[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have issues with wild animals while out? Let me hear your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 36

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Anyone have issues with wild animals while out?
Let me hear your stories, and see your pictures.
Pic related, This brave little mouse ran up my left pant leg. Attacking ferociously to the end, which was shortly after I took the picture. Never had a mouse attack before.
>>
>playing paintball /out/side
>hiding in a thick bush
>chipmunk scurries in front of me
>literally touches my shoe as it runs past, not noticing me
>3 feet away it stops
>does 180
>runs back in front of me and stares me down
>it starts waging it's tail

I thought it was cute, but later found out that chipmunk was about to attack.
>>
Did he bite you? There's a chance he had rabies, which would have caused him to attack. Very few other reasons why a mouse would attack you. If he bit you at all, I'd have it checked out FOR SURE.

If you do get rabies, the death rate is nearly 100%.
>>
>>645906
Thank you for your concern anon.
I caught it at the top of my boot under my pants. It did not make it to my skin and no bites received, It took me a minute to work it done my pant leg.
>>
>>645906
more than likely it was just trying to get some place warm, and was too stupid to run away once it realized the "big warm tree" it had climbed onto was moving
>>
>>645906
Plague is more likely. It's really big this year in the Western US hope you didn't get flea bites
>>
>>645885
Like every day all the time. Not so much "issues" really. Insects and arthropods aside, mostly snakes, minnows, opossums, deer, raccoons, American kestrels, snakes, mockingbirds, rabbits, foxes, snapping turtles, and ground hogs.

-Snakes: Every pile of something I need to move has snakes of various kinds.
-Minnows: The flies of the water. they attack my leg hairs constantly while I'm wading in streams when fishing. Rather annoying.
-Opossums: They eat the catfood and will come out during the day for it. They are constantly finding new ways to get into my storage sheds and crap all over the place. I catch them by hand often and relocate them.
-Deer: They were a massive problem before the coyotes moved in and I put up a 6 feet high fence around my property. They crapped everywhere and ate all my crops.
-Raccoons: They eat the catfood and will come out during the day for it. They get into my chicken feed if the lid isn't weighed down with a block.
-American Kestrels: They lodge in my house roof where the soffit goes. I can't finish that until they move out, but there's like 2 families that alternate and stay there almost year round. They crap all over that side of the house.
-Mockingbirds: They don't know when to shut up and will make their calls at like 2am and it lasts for hours. They will dive bomb you if you get too close to the trees housing nests. These are less of a problem now that the kestrels keep their numbers down.
-Rabbits: They eat my garden when I forget to turn the electric fence back on. At least the cats keep these in check. Though stepping in rabbit entrails barefooted when I step out on my porch isn't fun.
-Foxes: I rarely see these but they eat my chickens if I forget to lock them up each night.
-Ground hogs: They dig burrows everywhere and eat my garden if I forget to turn the electric back on.

>>645906
>>645977
>>645935
It probably just has toxoplasmosis. Nothing to worry about unless you are into eating mice raw or something.
>>
>>645992
-Snapping turtles: they eat my baby ducks, but they will come out of the pond to eat fallen apples and I can pick them up and truck them off to a remote location. I think I've relocated all of them but 1.
>>
>>645993
Why would you brag about killing turtles? You should be ashamed
>>
Shallows are annoying. I was fishing near a bridge and one of the buggers bit my line. lost an expensive lure
>>
>>646046
He said 'relocate,' not 'kill.'
>>
>>646046
He literally said that he feeds them apples and then gives them a ride in his truck.... where the hell did you get killing from?
>>
>>646126
Regardless of that fact. They're snapping turtles. DO people bitch is you kill a raccoon or a opossum?
>>
>>646047
>Shallows

Typo?
>>
File: DSCN0638a.jpg (5MB, 3648x5232px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0638a.jpg
5MB, 3648x5232px
>>645992
I forgot, I also have trouble from time to time with redtailed hawks killing my chickens. But, since I put up shelters for the chickens to run under I've not lost anything. Here's a photo of a hawk on top of one of my chickens. It had to be kicked off the chicken (not hard) to get it to fly off. The chicken survived.

>>646046
What? lol No, I just move them to a new location far far down river. Here's a photo of one of them with an apple.
>>
>>646174
Having an apple tree is not baiting them and snapping turtles can live anywhere in North America because they already do.

Stop making shit up and looking for something to bitch at you fat tumblrite
>>
>>646174
None of that is illegal in my area. Even the relocation, because it is along the same river system. The turtles come from the river to my pond to lay their eggs. I have a fence up that prevents them from getting in now.

Most people kill them and eat them here. There's no bag limit and they are delicious. I just don't kill them and eat them because they stink like shit and are hard to butcher properly.

>>646129
>DO people bitch is you kill a raccoon or a opossum?

Not where I live. Most kill them and/or eat them. They are considered a nuisance animal and there are professional hunters you can hire you hunt them with dozens of dogs. Farmers usually higher them to lower the raccoon numbers around their corn fields.

>>646181
Calm down, he's just trolling or lives in the city or in California.
>>
>>646174
>assumes turtles are being baited (they're not)
assume turtles are being located to a place they can't survive(they're not)
>assumes wildlife laws are the same in every country/state(they're not)
>assuming the relocation of snapping turtles is illegal in most states(it's not)

Boy, sure made you look like a fucking retard.
>>
>>646181
I think someone's baiting you. Of all the things humans do to other animals complaining about that is ridiculous.

Does that hawk in your picture have one eye? Or is it just not visible there?
>>
>>646182
>doesn't do something because it's hard

>>must be american
>>
File: image.jpg (101KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 540x360px
Is the states alligator snapping turtles are protected in many states. Make sure you know the difference between an alligator snapping turtle and common snapping turtle. Common snapping turtles are native to the Midwest. The alligator snapping turtle lives mostly in the southeastern U.S. and can weigh over 120 pounds. Common snapping turtles average 10 to 12 inches in length and have an average weight of 15 to 25 pounds.
>>
1-2 lb. turtle meat
1/4 c. dry sherry wine (optional)
2 tsp. instant, minced onion
2 carrots, sliced
1/8 tsp. dried basil
Salt
2 c. water
2 celery stalks, cut into pieces
8 sm. unpeeled red skinned potatoes, halved
Salt turtle meat well and place in your slow-cooking pot. Add all other ingredients in order given. Then cover and cook on low heat for 6-7 hours or until turtle meat is tender. Remove turtle meat from pot and cut into bite size pieces. Return meat to slow-cooking pot, cover, and continue to cook on low heat for an additional 2 hours or until vegetables are done.
>>
>>646174
>You cunts have no idea
You're the only cunt in this thread newfriend
>>
>>646221
see pic in
>>646172
>>
>>646206
It takes about 1 hour to butcher a snapping turtle and get the stench off your hands and everything else. It only produces a small amount of meat. Not worth the effort when I can simply shoot a deer and have more meat than I can eat for weeks with about as much work. Plus, venison is tastier.
>>
>>646172
Why don't you sell them to negroes? You should be able to get several $ per pound.
>>
>>646182
Hey OP, you mentioned alot of predatory wildlife, but not feral housecats or dogs. Do you not have a problem with them in your area? Or do people eat those too? is there a bag limit on cats?
>>
>>646287
So what's your point?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1936x2592px
>>646296
I live a few miles outside of town, and constantly have cats dumped at the farm.
SOme still wearing collars. These cats along with feral cats are shot. This time of year I'll use them as coyote bait, but most get tossed in an irrigation ditch.
I giggle when thinking about the city people who dump their cats, thinking they will have a good life on a farm.
>>
>>646291
None exist where I live.

>>646296
I'm not the OP. Yes, people do shoot strays here. I don't. I actually have a few cats here that were once strays. Dogs can't get in, but cats can. These days coyotes have been cutting down on new strays a great deal. The coyotes are new to the area in the past 10 years. The coyotes are great for that and keeping the deer population in check. Now we have all healthy deer instead of tons of sickly deer like 15 years ago.

>>646297
It shows the type of turtle, which is easily identifiable as a "Chelydra serpentina"
>>
>Be 18yo me
>5 day backpacking trip with 2 good friends the length of West Clear Creek in Arizona.
>Pretty tough 35miles
>inb4 35 miles isn't very far
>no trail because of seasonal Flash flooding
>constant wading and bushwacking through cat claws.
>~20+ swims where you have to float your gear in a drybag.
>needless to say, the going is slow as shit.
>be me, maybe day 3 overcast afternoon
>sickofthesefuckingcoldswims.jpg
>decide to try and traverse around the swim
>Pull myself up onto first little ledge maybe 8 feet off the canyon floor.
>only to find myself face to face with a semi-coiled rattle snake, while laying on my belly with my legs dangling over the ledge.
>proceed to violently flail myself off the ledge tumbling down the short way my pack taking the brunt of the impact
>couple sprained fingers but minor compared to rattler strike in the face.
>proceed to do the swim
>coldwaterfeelsgoodonfuckedupfingers.jpg
>>
>>646362
>Be still 18yo me.
>Same trip
>day 4
>Friends all getting on each others nerves a little
>Decide to pickup the pace a little and hike ahead.
>following the inside bend of the canyon hugging a wall of a blind corner
>deercaughintheheadlights.jpg
>10 feet in front of me as i round the blind corner is a black bear wading in the water
>it slowly rises from on all 4's and stands on hind legs
>bearcaughtintheheadlights.jpg
>prolly only 5 1/2ft+, seems like a 9 footer.
>oopsicrappedmypants.jpg
>not really, but heart is racing.
>Bear, like a canon, just barrels on all 4's across the creek, stops and looks one last time, then effortless scrambles up the canyon.
>Wanted to yell out "watch out for rattlers!" But still basically in shock with heart racing
>friends think I'm full of shit
>>
>>645992
maybe you should get an apartment desu senpai
>>
>>646377
>black bear
>not chasing it down to beat it up for being a pussy
>>
>>646306
Welp, you're fucked in the head
>>
>Back in misbegotten youth
>Boy Scout campout
>Sleeping in a hammock because it was August in Texas and hot as fuck
>Wake up at 2 AM to the sound of crunching leaves getting closer and closer
>What is this noisy noise?
>What terrible manner of beast doth approach in the darkness?
>13-year-old brain getting more and more panicked
>The crunchy critter is 10 feet away
>Now 5 feet away
>Now directly beneath my suspended butt
>Take flashlight, begin flailing at random beneath the hammock in attempt to frighten it away
>Armadillo that has snuffled its way through the leaves to my hammock freaks out, leaps into air and smacks into me
>Bolts off through leaves as only a terrorized armadillo can
>>
>>646306
Consider "put out to pasture" means to put down an animal, I doubt anyone other than children have any misconceptions of what happens on the farm. It's cheaper than a vet and it absolves the owner of responsibility since they can just say it got out.
>>
>>646464
What do you do with feral cats?
Did you know a cat can have up to 20 kittens per year?
>>
>>645905
You are lucky to be alive
>>
>big sur 2013
>burn ban in back country
>eat tuna cans in dark, hang food bags when done
>its dark, headlamps only show so much. leave potato on ground
>pitch black at this point. sitting around drinking whisky
>hear noises next to us. look around and catch shadows in the headlamp light
>eventually see 3 skunks running around eating tuna trash and potato
>buddy gets sprayed and can't sleep in tent rest of week

im no story teller but it really sucked. not funny at all and he smelled like fucking garbage. probably kept the other critters away though
>>
i dont think 2cups of water is going to work. stew/soup in a crock need more liquid. especially with 8 potatoes
>>
>>646306
Edge master tryin not to cut himself inside his moms basement.

Also. Itt things in this thread that are bullshit.
>>
>>646499
Would have been another careless chipmunk related death. When will people learn
>>
>>645885
One time I was fishing, it wasn't the best day but I managed to catch two finally. Almost ready to leave and I look down and a damn snapping turtle was eating my fish on the stringer. No fish for me that day.
>>
>>646489
I think he's referencing the previously domesticated cats. Shoot wild cats all you want, whatever, but shooting a cat that used to be someone's pet is a little questionable. Just don't take them in; keep shooting the wild ones.
>>
>>646640
Found the faggot who drops his unwanted pets in the country so they can have a a very short painful life
>>
>>646707
CHECK OUT THIS YOUNG BUCK. HES GOING ALL OUT! FREE BAIT FOR EVERYONE!
>>
File: 1252767-spatula.jpg (17KB, 604x640px) Image search: [Google]
1252767-spatula.jpg
17KB, 604x640px
I was car camping at a forest service campground once, and one of the local squirrels was clearly living la buena vida off jerk campers. Really pushy. We were constantly shooing it, and it kept climbing pants and being a nuisance.

Eventually I got frustrated and started swatting it with a plastic spatula, but the little assbastard kept coming back.

Finally, in a fit of exasperation, I applied the spatula in the prescribed manner and flipped that squirrel twenty feet into the woods.

It didn't work; the squirrel eventually returned, but I felt better about the situation.
>>
>>646489
Do you even have proof all of these collared cats were "dumped by city people"? It sounds like you are just killing people's pets.
>>
>>646733
My wife's mother just dumped a cat this week.
>>Stray shows up at her house and keeps shitting in the garage
>>Mother lures the cat into the trunk of the car with cat food.
>>Drove out to country, opened trunk, cat jumped out
I don't know if it had a coller or not.
>>
So if you are out and kill and eat an animal out of season, will the conservation officers get butt Hurt?
I wouldn't kill a deer because too big.
But rabbits, squirrels, turtles, birds fish...
>>
>>646489
They can't support that many kittens. Most ferals die from starvation. Humans have to feed them to keep them alive.
>>
>>646834
Yes, they will fine/arrest you for it. You need a license for a lot of things too, but not for some animals. For the animals that you do not need a license for and are not protected, there is no bag limit and no one cares and no one can do anything to you legally if you kill them.

A good example would be rats and mice.
>>
>>646733
Once you let your "pet" roam on someone else's land its open season. Housecats are an invasive species and should all be killed on sight, environmentally and morally speaking if you want to be a good person which I know many of you don't you geopooping weirdos
>>
>>646851
Not eating rats and mice, but thanks for the rest info.
>>
>>646859
I get your point but,
My closet neighbor is 2 miles away.
Their cats don't roam to my property.
And >>646733
WTF you want pics of dead cats? Sicko.
>>
Been out for 2 days in desert.
First night we cook then I put the pot back in my backpack.
Too small tent so we leave our backpacks out.
About to fall asleep, hearing my pack being dragged away, and fast.
Quickly open tent, seeing an hyena dragged my pack about 10 yard far.
Grabbed the first rock I saw, ran at it and started barking, threw the rock at it.
Couple hours later we left the tebt to watch a meteor shower (this was the reason for the trip), falling asleep on the sand, the hyena woke me up couple of times being just 15 feet away
>>
>>646899
Which desert?
And don't hyenas hunt in packs?
>>
>>646914

It was in the israeli Negev in Ramon crater. I know hyenas hunt in packs, I guess we were lucky it was alone.

I was trying to take pictures of it but I didnt want to use the flash, but I confirmed it was hyena by the footprints on the sand. Crazy shit .. though an incredible educating experience.
>>
>>645885
I was really expecting OP's pick to be some sort of endangered species.

Nothing to contribute cause day trip only pussy.
>>
>>646884
It was just an example. I don't know your local laws. Use google.
>>
File: common_brushtail_possum.jpg (130KB, 1090x730px) Image search: [Google]
common_brushtail_possum.jpg
130KB, 1090x730px
My father lives in a small quiet town in Tasmania on a 3/4 acre block with an apple orchard out the back. Brush tailed possums are his pet hate as they chew new shoots on the trees and fuck up all the fruit.

A few weeks ago he caught one in a cage trap and put it down with an old .22LR using a silencer my brother and I rigged up with some steel pipe, PVC and foam (silencers are illegal in Tasmania). He fucked up and used supersonic ammo though - it put out a huge noise that rang out across the town.

He was quite worried that someone would dob him into the cops but nothing came of it until a week later when he attended the local rotary society meeting. At the meeting they pass around a 'fine jar' for general mistakes people have made. Turns out everybody knew he shot a possum and had to pay a $20 fine that went towards the meeting bar tab.

Small country towns ftw to be honest. Pic is a possum.
>>
>young me and friend went fishing
>harbor in the north of Germany
>baltic sea
>winter, cold as shit, ice rain
>goin for bass as usual
>we ain't caught shit
>hands stiff after 30 minutes
>constantly cut ourselves and stab our fingers with hooks
>suddenly water moves
>isthatafin.jpg
>school of dolphins or something
>they are actually Harbour porpoise (pic related)
>pass by the pier couple of times
>4 maybe 5 of them
>we just stand there in aw

Turned out to be one of my fondest childhood memories, especially cause those animals rarely appear in baltic sea. Their German name literally translates to "pig whale".
>>
File: schweinswal.png (1MB, 675x583px) Image search: [Google]
schweinswal.png
1MB, 675x583px
>>647114
forgot pic
>>
>>647114
just moved to flensburg...wtf do people do here in the north during winter? is there anything out related in SH? other than the wattenmeer?
>>
The only really story I have is from when I was a ranger at Philmont Scout Ranch

>first day on the trail with this crew
>roll up on the night's campsite, lo and behold there's a bear digging through a campsite that had already been set up
>oh shit oh shit oh shit
>put on my sternest face trying to not seem scared in front of my crew and gather rocks and head to the front of the line
>adults are trying to take pictures of the bear, after I told them the day prior you need to shoo them away
>my mind blanks on what loud noise to make to scare the bear away so I just end up yelling "BEAR!" at it, throwing my arms above my head between throwing rocks in its direction
>check out the campsite the bear was ransacking
>nothing but tents, no people in site
>rattle a few tents, people start coming out
>this entire crew was just sleeping at 3 PM and didn't notice the bear eating their food because of this

On the positive side I'm sure my crew got a kick out of 120 pound me chasing a 350 pound bear and looking like a fool while I did so.
>>
>>647116

these whale are called porpoise.
I once saw one when i was fishing at the Ostseebad in Flensburg

>>647357

When i lived there i sometimes went fishing for cod in the harbor in winter. And sometimes i just went for a walk in the coastal woods.
There is really not that much to do.
>>
>>646221
Alligator snapping turtles are the devil and I will continue to kill them
>>
>>646306
That a Weaver K series? What rifle?
>>
>>646174
I hope you die via a horse throat raping you, and that your body is pickled for a month in 100 degree weather in the bottom of a porta poddy at NASCAR events, and then taken out and a different peice is mailed to your parents every week with a full color diagram and pictures of what part of your body this is along with varying columnist essays on why you are such a disgusting, awful cunt and how you're kind is literally destroying society and fueling the exact things you hate so much. May you get long splinters under your fingernails every day.
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 640x404px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 640x404px
>>647420
Yes weaver k2.5
Wards western field 47a is a mossberg model 45
Montgomery wards never made rifles. They just contracted with Mossberg to stamp wards on the barrel o f the guns sold in Montgomery wards department store. This gun was made between 1937 and 1938.
>>
>>645885
I think that's a shrew OP, not a mouse. Shrews can be more aggressive than mice.
>>
>>647440

I know this feels bro. Cecil the lion must be avenged. He was a good lion. On his way back to the pride to attend church and see he granny when dat cracker jack lynch him. Paws down don't shoot. Justice for Cecil 2015
>>
>>647500
It isn't a shrew, you can tell that by the face.
>>
>>647521
I laughed.
Cecil din do nuffin
He was a good boy.
>>
>>647357
Bird is the word. If you ar into birds just get in touch with you local Nabu. Otherwise hiking can be nice.
>>
last summer i drunkenly sat in a fire ants nest. didn't notice before a couple of hundred were crawling on my legs. managed to get them off by moving slowly, didn't get bit once
>>
>>646859
so you kill cats AND litter, what a fucking waste of space
>>
>>647521
>>647687
You do know that the permits for those hunts are to raise funds to protect the parks and their wildlife right? They can sell for 100s of thousands of dollars. They are normally auctioned.
>>
>>646306
I laughed at this post way more than I should have. What a dick move. I've heard about it but always thought it was just a myth. Why do people just dump their pets on random farms?
>>
>>647823
>not killing cats

You are a toxoplasmosis carrying faggot
>>
>>647843
True fact: most farmers have a "dog pile" where they throw all the dogs they have to kill, otherwise packs of these mangy fuckers attack our farm animals. These animals are not breeding in the wild and no matter how many you kill they just keep on coming.

It's shocking how many of them are black dogs which are given away for free at most shelters because most people are racist against black dogs. I guess they try them out for awhile and if it doesn't work they dump them and get another
>>
>>647837
Apparently you missed the sarcasm in those posts
>>
>>647843
Since I am about five miles from town, it's convenient for city people to drive here.
Most of the cats I get are younger. I don't know for sure but I invision these people getting a cute little playful kitten that grows up to be a shitting terror machines. I guess it's easier to tell their kids that the cat ran away instead of daddy took the kitty to the kill shelter.

>>647866
Never had an issue with dogs for some reason. But I know people who have shot dogs for killing, or chasing livestock,
>>
While hiking found a rattlesnake, it bit me. I started running and a bear tackled me 500 feet from the end of the trail and began to maul me.

I thought surely I am dead but I black out and wake up in a hospital bed. I ate too many damn mushrooms again.
>>
>>645885
In New Mexico on motorcycle ridding toward 4 corners area.
See rattle snake curled on double yellow lines.
Is it dead anon?
Hit it with a peanut from trail mix,
Fucker moves... I almost died.
>>
>>647866
You know, you could just do what I did. Put a 6 feet high 2x4 wire fence up all around my entire property. Skirt the bottom to prevent them from digging under. Now, I don't have problems with dogs, coyotes, or deer.

To protect my chickens, I put up some tall poles and strung fishing line all over which is enough to deter birds of prey. I also made a few hides the chickens can get under. I lock my chickens up at night to prevent smaller predators from getting them. Just in case I forget to lock up the chickens, there's a few strands of electric wire ringing the inside walls of the coop. Anything getting in that tries to climb up and get chickens will hit the electric.

All of that cost about as much as a cheap hunting rifle and encloses about 3 acres of land, but there's several cross-fenced areas so that expense is higher than normal. My neighbor did the same thing with his 150-acre plot to keep out stray dogs and coyotes. He used chain link fencing though.
>>
File: image.jpg (934KB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
934KB, 1936x1936px
This is a shrew.
Cat brings me presents
What op is holding is a field mouse.
>>
>>648217
Deer can jump over a 6 foot high fence.
>>
File: bite.png (4MB, 2172x1314px) Image search: [Google]
bite.png
4MB, 2172x1314px
>>645885
>brown recluse bite in BBNP
Other than that and a couple of aggressive cottonmouths, no.
>>
>>647498
I have a JC Higgins (Sears branded Marlin) .22lr bolt action rifle from about that time frame. Damn solid guns they made back then.
>>
>>648488
Only when they are being chased. Otherwise they go around. The only times deer have been in my place now is when someone left the gate open overnight. Then they try to jump over but half fail and crumple the top of the fence or slam into it at the bottom and mess things up. But they only do that when they panic and are confined.
>>
>>645992
Getting bothered by animals like that on a daily basis sounds awesome! God, I'm hungry. Squirrel and dumplings...
>>
>>646172
I used to have a redtail. She was a cunt, scratched at everything that moved, especially people, screeched all fucking day, and having to feed it quail all the time... I hate birds.
>>
>>646046

turtles are faggots
>>
When I was young me and my siblings were working on several projects just outside our land on a hill overlooking a nearby city, this being the country The oldest always carried a rifle in case of bears or wolves or anything like that and one time I was moving some wood up there I didn't have the rifle near and I saw a wolf staring me down maybe 20 feet away it was majestic I felt a mutual respect I wasn't scared I knew it wasn't going to attack after a while it just up and left I remember every feature especially its right ear that had been partially ripped off at the end and its greyish yellow eyes cutting a hole straight through my soul it was a truly life changing experience to know if this animal wanted to it could have killed me but chose not to for whatever reason this wolf and its pack always hung around the area and there was always a mutual respect
>>
>>646174
Pretty good bait.
>>
>>645992
>hey eat the catfood and will come out during the day for it.
Keep your cats inside you stupid nigger.
>>
>>648928
Tis better that thousands of songbirds die than I be so mean as to not let my cat out to shit in your garden
>>
File: 1434472120228.jpg (476KB, 1289x1266px) Image search: [Google]
1434472120228.jpg
476KB, 1289x1266px
>>645906
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZbrNN9KeUI

Rabies is fucking horrifying. Luckily now we have more options, but even those are stop-gaps into giving your body a little more time to fight it off.
>>
>>648583
This, and with a wire fence they will often just run right into it.
>>
>>648928
Why would I do that? Animals belong outside.

>>648931
They rarely eat birds. Perhaps 1 once every 3 weeks at most and those are just starlings or flycatchers. The biggest bird predators here are the American Kestrels which pretty much keep the place clear of smaller birds.
>>
>>648976
Cats are a pest, they destroy the ecosystem and other people's property.
>>
>>648984
>>648983
You people are so easily triggered. lol
>>
>>648984
It may be that cats were put on this planet to bring pleasure to the sick degenerates who kill them and to bring pain to those who unleash them on the world. Or maybe G_d is just a flaming asshole
>>
Had a group of about 20 bighorn sheep run me off the trail a month ago. No idea why. They just ran right through me like I wasn't even there.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1936x1936px
I got knocked by a cow
Not the one in pick related,
>>
File: DSC_0452s.jpg (1MB, 2000x1325px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0452s.jpg
1MB, 2000x1325px
>>649589
Woke up to this one morning. Cows are hilarious.

Also,
>cycling
>find a lovely campsite with a natural spring after making it over a pass
>set up camp a bit early, wash and dry some clothes, generally relaxing
>leave gloves in helmet hanging from handlebars as usual
>wake up next morning
>squirrel/chipmunk/similar has completely destroyed one glove and started a modest hole in the other

I guess they liked the salty taste. In any case, clothing lives in my tent or at least under the vestibule from now on.

A few days later a guy at a bike shop gave me a new pair at half price which was pretty cool. Within a month they had disintegrated on their own. And no, he did not cut the price to convince me to buy them because they were shitty gloves.
>>
>>650507
So why did he sell you shitty gloves?
>>
>>650509
He told me he would give me a good price for whatever pair I wanted. There were like 10. The ones I picked were fairly expensive. I can only assume that I either got a defective pair or that they last longer for road cyclists who don't pull their bikes off-road to set up camp or wear them 10 hours a day.
>>
>>645992

>high-fenced entire property
>to stop deer from eating crops

One of three things
1) you are a lying piece of shit
2) you have more money than god and less common sense than a nigger
3) your "crops" are a tiny ass garden that you are trying to talk up to sound more country than you are
>>
>>646221
>And then there's this dumbshit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBSFeJ1WLv4
>>
File: 1450841151643.jpg (143KB, 1916x1076px) Image search: [Google]
1450841151643.jpg
143KB, 1916x1076px
>>648547
Shiiiiit, my last roommate had a brown recluse bite on his calf, but he was allergic to the medicine, so he just had to ride that shit out...
He said they scooped out a dead mass the size of a golf ball from inside his calf muscles.
When I moved in with him, it was mostly healed, except for the skin. He had like a permanent scab the size of a 50 cent piece that wouldn't heal on the back of his leg.
>>
>>650633
All I read was,

>1) asspained
>2) asspained
>3) asspained
>>
>>645885
not really. bears are usually around because I'm fishing but if you just calmly walk away you're mostly fine.

had wolves maybe 50 m from camp once but it was just the noise.

whiskey jacks/grey jays are often around and they are camp thieves sometimes but I usually just feed them. Very smart birds.
>>
File: 1343153936930.jpg (44KB, 680x520px) Image search: [Google]
1343153936930.jpg
44KB, 680x520px
>>646306

Euthanasia!
>>
>>646225
What does turtle taste like? Frog? Ive had deep fried gator n it tastes like a weird fishy chicken. Is the flavor similar?
>>
>>647820
i rigged a projection screen out of some cheap fabric and a PVC pipe armature for a party once.
>day of party
>go to set it up
>everything going nicely
>couple guys hold the upright, pound into ground, tie against the fence to brace
>we start on the second upright
>several seconds later, we're all leaping in every direction
>shouting, batting at our legs

never knew there was a fire ant nest in the yard. we were trying to pound the upright into their home. startled and some bites, but funny a minute later. got the screen up in a different place, too. awesome party.
>>
>>647059
Thats the cutest possum ive seen the ones here in the states are fucking ugly as sin
>>
File: glass-grouse-bottle.jpg (17KB, 180x182px) Image search: [Google]
glass-grouse-bottle.jpg
17KB, 180x182px
>camping in Ontario
>on day hike, solo
>shortish loop
>halfway through
>going pretty fast, no good views so cruising
>ANiMAL ATTACK
>bursts out of the leaves, screeching at me
>wigged the fuck out, shout, run a few paces
>it's a tiny assed speckled grouse
>not even a foot tall, prob.
>ohdisnigga.jpg
>try to take pics but it gets shy and leaves
>yeah, you're not so tough now, you lil bitchass grouse
>>
File: DSC_0542.jpg (5MB, 3930x2620px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0542.jpg
5MB, 3930x2620px
>>653001
Grouse are great, especially when the moms fluff themselves up and confront you to distract you from the chicks.
>>
>>646306

There are some cats around my neighbourhood that I want to shoot. I'm not doing it because I hate cats (I do, but I wouldn't harm one over it) but because I know that once we get cats we won't stop getting cats. They wander all over causing dogs to bark and everything. There were two, and now there are five. Soon there will be more. Fucking cats. Literally.

LMAO 2CAT is real.
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 410x302px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 410x302px
>>653144
My city friend just had an issue with a feral cat. It was suggested to him that cats don't like coffee grounds so he should place those arose nod his property.
I was like WTF how much coffee grounds would that take.
Another guy suggested a water sprinkle set up to a motion sensor.
But it's winter and temp is below freezing.
>>
>>652734
I got lucky. The critter bit me twice in the same spot. Felt like I got stabbed both times. I was pulling up my pants when it happened, so I shoved them back down and grabbed it. Identified spider, smooshed. When I grabbed the spider, that patch of skin fell off. Most of the venom came off with it. I bent my knee reflexively from the pain and that's when I got the mirror image spot above the knee. Rubbed it down with alcohol hand sanitizer (that was fun!), then broke open a benadryl capsule and rubbed that in. Ghetto bandage made of toilet paper soaked in sanitizer and electrical tape took care of the rest. Hurt like hell, but wasn't going to let it end the trip with the boys. It healed in about three weeks.
>>
>>653512
It's easy to just get a trap and either kill the cat yourself by lowering it into a lake or drop it off in the country for the farmers to kill or take it to the animal shelters to gas.

Animal shelters will loan you a trap for free
>>
>>653144
>>653512
>>653587

Slingshot and marbles works well if you just want to send them on their way. You can kill them with one as well, if that's your bent.
>>
>>653587
>or drop it off in the country for the farmers to kill

what farmer would kill a random cat? I don't think that is how the world works, anon.
>>
>have feral cats
>they shit everywhere and steal my cat's food
>borrow some traps but only manage to catch my cat
>can't put poison food out because my cat would eat it
>can't shoot them because the literal second they see people they bolt out of sight
>dipshit family leaves extra food out for them because they don't want them to go hungry
>gone from one feral cat to five

God damn I fucking swear I'm going to skin those fucking cats and make a coat.
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION I FUCKING PROMISE.
>>
>>653774
>borrow some traps but only manage to catch my cat

Keep using the trap, but leave you cat in it a while longer than needed. It won't get caught again. Only use normal cat food as bait.

I had the same problem with mine. None of them go in and get caught now. Only the wild animals do.

>family feeds the strays

Kill your family.
>>
>>646464
"Don't kill the kitty-witties, even though I'm not going to feed them or take care of them, you should be obligated to take care of them even though no one else will!"
>>
>>653777
Shit, I guess I'll keep trying then.
>>
>>646932
pretty sure it was waiting for you to leave to go at your trash
>>
>>653623
All of them cityboy
>>
>>653777
You deserve it because you let your cats outside
>>
>>653890
cat goes outside to urinate, run around and hunt mice and comes back in to eat drink and sleep
keeping a cat from going out is a good way to get a fat cat
>>
>>653774
If you feed a cat outside it not your cat. Owner feeds their cats inside. But dog can be fed out side they stay on site.. It burn me up when people start feeding stray feral and they have kittens that return to beg. Then the process repeats again.
>>
>>653909
Cats outside are vermin once they leave your property and you as their owner forfeit its life
>>
>>653920
>Ah Bloo Bloo Bloo
>>
>>653920
not legally, if they have a collar on
>>
>>653927
>shoot cat with 12 guage
>stealthily approach the carcass
>oh noe, it has a collar
>remove collar
>achievement unlocked
>>
>>653623
See. You look cute n those jeans city boi!
>>646306
>>
>>654165
>morally and legally questionable behavior unlocked
>>
File: image.jpg (137KB, 400x297px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137KB, 400x297px
>>654285
How would this be illegal?
If people do t want their cats shot, then they should keep them from running loose.
>>
>>654467
Well if you are removing their collar after you shot them, you are obviously trying to conceal the fact that you shot a pet.

You are still an asshole for killing pet cats just because they crossed your property line and triggered your autism.
>>
>>654501
Why do you do gooders always misinterpret things? Try using your brain instead of your vagina. The collars are kept as a trophy as I ran out of space to mount all the heads
>>
>>647059
Be careful with DIY silencers. It's a big deal even in burgerland. That's gotta be like a zillion years in NZ. Whatever you do don't just get whatever oil filter looks about right from the auto parts store. And really don't buy an adapter/bushing that can go from your gun barrel to the oi filter, the atf would totally butt rape you for that.
>>
>>654559
Wow, you shot a domesticated animal, one that usually approaches humans, and you think that's a trophy kill?

You are indeed fucked in the head.
>>
>>654593
I think it might be jokes.
>>
>>654600
That's because you're a teenaged edgemaster
>>
>>654559
>>654467
It is destruction of private property. You get sued for that type of thing in civil court if no criminal action is taken against you..
>>
>>654606
Which is like shooting someone's car because they parked it in your driveway.
>>
>>654606
If your animal leaves your property
Comes onto my property
And damages my property
Then I can shoot your animal.
It might be a dog chasing live stock
It might be a cat killing chickens,
Or it could be your cat fight with my cats.
Doesn't really matter.
And if the animal you allowed to run loose damages my property, then you are liable for those damages.
I am also within my rights to shoot your animal to stop it from damaging my property.
>>654607
Poor analogy. A parked car does not usually damage property. But If you park your car on someone else's property it will be ticketed and towed to impound.
>>
>>654606
It's just a cat. Worst thing that would happen is I give my neighbor $10 to get a new one but more likely I would sue for mental distress for having to explode the kittys head with my 30-06
>>
Solo camping in Northern Colorado Rockies last summer
>In Hammock between two pines
>Lousy Tarp tied just overhead
>5:30am
>Squirrels FREAKING OUT
>Chewing strings holding hammock/tarp
>Running over peak of tarp
>Being loud as squirrels can be
>I throw rocks/sticks at them
>Doesnt scare them
>Scream at them
>No good
>Pull 9mm from Hammock pocket
>Fire one round into dead tree
>Squirrels GTFO quick
>Nearby sheep shit pants and run
>Wake up, light a small fire
>Drink tea, start the day
>6:00am
>Squirrels are the best alarm clocks
>>
>>655253
Should've kill the fucker. It would've been a good meal to start the day
>>
>>654798
>I would sue

This is an 18+ website.
>>
>>646172
wherere do you live at?
>>
>>654798
>>654872
absolutely no respect for animals. cats certainly don't go around killing chickens or fucking shit up.

A lot of you people just kill for the sake of killing which is disgusting.
>>
>>645885
>skunk
>be me
>be 14ish boy scout
>week at camp
>footlocker full of food and shit in my tent
>wake up to critter on me
>pat critter because I think it's my cat and I'm at home
>fade in
>fuckingatscoutcamp.exe
>skunk on me
>start kicking legs in sleeping bag
>skunk never sprayed, just left
still amazed I didn't piss myself that night.
>>
>>655692
True story, cats are vegetarians
>>
>>653774
well when the coyotes eventually encroach they will eat all the strays and your pet to
>>
>taking a bush track shortcut that I use to get home sometimes
>take a stop on my favourite little rocky outcrop that lets me look over the valley
>sitting down when I notice a bunch of rubbish dumped nearby
>it's not rubbish
>it's a massive red belly sitting coiled up in the sun
Considering I was halfway over to pick it up, I was pretty spooked by it. I see snakes around here all the time, they're beautiful creatures but I really don't like being too close to them.
>>
File: 171.jpg (3MB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
171.jpg
3MB, 3888x2592px
I had one of these fuckers harassing my chickens for weeks. I'd set the dog on it but it would just fly up to a tree and sit there, taunting us. I have no idea what it wanted with the chickens, but one time one of my chickens actually fought it off. It was a pretty impressive display of fluttering and scratching.

I heard that one of my neighbors dogs killed it, good riddance to the cocky fucker.
>>
File: Not worth plucking.jpg (96KB, 497x657px) Image search: [Google]
Not worth plucking.jpg
96KB, 497x657px
Pelicans
Also cormorants and terns (tiny seagulls)

I fish on bridges and piers in FL and fucking tourists think they're so fucking in-tune with nature when they feed birds, which is illegal here. Then the pelicans eat attack every fish I bring up and get hooked. And then the same fucking midwestern hippies get mad at me when I casually grab the things by their beaks to unhook them
>"This is sooooo sad. Isn't there some sort of special hook you can use that won't catch birds?"

I'm not really that mad about the birds, but I definitely lose my shit when some sunburned tourist takes it upon themselves to act like jane fucking goodall on their week-long vacation.

Also I end up untangling a lot of seagulls that other people hook bc they're always such pussies about it and it's sad when they leave a hook and line in the birds. Two weeks ago some roided-up douchebag hooked a tiny tern and wouldn't touch it until I grabbed it and held it for him
>*tern starts pecking my hand*
>"d...d-does it hurt"
>"no dude. it's a 5 oz bird"
>"c-can you hold it's beak so it doesn't bite me"
>"you're shitting me right"
>>
File: Kung Fu Rooster and Black Cat.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Kung Fu Rooster and Black Cat.webm
3MB, 480x360px
>>655704
>>655692
Chicken and cat owner here. I've never seen a cat kill a chicken I did see one play-stalking a rooster. It pounced at it with one of those "ha! you didn't see me!" stances with its back arched, but the rooster chased after it. It was hilarious.
>>
>>655253
My wife and I were camping at Yellowstone about 15 years ago and had a fun time with a squirrel. At least I did.
>old school canvas tent
>tarp over it with some space in between
>me cooking breakfast
>she sleeping in
>squirrel between tent and tarp
>gets confused and freaks out
>runs around making tons of noises
>woke her right the fuck up
>laughed my ass off
>>
File: images (6).jpg (39KB, 505x291px) Image search: [Google]
images (6).jpg
39KB, 505x291px
>>645885
Masked Lapwing plovers dude. These cunts are mean as hell.
They have a spur on each wing and dive bomb you if you come within fucking sight of their nests.
Apparently a golfer in my town got spured in the arse once and bled like a motherfucker.
>>
>>656525
These shits are the worst, noisy bastards too.

Last time I had trouble was with an albatross when i was wading out to fish a sandbar.
I had my salmon resting in a bag in the water in the shallows pinned to my rod holder as I didn't bring my cooler and saw him flying overhead, he banked around and landed right my my fish and pecked through the bag and tried to run off with a 35+cm fish (which looked hilarious) but it was too slippery and too big for him to grab.

Shooed him away and he spent the next 10 minutes eyeballing me and my fish before flying off, the cheeky kent. I guess it's my fault for not having the fish in a cooler though so it was funnier than anything else.

Normally I see rays, dolphins, seals and such while snorkelling or kayaking, but they're pretty chill creatures and awesome to watch when feeding or playing.

So yeah, it's always birds that'll ruin your day.
>>
>>656154
Well, I guess it's official
>>anon has never seen a cat kill a chicken
It is now confirmed, cats never kill chickens,
Yeah, what you said was that stupid.
Stop feeding your cats for a week and see what happens.
And learn the difference between feral cats and domesticated cats.
>>
>>656778
>tfw my chickens used to kill and eat the 4 month old kittens.

Evidently the mother took them all into the chicken yard to hunt. Things didn't turn out very well at all.

>And learn the difference between feral cats and domesticated cats.

No one cares about ferals, people shoot them on sight.
>>
File: toecutter.jpg (86KB, 585x346px) Image search: [Google]
toecutter.jpg
86KB, 585x346px
>>645905
>chipmunk
Not timber tiger
>>
File: Average Japanese Man.gif (2MB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
Average Japanese Man.gif
2MB, 360x360px
>let dog out at night to piss
>skunk runs across the street
>climbs my fence
>runs right at my german shepherd
>can see the foam in it's mouth
>in one swift motion
>I run forward
>pick up my dog
>kick the skunk in the face
>it flies over my fence
>into the open window of the local scrap metal thief's truck
>he swerves off the road and hits my neighbors shed
>walk inside and lock my door as they get into a fist fight and the skunk bites the driver repeatedly
>>
>>645906
>bitten in the hip by german shepard
>favorite jeans get fucked
>the bones in my hip prevented it from being a life threatening injury
>tfw rabies shots
>permanently immune to rabies
>>
>>654467
>if people dont want their cars shot, then they should keep them from running loose
>implying that you can just magically prevent that 100% of the time
>implying that accidents never happen
>implying cats aren't slippery little bastards
>implying you aren't just a fucking dickhead
>>
>>656778
I guarantee you've never seen a cat kill a chicken, you idiot.
>>
>>656917
How can you know that unless the "idiot" you are conversing with is yourself?
>>
I almost got murdered by a psychotic rooster.
It was a french rooster
>>
>>656935
It's because I know that cats hunt small birds and rodents, not chickens.
>>
>>656968
Well if you are like a typical cat owner you have toxoplasmosis and a rotting brain but I bet you aren't typical. I imagine you have at least six cats and you live amongst their filth. You are like the Simpsons cat lady
>>
File: 1392552273407.jpg (141KB, 560x746px) Image search: [Google]
1392552273407.jpg
141KB, 560x746px
>>656983
>>
>>656983
Nice rebuttal. That's at least a level 1.
>>
File: image.jpg (259KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
259KB, 1024x768px
>>656917
>>656968
Oh my. In which city do you live? You win the stupid anon award for today.
>>I know that cats hunt small birds and rodents, not chickens.
News flash for you moron.
Chickens do not start life as a full grown rooster or hen. After they hatch from the egg, they are
>>small birds.
Pic related.
>>
>>657354
No one I know allows chicks to run free due to predatory birds. They have to be caged until they are larger and can run under cover faster.
>>
>>657371
Hawks are not an issue because of overhead netting.
Mink, and cats can fit through the smallest openings.
While the chicks are cages, we allow free range not confined feeding.
>>
>>645977
I got screened for plague when I got a huge blue-black boil in my crotch once. Then when they were sure it wasn't plague they operated it away with me awake and without painkillers. Hurt a fair bit. But I was glad to get rid of it. This was while I was in the first psyche ward.

Then about a year after I got almost attacked by a mouse when stopping near a lake for coffee, apparently I walked into its turf and it threw a fit schreeching and making false attacks. I left it alone ;^)
>>
>>657354
Maybe so, but Roosters usually protect the hens and chicks, and roosters are definitely a formidable foe for cats.
>>
>>657453
We keep roosters with the hens and chicks so there's never a problem with anything from snakes to cats.
>>
>>645906
I was bitten by a rabies pos bat over the summer. Had to get a 8 injects over several weeks, it was terrifying.
>>
>>648337
i was surprised to hear those are venomous. my cat used to kill those by the dozen.
>>
>>653623
You don't know many farmers, do you?
>>
>>654285
Legally questionable? Sure
Morally questionable? Not really
>>
>>658703
It's legal to shoot cats in every state of the union if its on your property and you can shoot guns in that area. You can't torture them (legally) but you can kill as many as you want. Heck the humane society kills tens of millions every year and they are supported by animal lovers
>>
>>658787
>It's legal to shoot cats in every state of the union if its on your property and you can shoot guns in that area.

-------

>Section 951.02 of the Wisconsin Statutes states that “No person may treat any animal, whether belonging to the person or another, in a cruel manner.”

>Cruel means: “causing unnecessary and excessive pain or suffering or unjustifiable injury or death.” (ection 951.01).

> “it is clear that section 951.02 prohibits causing unjustifiable death to an animal, even by owners.”.

https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/wisconsin-considers-legalizing-cat-hunting

>Update: At a May 25, 2005, meeting, the Wisconsin Natural Resources Board declared they had decided not to pursue this measure further.

Seems you don't know shit, sir. I give you this link,

https://www.animallaw.info/article/detailed-discussion-state-cat-laws

But, you probably won't read it. Spouting out contrary and easily google information on the internet is completely retarded. This is 2016. The fucking 21st century. Get your shit together before you start mouthing off about any subject at all.

If you want to kill a cat legally, without question, you'll have to take it to a vet or other state licensed animal welfare employee and have them euthanize it for you, probably for a fee and if you can justify it. If you want to know further information you'll need to call the local authorities on the matter.
>>
>>658840

>Cruel means: “causing unnecessary and excessive pain or suffering or unjustifiable injury or death.”

Their death is always justifiable for a number of reasons. I've killed hundreds of cats and never had a problem

Shitting on your land spreading disease or killing native wildlife. There's all the justification I need. The only thing this law would stop me from doing is getting dozens of cats just for target practice and I don't need that because faggots like you who drop cats off in the country so they can have a good life provide me with plenty for free.
>>
File: large_acats1.jpg (26KB, 453x302px) Image search: [Google]
large_acats1.jpg
26KB, 453x302px
>>658787
>Farmer jailed for killing 5 feral cats on his property
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/hampton-va/TM26DD3MABD734G16/p2

>An 82-year-old man was arrested after his dog killed a cat while he walked the dog.
>The man was charged for not preventing his dog from attacking the cat.
>The man was walking his dog when the dog walked to a family’s driveway where their cat was resting and attacked the cat, killing it.
http://www.breakingworldnewstoday.com/2014/04/b2671.html

>Man jailed for trying to kill cat
>Karl Dyke, who is 53, was caught trying to strangle the cat at his home in Hereford.
>Mr Dyke admitted the offence and said he wanted to teach the animal a lesson for straying into his garden.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-24900776

>Man sentenced to time in prison for killing cat
>The Kent County Prosecutor’s Office says Michael Patrick Stackhouse will spend between 16 months and eight years in prison after stomping on a cat in front of a horrified crowd of neighbors on April 11.
http://www.lifewithcats.tv/2014/11/19/man-sentenced-to-time-in-prison-for-killing-cat/

>Long Beach man who killed his cat gets 2 years
>The couple tried to obtain a refund from the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Los Angeles for two of the cats that died, prosecutors said.
Since the cats died one month after they were adopted, the organization launched an investigation.
>In December, Ullery , 25, pleaded guilty to a single count of animal cruelty.
>Because of the animal cruelty conviction, Ullery is barred from owning, caring for or living with an animal for 10 years.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-cat-killer-prison-20150106-story.html

>Man Arrested for Killing Cat after Putting it in Washing Machine
>Police accuse a man of killing his girlfriend's cat by tossing it in the washing machine then putting it in a sheet and swinging it into walls.
http://wnep.com/2015/04/14/man-arrested-for-killing-cat-after-putting-it-in-washing-machine/
>>
>>658851
>Man gets 4 years in prison for killing cat with hatchet in High Ridge
>He said he stuck the cat with a hatchet after the cat had been hit by a car in the 6200 block of Antire Road in High Ridge.
>A Jefferson County jury on Sept. 26 convicted Grieg Ragen, 55, of felony animal abuse involving torture in the death of Molly, an 11-year-old calico cat. The four-year sentence was imposed by Circuit Judge Troy Cardona, and was the maximum punishment allowed by law.
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/man-gets-years-in-prison-for-killing-cat-with-hatchet/article_2bba44c4-9353-50b3-b696-1efdaff53d50.html

>Sutton man Lance Powell jailed for six weeks after killing cat with broom
>“Mr Powell was angry he kept defecating on his balcony and so, when he came onto his balcony once more, he hit him again and again with a broom.
http://www.suttonguardian.co.uk/news/14155585.Man_who_killed_cat_with_broom_jailed_for_six_weeks/

>Aberdeen man sentenced five years in prison for killing 19 cats
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2008/12/abereden_man_sentenced_for_kil.html

It amazes me just how fucked up some poeple are. At least these were just animals and not someone's children, so the alarm bells went off and these people got arrested.
Knowing how someone treates animals is paramount to knowing how they will treat human beings when they are overstressed.

>>658850
You are incorrect and you are lying about killing 100s of cats. lol You are just an angry kid posting online.
>>
>>658850
>Shitting on your land spreading disease or killing native wildlife.

That isn't, "justification", in the law's eyes. There are 3 terms, an "excuse", a "justification", and an "exculpation". You are spouting excuses, which are not justification in the slightest. If you are lucky that excuse will help mitigate your sentence.
>>
>>645885
>being outside with a group of more or less random guys
>sent to check out some far away river areal
>hunting game for fur to support a living
>bear out of nowhere
>buried alive
>survive and crawl 200 miles with broken legs
>eternal rage and becoming revenant
>>
>>658851
All that time spent on Google and you could only find stuff from the UK? I guess I will keep shooting cats until you faggots stop dumping them on my farm or they make it illegal
>>
>>658868
Sorry m8 but no one cares if I kill cats. Heck you can see some of them from the road where I nail them to trees. What are you going to arrest me for hurt feelers?
>>
File: image.gif (101KB, 426x582px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
101KB, 426x582px
>>658840
>ection 951.02 of the Wisconsin Statutes states that “No person may treat any animal, whether belonging to the person or another, in a cruel manner...
Feral cats belong to nobody
They are wild.
Therefore this section does not apply.
This is the reason animal shelters are allowed to kill thousands of animals without their employees being charged with a crime.
Because the animals are abandoned and belong to nobody.
Also justified killing is legal
You seem to think no killing is allowed which is an error.
If a animal is chasing or killing livestock or other animals, then the killing is justified.
I'm not stomping , setting on fire, beating with a broom....
They get shot in the head. A quick dispatch that is neither cruel or unusual.
>>
>>658979
Cats with collars aren't really 'feral'.
>>
>>658979
Incorrect. You have to read the definitions of what they are calling an "animal" and ownership is not part of that definition. There is a laundry list of do and don't and who and what is exempt.

You should probably read up on this stuff for your local laws before posting further.

>>658929
Only 3 of 9 links are not in the USA.

Typical intelligence level of someone who trolls the internet.
>>
>>658931
>overly paranoid about Toxoplasmosis, a virus that normally causes no symptoms and no noticable problems in human
>excessively kills cats for no justifiable reason
>then nails cats to trees
You should be treated for mental illness first before arrest.
>>
>>659103
>not nailing live cats to trees as a warning to witches

>implying a nigga needs a reason to slaughter cats

What do you even do for fun?
>>
File: 24461513.jpg (84KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
24461513.jpg
84KB, 400x400px
>>653774
next door used to feed feral cats, ended up with 15 of them until they moved, the new neighbours thought they were cute and told the RSPCA that they would look after them, which went against our wishes to have them all rounded up and killed.

MFW when the feral cats chase away there two house cats and neighbours dog ate all three kittens
>>
>nailing cats to trees
>not eating what you kill

Worthless white nignogs.

>>659103
All sport hunters are mentally diseased in the first place.
>>
>>659340
>eating what you kill

That's really quite selfish and unevolved. Any animal will kill for food. But to kill for the thrill!! And then to donate the carcass back to nature.... To lesser organisms that might not have had a meal today Ooh once you get to that level you feel a peace flow over you.you will be better than Buddha

>tldr, get on my level faggots
>>
>"I kill cats!"

Sure you do, kid.
>>
>>648822

>mutual respect
This is bait.
>>
File: tumblr_mucut5z6T71sfkjgyo1_1280.jpg (601KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mucut5z6T71sfkjgyo1_1280.jpg
601KB, 1280x853px
the only semi-interesting animal that I find regularly are hedgehogs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_extinct_animals_of_the_Netherlands

everything else that's interesting is extinct.
>>
>>659097
Notice how all of those involved cat deaths which were unnecessarily cruel and drawn out? None of them were killed by a gun so try again kiddo.
>>
>>659950
Are you saying that a slug to the head of a cat is less painful than slowly dismemberment with a butter knife and acid?
>>
>>659995
cats are unable to feel pain.

they engage in nociception.
>>
http://inhabitat.com/killing-dogs-and-cats-for-meat-is-still-legal-in-44-u-s-states/

Do you guys eat the stray cats and dogs you shoot? Is it possible to sell the meat?
>>
>>659950
>Notice how all of those involved cat deaths which were unnecessarily cruel and drawn out?

Kind of like the trolls ITT.

Which is how you can spot a troll braggart who probably hasn't been outside for months.
>>
>>660121
>Implying we need to leave our house to harvest cats

>implying your mom doesn't care enough to get you a window for the basement

>implying you don't rape neighborhood puppies to death
>>
>>658787
This is entirely untrue. You cannot kill an animal just because it is on your property unless it is a threat to you, or your property. A cat simply being there does not count. Even if the cat is sitting there. You can not kill it you fucking sick cunt.
>>
>>660195
>You cannot kill an animal just because it is on your property unless it is a threat to you, or your property

And yet it happens tens of thousands of times per day. Heck the SPCA kills millions with taxpayer $.

How can you sleep at night knowing about all the murdered kittens?
>>
File: seems suspicious.png (548KB, 623x630px) Image search: [Google]
seems suspicious.png
548KB, 623x630px
>i kill cats all the time and so does everyone else
>>
>>660325
This guy gets it. Killing cats is a blast
>>
File: 1433850199620.png (178KB, 335x384px) Image search: [Google]
1433850199620.png
178KB, 335x384px
>>660336
>not getting sarcasm on the internet
>The best thing to kill is other people's dogs. Completely legal in all 85 US states even if it is on a leash in the park. Because shitting in the park is illegal and since you can't take things from a park you can't take dogs shit your dog shit there. So, it is okay to shot people's dogs in the park.
>>
>>660780
Did you get a ticket because your dog took a shit in the park?
>>
>>660796
>owning pets

Animals are for food.
Thread posts: 224
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.