[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /out/ I am in the millitary and need a good pair of boots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: 20130818_203219_zps0f42e8fa.jpg (47KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
20130818_203219_zps0f42e8fa.jpg
47KB, 800x600px
Hey /out/ I am in the millitary and need a good pair of boots for rucking with like 130ish lbs on my back.The boots have to be black and have a polishable surface.And well look like a millitary boot.What do you recomend?pic is the boots i was issued.
>>
Use the gear you're issued and don't be a pussy.
>>
>>650343
???

>>650184
Nike makes some very comfortable boots.
http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/special-field-boot/pid-438375/pgid-10968350

Comfy as fuck. Ankle support isn't the best I've seen. So if you are a clumsy mother fucker, get a heavier boot. If you can walk properly, these are damn fine.
>>
>>650184
Take your issues to a cobbler. He'll stretch, pad and resole them to best fit you.

>>650343
Take your issues to a psychologist. He'll pad and comfort them so you'll feel better, too.
>>
File: patrol-450x450.png (189KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
patrol-450x450.png
189KB, 450x450px
Lowa combat/patrol boot. Come in both black and brown, with or without gore tex.
>>
>>650184
What country are you from?

I'm NZ Army and I think my Gore-tex Lowas are excellent, but once they get wet they take way too long to dry out. If you live in a country with an arid environment you could probably get away with just about anything.
>>
>>650376
Good to see a fellow NZ Army per here
>>
>>650184
What's wrong with the ones you were issued? Are there any actual technical problems or do you just want to stand out for Daesh to shoot?
>>
>>650184
Canada? The issued boots are garbage and will cripple you. Look at Danner, Meindls, Lowas, etc
>>
>>650184
I recommend some Alt-Berg Jungle Microlites.
It is similar to the Warrior MkII the British Armed forces use but instead has ventilation.
Fits me well and doesn't budge a single bit on some terrain.
>>
File: sneeker-aqua-elite.jpg (111KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
sneeker-aqua-elite.jpg
111KB, 640x427px
>>650694
>>
These boots are made for the military. In my country they issue it to units that carry heavy packs a lot. It's sturdier than our standard boot.
https://www.alfaoutdoor.com/shop/hunting-boots/advance/jegerstovel-advance
>>
>>650343
I have had the sole separate from the boot 2 times now.When I am on course I will be fucked if they break again.
>>650355
I am pigeon towed in my left foot so maybe not.
>>650363
Will look into thank you
>>650376
Canadian
>>650443
They fall apart after a short time during my basic i went through 2 pairs.The pair i have have been holding up pretty well but the cloth bit is blown out and I have no ankle support.The last thing I wan't to do is stand out.
>>650581
You guessed it Canadian your self?
>>650694
I might get them if they come in black.
>>
>>651018
>>650581 here

I'm ex-infantry, go to the MIR and get a chit for non-issue boots, the CF boots are garbage and will fuck you up
>>
>>650184
>have to be black
posts brown
*facepalm*
>>
>>651421
Those are the boots I was issued. Please try harder.
>>
>>651961
Why do they require black boots if they issue brown boots themselves?
>>
>>651986
Because a officer said so. I'm not really one to question orders.
>>
>>650184

You CF? Those boots are garbage. Good for the parade square and that's it. Within a week of being on course the eyelets started separating, and that was before any field stuff.

>tfw had to wear the Gore-Tex boots for the rest of course

Shit was swampy as fuck
>>
hiax boots... mine lasted 17 years got a new pair the other day
>>
Hows the ankle support on 6inch high boots?
Any opinions on Danner boots?
>>
>>657493
bump
>>
I have a pair of Danner Acadia that i have worn for 3years now. I love mine, they are sturdy but heavy. I say go to a store and try a bunch of boots on see what works for you man. Every one has different feet thus the feel of a boot will be different for each person. Consider footbed width and arch support comfort.
>>
Thorogood Men's American Heritage 6" Plain-Toe Boot (10.5 D(M) US, Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NJ0SY6U/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_rZlJwbXTZD03H
>>
File: canvas.png (219KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
canvas.png
219KB, 380x380px
>>659869
Not OP here, I'm looking at some Danner 453's, could you recommend any others?
>>
>>650184
I suggest you go with some Haix if available in Canada
>>
>>659892
For hiking unfortunately I cant. I have had a pair of Telson's (no longer in production) which had a similar sole construction. The soles were sturdy and they held up for almost 2 years of working primarily outside in all conditions. For hiking/camping i have merrell moabs.
>>
>>660102
Additionally my buddy has a pair of the original strikers still. They are pretty beat up but the stitching has held together very well. If their hiking boots are built with the same quality that i've seen from their uniform boots i'd say go for it. Just make sure you try them on for fit and comfort.
>>
>>660102
>>660108
I might have a look at some Merrells. I'm getting the fiancée some from Cabelas, so might have a look for some men's. Thanks a lot mate.
>>
>>660108
My issue is that living in Rural Australia I can only try on Army Surplus boots unless I want to drive 6 hours to the city. Online, or no boots is my current situation, as I refuse to drive towards the city.
>>
>>660294
I have flat wide feet. The Danners i have owned i have in a wide size and my merrells are in a wide size and those are what work for me thus that is what I would recomend. You could order what youre interested in and if they dont fit right send em back because "wrong size" I know it might take a long time in the mail but thats as much as I could suggest.
>>
>>659892 here

>>660379
I found these, didn't even know Merrell stocked in Australia.
http://www.merrellaustralia.com.au/mens-moab-mid-gtx-darktan-0087311-000

Bit more expensive, but I'm sure they'll last a bit longer than the Danners, plus the shipping time for returns wouldn't be such an issue.
Thanks a lot for the suggestions, I think I've found the perfect pair.
>>
>>660578
Awesome! Are those prices in U.S. dollars?! I got my Moab WaterProofs for $120 here. I understand they have to ship these to Aus but damn!!
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.