lunch will be the flax seeds, but i dont know what else to do with them to make it a complete meal and to add more flavor, maybe add peanut butter but i havent decided yet

dinner will be those motherfucking amazing nongshim with the equivlant of one or maybe two powdered eggs added + those instant black beans which taste great on their own + cheese on the beans...

im thinking maybe i should add some mashed potato for dinner as well, havent decided that yet either.

but anyway, this will all be cooked in a giant ultralight nonstick pot for easy cleanup too

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001OPO4N4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00
>>
>>670241
>>fine for a day

This is SURVIVAL food - not meant to be eaten in one day. In an actual emergency this could sustain you for over a week. The bar IIRC is scored into 6 sections - one or two sections per day...
>>
File: 1437912289466.gif (989KB, 500x452px) Image search: [Google]
1437912289466.gif
989KB, 500x452px
>>670279
>good camping food
>ramen
>>
>>670297

ease of use (instant cooking)
nutrition to weight ratio
taste
shelf life
can be eaten raw in case of emergency, easy to chew and digest, ramen is always accessible as a food source

ramen is actually perfect for backpacking
>>
File: 240942.jpg (55KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
240942.jpg
55KB, 640x478px
master race
>>
File: 1447986419517.gif (2MB, 300x164px) Image search: [Google]
1447986419517.gif
2MB, 300x164px
>>670306
>nutrition
>>
>>670297
Ramen has a great calorie/gm ratio and is easy to digest
It's easy to make and easy to clean up afterwards
And you can throw other foods in it to spice it up
>>
>>670355
You should do some actual research on Ramen.
>>
>>670378
I know they are processed foods, full of salt and have tbhq in them

I don't eat them every day when backpacking

What else should I know?
>>
>>670412
soylent green is people!
>>
>>670241
I have one I bought out of curiosity, should I try it and post my thoughts on it?
>>
>>670378

damn nigger shut the fuck up
you sound like that turpentine hippy faggot on youtube

ramen if fine
palm oil is nice and fatty and wheat flower is filling. plus your body needs /salt/ while out.

is it ok to eat cheap ramen everyday?
probably not
but if you actually look at the motherfucking god tier nongshim, they managed to cut all the MSG out and probably did some other shit too. i havent recieved the packages yet, i just ordered all that shit
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9vAF89Z0Wc
>>
>>670459
Yes, describe what it tastes like + what it's like to bite into it and chew it.
>>
>>670470
I love turpentine, almost as good as sterno or lead paint chips.
>>
>>670475
Holding the packaging it feels rock solid, but it's not that hard to bite into, although it's extremely dry. This one is apple cinnamon and following a bite with a swig of water makes the chalky-ness less noticable and I notice the actual flavor more. Without water it mostly tastes like nothing and you'd have to hold it in your mouth longer to moisten it. It's actually not bad, I wouldn't say it's difficult to eat (like a child's hated vegetable), it's just not enjoyable, like eating plain bread that has no loft. 4/10 I don't think I'd bring more than two squares(out of pack of 6) on a backpacking trip.
>>
>>670478

dude, that guy really goes on to talk about enema and shit

total fucking space cadet
Thread posts: 184
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.