[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

[ D a i l y - B i k e - T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 385
Thread images: 65

File: Ka6MpDoh.gif (2MB, 359x253px) Image search: [Google]
Ka6MpDoh.gif
2MB, 359x253px
[ D a i l y - B i k e - T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

Gif edition

>Motorcycle Q & A
>Motorcycle Related Cartoons
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Rating
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice

/dbt/ map: Out of date edition
>https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Benchrace your sexy buttocks:
>http://cycle-ergo.com

Benchrace your snazzy helmets:
>https://sharp.dft.gov.uk/

Benchrace in general:
>http://crash.net

Noob? Start here:
>>16832630

Webms with sound:
>>>/wsg/1731263

Previously on /dbt/:
>>17553586
>>
>>17556352 generally on a dirt bike you want to be standing because it gives much more control over the bike, adventure riders are like pretend dirt bike riders so they have to try their hardest to look the part.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-18-00-50-17.png (228KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-18-00-50-17.png
228KB, 720x1280px
Guys. I'm a little drunk rn. OK, a lot drunk.

I need to know what's going on here; I don't even understand rn. I literally can't even.
>>
>>17556682
whoever has been posting the op just hasnt been putting dbt in the title.
>>
>>17556668
Those fucking pigs are so heavy to ride. Wombatanon had to dig holes under the wheels on his AT to pick it back up. Standing helps with the rider center of gravity, from what I feel when I ride.

And it's not like he's a noob.
>>
>>17556682
I wish we got our own board, as a single thread we move faster then all of /po/.
>>
>>17556692
>having a dedicated thread for KK to whore in that no one reads
>>
SAM HYPE
>>
File: FB_IMG_1500358188852.jpg (59KB, 720x894px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1500358188852.jpg
59KB, 720x894px
>>
>>17556690
Couple months ago came a cross a dude riding a ktm 1290 paving the way for some of the more apprehensive dirtbike riders in a fairly technical bush ride during wet autumn season.

Some of the descents were 50 degrees over loose pine and sand with wallowed out drops full of roots. Guess you just need to be able to sack up.

I can't talk, I was just idling along on my XR the whole time while everyone else suffered.
>>
>>17556720
Descents aren't hard, its the ascent that takes skill.
>>
>>17556682
Sorry bud I was trolling.
>>
>>17556733
Wrong.

Dont spill it. Even clutching it down in first is hard. The idea is again to not break traction. Trust me, I'm a namefag. Lol
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (638KB, 1967x1097px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
638KB, 1967x1097px
>>17556733
Quite a few pussied out on those, too.
There were a few 100~ft hills with crossing ruts and roots near the top, but what killed most guys was the huge dig during the runup that fully compressed those that hit it too hard. Just digging around on my SD card seeing if I can find any pics, but fisheye a shit for depth perception.

Not my cam, but this was halfway down.
>>
File: red clay hill.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
red clay hill.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>17556746
Honestly looks like your average trail to me and it would be much harder getting up that hill there than going down it.
>>
>>17556764
A fair amount harder up it, not sure if clay/dirt would be worse for traction. Sand just moves out under you whereas dirt just slips.
You couldn't get up them on foot to help anyone out, the ground was too soft and steep and littered with exposed roots and punky wooden logs.
Of the 300 or so riders there that day, I reckon a good 3/4 opted for the blue (easy) flag routes over the red.
>>
File: rutted sand hill.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
rutted sand hill.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>17556779
It is worse there is just no traction at all on the clay unless it is dry, where i live is all either sand or red clay.
and it's always that way, 90% of people i ride with can't do the hard trails around my area which is fair enough, all about having fun and all that.
>>
So guys; I'm looking to make a long trip in the next month or two. Like, thousand miles long, probably over two days. I'm a new rider(started a couple months ago) and I'm pretty confident in my control of my bike, but I feel there's a lot I don't know about longer rides.

What considerations should I have for my first multi-day trip? I have storage space, a 3L hydration pack, self-defense considerations, emergency backup phone...
>>
Why do bikers think that every little thing that happens on the road is a near death experience?

This little thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKWDutab6G8&t=67

Made him afraid for his life:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKWDutab6G8&t=145
>"it's my fucking life. you don't care"

For a bunch of wannabe badasses who love to talk shit about """""cagers""""" you sure are a bunch of pussies who cry for mommy easily.
>>
>>17556794
I've always hated sand here in NZ, but having been on my fair share of clay I'll admit that sand seems to outweigh clay in both comfort and forgiveness, even if you have to peg it in 2nd every single time.

Most of the guys I ride with either run watercooled 4ts or strung 2ts while I plod along with my 140/70 rear XR400 making new ruts, so I hear you on the having fun.
>>
>>17556845
Didn't even bother to watch.

You're the one trying to validate your testosterone by judging others doing something you don't do.
>>
>>17556845
Edit: i am silly
>>
>>17556854
based
>>
>>17556854
>Didn't even bother to watch.

So basically, you're proud of being uniformed of the point being made, yet you still expect people to participate in the discussion.
Do you realise how not only stupid, but also arrogant this makes you look?

Sad.
>>
>>17556869
Your posts are whats sad m8
>>
>>17556845
>>17556869
big fan of your work
>>
>>17556869
I own a car and 3 bikes.
I've driven more and ridden more than you have, I'm more than capable of forming my own opinions of my riding/driving and of those around me better than you can. Your point is irrelevant, mostly because I don't ride/drive in your country/area but also because I don't pretend I'm better than everyone as you so clearly display otherwise.

Ride a bike, see what it's like - until you show proof you own and have ridden a bike, you wont understand and you're just talking shit about the people you have claimed talk shit.

Hypocrite, I've given you two (YOU)'s now.
>>
File: 3hundi.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
3hundi.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>17556851
yeah im one of those guys, my 300 is well beyond stock standard and it really does help being on a bike that is light/powerful in tight shit, twist of the throttle gets you over most obstacles instead of having to manhandle the bike over shit, kinda makes your day more enjoyable when you aren't using all of your energy pulling bikes over logs all day lol
>>
File: download.jpg (13KB, 277x182px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13KB, 277x182px
>>17556881

Why would I value the opinion of someone so arrogant that they literally bragged that they didn't bother to watch the provided video before they forming an opinion on it?
>>
>>17556892
It doesn't matter whether or not you value a single opinion, as two other anons have already proven you're just full of (YOU)'s.
>>17556882
Tbh I wouldn't mind just a KDX200 again, I'm a little too heavy for them to have merit under the band but it's really hard to ignore grunt at tickover.

It's also really hard to ignore sheer mass at every single point of the ride, everyone always gives me shit like "I didn't know Honda had a museum, when did you break in and steal that tractor?".
>>
>>17556892
>implied all bikers
>video of one single individual out of the hundreds of millions of 'bikers' on the planet
why does this thread get trolled so much
>>
>>17556899
Why do people actually react?
>>
>>17556899
>one single individual

>implying you've never cried about how a car "NEARLY KILLED ME" over a minor road incident
>>
>>17556845
It's a poo in the loo noob, what did you expect?
Not every biker is a perfect human being, just like not all cagers are. What are you trying to prove?
>>17556908
There was no incident in that video, what are you talking about?
Obviously if there actually was an incident then it's would have been a near death one because if you didn't notice the only protection bikers have is in the clothes they wear.
>>
>>17556902
because i believe some people really do draw a line between cars and bikes and hate on the other when both should be enjoyed by any automotive enthusiast and each appreciated for what they are because they are vastly different

>>17556908
if it makes you feel better to make up such assumptions about people you actually know nothing about then good for you, just keep them to yourself
>>
>>17556914
>There was no incident in that video

Considering he raged the fuck out, called the driver a crazy maniac, then claimed he could have been killed, it's fair to say he believed there was.
>>
>>17556919
>he believed there was
And? There wasn't one.
>>
>>17556917
>if it makes you feel better to make up such assumptions about people you actually know nothing about then good for you, just keep them to yourself

t. special snowflake

I've had countless motorcycle owning friends over the years, and every single one, without exception, has at one point claimed that "they could have been killed" when referring to a minor road incident.
>>
>>17556930

That's the point.
Over every minor incident, even incidents so minor an outside observer thinks they don't exist, bikers cry about "I could have been killed".

Why are bikers such pussies?
>>
>>17556936
'Minor' is subject to individual perception.
When cagers just don't bother to look, people die. Simple as that.
>>
>>17556948
>People should want to die, that's the only way to not be a pussy
t. Safety exoskeleton pilot.
>>
Can an 80's bike handle well or are they all like harleys?
>>
>>17556952
>When cagers just don't bother to look, people die. Simple as that.

Why are "le cagers" responsible for your safety?
If you choose to use a vehicle that is inherently harder to see, why should they be required babysit you?
>>
>>17556948
He's a noob. And a poo in the loo.
Same shit happens with cagers.

Again, what's your point?
>>
>>17556692
Paper and origami?
>>
>>17556967
>Again, what's your point?

Did you even read the post you replied to?

>>17556948
>Over every minor incident, even incidents so minor an outside observer thinks they don't exist, bikers cry about "I could have been killed".
>Why are bikers such pussies?
>>
>>17556965
They aren't responsible for my safety, just of their actions.
"Oh whoops" isn't exactly the poster child of responsibility, is it? Maybe people shouldn't drive cars if they can't see further than their foreskin.
>>
>>17556960

It's not about "not wanting to die".
It's about being so terrified about being hurt that they're in a constant state of hysteria.
>>
>>17556987
>Cagers get to be complacent and it's encouraged
>When a rider wants to be aware it's a mental illness

In all fairness, the danger is known before putting a leg over the bike, but still.
>>
>>17556987
>>17556948
I've been where you are on a lot of things. As far as I can tell, these people make a decision, conscious or subconscious, to make the situation worse. To exacerbate their own feelings until they rage out of control. Freaking out like that doesn't happen just as a simple reflexive response, it has to bounce around in the head and get worse and worse.

For me, it was realizing that people scream and throw up when they see a dead body. That really never made sense to me and still doesn't, but people do it. It's not really anything to do with bikers, but something an individual goes through.
>>
>>17556984
>They aren't responsible for my safety

Bullshit. Around there world there have been "look out for motorcycles" campaigns for decades.

Why should people have to babysit you because you choose to use a vehicle that is inherently harder to see, and offers zero crash safety?
>>
>>17556965
do you understand what the term 'duty of care' means?
'cagers' aren't responsible for riders safety
'cagers' are responsible to not endanger other road users by their actions. same goes for any other vehicle

>>17556936
how can you know it was a minor road incident as you put it?

the video you posted was an overreaction and aside from passing in a no-passing area there was nothing wrong, nobody is disagreeing with this.
>>
>>17556979
>Did you even read the post you replied to?
Yes, I did and I could say
>Why are cagers such pussies?
It's the same.
>>17556965
>Why are "le cagers" responsible for your safety?
Because everyone on the road is responsible for their actions and they could put other road users in danger with them?

This guy is a retard, right? He thinks a couple of videos of noobs complaining is definitive proof of bikers being pussies, meanwhile he choses to ignore all the cagers material.

Nigger wake up, we always make fun of retarded bikers that cry for no reason like for that snowfag video where he bitches because some boomer on a adv bike overtakes him in a corner.
>>
>>17557001
>Why should people have to babysit you

Last I knew, there was a visual test before getting a license. I agree with you, anyone that is unable to see a 300kg piece of equipment going down the road should never be allowed on the road again.
>>
>>17557001
You mean it's not your responsibility to not hit other vehicles with your car?

Are you retarded or trolling?
>>
>>17556965
So because you drive a 5-7 seat vehicle that is larger than a motorcycle you have the right to kill motorcycle riders?
Does this also mean trucks are allowed to do the same to you because you drive a tiny car that is hard to see?
>>
>>17557014
>Are you retarded

Clearly you are.
The point being made is that motorcycles are more difficult to see, and require more vigilance.

But why the fuck should car drivers be more vigilant because of your choice to use a more risky vehicle?

It's like a guy coming to work nude, and demanding the heat be turned up because he is cold.
>>
>>17557027
>Are more difficult to see

Are you being serious?
How can you see a car but not a bike?
That's enough (YOU)'s from me, enjoy the rest of your afternoon or morning, as it were.
>>
>>17557021
>the right to kill motorcycle riders

This is exactly what I've been saying!
Bikers, as you have demonstrated, have a hysterical fear of getting injured by evil "le cagers"
From talking about demanding car drivers babysit you, you immediately jump to "le cagers think they have a right to kill us!!!"
>>
>>17557035

Are you literally going to claim that an object with maybe one fifth the frontal area of another larger object isn't more difficult to see?

LMAO
>>
>>17557027
Why the fuck should truck drivers have to be more vigilant for car drivers?
>>17557036
This is exactly what i am talking about, cagers as you have demonstrated, have a hysterical fear of getting injured by evil "le truck drivers"
from talking about demanding truck drivers babysit you, you immediately jump to "le truck drivers think they have the right to kill us!!!"

Trucks should just be banned from the roads as they are a danger to us civil car drivers.
>>
>>17557027
>The point being made is that motorcycles are more difficult to see, and require more vigilance.
You never said anything about that before.
Still, your point? Pedestrians are even harder to see, no one with half a brain would complain about that though.

Roads aren't made for cars only. No one forces you to drive. If you wanna drive try to not hit other vehicles.

Lmao, seems to me like you're the one behaving like a little bitch here, not bikers. Get out of here, clown.
>>
File: 1288162081269.jpg (57KB, 400x334px) Image search: [Google]
1288162081269.jpg
57KB, 400x334px
>>17557046
>You can't spot anything other than a car on the road

Literally grey dawn tier.
>>
>>17557046
If you can't see other vehicles you can't drive. No one warned you?
>>
>>17557053
>Why the fuck should truck drivers have to be more vigilant for car drivers?

Please show me an image of a billboard telling truck drivers to watch out for cars.

I'll wait.
>>
>>17557046
>are you literally going to claim a 5-6ft tall motorcycle with a light on the front of it is hard to see
are you literally blind or something?
bikes all have their lights on, most can't turn them off, how many cars drive around in daylight with their lights on?
sweet fuck all do, so who is easier to spot, the bike with its light on or the car with no lights on?
>>
File: 37.png (917B, 306x39px) Image search: [Google]
37.png
917B, 306x39px
Anyway, time for dinner.
>>
>>17557084
>im retarded so i was only trolling
why is this a common excuse for being retarded anyway?
>>
>>17557086
Tbh it was fairly transparent and I've been waiting for my pork roast to be done.

Not him btw. It is easy to be or pretend to be ignorant, though lol jk is a fairly pathetic copout.
>>
>>17556948
S E E T H I N G
E
E
T
H
I
N
G
>>
It's funny how the moment he's accused of being a little bitch he doesn't respond anymore.

Go cry to your momma, bitch.
>>
Is a cb500 shit?
>>
>>17557076
What is wrong with your brain?

Do you live in Thailand or some hell hole where people drive like retards and that's okay?
>>
>>17557116
No, its a good.

>writing report for semester-long project
>in LaTeX
>write for 2 hours, saving regularly
>open another file in vim
>go back to tex document
>it's fucking gone
WHAT THE FUCK
NOOOOOOOO
>>
>>17557126
that's what you get for being a tryhard
>>
>>17557131
It's what I get for not checking my changes into svn when I saved.
>last version is from 2 days ago before I completely restructured it
>60 pages so far, have to basically rewrite everything and add shit
>deadline is Monday
JUST
>>
>>17557137
the city of LaTeX
>>
>>17556965
Why should getting into a motor vehicle allow you to abdicate from your responsibility not to kill those in close proximity to you?
>>
>>17557046
Why should truckers bother to avoid accidents with cars? People should just stop driving cars which are harder to see than massive trucks. Its their own damn fault.
>>
What's the danger in putting a 150 width rear tire tire on a 180 rated bike?
>>
>>17557189
Will probably be really unstable.

Also might rip off in a corner dunno
>>
Riding these toys on the street is irresponsible and dangerous. People just aren't looking hard enough for stuff with such a small profile as a motorcycle. Grow up and get a car.
>>
>>17557189
Do it and ride it sooper aggressively and record it to show us. What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>17557287
hi im here to reply because im fucking retarded
>>
>>17557287
Driving these toys on the street is irresponsible and dangerous. People just aren't looking hard enough for stuff with such a small profile as a car. Grow up and get a truck.
>>
>>17557189
Well, for one, the wheel is probably about an inch and a half too large to even mount a 150 properly.

If you had a wheel to swap in and it fit properly, you'd have less tire on the ground when riding. Turn-in would be quicker and require less effort. Geometry might be a little fucky, but not so drastic as some would lead you to believe. Bikes designed with a 180 typically are done so because of the power they put down. If all you do is put around town and go slow like everyone on this board, you'd probably never notice.
>>
>>17557301
Don't bother telling him about contact patch, tire carcass profile, or wheel widths. Just tell him to do it and show us.
>>
>>17557312
Some folks prefer informed degeneracy.
The only tire size change I advocate is going from 180/55 to a 180/60.
>>
I'm going to be moving up from a YBR 125 to an R1200R, is that crazy?
>>
>>17557317
Why though? Have you ever ridden a 600?
>>
>>17557323
yeah, it was alright. If its 100hp and shaft drive though it can't be that much more powerful than what I was riding on my lessons/test.

Also it looks good.
>>
>>17557317
Every bike is essentially the same if you don't go full retard on the controls. Incremental increases as you learn.
>>
>>17557317
It has lots of torque and it's pretty heavy, but they're not the hardest to ride as they are relaxed.
Get a R1150R (Rockster) though.
>>
>>17556833

A charging port/battery banks and a cheap chink Bluetooth intercom are godsend. I'd also highly suggest a cramp buster/cruise control lock of some sort.

Take lots of breaks, walk around and hydrate, etc. May consider a small bottle with some spare fuel, or just fill up excessively just to be safe
>>
>>17557339
>Get a R1150R (Rockster) though.
>not as powerful
>even more heavy
>doesnt come with heated grips or fuel guage
>looks fucking stupid

literally why
>>
>>17557382
>doesnt come with heated grips
But it does

>literally why
Because it's objectively the better bike. Unless you want common mechanical and electrical failures, then the R1200 is better.
>>
>>17556833
>I'm a new rider(started a couple months ago) and I'm pretty confident in my control of my bike,
lol
>>
>>17556701
No
>>
>>17557287
Don't take risks and do interesting stuff so you can spend more time watching tv, working 5 days a week and talking to people you hate.
>>
File: REEEEEEEE.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEE.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>mfw at least 5 bolts on bike missing and still haven't replaced all of them
>>
File: FB_IMG_1500381197121.jpg (17KB, 602x399px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1500381197121.jpg
17KB, 602x399px
I've checked for false air and there was no leaks.. I checked my float levels and they were perfect..
What can the problem be then?
I've gone up alot in main jet and also added a washer on the needle
It's a gs500e
>>
>>17557449
order some bolts right now you butthole
>>
File: the regal penis.png (221KB, 330x320px) Image search: [Google]
the regal penis.png
221KB, 330x320px
>>17557449
>mfw thought a bolt vibrated out after doing an oil change but found it hiding in my tool kit
>>
File: pines.jpg (2MB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
pines.jpg
2MB, 1500x1125px
ADV Bike is Best Bike
>>
are riding jeans worth it for the knee pads basically?
>>
>>17557596
Nah pham. Cruisers best
>>
>>17557612
Cafe racers are best.
>>
>>17557613
Sport nakeds are the best, everybody knows that
>>
>>17557619
I'll take sport touring first tyvm
>>
File: album_pic.jpg (117KB, 612x411px) Image search: [Google]
album_pic.jpg
117KB, 612x411px
i'm going to get a gpz 305bd for 500€ as a second bike.
> will stand outside the whole year
> will be used for short commutes and grocerys
> will be fucking abused because the engine nearly never gets warmed up properly
> all this while my mainbike will sit in a heated garage

either this will be fucking awsome or the gpz will break apart within two weeks.
this is gonna be exciting.
>>
File: NM4_2016_01.jpg (47KB, 755x385px) Image search: [Google]
NM4_2016_01.jpg
47KB, 755x385px
>>17557632
But scooters are so much easier around the city.

Yes, scooters are best.
>>
File: 71JK59xkRkL._UX342_.jpg (30KB, 342x413px) Image search: [Google]
71JK59xkRkL._UX342_.jpg
30KB, 342x413px
>>17557663
Only if in proper gear
>>
>>17556845
Youtube attention whores

>You, you, you, you

No, them. Lrn2understand how reality works. One person on a bike != me.

If I had an angry fag on a bike who just got back from the MSF scare session, i mean, classroom session, for every base model BMW/beat up econobox driving faggot that actually followed me home because I "cut them off" (got in front of them so I could go faster right at the moment they decided that they, too, would stop going 25 in a 30 and go fourty in a thirty for purposes totally unrelated to catching up to me!), I would have a lot of angry spazzes on bikes. Enough to start a whole racing series.

The whiney 250.
>>
Fucking partzilla.
Like the only place I could find the part I need, Ordered it last thursday, paid for expedited shipping, doesn't even start it's ship til tomorrow.
Meanwhile my new tire gets here today.
That part better fucking come in by friday so I can ride this weekend.
>>
>>17557663
what makes a scooter any better in the city?
>>
>>17557695
Being a faggot that can't shift worth shit or perform sharp low-speed turns on bigger bikes mostly

Motorcycles are for people who want to git gud and enjoy an engaging driving experience
Scooters are for people who don't care and are only riding because they couldn't afford a car or find a parking spot
>>
What do you guys think of the fz07? My local dealer has one for $4500 with 6k miles. Is there a cheaper alternative for a cute nakey bike?
>>
>>17557705
So basically the argument of auto vs manual.
>>
Is "slow bike fast" a meme that doesn't belong on public streets?

>"You can push it because it's a 250. Low displacement magically makes you less likely to crash when cornering harder than you should given the environment. Slow bike fast!"
>dangerous asshole^
>"It's cool to go WOT everywhere, it's just a 250. Slow bike fast!"
>^dangerous asshole who forgot 5-6 seconds to 60 is just "fast" and not "slow bike fast"
>"my sumo is down on power but hektik skids. slow bike fast."
>^dangerous faggot
>"The ruckus might top out at 40mph but you just don't understand the experience. I could live on this thing. Muh MPGees. It's slow bike fast."
>^dangerous faggot but mostly to himself

>>17557720
if autos had a really fucked up seating arrangement that made them more difficult to control the harder the Gs, tiny wheels and short-travel suspensions ill suited to anything and everything, dirty-burning overstressed engines, and the high speed stability of a broken tricycle
>>
>>17557716
it's great but the fuel tank is tiny.
>>
>>17557467
Does the engine run or does it sputter?
>>
>>17557738
What's with bikes and tiny fuel tanks

We have fuel in frame now. We could put 4 gallons in the tank and another 4 in the frame.

>muh weight
not a racebike doesn't matter. just add more power.
>>
>>17557705
Wise man once told me you can tell how poverish an area is based on how many scooter riders there are
>>
>>17557744
>not a racebike just add more power

you can't be serious
>>
>>17557752
carrying 50lbs of fuel instead of 20lbs isn't a big enough deal to do even that

so what, your 420lb bike after a fill is now a 440lb bike after a fill, but the extra weight is better distributed? oh fucking no, how will you benchrace now

>don't fill up with all 8 gallons
>>
>>17557764
just stop posting. 150 miles is plenty from 1 tank.
>>
>>17557606
could also save you some skin
>>
>>17557736
>slow bike fast
It's not about safety, it's about enjoyment. Having to baby the throttle because if you go hard you'll do 200+ kph isn't fun.
>>
>>17557778
>150 miles is plenty

Do you ride or do you just venture out in search of gas stations?

I'd rather have a choice between a normal amount of fuel in the frame and that plus a little extra further up. That way, the bike can be even better for benchracing when needed and infinitely more practical the rest of the time.

Also add a toggleable supercharger for when you want to burn through the extra gallons faster
>>
>>17557764
It's almost the highest point of the bike, it actually makes a big difference.
>>
>>17557785
with all the speed cameras anywhere my Africa twin seems too fast for commuting and two wide for lane splitting.
>>
>>17557778
It's really not. I need it you just go from home to the cafe I'm sure you'll be fine
>>
>>17557790
>have your usual four gallons in the frame
>using the extra four gallons worth of space up top is now optional unless you want the extended range
>if you used the extra space, the weight distribution would be identical a normal bike with a heavier frame

Yeah, that would make a big difference. It would make the bike better.
>>
>>17557789
>in search of gas stations

150 miles at legal speeds will take over 2 hours in a straight line on the interstate. how many gas stations will you pass? 40?
>>
>>17557778
>150 miles
I get 100 from my 3 gallon tank.
Maybe 120 if I go easy.
If I ever do a long ride, I'm going to have to buy a jerry can.
Fucking miss my enduro with it's almost 10 gallon tank. Couldn't go fast, but I could go far.
>>
I've recently gotten into motorcycles, and I was wondering what would be a good first bike for someone who hasn't done any of this before?
>>
>>17557805
ninja 300.
>>
>>17557802
40? What.
You ever driven in the middle of the country, there are plenty of stretches that'll make you question if you have the range.
>>
>>17557805
fz07
>>
So, how often does /dbt/ run from the cops?

Do you run because the ticket you'd get otherwise would fuck you? Or have you ever just ran because you can get away?
>>
>>17557778
My bike holds almost 15liters
It does 5l/100km (actually lower, but for the sake of the argument)
SEM is some 300km away
This means i could do the entire sem on 3 tanks and have some to spare

>>17557805
Any small/midsize naked or standard
650s are more easy than 600s because 600 is the race replica class
800 is for touring
Ecc
>>
>>17557805
Harley Davidson Vrod
>>
>>17557812
then you need to invest in a jerry can or move to civilization.
>>
>>17557818
Never because I'm not a filthy nigger
>>
>>17557805
>>17557807
This.
Or any small bike such as this.
Something older so you can learn to wrench on it.

Someone really aughta make something, like pastebin, with all the info for people new to bikes. Seems this stuff gets asked alot
>>
>>17557818
Once in 5 years of riding
Was doing 150 in a 50, poor punto didn't even have the time to turn on the lights before i was gone
Had to get home fast, was 'bout to shit my pants

>>17557831
http://www.a2bikes.com
It's great, even for non brits
But some autist keeps removing it and the map from the OP
>>
>>17557802
150 miles at legal speeds with legal but sketchy acceleration, on the other hand, won't get you far

>>17557805
A friendly and cheap introduction to motorcycling:
Ninja 650 or 500
Kawasaki ZR-7
DRZ400, KLR650, DR650

Hang with the repliracers without killing yourself, hopefully:
CBR600F4i
Honda hornets (CB600F/650F/919F)
VFR800
Yamaha FZ series

Scared of everything but want to look cool anyways/track day toy:
300/250cc sportbike

Scared of everything and want to look cool, but have the wrong idea of what cool is:
Honda grom

Just scared of everything:
Suzuki VanVan 200
>>
>>17557828
Jerry can is the plan if I have to go anywhere far.
I'm just saying the numbers are wrong.
Also, do you just stay in one place forever. Personally I like to travel, and that requires going through bumfuck nowhere.
>>
>>17557839
Shitbike don't buy this it's crap:
GS500
>>
>>17557835
Idk if it was supposed to be something like bikes relating to the A2 license and it changed, but it's a bicycle website.
>>
>>17557846
where in bumfuck nowhere is there no gas for 100 miles?
>>
>>17557807
>>17557831
Ill look into the Ninja. Thanks.
>>17557814
Wait, Yamaha makes bikes?
>>17557839
Ill look into all of these too.
>>
>wait, Yamaha makes bikes?

b8
>>
>>17557861
http://a2bikes.co.uk
?
>>
>>17557869
Usually west, but not coast.
Like Nevada, Utah, new mexico. Possibly something in Texas.
I know I've had some sketchy times in a truck with shitty mpg.
Shit's out there if you travel enough
>>
>>17557901
fair enough. i don't ride in the southwest. seems highly sketch and full of weirdos.
>>
>>17557893
I'm sorry, but it really is a surprise that my cousin's piano came from the same people who makes motorcycles.
>>
>>17557896
Ok, yeah, that one makes sense.
Never actually saw it in the op as I don't look at the op too much.
Should probably put it back there. Would lead to less what should I get as a beginner bike questions.
>>
>>17557914
Yeah, i like it
It's certainly more informative than that 12 year old sticky and with a co.uk it's unlikely it's some anon shilling his site
>>
>>17557910
Very much so.
Blaine county in GTAV is based off of the area of my home town.
Stab city, the trailer park in the game is an actual place, called the slabs in real life. Full of druggies and people who live off the grid, usually conspiracy theorists the both, if you're not careful, they'll sell your organs.
>>
>>17557805
just get a 600 pussy
>>
>>17557911
I have a Yamaha 300 guitar
>>
>>17557929
I didn't actually go into it, just scrolled the front a little.
But seemed legit enough, about as legit as asking what to buy from people on 4chan.
>>
Getting a brand rear wheel, the mechanic said I need to be very very careful on the way back home as its going to be raining tomorrow as well, am I going to die?

Do I just roll on the throttle really really carefully?
>>
>>17557964
You mean a tire? It's not that bad honestly, just take it easy.
>>
File: tumblr_nn58vcOius1titub2o1_500.jpg (40KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nn58vcOius1titub2o1_500.jpg
40KB, 499x499px
>mfw picking my new bike up tomorrow
>its about ten times more powerful than my previous one
>>
>>17557778
ur dum bud
>>
>>17558056
Tell bike name?
>>
>>17558056
You went from a 20hp bike to a liter peter?
>>
>>17557740
well at 3/4 throttle it starts to bog and die
>>
>>17558066
Moving from a YBR 125 to a R1200R.

>>17558098
10hp to 109hp.
>>
>>17558104
Don't forget to have fun while you shit yourself :^)
>>
>>17558109
I did my test on a XJ6, 76bhp.

R1200 has a shaft drive, which takes away 20% of the power, so in reality its got 88bhp, and its a little heavier than the XJ6, so its not exactly a huge step up as the numbers may suggest.
>>
>>17558133
Only does it have all the power from idle and doesn't it kill 20% of the power

Also have fun regretting the 1200 after the 20th failure while the R1150s have way less problems.
>>
>>17558144
and your evidence is?

I got the 1200 anyway because it comes with satnav, abs, heated grips and full luggage for a really good deal.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>17558056

oh boy, i remember the feeling when i changed from 30hp to a 100hp r1100s.

just remember to press your knees to the tank, have some body tension and once the gas is cracked open ..
>>
>>17558156
>and your evidence is?
Dealer stories, internet and personal experience.
But don't trust someone who has had an 1150 for 150k km and a 1200 for 40k km

Fun fact, that 1150 was way more reliable at 180k than the 1200 on 60k.
>>
>>17558160
My first bike had 100hp

Only crashed once

>Upshifting before hard cornering what could go wrong
>it'll make the throttle smoother
>2000RPM is a good speed for this engine it's like a car right?
>WRONG
>>
>>17558168
>I got a duff bike therefore all other bikes are bad
>>
>>17558178
>hurr I have a common problem so others are fine
>>
>>17558177
Heavy bike?
>>
>>17558211
>2000 rpm
>>
>>17557881
Yamaha makes really shitty motorcycles don't listen to anyone who says otherwise.

SUZUKI is the best
Kawasaki a second

honduhhhhh is shit

Nonjap bikes are a meme except for Aprilia
>>
File: IMG_20161010_090226.jpg (4MB, 4000x2992px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161010_090226.jpg
4MB, 4000x2992px
Don't listen to the slanty eyed jew
Aprilia a best
>>
>>17556764
LOL I thought that was a fixed mount ATV cam
>>
File: IMG_3640.jpg (1MB, 2448x1399px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3640.jpg
1MB, 2448x1399px
>>17558367
>Yamaha is shit
>Suzuki is the best

What kind of drugs are you on, senpai?
>>
File: 20170716_125157.jpg (878KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170716_125157.jpg
878KB, 2048x1152px
c'mon post bikes call each other gay
post your bikes post some meme
lets get back to /dbt/ today

>tfw finally took a new pic of biku
>>
>>17558399
>murdered out hurrley
Gee, how original
My neighbours has a white and orange 1200 and it looks somewhat decent
>>
>>17558383
Italian QC is shit.

At least the ones that do make it past 10k miles will generally go 90k more
>>
>>17558405
Please stop conflating all italian brands to ducati
Aprilias and Piaggios will still run long after human extinction
>>
>>17558383
I don't listen to pasta
>>
>>17558404
>murdered out
>100% stock except bags
>chrome
>silver tank
>more chrome
>silver spokes
>murdered out

wtf are you on m7
>>
File: Both Baiku together.jpg (3MB, 3000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
Both Baiku together.jpg
3MB, 3000x2250px
>>17558399
'82 CM250C and '81 GL500 Silverwing I picked up this weekend. Going from 17 to 46 HP.
Just got her titled and insured, took her out the first time and managed to a) scream fuck,fuck,fuck,fuck the first time I cracked the throttle on an on-ramp, b) chirp the rear wheel and nearly go down while downshifting to pull over for an ambulance, c) push her well past redline while not paying attention on a another on-ramp, d) lock up the front and nearly drop her again on some sand in a parking lot. It was glorious.
>>
File: IMG_20170608_172944.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170608_172944.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>17558421
You should
>>
>>17558442
I clearly shouldn't. I haven't seen much proof of them being right ever.
>>
>>17558439
>dat busted ass lens tho

also
>faggot
>>
File: still no grom.png (157KB, 497x685px) Image search: [Google]
still no grom.png
157KB, 497x685px
>>
File: batt.jpg (139KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
batt.jpg
139KB, 800x600px
>Bike has been sitting for some 3 years
>Carbs has been drained at the time
>Tank drained to the best of my abilities at the time
>Battery has been taken out at the time and topped off every once in a while

What should I do to make the motorcycle run again? I'm planning on making it run for a few minutes, warm it up and replace the oil, although I don't have an oil filter. Is too bad idea to reuse the filter currently there?

Tank seems to have rusted inside too :(
>>
>>17558414
Oh no, aprilia is the same

Shivers either spin a bearing and lunch the engine while in warranty or they don't.
>>
Okay, so... what's going on?

Bike is okay while riding, but starts to get really hot when idling. Second fan kicks in to cool it down again and the cycle continues until I start to ride.
>>
>>17558546
bike cooling systems are weak and depend on airflow

bike engines are really packed the fuck in there, especially water cooled ones, and heat up fast
>>
>>17558546
Congratulations you have a motorcycle
>>
>>17557869
We have tons of loops in Norcal where there are 100 mile loops in the hills with no gas.
>>
>>17558515
Have new lenses on order (threw in an amber bulb for now to keep po-po happy). Only other required fix at this point is the front brake lever switch, it doesn't turn on the brake lights. Have a new switch on order, and will tear the bad one apart today to see if repairable in the interim.

>also
>>faggot
What brought that on?
>>
>>17558396
>What kind of drugs are you on, senpai?
Good ones.
>>
>>17558439
Please replace the tires on that guzzi wannabe quickly.
>>
What causes my bike to eat alot of fuel? It's a 600cc and I can usually ride around 130km or 80 freedom units before I need to refill again.
>>
File: murdered out.jpg (624KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
murdered out.jpg
624KB, 2048x1152px
>>17558404
this >>17558399 is not murdered out

pic related is murdered out
>>
>>17558590
Your right hand.
>>
>>17558532
Next time drain the carbs but leave the tank as full as you can get it. Drain and use it as weed killer or parts cleaner when you are ready to ride again.
>>
>>17558595
murdered?
this bike is slaughtered
>>
File: nevar forget dbt.png (412KB, 1080x1293px) Image search: [Google]
nevar forget dbt.png
412KB, 1080x1293px
>>17558531
is it old meme day?
why did no one say
>>
File: SwampBrap.jpg (527KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
SwampBrap.jpg
527KB, 750x1000px
>>17557467
I assume you gapped the plugs correctly? BR8ES or B8ES plugs? Check the vaccum hoses, check if the bike only likes running on PRI (mine does), I hope you know how the choke works and revving, check the airbox again and all boot seals, check the fuel filter/screens
check how snug the fuses are in the fusebox,

trying to think of everything I did on my GS
>>
>>17558532
mek new tank from plastic gas can
ride again
>>
>>17558546
>what's going on?

you didn't buy an air cooled is what
>>
>>17558595
>error: failed to load textures
>>
>>17558586
Yeah, should be delivered today. When the discord horde watched the video of my various mishaps on the first ride, it was commented that 'when you skidded, it sounded more like wood sliding on pavement than rubber'.
>>
>>17558600
I see that mentioned everywhere and "add fuel stabilizer", we don't have that here. I live in permanent summer so no one garages up gas powered equipment.
What can I do about the rust that's in there now?
>>
>>17558622
>Buy air cooled
>Just straight up overheats while sitting
>>
>>17558657
Oil cooled then.
>>
>>17558670
muh weight
>>
>>17558670
An oil cooled bike that can idle for days still needs a fan, and so, the "why does my fan keep turning on" question resurfaces.
>>
>>17558684
Move to Canada then. Fan won't turn on on cold climate.
>>
>>17558689
That's only like 4 riding months.
>>
hurr durr just ride your bike instead of idling around, you cuck
>>
>>17558695
>stuck in a huge que
>lanes wide enough to fit two cars abreast
>VFR800 cop right next to you
>you can not see anything on his rear tire that can be described as a "chicken strip", only some balled up rubber
>there's a bit of supercharger whine coming from inside those fairings
>what do
>>
>>17558702
>look at him
>rev to redline
>give him the finger
>dump the clutch
>>
>>17558710
>His friend in a cruiser pulls out in front of you
>>
>>17558718
fuck him
>>
>>17558702
Ask him why he's being a dumbass and not moving to the front clearing the way.
>>
>>17558728
At what point in this story did I say you were riding a harley?
>>
>>17557671
Kinda want to buy that jacket. That was my favorite movie as a kid.
>>
>>17558657
>while sitting

you're doing it wrong
>>
>>17557818
Depends on what im going to get the ticket for. Rolling a stop sign or some thing dumb I'll pull over. If I was racing or maxing out I'm not gonna stop in fear of jail time.
>>
>>17557750
he's not wise at all
probably a boomer asshole
it's just smart as fuck to get a scooter instead of a car in a city
>>17557705
keep telling yourself that
>>17557663
sadly it's a tourer
I need a supersport naked bike like this
>>
File: too smart to city.jpg (634KB, 2000x1476px) Image search: [Google]
too smart to city.jpg
634KB, 2000x1476px
>>17558819
>>
>>17558866
give me one good reason they should buy a car or a full blown motorcycle for the city
>>
>>17558882
not him but motorcycles are like 200% cooler
>>
>>17558819
>keep telling yourself that

it's true. scooters are to motorcycles as leasing self parking crossovers is to owning cars. it's not "smart", it just shows that you lack ability and the passion needed to desire and develop it. it shows that you just don't care. there's nothing smart about not caring, and there's nothing stupid about caring.

if there is anything to be agnostic about, it's this.

scooterfags are not the ubermensch
i just hope to god they have some other interests to fill that void in their lives left by a lack of a real motorcycle

inb4 some colossal faggot says saving on gas money is objectively better. you get what you pay for. if the extra gas brings you happiness then buy the fucking dinosaur juice.

>>17558882
it's funner

also maxi scooters that can carry more shit at higher speeds are significantly fatter than motorcycles that make a similar amount of power.
>>
>tfw bike still not running after weeks of fucking around with plates, cylinders, fluid, seals.
I've reassembled the plates, basket, and springs three times.
I've rebuilt both master and slave cyls, and taken apart and reinstalled three times.
I've bled through easily two gallons of brake fluid with both mightyvac, and reverse flow bullshit, and clutch still will not fully disengage.
>I'm convinced theres an unmovable air bubble in there somewhere.
RIP this bike im going to give it a viking funeral.
>>
starter solenoid escaped it's rubber housing and was dangling 1" away from the drive chain for god knows how long on that last ride
a miracle that didn't go incredibly south
>>
>hardley
>>
>>17558915
You gigantic faggot, are you doing all this with the bike cold?
You have to wait for the oil to reach temp
>>
>>17558959
>hydrolic clutch oil
>ever getting hot
>>
>>17558959
I've let it warm up in neutral, no difference.
Dickface.
>>
>>17558970
My bike has an hydraulic clutch
Forget about how it's actuated, it's still a normal wet clutch
In neutral a film of oil forms between the plates and seals them

>>17558972
You have to let it slip otherwise no oil circulates between the plates
My bike won't start in first if it's winter and motor oil is old
>>
>>17558915
Blue intruder dude?
Did you get the air out of the banjo bolt at the master? If all else fails zip tie the lever to the bar over night. Helps get those last few bubbles out
>>
>>17558984
>You have to let it slip otherwise no oil circulates between the plates

I get that, but it will not go into second because the plates are still engaged, and thats at op temp.
>>17558987
>Did you get the air out of the banjo bolt at the master
I sure fucking hope so, ive spent 10 hours bleeding it, tapping on shit, and fucking with it.
>>
>>17558909
you don't need a scoot for good mpgs, there are plenty of 125 bikes that get just as good.

the only benefit scoots actually have is being a fashion statement.
>>
Anyone in the us ever purchase from burnoutitaly?
>>
>>17558996
Take the cap off the master and loosen the banjo
Spueeze the lever and tighten the banjo then release
Any bubbles come out of the banjo or just fluid?
>>
>>17559004
Yeah shipping takes forever and is pricey. But if you can get it cheaper including the shipping prices, go ahead.
>>
>>17558996
What do you mean it will not go into second?
From neutral or 1st?
Does it grind or is the shifter stiff?
>>
>>17558996
does it go into 2nd with engine off?
>>
>>17559008
Tried that, just fluid.
>>17559018
If its running in N, and i shift to first its a pretty hard push on the lever. And the clutch starts slipping with the bike trying to move forwards quite a bit. I have to hold the brake.
If i try to go from 1st or N to 2nd, it only goes in if i put my damn weight on the lever. Clutch still slips, closer to stalling but will still run.

It sounds like air in the lines to me, but i cant get the shit out.
>>
>>17559034
it will go into second with engine off, with a very hard push on the lever.
>>
>>17559047
Take the clutch lever off and make sure the rod/plunger (whatever you want to call it) is pushing the master cylinders internals properly.
>>
>>17558546
modern bikes run lean as fuck because of the emission jew.
>>
>>17558399
are you an old woman?
>>
>>17559065
I'll do that, again. Its the only thing i haven't replaced at this point.
>>
>>17559047
Sounds super sketchy
My bike disengages almost immediately
>>
File: s-l1600[1].jpg (188KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600[1].jpg
188KB, 1024x1365px
Thoughts on this?

Looks a bit weird but the guy keeps reducing the price so I'll assume he's desperate

can probably get it for a bit over $2000
>>
>>17559017
Do you know if they charge for return shipping? I am looking at an age helmet and based on my measurements I am a large
>>
>>17559119
looks like a total frankenbike
>>
Are the sizing charts online accurate for gear? I don't have access to a motorcycle store so I'm going to have to order online based on the size charts.
>>
>>17559119
Is it a GS 550?
If not it looks too far removed from the 750 it claims to be
Would not touch until it's under 1k
>>
>>17559119
that thing is pretty ugly imo, but if it's what you like that's all that matters, that price ain't that bad.
>>
>>17559138
GSX 750
>>
>>17559135
Sizing is normally from the manufacture
>>
>>17558542
The fuck you on about?
The 1200 and 750 engines are stronk as fuck
>>
File: rho2m971ddaz.jpg (73KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
rho2m971ddaz.jpg
73KB, 720x960px
>>
File: AngryAsianMan.jpg (25KB, 298x321px) Image search: [Google]
AngryAsianMan.jpg
25KB, 298x321px
>>17559359
black people were a mistake
>>
>>17559359
I don't hate it.
>>
File: washed.jpg (4MB, 3984x2241px) Image search: [Google]
washed.jpg
4MB, 3984x2241px
Hey /dbt/ I've got an FZ-07 and I love it, but I think I want something a little larger. Something more useful for highway cruising and going on the occasional trip, but also commuting every day as a primary means of transportation. The FZ-07 is just a bit small for me at six feet tall and about 210 lbs. It's a fun torquey bike and I enjoy the high fuel economy, but I feel pretty cramped on it after an hour or two. My butt gets angry with me after a long ride.

What are some bikes you recommend looking at?

I've always liked American muscle cars, so despite Harleys being shit due to their lack of performance and probably the worst customer base after Apple, I actually kind of like them. The Fat Bob looks sexy as hell in my eyes.
>>
>>17559373
you don't see shit like that in Gambia, Americans were the mistake.
>>
File: onsa.png (98KB, 331x318px) Image search: [Google]
onsa.png
98KB, 331x318px
>>17559359
>>
>>17559386
because they're fucking poor, they couldn't buy dirt.
>>
File: red[1].jpg (106KB, 940x560px) Image search: [Google]
red[1].jpg
106KB, 940x560px
>>17559385
>I've always liked American muscle cars, so despite Harleys being shit due to their lack of performance and probably the worst customer base after Apple, I actually kind of like them. The Fat Bob looks sexy as hell in my eyes.
Pic related.
>>
>>17559386
That's because they don't have the money and the bikes.
>>
>>17559386
>implying African warlords warlords and kingpins don't do this shit too
>>
>>17559359
Better than a harley
>>
>>17559359
How do you even turn?
>>
>>17559406
I don't even think that bike can even slightly turn
>>
>>17559395
>>17559401
>>17559404

there are plenty of wealthy blacks all over the world only a yank would lack the common sense and good taste.

>>17559404
they don't
>>
What's the name of the SAM campsite?
>>
>>17559430
Trump Fagtrons.
>>
File: 1499290789435.jpg (38KB, 432x454px) Image search: [Google]
1499290789435.jpg
38KB, 432x454px
>>17559386
they don't have 120 years of being coddled and treated like pets by rich liberals to make them into children. They also don't have their bad criminal behavior glorified by the media as some pseudo 20th century wild west.
>>
>>17559423
>whites make black people have bad taste
Can't make this shit up
>>
File: CB1000R_F-copy-2.jpg (173KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
CB1000R_F-copy-2.jpg
173KB, 900x675px
IT'S FUKKEN TIME
>>
>>17559490
>a modern naked that doesn't look that absolute garbage and isn't eurotrash
pls be real
>>
>>17559490
honda a shit but that looks good
>>
>>17559498
http://amcn.com.au/editorial/time-blade-based-cb1000r-coming/
>>
>>17559490
That's a neat looking grom
>>
>>17559423
>they don't
goldenAKcollection.jpg

Warlords do tacky shit.
>>
>>17559506
From the thumbnail I thought it was
>>
>>17559400
If you like to wrench just buy a Harley.
>>
File: www.usnews.com.jpg (33KB, 640x420px) Image search: [Google]
www.usnews.com.jpg
33KB, 640x420px
>>17559509
take that back
>>
>>17559490
That's a good looking bike. What exactly is the appeal of naked bikes though? Why would you opt to not have a windshield at all? Seems like having no windshield would make riding at interstate speeds a pain in the ass. Wouldn't having 80 MPH winds hitting your head and chest get a bit old after not much time at all?
>>
>>17559490
Looks like it has the same shitty mirrors as my FZ-07. Jesus the mirrors are so fucking bad on my bike, all I see are my shoulders.

I wish there were a good option to replace the mirrors with bar-end mirrors for cheap.
>>
>>17559504
I hope they bring it to NA
>>
>>17559385
dyna > sportster

t. hab forty-eight
>>
File: 234.jpg (102KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
234.jpg
102KB, 800x800px
>>17559529
>he rides on the interstate
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1024x910px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1024x910px
damn I fucked it up

>oh well
>>
File: CB1000RA_7.jpg (201KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
CB1000RA_7.jpg
201KB, 800x600px
>>17559490
why doesnt it look like the real CB1000R?
>>
>>17559529
>>>/cage/
>>
File: what.jpg (181KB, 700x524px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
181KB, 700x524px
>>17559629
>what is model year
>>
>>17559629
Thank god it doesn't
>>
>>17559490
I'd buy that.
>>
>>17559490
You faggots who complain about the fz's mileage should take a good look at that tank
Also no way the new CB will look like that, new Honda is all about NC and x-adv styling
>>
File: 1462575541513.gif (27KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1462575541513.gif
27KB, 200x200px
>went to my parking garage this morning
>my Grom was gone

Cop I who came by told me it's probably in Mexico already
>>
>>17559586
Any pictures?

Yeah I'd never get a Sportster, that just doesn't make any sense. They're small and not very powerful at all. I rode a 1200 Custom and it was very meh.

The Fat Bob is what interests me the most in the H-D lineup, or maybe the Low Rider S. The only lines that interest me at all are Dyna and Softail.
>>
>>17559651
>no one-sided swingarm
>dumb plate holder
>no place for a seat cowl

nah
>>
>>17559665
I'll give you the single sided swing-arm, but the plate holder and seat cowl are easier to fix than ugly headlight, fairings and non-removable passenger pegs.
>>
File: 1A17B74F31.jpg (233KB, 1177x784px) Image search: [Google]
1A17B74F31.jpg
233KB, 1177x784px
>>17559662
It's for the best anon. Now you can get a real bike
>>
>>17559662
Like they would even bother taking a grom to mexico.
If I had stole it, I'd keep it as like a little pit bike for my kids.
Friend of mine stole a gsxr750, it never made it to mexico, and we live right there.
>>
>>17559642
>>17559589
It was a legit question. For example, if you have to get from Oregon to California in just one day, wouldn't a windshield be nice? Without a windshield I'd imagine it'd get a bit tiring. Don't windshields also offer improved aero for max speed?

I just can't think of a reason to not have a windshield on a bike.
>>
File: 1412334483937.jpg (49KB, 500x356px) Image search: [Google]
1412334483937.jpg
49KB, 500x356px
CONFIRM MY ORDER FOR THE NEW R/R FUCKING COMPANY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>17559662
You stored a bike that can be carried away by one person in a parking garage.
>>
File: file.jpg (73KB, 1600x648px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
73KB, 1600x648px
>>17559678
>if you have to get from Oregon to California in just one day
>>
>>17559678
It does help with exhaustion, but your cruising speeds aren't hurt that bad by not having fairings.
>>
>>17559678
1) the sensation of speed is greater
2) you feel freer
>>
>>17559692
So you'd want to ship your bike down when you could just ride it?
>>
>>17559699
3) you don't ride on the interstate because you're not a fucking harley cruising faggot
>>
>>17559702
no I'd fly, take care of my shit and fly back that evening because I'm not a poorfag and my bike is for the twisties not iron butting it from one shitty state to the shitty part of another
>>
>>17559706
Seriously? If I didn't ride the interstate I'd have to ride on Hwy 99 which is one lane in each direction and there's ALWAYS farm equipment going like 35 MPH with oncoming traffic so you can't pass. Other than Interstate 5 the only road that goes north-south is Hwy 99 which is slow as fuck.

You still think I should avoid the interstate?
>>
>>17559716
I'm moving actually, so flying doesn't make any sense.

Question still stands though. If a windshield offers superior comfort, performance, and fuel economy, without even adding much weight at all, then why avoid a windshield?
>>
>>17558643
Google " reverse electrolysis " You can do it in the tank after you take it off the bike. Just need a battery charger ( automotive type ) and a wood stick a little sheet metal taped to the stick and some baking powder. It'll take a couple of days but it'll be spotless when it's done. Throw a couple of handfulls of old bolts or BBs in with half a can of WD 40 and shake the shit out of it, pour it all out, rinse with a cup of gas a few times ( shaking it ) and you should be good to go.
>>
>>17559732
>moving
well neither does riding your motorcycle you fucking retard
>>
>>17559732
some people like, ya know, being hit by the wind on a motorbike, you dunce.

something something wind in your hair
>>
>>17559723
I think you should move or buy a fucking car. It's like you're whining about no twisties but you live in central kansas. Central kali is absolute garbage, idk why you would even live there desu.
>>
File: resistance-is-futile-Harley.jpg (141KB, 1017x602px) Image search: [Google]
resistance-is-futile-Harley.jpg
141KB, 1017x602px
tfw no harley
>>
>>17559732
>If a windshield offers superior comfort, performance, and fuel economy, without even adding much weight at all, then why avoid a windshield?

indeed
>>
>>17559675
i like the mask actually, especially the LED ring thingy.

how are the passenger pegs not removable?
>>
File: file.jpg (26KB, 630x337px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
26KB, 630x337px
>>17559772
forgot pic
>>
>>17559767
>POO
>IN
>LOO
>>
>>17559776
They hold the exhaust
>>
>>17559767
>Custom™
>>
I would honestly buy a street rod 750 if i wasn't already a hasbike
>>
>>17559732

You know what adds superior comfort, performance, and fuel economy?

Driving a fucking car.
>>
>>17559678
they're just doing some playful ribbing. Windshields are dope and your reasoning is correct. You'd want a bike without a windshield for a context where it's not necessary, such as city riding.

It's all aesthetics anyway.
>>
File: 20170712_175202.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170712_175202.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
>>17559809
>2017
>not buying scramblr
>>
>>17559831
that your wife? post more.
>>
File: laugh face.jpg (117KB, 960x1080px) Image search: [Google]
laugh face.jpg
117KB, 960x1080px
>>17559824
>such as anything except riding in a str8 line at 80mph on the interstate for hours

fixed that for you
>>
>>17559831
You look juicy
>>
>>17559750
>wind in your hair

What did he mean by this?
>>
File: wrenchdoge.jpg (339KB, 1280x956px) Image search: [Google]
wrenchdoge.jpg
339KB, 1280x956px
I fixed the thing and can now adjust the hours as well as the minutes on the dash clock.
>>
>>17559870
if you rode a hog you'd know real men don't wear helmets
>>
>disassemble old bike and store in in my second floor apartment
Bad idea?
>>
>>17559883
But I do.
>>
>>17559884
why would you do this
>>
File: auto.png (890KB, 1080x1082px) Image search: [Google]
auto.png
890KB, 1080x1082px
>>17559912
>real men

yum
>>
>>17559747
My girlfriend is taking her car with all our shit and I want to take my motorcycle rather than have it shipped down for me by a transport service. If I'm going to a place where I'm taking my bike anyway, I'd rather enjoy a ride on the way instead of just fly there or drive a cage. How is this so hard for you to understand?
>>
>>17559884
Just drag it in through the window using an ingenious pulley-based contrivance.
As an added bonus you can do a sicc two storey drop come spring.
>>
question:
the inside palm side of my thumb really hurts after riding for a while should i get better grips or gloves?
>>
>>17559927
If you're not a pussy you will be fine riding with no windshield.
>>
>>17559914
I don't have a garage, I don't have a sell it the place I'm storing it in charges like $300 per year.
>>
>>17559750
>something something wind in your hair
I'm not aware of any helmets that allow your hair to flow freely in the wind. Every state I've ever lived in has required helmets.

If you live in a state that requires helmets and you can't feel wind in your hair, then why get a bike that doesn't have a windshield?
>>
>>17559943
You should get a grip.
>>
>>17559957
Windshields are trash on non-sportbikes (where you normally tuck in) unless you get a huge meter tall pane of plastic which is, again, trash.
Going halfway there just means you get turbulence on your face instead of a smooth airflow.
>>
>>17559756
>Central kali is absolute garbage, idk why you would even live there desu.
I'm not moving anywhere even remotely around there. We have a car, but bikes are much more enjoyable than a 4 cylinder 2013 Camry. I'm not whining about no twisties, I'm just explaining that to get to my destination I have to take the interstate unless I want to go painstakingly slow.

You said interstates are for Harley Davidson cruiser faggots, and I was simply explaining that the interstate is all there is for actually traveling long distances, or even commuting since I commute to another town every day.
>>
>>17559780
That would add a ton of weight though, and I don't think it would actually improve aerodynamics. That doesn't even make sense from a design or function perspective. It's not even a windshield, it's like a pod.
>>
>>17559818
>You know what adds superior comfort, performance, and fuel economy?
>Driving a fucking car.
Seriously? A car gets better fuel economy and performance than a motorcycle? Nobike detected. Comfort, maybe, but absolutely not performance or fuel economy.
>>
>>17560003
I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be closed not to be ridden like that.
>>
>>17558612
Br8es
Not running ok pri. Tried it didn't make a difference
Choke isn't staying on, plenty of slag in the line
Checked for false air before on and after carb
Fuel filter was clean. Also checked fuel lines before and after petcock
Only thing I haven't checked is vacuum line and fuses
>>
>>17559980
>Going halfway there just means you get turbulence on your face
Is this also true while wearing a full face helmet? I'd imagine you wouldn't notice it with a visor and everything.
>Windshields are trash on non-sportbikes
Why is this, what do you mean?
>>
>>17559965
any recommendations? grip length is 7/8" bar 4.75"
>>
>>17560029
How did you check for air leaks? I turn mine on and spray brake clean or whatever at/around the carb boot and if it revs youve got a leak
>>
>>17560036
>>17559980
>>17559824

http://www.laminarlip.com/
>>
File: 05TriumphRocketDrawing.jpg (136KB, 640x317px) Image search: [Google]
05TriumphRocketDrawing.jpg
136KB, 640x317px
>>17559943
You are gripping too hard and the angle of the bars is getting to you putting more weight towards the thumb than the outside of the palm. Make a conscious effort to not grip so hard and adjust your hands in/out. Carry your upper body weight in your torso not on the bars with your hands/arms.
>>
File: bat01.jpg (98KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
bat01.jpg
98KB, 640x480px
>>17559743
Thank you anon, I was thinking about doing some electrolysis thing, I'll research the subject first as we don't have any of those products available in the US to treat rusted tanks.
>>
>>17560046
Renthal® Grips : Grip the Technology™Road Dual Series - containing Kevlar®brand resin
>>
>>17560079
ok i'll try to scoot my palm back, but i still might get some new grips bc these stocks ones are pretty rough.
>>
File: 231481_._original.jpg (73KB, 999x717px) Image search: [Google]
231481_._original.jpg
73KB, 999x717px
>>17560128
I am a progrip man for the most part myself..the 719's and 724's in that order are nice imo
>>
>>17560128
what bike? And yes take a minute and see how light you can grip your throttle and still maintain speed...you can aalso get one of those strap on paddles at a shop for like 8 bucks or something then you have a large paddle to push on instead of gripping the throttle...I bought one myself but don't really use it but for how cheap they are you might want to try it. You just use the weight of your hand instead of maintaining a grip so...yeah
And yes a better more padded glove will also help alleviate issues but it is going to come down to proper weight distribution more-so than anything else
>>
>>17560054
Yep did the same. Brake cleaner also did with butane. Checked it all over but it never raised in rpm
>>
>>17560087
No problem, I did it to a old honda CB360t tank that had been sitting for 30 years and it worked beautifully.
>>
File: 12783630.jpg (143KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
12783630.jpg
143KB, 1024x768px
>>17558399
>>
File: popcorn.gif (691KB, 255x209px) Image search: [Google]
popcorn.gif
691KB, 255x209px
>>17560286
you have a photo backdrop for your biku and you keep it on a turntable
>>
>>17560355

>>17560355

>>17560355

>>17560355
>>
File: KIMG0593.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0593.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>17558399
>>
>>17559943
Try bar-end weights to reduce handlebar shake and/or loosen your grip
>>
>>17559119
>Looks a bit weird
>a bit
>>
>>17559611
Kekaroni
>>
>>17560181
ninja 300

thankyou for your input
>>
File: 20170515_181616.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170515_181616.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
We gsxs750 now
Thread posts: 385
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.