[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Irrational /out/ fears

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 49

File: aa.gif (291KB, 450x488px) Image search: [Google]
aa.gif
291KB, 450x488px
Pic very related.

The thought of being abducted by aliens when i'm innawoods & alone terrifies me. I also find it equally terrifying if I was to be abducted and whoever I was with didn't wake up while it was happening. Completely irrational I know....or is it? If you watch the skies long enough you see some odd shit.

Other /out/ fears include:

>Hearing someone creeping about outside my tent, knowing I am miles from anyone
>Eldritch creatures man is not meant to know wot of appearing in the night
>Ghosts
>Being followed when I am alone
>If i'm camped on a site, being run over while I am inside my tent (not so irrational)

Of course I have the run of the mill fears of getting lost and/or hurt while alone but then if you don't have that fear, even on a small level then you probably shouldn't be going /out/ in the first place.
>>
>>423345
I wouldn't mind being abducted by aliens.
More scared of other humans.
>>
>>423349

Yeah I used to think it would be kinda fun until I went deeper into AA phenomenon. Real or not, it appears to seriously fuck people up.

Also, The Forth Kind.

So yeah, fuck aliens. People I can deal with.
>>
I once camped on a small flat section of a pretty steep hill. On the way up there I encountered two big red deer, and because the trail was pretty much the only place to walk on because of the steepness, both me and the deer became somewhat stressed. On of them turned around and walked back the way it came, the other ran past me.

That night I feared being trampled by them, seeing as there was not much place for them to move, and I was pretty hidden (not in a tent), so they could step on me by mistake.

Other than that I don't think I have ever feared getting lost while /out/. I guess that may be because I have never been in a situation that turned dangerous because of getting lost, always kinda knew what direction to go in order to find something eventually, so I have only been lost for 3-4 hours at a time.
Other times I should have been afraid was once I camped one degree above freezing. There was wet snow everywhere, all my clothes were wet, I did not have a fire, no skis, and one heavy backpack. I used 5 or 6 hours walking back to civilization on a track that usually takes me 2 hours at most, the whole way there it rained. The only two things my mind was on was getting from the cover of one tree to the next, where I would rest (because walking with no skis in 1+ meter of wet snow is exhausting), and also thinking about the hot food I would eat at home.
Thinking back at it, it probably was a very dangerous situation, but being afraid didn't cross my mind at the time.
>>
File: tompta gudhi.jpg (88KB, 625x400px) Image search: [Google]
tompta gudhi.jpg
88KB, 625x400px
Supra natural beings like ghosts, trolls and 'gnomes' etc. is my main concern.
>>
File: 1416859396356.jpg (27KB, 269x307px) Image search: [Google]
1416859396356.jpg
27KB, 269x307px
>>423362
it's 2AM here fuck you
>>
>>423362
>that picture
That's from Sweden, isn't it? I think I read about that particular picture in a magazine.

I know old folks who still claim they've seen "tomtar" (gnomes) near rocks out on their fields (usually visible from their kitchen windows).
>>
>>423345
Skinwalkers
>>
File: 1415937852565.jpg (50KB, 500x672px) Image search: [Google]
1415937852565.jpg
50KB, 500x672px
>>423345

Loli-Vampires
>>
>>423380

Skinwalkers are way too spooky. I'm surprised there hasn't been a serious horror movie about the subject yet. I watched the trailer for the Skinwalker Ranch movie, but I heard it was terrible so I never bothered watching it.
>>
>>423388

Op here. I recommend the book "Hunt for the skinwalker". Don't ever watch the movie.
>>
>>423362
cute lil garden statue
>>
how did I get here
>>
>>423410
Did someone tell you th "Get out"? That happens a lot.
>>
>>423413

What is more liberating than to face your fears though?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
>>423345
Mine is deep sinking feeling I'm not going to have any kind of adventure while I'm out camping and shit. Everything is so fucking mundane. All predatory animals stay the fuck away from people 99% of the time. There's nothing really to do since everyone owns every square inch of land. You can't build a cabin unless you own the land. Even then it is just a cabin. Can't eat any of the fish anymore due to pollution. Game is fairly scarce most of the time because everything has a specific season to hunt in and when that comes millions of hunters on four wheelers and ATVs tear up everything and the place sounds like a war zone with firearm going off everywhere and no animals to be seen because they are scared shitless. Can't simply hike out in the middle of nowhere since people will shoot you if you cross onto their property. The government managed parks and public lands are chop full of every other tourist, pseudo-adventurer, and faux survivalist. Every fucking sky you see is littered with criss-crosses of jetliner trails. There's nearly always some man made thing making noises somewhere in the distance.

At least when I was a kid out camping and stuff more than half that shit didn't exist. No pollution warnings on streams, no jetliner trials, no subdivisions where there was once endless fields, no 500 "no trespassing" signs on every property line. Actual mountains instead of leveled mountain tops. No frack drilling rig making noise 3 miles away. You could really be /out/ and enjoy nature for what it was.

Well, I guess that isn't all that irrational now that I typed it out and read it, since it really is happening. I guess all that's left is to go to some pagan festival, get drunk, and fuck bitches.
>>
>>423367

made me chuckle.
>>
>>423415
Where do you live? I'm in America and I've never seen any of the pollution signs.
>>
File: 1408600127053 (1).jpg (13KB, 600x305px) Image search: [Google]
1408600127053 (1).jpg
13KB, 600x305px
>>423345
Hey OP
>>
File: 1410950152739.jpg (282KB, 500x800px) Image search: [Google]
1410950152739.jpg
282KB, 500x800px
>>423497
>>423351
>>423345
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>>423345
Pssst
>>
File: hey rofl.jpg (11KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
hey rofl.jpg
11KB, 299x168px
>>423345

Alien abduction is my only real irrational fear, apart from commitment in relationships

I think its because I find it plausable. Abduction stories scare the shit out of me.
>>
>>423521
Do you like Nine Inch Nails the band?
>>
>legit fears
-Being struck by lightning when /out/

>non-legit fears
-Found a motherfucking cryptid(rougarou,bigfoot) and not armed to the teeth (I usually carry few slugs along with with some buckshot rounds).
>>
>>423503
>>423499
>>423497
>>423506
When I was younger, the sight of a Grey would make me freeze up and feel deathly cold. I'd feel most horrifying sense of dread I can ever imagine.

I used to sleep with my back against the wall, staring out the big window in my bedroom, praying not to see them appear.

The fear slowly went away, and now I only feel a small amount of fear, but it makes me wonder why I used to have that condition.

The first time I went camping alone, it came back somewhat. I slept under a tarp, and could see outside through either end of my triangular "tent". Kept picturing one of their faces appearing. I kept myself comfortable by doing what I used to do to overcome the fear: I pictured attacking them, killing them, turning my flight into fight.

I keep a shotgun or a revolver on me when I camp. Shotgun for car camping, handgun for backpacking. And when I tell people "it's just in case of muggers or wild animals," I'm not telling the whole truth.
>>
>>423380
im going to second this.

and just now it made me remember something from my childhood

my grandpa showed me this weird foot? print on a large ant hill out back in the woods behind his house. it kinda looked like a bear track but it's pad was more round and no claw barks at all. where it's tows should have been there were 3 1.5" wide perfectly round evenly spaced 2" deep indention's.

Never seen anything like it before or since.

he could have been just fucking with me but he never really was that kind of guy.
>>
File: well.jpg (86KB, 715x561px) Image search: [Google]
well.jpg
86KB, 715x561px
>>423362
kike jinnee now this is interesting.
>>
>>423345
>Eldritch creatures man is not meant to know wot of appearing in the night
>Ghosts
These are what I want when /out/
>>
i remember a good creepy story thread from few weeks ago, so anyone has a story to share?
>>
>>423384
> not welcoming loli vampires
i bet it feels like an orgasm when they bit you
>>
>creepin outside my tent

I camped at birth manitou island earlier this year and in the dead of night, roughly 3am let's say I woke up to shuffling outside my tent and breathing.

Naturally I freaked out, grabbed my flashlight and yelled at whoever it was out there. As I turned in the light there was a deer standing face to face with me almost pressed up against my tent.

Learned on the boat ride home from another camper that the deer there are starving and so they go to places where you take a piss and eat the dirt for the nutrients from said piss. Really freaked me out, feel kinda bad though for the deer.
>>
>>423746
birth manitou? fucking autocorrect
North Manitou
>>
>>423345
>>423497
>>423499
AYY LMAO
but seriously stop freaking me out
>>
File: Side_of_the_road.gif (2MB, 448x236px) Image search: [Google]
Side_of_the_road.gif
2MB, 448x236px
pic related pretty much

>>423762
I will do no such thing
>>
File: 1377586973569.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1377586973569.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
Aliums.
>>
>>423766
Sauce?
>>
>>423775
Xtro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJWL9YaZ3C0

Not worth the watch
>>
Fuckin a. When I was camping as a 6 year old I had a nightmare that alaliens abducted me from my tent. For years after that I was fucking terrified by the thought of them. They still unsettle me to a degree bit shit gets weird staring up at the night ssky while camping.
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 520x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 520x750px
>>423746
That's my only fear is waking up to something being at my tent, and I'm pretty much a fish in a barrel (even though I have a gun) I'm in a finite space that they can fuck up. The bad part is I've been hiking before in total darkness and when I came to my campsite I saw what looked like a dwarf just standing there and I literally felt an impending sense of doom and I froze up hard.

Turned out to be a bush
>>
THANKS FAGS I CAN'T GO TO SLEEP NOW
>>
File: American-robin.jpg (129KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
American-robin.jpg
129KB, 500x333px
Yeah, OP, I hear ya.

Once I was out in the forest "in the middle of nowhere" when I heard a sound.

>what was that?
>anon, did you hear that?
>yeah... hmm... over there?
>oh there it is!

American Robin foraging for insects in the leaf litter.

Boy, sure is scary being out, good thing it wasn't an alien.

This thread...
>>
>>423805
You're lucky it wasn't a Wendigo
>>
>>423746
That's salt they are looking for, in Asia I heard there are beasts that will literally try and suck your cock as you piss. Also in South America watch out for penis penetrating river worms. You got nothing to fear on that Island except maybe a drunken Injun.
>>
>>423821
>penis penetrating river worms

Actually it's a fish.
>>
>>423506
>cattle mutilation

do yourself a favor and dont google it

By far the most convincing evidence of spoopy activity
>>
>>423528
You are not alone
I had that same feeling for Bigfoot too. It took a long time for me to get over them. I actually still have a little irrational fear for greys and bigfoot. Not sure why!
>>
>>423807
Wendigo is my irrational fear. Not that I'll be killed by one, but that I'll become one.
>>
File: wend.jpg (897KB, 4000x2400px) Image search: [Google]
wend.jpg
897KB, 4000x2400px
>>423897
Better not eat
dat hooman meat
>>
>>423351
I'd rather be abducted, mutilated and killed by aliens than abducted, tortured and killed by some hobo.

At least being abducted by aliens is educational.
>>
>>423821
>will literally try and suck your cock as you piss.
S-sauce?
>>
File: lacry2.jpg (97KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
lacry2.jpg
97KB, 500x300px
Those moths and other insects that drink your tears.
>>
File: ufo3.jpg (137KB, 774x576px) Image search: [Google]
ufo3.jpg
137KB, 774x576px
>>
File: ufo2.jpg (53KB, 727x524px) Image search: [Google]
ufo2.jpg
53KB, 727x524px
>>
>>423351
>aliens. People I can deal with.
Aliens
People

Pick one
>>
File: 1318037363032.jpg (11KB, 291x267px) Image search: [Google]
1318037363032.jpg
11KB, 291x267px
>>423908
>At least being abducted by aliens is educational.

lel
>>
You are all idiots.

I'm only worried about psychopaths who wants to kill, who find me sleeping away in the middle of nowhere, knows there is no way they/he/she can be tracked to the kill, and takes me out in the middle of my sleep.

>good thing I can never fucking sleep when /out/

I'm too much of a modern-comfort faggot.
>>
>>423523
>>423523
>hey kids, do you like violence?
>>
>>424124
Who doesn't?
>>
>>423528
Wouldn't it be cool as fuck to shoot and ayy lmao and watch that little shit drop in your room?

Anyway, I have that alien fear too, some nights slept with guns and knives near; I've had 4 nightmares mixed with sleep paralysis experiences involving aliens that scarred me for life. I sleep with the lights on normally
>>
>>424352
>wanna see me stick 9 inch nails through each one of these eyelids?
>>
>>424113
>You're an idiot for having a fear which you admit to be irrational
>>
>>423345
the only irrational /out/ fear, is the kne that makea you carry a gun
>>
>>424435
>implying I don't carry a gun anyway

>>424400
Sure, but then you'd inadvertently start an interstellar war and see the human race wiped out by angry ayy lmaos.
>>
>>423499
WHY ARE THE STARS ON HIS BED FUCKING JEWISH STARS

WHY HAVE I NEVER NOTICED THAT BEFORE

JEWS CONFIRMED SPACE ALIENS
>>
File: Jew Aliens.jpg (46KB, 455x400px) Image search: [Google]
Jew Aliens.jpg
46KB, 455x400px
>>424466
>>
Whenever I go to take a piss/shit at night with my head lamp I'm always afraid I'll turn my head and illuminate something fucked up leering at me from behind a bush or something and won't be able to do anything because I'm pissing/shitting.
>>
>>424481
This fucking this. While pissing I'm constantly scanning the woods. While zipping up I always fear looking back up and seeing a BEK standing in front of me.
>>
I usually hammock camp and the last time I went tent camping I found a black widow that had been hiding in there while it was packed up in my garage. Now I'm fucking terrified of lethal spiders hiding in my gear.
>>
>>424483
I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
File: DSC00160.jpg (222KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00160.jpg
222KB, 2592x1944px
I hate being in a tent. Everytim I am in a tent I get paranoid.

> North Romania w/ girl-friend, stay in a field obscured by bushes.
> throughout all night hear river and walking right next to our tent, can't sleep all night
> mfw no signs of life in dozens of meters every time I peek, river is 30 meters away
> survive the night, get shitty sleep, get greeted by curious cows around our tent

> West Finland w/ girlfriend, stay in a teepee in a small patch of dense pygmy birches, only one narrow path leading up to the teepee
> two nights in a row some cat-size creature rustles leaves and all our jimmies, too cold and rocky outside to set my naked, tender feet outside and scare that shit away.
> hate that small faggot sincerely
> take a picture of warm potato baked in ash, the background birches make it look slightly like soul or spirit
> take picture of steamy potato, show to gf, don't sleep rest of the night + fucking critter rustling in the leaves...

pic related ^

Hate people and raccoon size shit rustling
>>
>terrifies of wolf
>terrifies of bear
>be in UK

facepalm.jpg
>>
rapist dolphins
>>
File: cat awesome.jpg (150KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
cat awesome.jpg
150KB, 500x333px
>>423897
of course, totally irrational. I know I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
Aliums for me too. Surprised so many people share that fear. There's gotta be some psychology behind what people are afraid of, anyone know some non-bullshit reasons why we're afraid of greys?
>>
>>423345
Skinwalkers
They also make the best copypastas, but generally the idea of powerful-capable creatures that live /out/, (and worse, can follow us /in/) is too spooky for me.
>>
>>424913
there is a theory that greys and abductions are just your memories from when you were an infant. you had imperfect senses and no context yet to properly process the data. later in your life something triggers the long dormant parts of your brain containing those memories. your adult brain is full of information and uses it to give context to the sensory data. so your memories of being born, doctor's visits, being picked up, etc are now Alien abduction.

next time you think you see aliens. just Ayy LMAO and ignore.
>>
>>424922
Seeing as rectal thermometers are on the way out, the probing memories should disappear more and more with each passing generation?
>>
>>423351
>it appears to seriously fuck people up
I'm not sure but I'm pretty sure I've gotten visited/watched/abducted by 'aliens' 2 or 3 times

will type out the story and post later if the thread gets bumped at all
>>
>>424931
BUMP
>>
>>424931
*Bump*
Dew it
>>
>>424933
>>424934
typing
>>
File: 1414137406086.jpg (13KB, 172x251px) Image search: [Google]
1414137406086.jpg
13KB, 172x251px
The Jews is my fear when i'm /out/
>>
File: 1408785522319.jpg (24KB, 396x691px) Image search: [Google]
1408785522319.jpg
24KB, 396x691px
>innawoods with some buddies
>drinkin shine and cookin sausages at night
>go off to take a piss
>redlight head lamp
>pissin
>suddenly hear rustling in the brush
>turn to look
>there's a black shape crouched next to a bush making sex noises
>redlight makes it even spookier
>freak the fuck out
>try to run
>still pissing
>trip
>piss. piss every where
>turns out it was just my buddy in his black thermals and a balaclava
>everyone laughs at me
>now completely terrified my asshole friends will fuck with me whenever i go off alone
>every time i piss i do it while constantly turning in a circle
>get nicknamed "the sprinkler" by asshole friends
>>
File: House don't give af.gif (401KB, 271x279px) Image search: [Google]
House don't give af.gif
401KB, 271x279px
>>424933
>>424934
>get home from work at Dunks
>3pm
>sit on the couch
>turn on history channel
>suddenly I'm driving in my car with my buddy from work and I feel the car get pulled up into the air and my heart jumps
>wake up frantically (I passed out ???)
>see 'grey' face in corner of the room
>struggle to turn my head but can't
>summon my inner super saiyan and break out of paralysis, hurt my neck wicked bad
>look in the direction of the face
>it's gone
>Log men of New Jersey or something is on
>look from the tv outside
>it's pitch black
>look at the clock
>it's 10pm
>???????????
>it was only 3 four seconds ago
>roomate walks into the apartment
>asks what the fuck is wrong, are you ok, etc.
>tell him what happened
>finish off a handle of jack and watch DBZ all night
could have gone worse tbh

got one more
>>
File: cool pepe.jpg (25KB, 600x584px) Image search: [Google]
cool pepe.jpg
25KB, 600x584px
>>424942
>have 'grey' dream
>it's always the same
>at my house or somewhere doing something stupid
>all of a sudden a low but loud humming sound from outside
>becomes hard to move
>look outside
>see a 'ship' or whatever
>wake up
Every time. But this time:
>wake up see something standing at the foot of my bed
>animals (cat/dog) sleep with me
>see them both staring at it too
>not freaking out or barking or hissing or whatever or anything
>unlocked_powers_gohan.gif
>snap out of sleep paralysis
>yank my head toward the figure
>it's gone
>animals still staring at the spot where it was
>dog usually freaks out and starts licking its lips and wagging when I wake up because it loves me, cat usually runs over to his dish because he thinks when I wake up it's usually feeding time
>takes them about 10 seconds to look back at me
>they both look at me, don't make a fuss, and settle back in
>I'm like 'ok' and lie back in bed
for some reason I felt comforted that the animals weren't scared, so I was like, whatever fuck it

Honestly, an encounter with greys or a ufo or whatever is my darkest most hideous fear, but both "encounters" I've had so far weren't even that bad

probably just my imagination or whatever, but if they were real, could have gone worse
>>
>>424942
That's just sleep paralysis m8. I get that shit all the time. I once woke up to this creepy bald chick kneeling next to my bed and staring at my face only inches away. If it ever happens again, the best way to come out of paralysis is to close your eyes and focus on moving a single finger or toe.
>>
>>424944
The time loss in the first one is what creeped me out. And the second one the reaction of the animals is what creeped me out then. So I dunno.
>>
>>424947
Yeah the animals reaction to seeing something too is creepy.
>>
File: anxious pepe2.jpg (24KB, 470x437px) Image search: [Google]
anxious pepe2.jpg
24KB, 470x437px
>>424948
dude I know

EVERY time I wake up or even move my dog gets so excited because it thinks we're gonna get up and play, and the fact that I woke up so frantically and it didn't even phase the dog and it just looked at me and went back to sleep blew my fucking mind

I have no further comments.
>>
>>424947
The next time it happens just lay there and watch them for a while. Sleep paralysis hallucinations are usually static. I saw a "grey" once who was tall and skinny and just stood in the corner of my room staring at the wall. I laid there looking at it to see if it would ever turn around but it never did. I probably would have shit the bed if it did.
>>
>>424944
wait, I think I must have had sleep paralysis for the first time last week. I woke up feeling like I was being strangled, and could see a dark smoky figure over me. I couldn't move. felt pretty fucked up
>>
>>424951
Well
>inb4 it happens again
but if it does I'll see what happens. It didn't linger like yours did though, it just wasn't there the second I oriented my head towards it
>>
>>424952
The classic hallucination is a witch or demon sitting on your chest and choking you or standing at the foot of your bed and holding your legs down. In rare cases people see things walk through walls or crawl out from under their bed. The recurring theme is an invasion of space and oppression.
>>
File: jim bite's.jpg (361KB, 1600x1112px) Image search: [Google]
jim bite's.jpg
361KB, 1600x1112px
>>424957
>witch or demon
well you just spooked me for the night, but I'm glad there is a explanation for me seeing shit. I was freaked out
>>
>>424953
It usually only happens for me when I'm extremely tired or take naps in awkward positions like on a couch with my feet higher than my head. If you have the balls, you can take some melatonin before bed and try to induce more vivid hallucinations. Once you understand they're just dreams and can't hurt you it's pretty exhilarating. No horror movie can compare to the fucked up shit your own subconscious mind can come up with.
>>
File: Ayleeum.jpg (13KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Ayleeum.jpg
13KB, 350x350px
>be me
>be 11
>win pic related at state fair
>keep in corner of room
>two nights later its next to my bed
>freak out
>put back in corner
>next night wake up its next to my bed
>freak out
>parents don't belive me
>deflate and throw in closet
>two nights pass
>nothing
>phew it's over with
>next night wake up
>it's next to my bed
>freak out again
>parents still dont belive
>place him back in corner
>rig fishing line 6 inches from floor with fishing bells on either end
>sleep with mini baseball bat under the covers
>wake up to bells ringing and a loud thud against my dresser
>see dark figure in room
>unleash the fury and attack
>parents come rushing in and flick on the lights
>see me raining down blows with mini bat on my 13 year old brother
>they break it up
>he ended up with a bloody lip, swollen cheekbone and a few knots on his head
>>
>>424963
haha, story made my night.
>>
File: paul-newmans-coupon.png (94KB, 227x225px) Image search: [Google]
paul-newmans-coupon.png
94KB, 227x225px
ayy lmao
>>
File: ra.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
ra.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>424938
>get nicknamed "the sprinkler"
>>
>>424963
ayy
>>
File: 1416346671521.jpg (240KB, 743x924px) Image search: [Google]
1416346671521.jpg
240KB, 743x924px
>implying aliens are immune to bullets
>2014
>not raping and murdering every alien that tries to abduct you
>>
File: 269.png (105KB, 350x319px) Image search: [Google]
269.png
105KB, 350x319px
>>423922
i've seen those before

nature's ultimate trolls
>>
i get sleep paralysis a lot if i have a nightmare, never any spooky shit in the room. waking up already scared as fuck only to find out you can't move is some scary shit

apparently during REM your body puts out a chemical to limit muscle movement so if you wake during REM it can take a bit for your body to wake up
>>
Wow i sure as fuck am glad i do not have these fears.

I did fear aliens, Never feared bigfoot figure he would just run the fuck away or get shot at.

This fear of pissing in the dark and all. Can easily be avoided, Dont take a flashlight. That sounds crazy i know but think about it without the flashlight you feel a lot less visible and your eyes and ears are wide open to everything.

What i do fear is ill hear a noise shoot and accidentally kill someone i would be very sad.
>>
>>423380
I wouldn´t worry about them..
>>
look this in Brazil jungle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkLJCFPn2Ok
>>
File: 1416711441031.jpg (186KB, 1199x1046px) Image search: [Google]
1416711441031.jpg
186KB, 1199x1046px
>>424957
I usually don't have nightmares and when I do it often centres around being chased. Spookiest dream I can recall was dreaming that I was in bed half asleep, being woken in the dream by a dark figure standing beside my bed. At that moment I woke up for real with a pounding heart. Thing is I've had a couple of other spooky things happen in my apartment.
>>
>>425147
>Thing is I've had a couple of other spooky things happen in my apartment.

Go on......
>>
California

Pretty damn afraid of rogue mountain lions I guess
>>
runnin int o the boys in blue nigga
>>
File: Sneky.jpg (221KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Sneky.jpg
221KB, 1024x768px
>>425173
I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>425155
Home alone (8-9 in the morning). Sitting on bed in my room, can see out to the kitchen. Look out and lamp hanging over dinner table is swinging. Promptly leave apartment.

Sitting on my bed watching tv in the night. Suddenly grandmothers old acoustic guitar fall back with quite some force making the strings cling/ring (tried to recreate the fall but wasn't the same force). Have been standing on the floor resting against a guitar amp for months without being touched. Grandmother had passed away a few days or so before that.

After the funeral, riding in car with mom and grandfathers brother (I very rarely meet him). He say he was sitting alone on the top floor in his house when suddenly hearing 3 knocks on window. He thought it was spoopy and that it might have been grandma saying good bye... Mom turns to me "haven't you experienced anything, Anon?
>>
>>425179
Thats actually a pretty comforting picture. thanks
>>
>>423345

Trying to sleep and having the birds and other wildlife suddenly stop making noise when they were previously loud.
>>
>>425198
I hate shitty stories like these. "I heard a noise and got scared."
>>
>>425246
You can think what you want. I don't claim to have hard proofs of ghost. Just two incidents that freaked me out a bit when they happened.
>>
>>423345
me and a friend had a weird experience with a light that looked like it was at the top out a mountain one night. I started flashing it and it at that point lifted off the mountain into the air. At that point my friend made sure I stopped flashing it.

my fear is pissing at night. Just not very alert, it's cold as hell, and I always feel like some animal is going to ambush me. I usually piss all over my self flailing the flashlight around me looking around
>>
>>424506
>a few years back
>inna boy scouts of america at camporee
>raccoon rustles my tent
>i get out and shout at it and swing at it with a stick
>domesticated fuck has been fed people food by idiots for too long to be spooked of campers
>see it has decimated our snacks
>everyone else piles out of there tents to see the raccoon under my flashlight and the ravished snacks
>a few of the older boys take out their pocket knives
>navy MP scoutmaster says "do what you have to" and walks away
>the raccoon is ritualistically murdered by a bunch of 15 year olds and tossed into a ravine to bleed out and die
>later that night we raided our rival troops camp for snacks
>rival scoutmaster complains
>our apathetic scoutmaster tells him to fuck off
>later we won the camporee events and smoked weed on top of the climbing wall
The moral of the story: Kill raccoons and smoke weed.
>>
>>425054
Skinwalker detected
>>
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elmendorf_Beast

Need more nightmare fuel in here for the nights alone in the tent!
I also prefer semi-plausible stuff over aliens and shit. Not that i don't feel you, but i think it's rather boring.
>>
>>424095
I think what he means is that he fears only aliens because he can deal with humans
>>
>>424938
>the sprinkler
Kekd so motherfucking hard
>>
>>424957
>demon witch choking me in my bed
Seems like a fetish too me, but hey call it whatever you like
>>
>>425374
awesome
>>
File: sleep-paralysis-succubus.jpg (25KB, 520x510px) Image search: [Google]
sleep-paralysis-succubus.jpg
25KB, 520x510px
>>425459
This is my fetish.
>>
>>424957
Sleep paralysis is one of the most horrifying things I've ever experienced, and I lived in a haunted house once.

One night I was in my bedroom, and out of nowhere I just got this really bad feeling, like I'm not sure how to explain it, but there was a strangeness emanating from the corner of the room. It bugged me all night, and at the time I was typically going to bed around 10PM, but I felt nervous so I stayed up late and played video games, I guess hoping it would go away. Eventually I gave up and went to sleep, but I couldn't shake the feeling of these bad vibes coming from that corner of the room. I woke up later that night facing the wall my bed is next to, lying with my back to the corner, and I was absolutely terrified, like I was a Jew hiding in the attic in WW2, seriously scared man. I just lay still for a really long time, trying not to breathe too loudly or deeply, like I'm a little kid hiding from the boogeyman. I guess I fell asleep eventually, but the next thing I know I feel like I'm being lifted out of my bed, to the point where I can't feel any contact with my mattress, blanket or pillows or anything. I feel like I'm just floating above the bed, but I can't feel my body at all, it's more like my consciousness or soul is being pulled out, while my body is still below me. Not long after I'm back in my body, in bed, but I'm not sure if I can move or not, and I didn't want to try, because all I can feel is something staring at my back as I lay in bed facing the wall, and I'm overcome by the most intense fear I've ever felt in my entire life, like a bear is at my back, ready to rip me apart in the middle of the night. It took me a really long time, but I eventually rolled over and flicked on my lamp, fully expecting some a samsquanch or something ready to eat me, but of course there was nothing.

Honestly, I'm still not sure if it was sleep paralysis or something worse, but to me it felt evil, so I'm not convinced.
>>
>>425775
I lived in Port Gamble Washington when I first found /x/ and got into astral projection and lucid dreaming. That didn't end well...
>>
>>425775
just sleep paralysis, happens to me when i stay up to late
happened to me twice in a night once when i was younger, thought i was being abducted by aliens lol

after it happens a few times you get used to it and the fear goes away
have found it can lead to lucid dreaming, hypnagogic hallucinations which are a lot of fun
>>
After discovering the SCP foundation and reading H.P. Lovecraft, I'm never setting foot outside urban centers.

Just kidding, I am. But my imagination will run wild at times.
>>
>>425775
Any interesting stories from the haunted house?
>>
>>425775
Though I've never had any sleep paralysis hallucinations (fingers crossed), probably because I always sleep on my side facing the wall, but I recognise that sense of fear. It feels like when you know you got someone behind you, except more intense by orders of magnitude.

I've only had it happen when I've been exceptionally tired at the time of going to bed
>>
File: 1413420691428.png (90KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
1413420691428.png
90KB, 288x288px
>>424938

"the sprinkler"
>>
>>424942
>>424943

OP here. Thanks for sharing. Thats some weird shit right there.

I've never had an abduction experience that I know of but i've seen ufos several times. Not saying they were aliems, just weird lights in the sky that I couldn't identify.

I used to have dreams that I was being "taken" by a tall thin man and a short fat man though. Used to wake up with blood pouring out of my nose and bloody handprints all over the walls from where i'd been thrashing about in my sleep. I also developed an odd birthmark on my side when I was about 13.

Weird.
>>
>>426013
>>426013

Me again I had a weird experience about 6 months ago which I had forgotten about until I started thinking about my previous post.

>be asleep
>wake up slowly
>something feels very wrong
>choking
>cant breathe
>wake up fully, gasping for air
>look across room and see "grey" alien fade out and vanish
>breath returns to normal and I start gulping air

Now THAT was fucking scary. I cant believe I forgot about it.

Also, sleep paralysis is no big deal. It serves a purpose in that it stops you from physically acting out your dreams while you are asleep. Sometimes however you wake up and the mechanism is still activated so you instantly go into freak-out mode. Often times the dream function will still be active too so hallucinations often go hand in hand with sleep paralysis. Next time it happens to anyone, stay calm, breathe and it will be gone in seconds.
>>
>>423415
Sounds like you live somewhere shitty on the East coast or your from Yurop. Either way, sucks to be you fag.
>>
>>425914
Fucking Lovecraft. That story about the guy who got stuck in a cave completely ruined spelunking for me.
>>
>>424963
You were pretty alpha as an 11 year old
>>
>>423766

OH SHIT OH SHIT
>>
File: Ilz8eff.jpg (171KB, 956x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Ilz8eff.jpg
171KB, 956x1280px
Not a lot scares me when /out/ especially at altitude but one time I was solo hiking in the sierras laying in my tent changing into warmer layers when I heard heavy footsteps come right up to the tent. I had the rain fly on and couldnt see wtf it was so I zipped up the tent door and laid on my stomach peeking out the vestibule hole.. some close footsteps then something big flat and heavy steps right on my foot through the tent. I jerk my foot and yelled startling it and I heard it run off. I told myself it was a bear for a while but when I jerked my foot I swear I heard a persons startled noise and not an animals which is usually just a fast breath out, and the cadence of the running sounded more human like .....anyways I made a spear that night with a walking stick, knife and para cord. Blew up my fishing tube halfway to sleep under and strung monofilament booby traps all around my camp. Slept half awake thinking some crazy person was loose in the hills.....

freaked me out to say the least.
>>
>>423345
i saw a UFO the other weekend, i was astounded
>old troop invites me back to teach knots and lashings
>in hammock reading
>hear scouts bitching about UFO
>get out of hammock and walk over
>10 some odd dots flying fast as shit in a scramble pattern
>they all form up into a triangle
>literally disappear out of nowhere
>one is left
>dot slowly falls down to the ground in a nearby clearing
>go to check it out, tell nobody to follow
>it was some sort of translucent metal triangle, small, almost like a folded up americian flag
>call the police
>they come and look at it with me
>by this time its like 5AM and we are getting ready for the morning
>shit lifts up and disappears, releasing a heat i cannot describe
>cop gets 2nd degree burns all over his legs, he was the closest to it when it lifted up
>we agree to never talk about it again
>havent thought about it until now, its been 3 weeks
>>
>>426208

And you never thought to take a picture? Any news reports to back this sighting up or relevant information pertaining to the injuries sustained by the cop?
>>
>>423345
My only fear when /out/ is mountain lions. other than that shit ain't that scary when camping
>>
>>423345
Just being out in the woods in the dark walking to my deer stand or something and something starts running towards me, fuck every single time I go out I think about it.
>>
>camping with dad as a kid
> in tent on first night
> wake up screaming
> trying to pull the tent down from inside
> "it's too high! It's too high!"
> dad wakes me properly
> no idea why i was doing that

About five years later

> swag camping with my best friend
> wake up yelling and suffocating in the swag
> "I NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE"
> "FUCKING LET ME OUT"
> friend helps me out
> as soon as the swag is unzipped i feel 100% fine and have completely forgotten why I was yelling
> wtf.jpg
>>
>>424931
>bump for spoopy greentext
>>
>>426293
Night terrors are believed to be caused by some kind of repressed emotional trauma like being molested/raped as a child.
>>
>>426198
Explain your picture.
>>
>>423528

I'm 19 and still sleep back to the wall with a gun within reach. I remember everything, but in a weird way, so where you remember that awesome horror movie, I remember some maniac trying to kill me. to make that worse, my right eye is super fucked and causes me to see breif forms and movements that are not really there. and just for the icing on the cake, for the last 6 years, I have had super realistic (like just normal life, but in a different universe) dreams that completely fuck up my sleeping pattern because I no longer know for certain if I am awake or not anymore.

These types of threads rattle me to my core, but they also release this primitive emotion that I can't describe.
>>
>>426347
By quacks.

>>426360
>Sleeping with a gun within reach when you know you have irrational fears and tend to see things that aren't there

Holy shit, if there has even been a human time bomb, you are it.
>>
>>425179

this is the true nope. fuck big cats.
>>
>>424943
>for some reason I felt comforted that the animals weren't scared, so I was like, whatever fuck it

cuz they know what's up and if shit's going down
i want a based dog one day
>>
>>425147
FUCK that creeped me out
i feel bad for the kid, there's some sad copy pasta from /b/ screen shotted somewhre
>>
>>426362
>Holy shit, if there has even been a human time bomb, you are it.
this

you're goign to blow away someone by accident
>>
>>426362
Gun owner anon here, I gotta agree. Anon, if you know you have trouble telling reality from fantasy, you should NOT own a gun. Please be a responsible adult. At least buy a safe and keep it locked up and unloaded. Being someone with a condition like that, you're far more likely to accidentally shoot an innocent person than stop a home invader. Please consider.
>>
>>426362
>>426387

I live alone (for obvious reasons), whenever I have company over I make sure to lock my gun away and warn them about waking me up should they spend the night. I might be a nut case, but I do try to be a responsible one.
>>
File: spook house.jpg (88KB, 1302x745px) Image search: [Google]
spook house.jpg
88KB, 1302x745px
>>425932
Yeah sorta. I was living in this place off campus my last semester of college, nice house about 5 miles from the school up on the side of a mountain, it was a 2 story house, but it was built on the side of a hill, so the top floor was at ground level next to the garage while the bottom floor at the base of the hill, it was actually really nice, plus it had a long-ass driveway, maybe almost a 1/4 of a mile. I was living there with 5 other people, 3 of us upstairs, 3 of us downstairs, with my bedroom on the main floor. And for a little more background, a year prior to moving in a kid OD on heroin or something crazy in one of the upstairs rooms, not that it really bothered me.

So, one night I'm driving home in the middle of winter, maybe 4-5 inches of snow on the ground, with the girl I was seeing at the time, who was still at least a little drunk/high from our earlier shenanigans, and as I'm rolling up my long spook-city driveway, she FREAKS THE FUCK OUT, yelling that something big was up in a tree staring right at her, or something like that, which I just assumed was an owl or some big bird and kind of disregarded her. I pull up to the house and the driveway is empty, which isn't too odd since everyone else sometimes sleeps over with whoever, but tonight it looked like I was the only one home. We get in the house and she's calmed down a lot, probably since I didn't really care in the first place, and we eventually get to bangin'. I pull out and blow a load on her stomach, and the instant I finish what sounds like a little girl with a man chasing her runs down the hall from the other bedrooms all the while banging on the wall of my room as they run through the livingroom into the kitchen and I assume out the door, since the outside light flicks on, which is not an automatic. As soon as the noise dies down, the latch to my door pops and opens just a crack, pausing for a moment as it slowly swung open into my room.
>>
>>426461
So I'm kneeling on my bed, dick in hand, cum all over this girl, totally frozen as all this goes down. After a minute or so of staring at the door, I get up to look around, scared as shit, but there's nobody there, and no cars in the driveway.

I lived on the side of a mountain with a huge driveway and 0 neighbors with a steep hill heading toward the road covered in thorn bushes, and this all happened with a few inches of snow on the ground in the dead of winter, so it wasn't any meddling kids or anything, I don't think. This wasn't the last thing that happened either, but it was the biggest. I'm pretty sure the girl I was seeing at the time was the trigger for a lot of the stuff that happened, since it started around the same time I began bringing her over, and she would complain about feeling creeped out when getting up to go to the bathroom at night, which coincidentally is located across from the dead kid's old room.

Few other times I'd wake up late at night and hear what sounded like knocking in the hall headed to my room, progressively getting closer until it was outside my door. I'd wake up in the morning and the door leading to the bottom floor, which was in my room, would be wide open and my bedroom door would be closed, which is the opposite of how I leave it at night. My roommates would complain about lights flickering and cabinets opening and stuff too, nothing bad though, at least nothing malicious. Last thing that happened was when I was packing my things to head home, and I've got Dexter playing on my PC as I pack. So I'm stuffing things into boxes and whatnot and a man's voice says "Good Bye", very softly, almost like it's in my head, which I don't think much of at first, but it felt kind of strange, and I've seen this show plenty of times and I didn't recognize the voice, so I look up just to see a blank screen, since the episode I was watching had ended at some point earlier.
>>
File: yacunt.png (696KB, 1713x667px) Image search: [Google]
yacunt.png
696KB, 1713x667px
>>423345
Yup, that was my biggest fear for a long time as well, kinda got over it after I grew older I guess. Have also seen some odd stuff, innawoods & and around my neighborhood too. Most freakish was a little fucker like this only a few inches bigger.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmzzZvJM9TM
Was probably a just a really fat squirrel, nonetheless I almost shat my pants.
>>
Sorry my greentexts suck

>always have nightmares as kid
>not average spooky shit but just sounds and shapes getting louder and expanding
>everything was connected by lines
>don't even know what the fuck it is, why or how to describe it
>they stop at around age 10 , still fucked me up until 2 years ago
>2 years ago I got into operatan/survivval etc.
>somehow managed to grab good tier eqipment
>middle of summer, decide it's time to finally go /out/ for a week
>bro that was originally gonna come decides to not go because "gf more important"
>Ups my backpacks weight to 30+ kilogramm
>Like I give a fuck it can't be so bad I managed to haul it out of my appartment right?
>skip to me after a day of hiking innawoods with murder weight backpack somewhere at the border of germany
>Pitch tent, set up inside, get ready to cook some delicious canfood
>Look around never noticed how menacing the forest looks
>tactically poop my pants and decide to go ham on my camp
>Gather sticks,place sharpened sticks around tent and camp, fasten tent , throw leaves n shit on everything, start pit fire
>finally feel safe, cook can on gas cooker, eat, drink, get ready for bed
>make sure camp is safe and oper8or af
>take one last leak, looking in dark, menancing forest
>thought I saw something moving but was too spooked to check
>go into sleeping bag, check eveything and try to sleep
>fall asleep after 1 hour of being spooked
>that's when it happened, the dreams came back for the first time in 8 years
>realize it's a dream and want to get out
>get panical because I can feel that I am awake
>go into hyperventilation mode and pass out
>wake up next morning somewhere in the woods, half frozen, half naked, small cuts everywhere and foot covered completely in blood
>Go into panic mode again and somehow make it back to fucking base camp
> to this day I still wonder how I even made it back with the wound I had in my foot
>camp looks like boars rampaged it, I just want to get home again

will continue
>>
>>426488
>get first aid out of my backpack
>clean wounds and self
> feet looks real fucking bad, looks like a piece of flesh was ripped out
>get dressed, start a fire and start packing up all my shit, just want to get out
>Get feeling in feet back, start feeling the pain
>keep packing up and get done half an hour later
>Take my stuff and gtfo
>about a third of the way the pain in the foot gets real fucking bad cuz the adrenaline stops
>remember that I didn't drink or eat anything for that day yet
>sit down
>wake up as the sun goes down, must've passed out
>foot feels like it has to be amputated, but seeing how it gets dark I fucking hightail it
>constantly feel watched but I'm just too fucking delusional at that point to do anything but get out
>3 hours of pain later I get to a street, takes me another to get some random guy to pick me up
>takes me to hospital

In retrospect I think I just went fucking insane in that night, rampaged my camp, stepped on my genious fucking traps and then ran somewhere in the forest where I passed out.
Didn't do any outdoor stuff since then, started getting into /k/ related stuff and will go /out/ again this winter
Pls work this time, fucking please
sorry that my greentext sucks guys
>>
File: 5spook.webm (3MB, 1280x720px)
5spook.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
i only fear fucked up human beans and shitty animals
>>
>>426488
>>not average spooky shit but just sounds and shapes getting louder and expanding

I used to have weird, abstract dreams like that. They fortunately stopped years ago (no idea how old I was) but they were some of the most terrifying dreams I experienced despite sounding silly.

There were just things like large spheres which were simultaneously big and small, like viewing something incredibly large from afar. They were also both loud and quiet at the same time and there would be voices which would shout my name, but they would seem far away. Like my dad would just shout, as if up the stairs, angrily my name as if to call me down. Except I was asleep and there were no stairs.

Dreams are weird and there's stuff which makes absolutely no sense which terrifies me. I don't think it's anything paranormal though like a lot of stuff in this thread, it's just fucked up stuff in the brain.
>>
>>426469
I hope you thanked him for his hospitality. My house had a shitty asshole who liked to leave things open to get stolen, bang around the attic, scare the piss out our dog, smoke in-doors and scared the crap out of me at night for the hell of it from time to time.
>>
>>426488
>>426496
Aww I'm sorry man. That sounds a LOT like something I would do... I'd be intimidated of doing it again, but don't view it that way. Fuck calm, die in battle and go to Valhalla. Embrace your inner /out/
>>
>>426477
>that picture
lel
>>
File: image.jpg (844KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
844KB, 2592x1936px
op here. tonight im staying alone in a small trailer in the middle of fucking nowhere and kind of regretting this thread because now im jumpy as fuck.

Anyway I just fucking shit myself...

>be in caravan alone miles from anywhere
>notice clouds have passed so go outside at 12:30am to star gaze from old rocking chair
>dark as fuck outside
>Frosty and cold
>use phone light to light my path to where the old chair is
>all of a sudden eyes, breathing and movement all around me
>shit my pants
>shit my pants hard
>pic related
>Those mother fuckers

Seriously couldnt tell they were lying there and I must have woke them.

>Catch my breath
>Lol heartily at cowbros
>Stargaze with cowbros

The picture is all green because I have a green back on my iphone4 which causes terrible green glare when I use the flash
>>
I have standard paranoias like: bears, people who are up to no good, etc. But a newly discovered one is the mysterious /x/ shit that might be going on innawoods. I read one of those Missing 411 books and even though nothing like that has ever come close to happening to me, and I won't stop camping/hiking, it makes me a tiny bit nervous.

For anyone who hasn't heard of the books, some retired cop has done a shitload of research into the innawoods missing persons cases that defy conventional explanations. Creepy.
>>
>>426659

Op here. That's David Paulides who wrote the Missing 411 book. These radio interviews make for 3spooky5me listening for any sc/out/

http://youtu.be/y9yxOH_qMKo
>>
>>426618
I made sure to kill some fruit and put their ghosts into a nice basket for him
>>
>>426488
>>426496

See: >>426663 and note the eerie commonalities . . .
>>
>>426656

I fucking knew those were Herefords or Hereford crosses the second I saw them. I think I may need to get off the farm more often.
>>
>>426609
I had the same dream as a kid, Two sphere like rocks, one was infinitely big and the other infinitely small but somehow existing in the same view. My eyes would be wide open and i would be screaming but asleep at the same time. weird
>>
>>426208

THE ONLY time I ever thought I saw a real unidentifiable flying object(s) it was just like this, white dots flying randomly, almost as if they were dogfighting but then flying away in formation, no appearance of blinking or flashing as you would expect from birds. They gave me the impression they were quite small, even from the distance, like washing machine size max.

Weirdest thing it wasn't even innawoods, it was above a suburban are in England called Crayford.

Also, I remember what direction the flew off in formation, exactly South. My dad also remembers seeing something extremely similar nearby, in danson park, many years ago.
>>
>>426656

MOoOoOoOOOOOooooooOOOOooooooOOooOOOoOOOOOOoooOOOooOOOOOOoOOooOOOOOOOOOOooOOOooOoOo
>>
File: MOOOOO.png (217KB, 637x429px) Image search: [Google]
MOOOOO.png
217KB, 637x429px
>>426656
>>
>>426609
>There were just things like large spheres which were simultaneously big and small, like viewing something incredibly large from afar. They were also both loud and quiet at the same time
Holy fuck are you me

I can even sometimes do this late at night in bed as I drift off/visualize. I can feel my body as being almost infinitely large and viewing/feeling it from an unimaginable distance. Trippy feeling
>>
>>426782
>>426793
>>426795

OP here. Back from my night in the caravan, cowbros didn't eat me so all is well. If cows can shit me up like that I cant imagine how on edge you must be camping alone in bear/wolf/mountain lion/coyote country. It must be a whole new ball game.

>>426488
>>426609
>>426789
>>426802

I used to have a recurring dream about being shown things that were huge and tiny simultaneously. In the dream the beings that were showing me these objects seemed to delight in my discomfort of not being able to understand how such objects could even exist. I have a friend who used to get night terrors and he experiences the same object size distortions. I can still see those things in my head, both huge and small at the same time...how the fuck does that even work? I havent had those dreams since I was about 3 years old though. It seems to happen to people when they are young so that makes me wonder if its something to do with brain development?

I still see lines on occasion too, all over my room if I wake suddenly. It must be a common hypnogogic phenomenon, something to do with how our brains are wired.
>>
>>426364
hey its just chilling there, its not fucking anyones shit up
>>
>>423525
>along with with some buckshot rounds

goodman.
>>
>>426477
>that pic
i snickered
>>
>>426600
>human beans
yeah, assholes are a diamond dozen
>>
>>426461
at least it was a polite ghost and didnt cock block you
>>
>>426469
did you say good bye back you rude mother fucker?
>>
>>426461
>>426469
>>426618
i wish i could believe these
>>
>>426600
sauce on webm anyone? that shit is spoopy
>>
File: 1334211668064.jpg (6KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
1334211668064.jpg
6KB, 450x338px
>>427140
At least they had their priorities straight

>>427142
Well dude, I'm sure there's a gorillion explanations for what it all was, but that stuff did really happen.

I do think it was a SPOOK though, since the following year I went up to school to visit, and some guys I knew that moved into the house were throwing a party, so I went to hang out. I'd never told very many people about what happened, but I asked one of them if anything weird had happened to them in the house, and he got this sudden serious look on his face as he told me about this little girl they would hear sometimes, so something definitely wasn't kosher there. The only strange thing about the whole situation is that the person who'd OD'd the year before I moved in was a 20 something year old guy, so I don't know where a little girl fits into the history of the house.
>>
>>423415
I live in ct on the edge of the meshomasic and we have virtually unused forest with crystal clear wild trout streams and plenty of wild game from turkey to coyotes. You must live somewhere really shitty because I have only seen hunters once and atvs also only once and in a different forest and I have never seen a pollution warning in my life (not counting the toxic algae warning on my local lake).
>>
>>423415
Come to Australia bro, you will have lots of wild adventure miles away from anything.
>>
>>423528
I feel the same way. Seeing the image of a grey always gets my heart racing. They're terrifying.
>>
>>424963
Fucking brothers man
>>
>>426902
>In the dream the beings that were showing me these objects seemed to delight in my discomfort of not being able to understand how such objects could even exist.
Sounds like some ayyys were tormenting you for the lulz
>>
Skinwalkers/wendigos
Mountain lions
Bears
Crazy meth-heads
Actual satanists or crazies that are going to keep me captive and torture me or some shit

But mainly things that are going to eat me and wear my skin, and use it to eat the rest of my friends/family
>>
>>426488
>>426609
Dreams like that are the worst. It reminds me of when I was 12 and I had this weird dream that's difficult to describe. It was basically like little dots slowly moving over a black background and more of them kept popping up and eventually they just formed this messy pattern and I felt intense fear out of nowhere and started screaming so loud my mum was trying to wake me up for 10 minutes. I could hear her but didn't understand and still felt petrified.
>>
>>427345
hey, fellow ct bro here!
i thought you might be farmington bro that i've talked to from here and /o/ but i looked up where that forest was. i feel ashamed to say i've never heard of it before
>>
>>427378
Sounds more like he's been reading some HP Lovecraft than anything else.
>Non-Euclidean geometry, Non-Euclidean geometry everywhere

Also, what a hack this Missing 411 David Paulides go. What a joke.
>>
>>423345
Dont even joke about saucers.. me and my friend saw one one late night while outside a cabin.. still cant comprehend that it was real. that fucked me up good for a while..
Cant even understand ppl being afraid of animals or people.. i would not mind getting stabbed by a crazy person while /out/ as long as the aliens dont abduct me
>>
>>426018
Pretty much impossible to stay calm. We're most vulnerable while sleeping and we know it so when you wake up unable the move and possibly hallucinating your instincts take over and activate panic mode
>>
>>427345
>>427495
oh hey im that farmington anon
>>
File: 1386923273732.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1386923273732.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>424938
>>
>>424938
Hey Sprinks we're goin camping this weekend, wanna come?
>>
>>424950
>we tried to contact anon, but there were no further comments at the present time
>>
Well, in most reported cases it seems the aliens bring the people back. There haven't been any human mutilation cases right?

This incident is similar to OPs nightmare
http://youtu.be/AQ-Pylynhb4
>>
I do not speak for everyone but IMHO irrational fears are a factor of two. Your brain and your T.V.

We have all seen movies, series or any kind of T.V. show for that matter. Which ALL use audio cues to trigger a reaction in the viewers brain to prepare them for either the current scene or the following scene. This is a good portion of what makes watching those T.V. shows fun when done properly.

Now imagine yourself /out and about, alone at night in your tent. And you hear that rustling sound we all fear. Normally when we hear things like this it is immediately followed by a series of images. But now that we are alone in our tent /out there with no help at hand we start filling in those images our self. Can you guess where I'm going with this? I'm sure you do.

I'm not here to make fun of you but i do have some advice to help anyone to over come this fear.

Do not do the following if you are not able to find your way in the dark. If you get lost in the dark you really have something to fear.

Also i never encountered any people at night when I'm /out. But tbh I am not rally scared of that.

1: Identify what you are hearing.
2: Find the courage to leave your tent. (if that means arm yourself to the teeth, do it.)
3: Find the source of the sound you are afraid of. And be convinced it was just a simple noise in the woods that you are going to check out. 8/10 you wont find shit. Because you have already convinced yourself that you heard something while there was no strange sound to begin with. 1/10 it is just an animal minding his own business. 1/10 it is branches falling down trough the trees which can sound pretty scary.
4: go back to tent laugh yourself to sleep.

This is how i dealt with my being /out and about fears. The first time i did this was scary as fuck but it also gave me the feeling of inner strength and the knowledge that i could overcome my fears by facing them.
>>
>>423390
is the movie just "bad" or creepier than the book?
>>
>>427524

I was 3 years old so definitely not reading lovecraft at that point in my life haha
>>
File: skinwalker.jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
skinwalker.jpg
43KB, 500x500px
>>428200

The movie is terrible and loosely based around the book which is an account of a real investigation into the weird goings-on at the skinwalker ranch.
>>
>>428221
Inability to compare two unfamiliar object's size is a symptom of dissociative use. Party hard 3 year old?
>>
>>423345
When I was once doing a fairly isolated hike, I came across a corpse of another hiker, stripped and as it seemed violated. There was no way to contact the police, so I went back. When the night fell I "slept" in the tree, actually rested for 6 hours. Coming back I reported it to the police. That was a fucking stressful hike.
>>
File: lightgun.jpg (11KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
lightgun.jpg
11KB, 259x194px
>>428185

This right here.

Plus,I find it helps if I try to understand WHAT scares me and WHY. We have an instinctual, likely genetically programmed, fear of certain things, because avoidance of those things was necessary for our species survival. We still have those fears today, and project them onto bullshit we make up. examples:

- Werebeasts, monsters, etc. We're afraid of big hairy beasty things, because things like that used to eat us.

-Pale, skinny things with dark eyes: Why is it scary? It's a pretty good indicator of disease, and for thousands of years our only defense against disease was to gtfo.

-Creepy strangers: Contact with strange people in prehistory often meant you got murdered, and your wife and kiddies got stole. (this one is still pretty relevant, actually)

- the darkness, the deep sea, hostile terrain: these are environments where we don't belong.

Also, I always mention this in NOPE threads in /x/... but most fearful situations can be remedied by a liberal dose of pic related.
Thread posts: 209
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.