[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

[D a i l y B o t o r c y c l e T h r e a d] - /dbt/t/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 382
Thread images: 68

File: bike.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
bike.gif
2MB, 500x500px
[ D a i l y - B i k e - T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

this a e s t h e t i c motorcycle game looks cool but I don't know what it is even though I've seen it before edition

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Latex bodysuit fetishes
>Motorcycle Erotic Roleplay
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Penis Rating
>Motorcycle Pictures & Webms

/dbt/ map: Meet, Fight, Fuck
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator:
>http://cycle-ergo.com/

Noob? Git gud:
>>>16832611 → →

introspective webbums with sounds:
>>>/wsg/1631495

Previously on /dbt/:
>>17048518
>>
https://youtu.be/6U-hS63KY_A
Thoughts on videos such as these?
>>
>>17051540
I can't get enough of them

and I also have watched hundreds of hours of motorcycle crash videos. I legitimately think I'm a more cautious, if not better rider because of it
>>
I sort of want to buy a decent carb sync/tune tool sub-$80 (dollarydoos) and not a DIY tool solution

Should I even bother buying the tools or just let the shop do it? will my carbs need tuning that often?
>>
https://youtu.be/EaUES3lyZqQ
0:40 lol
>what a fookin wank

British people are funny.
>>
File: river.jpg (2MB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
river.jpg
2MB, 1500x1125px
Early for Spainfest
>>
File: actuallysunny.jpg (2MB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
actuallysunny.jpg
2MB, 2656x1494px
Do anything fun today /dbt/?
>>
>>17051607
took my nighthawk on the interstate again
that's always fun
>>
>>17051607
Picked up fairing from the painters, hopefully I'll be riding tomorrow.
>>
File: ss (2017-04-20 at 08.32.10).jpg (58KB, 471x441px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-04-20 at 08.32.10).jpg
58KB, 471x441px
>>17051607
Pining for the weekend because fun group ride
>>
>>17051607
Got notified my fairings are on the way and got to ride after a week, feelsgood
>>
File: even in games I miss the apex.jpg (392KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
even in games I miss the apex.jpg
392KB, 1920x1080px
>>17051532
https://youtu.be/cXJRpZyYgjQ

that's super hang-on

it's not very fun.

the only motorcycle game I can find fun TODAY is ride 2
>>
Group rides are shit.
>>
Been commuting on my KLR650. Today a guy in front of me decided to slam his fucking brakes for a yellow light at 65mph. I normally downshift engine brake, front and rear brake. This time I just grabbed all the front brake I could and probably barely touched the rear. Afterwards, my front brake won't hold the bike still just rolling it at a stop. Then later it worked okay. So what the hell happened? Did it overheat that easily then cool down?

KLR front brakes are way shitty anyways, I upgraded the brake line recentlyish, with new fluid. Also upgraded front suspension for less fork dive a week ago.

Trying to not die and also get to work so any ideas?
>>
>>17051607
got scared that I put my front wheel on the wrong way
>>
>>17051657
How new is your KLR? ABS brakes sometimes get really fucky for a short while after they've been triggered.
>>
>>17051682
Its a 98' and has no ABS.
>>
File: dunlop.jpg (45KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
dunlop.jpg
45KB, 620x400px
https://discord.gg/qgU57gt

Join the /dbt/ discord
>>
>>17051607
Installed a tail tidy on my striple and measured for bar end mirrors. Can't wait for this rainstorm to pass.
>>
>>17051705
You know there's a dbt channel in the /o/ discord right?

https://discord.gg/PTxw8
>>
not sure how to go about my mod1+2

the nearest test center is 20 miles away, so do I pick a training school closer to there so I can get to know the roads, or one closer to home?
and how long is typical training? one day for each test?

if any of you did it recently, how did you do it?
>>
>>17051742
It's actually an /osg/ discord so it's full of retarded fags
>>
>>17051742
>the stickerfag discord
>>
>>17051742
Honestly I would rather be on a Discord exclusively with DBT. Cager /o/ is cancer /o/.
Sometimes cager /o/ is great, but man. It can get down in the dumps.
>>
>>17051864
Same with dbt. I see more boypicce posting here than on the rest of o
>>
>>17051532
>tfw still have a copy of Super Hang On for Genesis
>>
Who has done bar end mirrors on a street fighter and any recommendations from the eBay Chinese parts bin?
>>
>>17051892
>eBay mirrors
They suck and vibrate like hell. The convex ones make everything microscopic so don't expect to see anyone more than a car length behind you.
>>
File: photo_2017-04-19_19-07-16.jpg (484KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2017-04-19_19-07-16.jpg
484KB, 1280x960px
ayyy just rode this an hour and a half home, '82 cb750
>>
>>17051901
Fuck off tripfag.
>>
Any updates on SAM? I haven't been lurking since the date/location poll
>>
>>17051901
Neat bike
>>
>>17051917
Tail of the dragon something like the 20th-23rd of july I think
>>
>>17051901
>$2.29
slight ree
>>
>>17051940
>TFW filled the bike up with 87 for 1.99 a gallon
Cheaper than milk
>>
>>17051901

Post raps
>>
>>17051921
thanks bud
>>17051964
I'm workin on a ep atm lol, gunna drop in june
>>
>>17051948
yeah, gas taxes makes my county a few cents above the national average
>tfw so jewy that I fill up only 1 gallon until I find the cheapest one
>>
Meet a guy on a sunday to look at a used bike, I like it, give him a cash offer
Monday he accepts offer, we both agree once he gets the title, he gets the cash
Pays off his loan with the bank, says title should be in his hands within a week or two
>Two months later
oh yeah, the bank never processed my info, they said I should have the title any day now
>two weeks later
Craigslist post is renewed, same price, same pics, same mileage, everything.

What the fuck? Do some people just want their dick stroked about how pretty their bike is and how much its worth? Dude told me he was previously getting low-ball offers like $2k less than he had it listed for, I threw out a price $500 less than he wanted, we settled on $200 less than the CL posting. We've had weekly texts saying i'm still interested, and he isn't sure why its taking so long to get the title.
>>
File: IMG_13251.jpg (412KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_13251.jpg
412KB, 1200x1600px
I think I found my new ride /dbt/
>>
>>17051982
>still faster than a honda
>>
File: mtn.jpg (222KB, 1367x909px) Image search: [Google]
mtn.jpg
222KB, 1367x909px
>>17051648
Three is the max for me, two is preferred.
>>
>>17051974
I've honestly just stopped getting shit off craigslist. It's always so much more effort than it needs to be just to get other peoples used shit at a fair price. If you want to buy used, just go to auctions or look for classified ads where people are actually serious about selling.

Craigslist is a fucking joke. You never know what idiot buyer or seller you're going to get.

I've lost all patience with it I actually just go to reputable dealerships now. I'm willing to pay a bit more to skip all the direct buyer/seller craigslist bullshit.
>>
>>17051988
it's faster than my nighthawk that's for sure
>>
>>17051974
It sounds like he's waiting for someone who has no clue to buy it without the title
>>
>>17051974
It'll typically take at least two weeks after pay off before a bank will release the title, but it sounds like this guy is fucking with you looking for free money from idiots

source: I'm a class traitor and work for the bank
>>
>>17051992
is that a TL1000R? I'm thinking of getting one
>>
>>17052007
also pls ignore trip, that wasn't supposed to be there
>>
File: IMG_20170413_162344.jpg (4MB, 4048x3036px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170413_162344.jpg
4MB, 4048x3036px
Is the Harley hate still alive and well, or have we moved on?

Been a while since I've joined /dbt/
>>
File: IMG_0335.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0335.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>17051995
I've never had a problem buying through CL and have scoped out some seriously good deals before. Selling on the other hand...god help you

Bought pic related for 2k
>>
>>17051999
He did want me to "buy it through his bank" whereby I assume ownership of the loan or whatever. I told him I didn't feel comfortable doing it, and he seemed to understand and offered to "pay off the loan" to get the title.

>>17051995
Yeah, its a trend I'm seeing now. I posted another bike on /dbt/ and someone saved my dick by pointing out the bike was probably in a front-end crash.

The local dealership here is known for kinda-high prices because the owner has expensive hobbies outside of powersports like a new RV every 3 years. The kind that are $400k each.
>>
hey /dbt/, I finally got my endorsement, and I'm legal to ride! heres a few questions I wondered about...
1. how highly do you recommend installing frame sliders?
2. what do you never ride without? (aside from gear, i.e. your tools etc)
3. anyone live in/near Union county, NJ (908)??
>>
>>17052018
I like some Harley's, like in the pic you posted. I like the H-D style I just don't like the overinflated price. It's kinda like Apple how you pay an extra thousand dollars just for the name.

I think I'd rather have a Yamaha Bolt than a Harley.
>>
>>17052019
Yeah I'm not discounting the fact that you can get great deals on craigslist if you're lucky and in the right area. It does happen, just very very rarely.

Trying to find those diamonds in the rough isn't worth the time or effort, at least to me.
>>
>>17052029
I can understand. And while it may be my own personal bias, there is something a little bit magical about Harley. The random riding buddies you meet just rolling around, the recognition and "Hey, nice bike!" kinda reactions from kids.
Never got it from my Kawasaki, but it is sorta nice to have an eye-grabber like the Iron 883.

That being said though, most Harley folk enjoy big baggers more than anything. Probably because they're old enough to afford Road Kings and Street Glides.
>>
>>17052011
Yes. It was fun as hell to ride. 5/7 would recommend.
>>
File: 20161214_063300.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20161214_063300.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>17052022
>1. how highly do you recommend installing frame sliders?
By looking at this picture is your question answered?
>2. what do you never ride without? (aside from gear, i.e. your tools etc)
Honestly just gear. I have my little basic set of Yamaha factory tools under my seat and otherwise it's just helmet, jacket, and gloves I never ride without (even in small town errands). Well I also carry a concealed handgun, but that's a personal choice.
>3.
I'm on the other end of the country.
>>
>>17052038
My boss pretty much said the same thing; if you know exactly what to look for (not be a novice with motorcycles) and get a seller with a title in hand (and advertises that), you can get lucky.

Theres a shitload of idiots that have rusted piles of shit "unrestored and original" for mint condition prices because its a 'rare' and 'collectors' piece.

If a place like Carmax sold motorcycles CL bullshit would die quickly and the small dealerships wouldn't be able to charge the kind of markup they do.
>>
>>17052022

>1. how highly do you recommend installing frame sliders?
Do it. It's a one time investment that if it's ever needed, it pays off.

>2. what do you never ride without? (aside from gear, i.e. your tools etc)
Gear is pretty much it. My bike has no storage, so I have an old Jansport backpack to carry anything else (maps, chargers, tools, visors, etc). Plus, I keep all my patches on the backpack rather than my jacket.

>3. anyone live in/near Union county, NJ (908)??
Central NY. Bit of a ride, bud, but the Catskills are prime riding.
>>
File: thumbs up.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>17052051
I understand that completely, but honestly the "Harley culture" actually is one of the reasons I'd never buy one. Like you said, most Harley fans are older guys on massive two wheeled land yachts, and that just has zero appeal to me.

I get plenty of "hey, nice bike!" reactions on my FZ-07 (webm related) and I've even found riders in my small town and initiated a group ride without ever even saying a word, just by noticing them and revving the throttle to catch their eye. Good shit.
>>
File: neversink2.jpg (765KB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
neversink2.jpg
765KB, 2816x2112px
>>17052018
XR1200 is a gud bike. I fell in love when they came out and I did a few test rides. 22 year old me just couldn't afford a new Harley. I've ridden a lot of different Harleys and none of the others really get me going.

To be fair, they've made a lot of good changes in the last 12 years. I remember my first ride on a brand new Harley where I nearly missed my turn and hit the car in front of me because it had virtually no brakes. That stuff doesn't happen anymore. Now that everything has fuel injection, they all run pretty decent (for what they are) too.

Vrod line is also good. I just wish they still made the street rod because it had a reasonable riding position (mid controls and normal fucking handle bars). My father has one and it's a gud bike too.

My mother has a run of the mill Vrod and it's not that good. It has too much motor and not enough brake/suspension.

Pic related.
>>
>>17052084
I agree; nice ride man.

But Harley Culture is a strange thing: it's mostly older folks that are a bit past their prime and looking for comfort rather than experience, but from being at EVERY Saturday meetup at the local dealer, they have their reasons. To them, they want to have that weird sense of community that goes with Harley, they want to partake in charity rides and hang out and just share stories.

To them, the machine takes a backseat to being part of something. And at the end of the day, I can get behind that, even if my Iron will outrun them.
>>
>>17051598
One tool use pays for the tool. You may not use it often but you won't regret buying or learning how to use it.
>>
>>17052104
Man, those Vrods are hot. Due to my size, they're a bit awkward, but I have ridden a few. They're beasts and I love them. And from what I know from my buddy at Harley, the Vrods just didn't sell. They have no resale value, they deteriorate rapidly, and only a brave few are wiling to maintain and keep them.

And yes, the direct injection is a godsend.

Riding position on the Iron is kinda like a power cruiser: drag bars kinda forces you forward and all that, plus the rock hard rear suspension has you on your toes. It's got a very different feel than the other Sportsters.

Also, I was 21 when I bought it. Paid it off three months ago.
>>
File: 00808_9d0oJKBivNp_1200x900.jpg (195KB, 1200x748px) Image search: [Google]
00808_9d0oJKBivNp_1200x900.jpg
195KB, 1200x748px
Something seems fishy about this. 1979 CX500 Custom and it seems he replaced most of the parts.

I like it, but $2100 seems low for some reason. Any thoughts, /dbt/?
>>
>>17051974
I've bought several bikes off Craigslist but I'm a mechanic.

If they don't have a fucking clear title IN HAND which matches the VIN (always check) then I walk. Their loan is not my concern or problem.
>>
>new guy gets hired at work
>wants to go ride this weekend

He's kind of a faggot. He's got a shitbike 97 fz6r. Do I disappear in the corners?
>>
>>17052162
Taunt him, but hey, be friendly.

We're all out to have fun, right? He's probably proud of his bike, so let him be. Everyone starts with a shitbike, after all.
>>
>>17052180
guess again I started on a cbr1000rr
>>
>>17052116
That's the synthetic HD culture. HD builders, mechanics, racers and legit clubbers etc are the real culture, the rest are just larpers.

Real bikers don't go to dealer events. There's nothing there they need or want, and the aftermarket parts support for Harleys is magnificent so there's no need for service.
>>
>>17052150
Bikes of that age very widely in price. Maybe he actually wants to sell it.
>>
>>17052150
Hard to say just by looking at it.

Ride it, talk with the guy, learn the story of it all. You do you man.
>>
>>17052150
That's fair. It's not a classic Norton Commando.

It's in nice shape and those engines are excellent.
>>
>>17052192
I do though; mostly for the free beer, my buddy Todd, and the charities that help the event.

Besides, does it really matter if it's "Real" or not? If you go and you have fun, didn't you win in that case?
If you meet some good people and have some good laughs, that's all that really matters in the end, right?
>>
>>17052193
Well fuck, I'm mad you have a Ducati. Those things are amazing.

Still, if he wants to ride, let him. Just enjoy the taunting.
>>
>>17052211
Holy fuck. It's nice to be on /dbt/ when the shitposters aren't here for a change.
>>
>>17052235
>t. cruisercuck
>>
I'm shopping for a starter bike and I've been really digging the Yamaha R3.
Can someone school me on it?
>>
>>17052195
I know fuckall about bikes and what to look for. The thing looks in near showroom condition.

https://ventura.craigslist.org/mcy/6081551146.html

>NEW FUCKIN EVERYTHING
What I gather from that is its either been crashed and slowly rebuilt over a couple years as the guy worked up the courage to ride again but decided to simply sell, it was a box o parts and he's flipping the box for a profit, or its been ridden slowly on sundays and rubbed with a diaper and general aging of everything has required parts to be replaced.

If its the third option thats a great price. I just don't know enough to tell if its good mechanically.

Also, if it were me I'd take off that rear seat, luggage rack, and windshield, and put some lower bars on it.
>>
>>17052244
>>17052235
Oh, knock it off, both of ya.

Just go out there and enjoy yourselves. /DBT/ is just a dick measuring contest with some advice and honesty mixed in.

Whatever you ride, ride hard and love every second of it.
>>
>>17052145
My parents have a decent amount of miles on the Vrods. The street rod has 30k on it and it's been more reliable than my father's other Harley, a CVO Fat Bob that needed an engine rebuild at 15k and a bunch of weird shit like various rubber bits before 20k.

I like the Iron for what it is. The 883 is fun to beat the piss out of on a curvy road. I would never own one because I found it uncomfortable on a highway and that was when I was in NY where the speed limits are lower than here in Colorado.

The only "good" air cooled Harley is the XR1200 and that's only good by Harley standards.
>>
>>17052260
Nah, keep it. The dude who put it together is clearly proud of it, and he's selling something he's proud of.
Besides, a rear seat is great for when you meet a nice girl who wants to go for a ride. It pays off, trust me.
>>
>>17052278
Agreed. And you're right about how uncomfortable the Iron is on NY roads.

Ever ride R12 to R28 out towards Old Forge? Felt like a jackhammer to the balls every second. Finger Lakes and the Catskills are so much better.
>>
File: indianscoutsixty.jpg (510KB, 2048x1262px) Image search: [Google]
indianscoutsixty.jpg
510KB, 2048x1262px
Hey /dbt/ im a complete noob but I was interested in starting. I was interested in a relatively inexpensive but new cruiser to use as a secondary vehicle for fun. I'm not looking to go fast, just to enjoy some open road. I was thinking something like pic related. I really like the old school styling and I recognize it as a classic brand, plus it seems to fit along with what I'm looking for. If I'm being a complete retard, I understand and would appreciate a point in the right direction.
>>
>>17052260
It's a barn find. The stuff done to it is what you would do to a bike that was parked 20 years ago because the stater fried.

Some people just like to fix up bikes and sell them. Gives them something to do. Looks like he did a nice job.
>>
>>17052185
>implying
>>
>>17052304
check out victory octane, good motors and new ones are going at a deep discount
>>
>>17052325
I'm posting this from the afterlife btw

>>17052304
very heavy, very expensive. Look for a used honda shadow. They're cheap, peppy, light-ish as far as cruisers go, and relatively common
>>
>>17052292
I've been up 28 plenty and all the way to Tug Hill, but never Old Forge.

I was an engineering intern in Ilion at the Remington plant back in 2008. I kinda miss riding the Ilion Gorge on 51.
>>
>>17051607
No
>>
>>17052282
>when you meet a nice girl who wants to go for a ride

But the majority are really fucking boring
>>
>>17052357
that's why you fuck your motorcycle bros, no homo
>>
>>17052361
Do you ride a Honda?
>>
File: whisky_and_rivits.png (374KB, 1044x789px) Image search: [Google]
whisky_and_rivits.png
374KB, 1044x789px
>>17052304
Those are great bikes. Understand, most everyone drops their first bike in the driveway, the parking lot, etc. so the standard recommendation is to not buy new for your first bike BUT If you can afford it and are are OK with putting some scratches in it, go ahead.

If you've never ridden before, go take an MSF approved class, you ride their bikes, and by the end you will know if you really want to ride. Also, grads have lower accident rates.
>>
>>17052370
how did you know
>>
>>17052370
You meet the nicest people on a Honda
>>
>>17052258
People who ride R3s are faggots, pick something else
>>
>>17052153
Bike mechanic or something else? Are Triumphs any bad?
>>
>>17052376
>that's why you fuck your motorcycle bros, no homo

You basically told me this yourself, lad
>>
File: image1 (2).jpg (295KB, 1008x756px) Image search: [Google]
image1 (2).jpg
295KB, 1008x756px
>>17052258
As a starter bike it's real nice, I've enjoyed mine for the time I've had it. Have ridden a mate's Ninja 250 as the closest comparison, R3 is much nicer. The suspension is on the soft/commuting side of things and the stock tyres don't inspire much confidence. Before you start thinking about replacing either of those parts, spend whatever that would cost on a trackday with instruction. I've done two, one on a go-kart track and one at Philip Island. Learning body position played a large role in gaining confidence with leaning the thing over. It's apparently real close to the Ninja 300 so don't discount that either, especially as there are more Ninjas on the used market.

>>17052385
I'll ride sack to crack for you anytime bby :~)
>>
>>17052334
ill give them a look

>>17052336
>>17052371
My main reason for looking for something new is simply because I would not have time/money to make repairs on what is essentially a weekend toy. I don't know much about bike maintenance but I'm assuming its more than your average car. Again I'm probably completely wrong in my thinking so I appreciate your patience.
>>
>>17052452
if money isn't an issue go for it.
if it is I'd still say a 2017 honda rebel 500 would be a good choice
>>
>>17052452
Have you looked at Yamaha Bolts at all? Those are great cruisers and you can get a new one for a fair price. They're built really well for an entry level cruiser, definitely seem more polished than a Harley.
>>
>ywn be able to afford a cb1100 ex
>ywn have the cb1300/xjr1300 of your dreams
why live
>>
>>17052490
Did they stop making the C-spec Bolt?
>>
>>17052461
>>17052490
they both at a glance seem interesting. The rebel seems really affordable. What I am mostly concerned with is reliability and that classic/basic look. If the ride is comfy, thats a plus, but I don't really mind that much. How reliable are bikes you guys have suggested?
>>
>>17052522
well the rebel is a Honda, so that really speaks for itself
>>
What the hell is the difference between a Bolt and a Bolt R-Spec
>>
>>17052534
>What the hell is the difference between a Bolt and a Bolt R-Spec
google is hard
Everything is exactly the same except for the paint, the stitched seat, and the reservoir shocks. The shocks are no different in ride from the regular, and the stitched seat is no different in comfortability compared to the regular.
>>
>>17052521
No I think they are still made.

>>17052522
The Bolt is well made and reliable as far as I know. I've never owned one, but I've heard nothing but good things about Bolts.

The Bolt is a 950cc bike and as such has a lot more power than a Rebel 500, which I think you'll get bored of rather quickly. The Bolt also has a belt drive which requires less maintenance than a chain. The Rebel comes with an ABS as an optional extra, and has one more gear in the transmission than the Bolt. I'm not sure why the Rebel has a six speed, since it's not exactly a fast bike. Maybe they need more gears due to less torque, idk.
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 650x550px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 650x550px
>>17051547

I watch hours of motorcycle crash videos before every riding season. 99% of those crashes are either rider error or riders just not being observant enough. Makes me pay fucking attention when I ride.

>don't be yammie
>>
>>17052564
Do you have any good channels to binge watch motorcycle crash videos?
>>
>>17052569
Not that guy, but look up "no prisoners" on youtube
>>
>>17052569
dirtbike lunatic
motomadness
motorcycle passion
>>
>>17051540
>dat second video

Were those bikers just accosted by real slav gangsters, or just undercover cops? They handled that pretty well, considering those dudes were pulling guns out of the trunk and flashing them.
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 433x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 433x720px
>>17051982

I sometimes wonder what /dbt/ posters are like. Who are these people that frequent a thread on a Cambodian macramé forum? This is honestly exactly what I was expecting.
>>
File: Jakarta-motorcycle-ride.jpg (116KB, 960x538px) Image search: [Google]
Jakarta-motorcycle-ride.jpg
116KB, 960x538px
>>17051532
Hey guys, I'm in the market for a new bike since I want to finally upgrade from my 500cc. I'm looking at this bike at a dealer and wanted to know if they usually let you test drive it?

I went to a dealer years ago and they wanted me to buy insurance before I test drove, but I told em I was new so I'm not sure if it was because of that. I ain't doing that shit again this time.

Thanks.
>>
>>17052531
>>17052561
thanks for the help

I obviously need to do more research and look into that training course
>>
>>17051532

just bought a new 2017 yamaha FJ 09 ... I love this thing! Only got to ride 80 miles today :(
>>
>>17051607
Actually got the money saved up for fairing, can't decide which supplier. Shits stressful.
>>
>>17052637
make sure you rev the engine good and close to redline so it breaks in evenly
>>
>>17052637
looks like a poorfag multistrada
>>
>>17052665
yeah i didnt have 25K to spend on a bike
>>
File: twinCBRs.jpg (77KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
twinCBRs.jpg
77KB, 960x540px
my twin 08 CBRs
>traded the one on the left for the FJ

>>17052637
>>
>>17052637
sexy, spread your ass on the bike seat for us to see
>>
>>17052667
$12k buys you a used multistrada
>>
>>17052637
So what's the difference between the FZ-09 and the FJ-09?
>>
>>17052692
A shitty fairing and $2,000.
>>
>>17052687
with 30K miles ...
maintaining the bike is going to be more expensive than purchasing it. My mechanic has the 1200s, that thing is fast as fuck
>>
File: no.jpg (121KB, 1074x665px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
121KB, 1074x665px
>>17052700
>>
Motorcycles.com do the worst video/YouTube reviews of bikes
>>
>>17052715

the multistrada is sexy, but i doubt i could afford the maintenance.
>>
>>17052725
Looks like a good deal to me. Shoulda bought that.

The wet clutch ducks are a lot better than you assume.
>>
>>17052637
Nice shoes
>>
File: 00C0C_5ohsr0DxXjr_600x450.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
00C0C_5ohsr0DxXjr_600x450.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
I want to check this bike out... am I about to get robbed and killed? Its way too cheap even with fairing damage. When I texted the guy he said he'd go lower without me even haggling.

#scared
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/mcy/6095742121.html
>>
File: 1492658758374.jpg (158KB, 417x515px) Image search: [Google]
1492658758374.jpg
158KB, 417x515px
>>17052755

yeah you gonna die for sure
>>
File: Capture.png (236KB, 1216x1030px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
236KB, 1216x1030px
>>17052755
I guess I should not be a cunt and screenshot the page.
>>
>>17052755
>>17052763
>>17052766
Even sketchier I text the guy and ask him to be real with why its so cheap and he pawned me off to his friend's # and then automatically sends me a picture of himself saying he is a trust able guy

Fuck it I'm not going
>>
>>17052789
too good to be true
>>
Anybody here ever watch this guys videos?

https://www.youtube.com/user/ScottandKerryann

He used to date this gril and i noticed a few times when I saw a video of his that she's been missing. I swear this nigga got cucked by the guy who runs socal supermoto. Cause this bitch is dating the supermoto guy now and the vlogger man has fucked off to live in the mountains.

My mind got fucked just now so i thought I'd share with you guys.
>>
>>17052812
lmao scott got cucked
>>
>>17052789
>sends me a picture of himself saying he is a trust able guy
>>
>>17052789
19th and camelback, I remember reading somewhere that's the highest crime zip in the state. Nobody (legit) owns that bike in that area. Definitely a scam.
>>
>>17052885
Oh.... well that triple settles it, fuck that.
>>
File: 1478613626990.jpg (98KB, 1456x896px) Image search: [Google]
1478613626990.jpg
98KB, 1456x896px
>>17051607
Got home at 5, sent my friend a text to see if he wanted to go for a ride, he said sure at around 6. Waited until 6:30, sent him a text, he said he didn't want to anymore, cracked a beer a got drunk instead.
>>
>>17052944
>not riding anyways
>>
File: IMG_0592s.jpg (670KB, 1701x1276px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0592s.jpg
670KB, 1701x1276px
>tfw moab bound in 3 days
>>
>>17052955
I was pretty mad tbqh, I'd end up just squidding around and dieing.
>>
>ATGATT
>Ride every day
>yeah i walk around in two pairs of pants
>>
>>17052977
Yes, you got a problem with that?
>>
File: cb 750 sc nighthawk.jpg (31KB, 400x298px) Image search: [Google]
cb 750 sc nighthawk.jpg
31KB, 400x298px
Just bought this what do you guys think?
>>
who the fuck does this guy think he is, taking a picture with his dslr camera and polishing up the silver and thinks that's enough to ask for 3700 for his bike from the stone age

fucking bike owners i swear

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/nvn/mcy/6091188055.html
>>
>>17052996
>four carbs

good luck
>>
>>17053009
>Took high res photos of my bike to post of craigslist
>Could see every little scratch
>Took 3 weeks to sell at a super low price because of it
sucks
>>
>>17053017
Cry more

>Dropped my bike walking it across snow
>had to use a jack to lift it because fucking slippery
>protective cloth slipped, jack gouged frame
>nobody will ever buy it, ever
>>
>>17053017
gotta snap those on overcast days m8
>>
>>17053023
>not just throwing some dirt down for traction and picking it up like a normal person
>>
>>17053023
you sound retarded
>>
>>17053044
no stop
>>
File: IMG_4144.jpg (3MB, 4272x2848px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4144.jpg
3MB, 4272x2848px
>>17053028
i did tho
>>
File: IMG_20170420_071541_edit.png (134KB, 1440x936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170420_071541_edit.png
134KB, 1440x936px
>clear weather outside
>decide to commute by bike
>it gets pretty chilly pretty fast

Wew -5degree last night, good thing there were no frozen patches on the road
>>
Anyone here have motorcycles that they customized to increase performance/personalize it.
I want to get pic related, raise the rear suspension, move the pegs and seat to change
the riding position to something more standard.

I've ridden it and the scout; the chassis handles better than the low ground clearance will allow.
>>
>>17053061
are there actually parts available to do that? One anon was saying that one company is only just about to release a set of mid controls for the scout.
>>
>>17053054
are the stock pegs flimsy on yours as well?
>>
>>17053023
>trying to sell my bike soon to get a supermoto
>pray that it doesnt get stuck on craigslist forever because of damage to exhaust from crash

I'm even going to lower the price below all the other same bikes for sale right now to try and get rid of it.
>>
File: 0987412305.png (2MB, 1267x923px) Image search: [Google]
0987412305.png
2MB, 1267x923px
>>
>>17053061
Buy an Octane if you want, but Victory got axed my man.
>>
>>17053078
there's plenty of custom shock systems available. They also have reduced reach footpegs and higher seats, that should change the riding style. The Two Brothers Scout exhaust system will fit the octane; so that's another way to increase clearance and save like 25 lbs.
>>
>>17053084
They did move around quite a bit, but didn't really feel flimsy or about to break.
>>
>>17053009
What the fuck is a KL?
>>
>>17053090
I know that, but they will still be producing replacement parts. Not only that, since they are still making motorcycles through Indian they should be able to make and stock the parts without too much trouble.
>>
>>17053093
the mounts it seems bend a bit.

also, I don't know if yours is like this but if you are downshifting to a stop, does it take a moment for your shift lever to pop back? sometimes I have to give it a rev with the clutch in when it is lower rpm
>>
>>17053091
Youd be better off on the scout my dude, the Octane is the same bike with a different tune and maybe cams for down low power.

All it gets you is low gear power and 3 more horsepower.

Get a scout with a tuner, pipes and an air cleaner.

Plus side is Indian is still in buisness and Victory is not.
Buut Octanes will be on clearance, and they have part support for 10 years.
>>
>>17053103
I sold it like a year ago so it's kind of fuzzy but I don't recall the shift lever problem.

How many miles do you have on it?
>>
>>17053109
7.5k. I think it's an rpm thing, it shifts fine.

just shit controls and levers. I might get aftermarket ones.
>>
>>17053104
I feel like getting a victory because they got an unfortunate fate. They're the red-headed stepchild.
>>
>>17053120
Sad, but cant blame Polaris if you dont make money you cant stay.

Its a good bike tho, not alot of problems.

I own a scout sixty for what thats worth.
>>
>>17053111
Would probably be worth it. I think it's the gaskets making them feel loose tbqh.
>>
>>17052150

the CX will never be a classic, its a fair price for a bike thats just "old".
>>
File: IMG_20170419_184003_949.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170419_184003_949.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>17051532
Best OP pic I've seen in a while

I was busy today. First I installed my P3 Carbon skid plate because I don't like my Al one.
>>
>>17053166
>hit rock
>skid plates shatters
looks cool tho
>>
File: IMG_20170419_211623_372.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170419_211623_372.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>17053166
Then I installed my Rade garage auxiliary tank. I removed all my SAS shit two weekends ago so I had the perfect place to mount the petcock right on the side of the frame. While I was at it I installed the Rally Raid reinforced upper tank bolts and replacement lower tank bolt/sleeve.
>>
>>17053166
How good is carbon in staying intact after getting hit by a rock at speed?
>>
>>17053174
I know it's really not as good as Al, but my Al plate rattled way too much. I'm not doing enduros on this thing so I think I'll be fine.
>>
>>17053178
about 0 good
>>
>>17053179
why didnt you just use some rubber grommets between the bolts
>>
>>17053174
>hitting rocks

thats not what people buy 701s for.
>>
>>17053166
chiggin strips
>>
>>17053190
>it's an off-road bike
>made to never leave the road

Sounds pretty stupid to me
>>
>>17053190
how about i buy ur boipucci?
>>
>>17053186
I already covered the entire inside of the plate with sound dampening material, still noisy. Carbon is silent.

>>17053181
>>17053178
CROSS TRAINING ENDURO SKILLS thinks P3's shit is pretty damn good. It's pretty thick carbon, probably a good 8mm.
>>
File: 20170418_165746.jpg (4MB, 2755x2027px) Image search: [Google]
20170418_165746.jpg
4MB, 2755x2027px
>>17051607
Work... Get the day off tomorrow. If it isn't raining I will ride tomorow.
>>
>>17053212
here comes the retard that demands you ride in the rain
>>
>>17053212
>adv bike
>not riding in the rain

Aren't you that Brit too?
>>
hey /dbt/ how would you go about removing a broken off crank case bolt that's leaking transmission oil?
>>
>>17053166
FUCK OFF BAIRD QUIT SHOWING OFF YOUR NICE SUPERMOTO REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>17053227
Left hand drill bit and/or screw extractor.
A careful amount of heat if corrosion or loctite is involved.
If you can't extract it try and drill it out entirely.
If you fuck up the threads drill them out and install a helicoil.
>>
>>17053233
If you fuck up the helicoil sell your Harley and get a good bike.
>>
>>17053235
it's a suzuki
>>
>>17053237
>owning jap scrap
>>
>>17053242
>hating every bike

i hate posers
>>
>>17053220
Naw. Yank.

No problem riding and running into rain. Don't enjoy riding on my days off if all It's going to do is rain. ADV or not, I'd rather be cozy at home and not riding in torrential rain with 40mph wind with no destination or objective other than to ride.
>>
File: IMG_20160731_135805_845.jpg (722KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160731_135805_845.jpg
722KB, 1920x1080px
>>17053244
>being this new
>>
>>17053202
sound dampening isn't motion absorbent you stupid fuck
>>
>>17053263
The rattling noise is mostly reflection of the engine sound upwards.It also pads the contact points between the bottom of the engine and the plate. Fuck off.
>>
>>17053269
No, you're fucking wrong
>>
>>17053257
nope. just upgraded some stuff and forgot my trip filter
>>
>>17053271
k

>>17053273
k
>>
>>17053255
Ride to where the sun is shining.
>>
File: 1473596295774.png (728KB, 1165x1075px) Image search: [Google]
1473596295774.png
728KB, 1165x1075px
lol when i see someone crash a motorbike, like bitch you aint valentino rossi stop trying to little bitch
>>
>>17053286
But they are
>>
>>17053303
honestly impressive for a 40 year old
>>
>>17053317
He's just so used to it. How has 30-35 years of professional racing experience?
>>
File: feelsgood.png (121KB, 680x497px) Image search: [Google]
feelsgood.png
121KB, 680x497px
>replace shitty scratched up visor with nice new clean one
>wash helmet pads
>mfw
>>
File: 1457950696247.jpg (25KB, 295x455px) Image search: [Google]
1457950696247.jpg
25KB, 295x455px
>>17053410
>>
>>17053011
this, so fucking much
>>
File: Pepe Shotgun.jpg (34KB, 680x734px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe Shotgun.jpg
34KB, 680x734px
>>17053410
>mfw I have no cheek pads in my super shit helmet
>>
w2c shirts like this but bike related?
>>
anybody have any cleaning tips they like to share for their helmet pads.

Any special detergents or just wash em with a decent fabric soap and let em dry?
>>
>>17053472
gay, cringe
>>
>cager
WHAT DID THEY MEAN BY THIS
>>
>>17053538
Fuck off, cager
>>
File: 1480582212686.jpg (34KB, 320x444px) Image search: [Google]
1480582212686.jpg
34KB, 320x444px
>>17053538
meant fuck off cagecuck
>>
whats the longest youve ridden? and what bike did you do it on?
>>
>>17053594
Without breaks?
In a day?
As a trip?
>>
>>17053613
In a day:

Over length of a trip:

>not counting breaks
>>
File: 2016-09-07 08.05.12.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-07 08.05.12.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>>17053621
>in a day
850km

Over length of a trip
~7000km
>>
>>17053594
450 miles on my VFR400. Went very well, sits nicely at 100mph.
>>
>>17053630
>>17053653
I ask because I'm taking my 50cc on a 2 day trip and I'm really excited, even for such an insignificant event. Only going to be just under 200 miles round trip but compared to just riding to work and around town, its a big change
>>
>>17053665
50cc?
what kind of retarded regulations make you ride a 50cc bike can they even do 100kmh?
>>
>>17052977
>>17052987
Wearin two pairs of pants right now, freinds!
>>
>>17053665
My bike (R1150GS) and a 50cc have barely anything in common.
I cruise at around 140-160km/h no problem, you can maybe reach 50.

>>17053675
That's called being 16.
>>
>>17051901
Oh, look, another tripfaggot. Exactly what we needed.
>>
>>17051901
what is it?
cb750k?
>>
>>17053681
Why?
I hang my gear over a chair next to my desk
>>
>>17051605
dónde es eso? y qué moto es?
>>
>>17051532
https://youtu.be/MYmqZBDk_eI

In case you were wondering what happened to Yammie
>>
>>17053683
No regulations. It's called personal preference, I dont give a shit. I know how slow I can go.

>>17053683
Try 25 ;)
>>
>>17053749
>50cc
>25km/h

Oh, the helmetless scooters.
>>
>>17053754
Nope, still wear a helmet. I may be stupid but I'm not stupid.
>>
>>17053758
25km/h is bicycle speeds. I never wear a helmet on a bicycle.
Also the only reason to have the 25km/h version of a scooter.
>>
>>17053762
What 50cc are you riding that only goes 25km/h?
I'm in the US so thats 15mph. I average about 40mph
>>
>>17053762
>too cool to minimise potential brain damage for absolutely no cost or inconvenience
ok
>>
>>17053769
Also its 4am here so I'm leaving.
>>
>>17053769
Here we have special ones that are only allowed to go 25km/h.
No helmets needed.

>>17053773
>no inconvenience
A bicycle helmet is fucking inconvenient, uncomfortable and almost nobody uses them. It's also not like we don't cycle. Cycling is in our nature. When I'm too drunk to walk I can still cycle.
>>
>>17053780
please explain how hearing a hat is inconvenient
>>
>>17051540
I like them, so many retards.
>>
>>17053784
You have to keep it with you somewhere, it's annoying as fuck and with the slightest breeze it's covering your eyes. Also, NEVER in the right size and only makes you sweat more.

FUCK. BICYCLE. HELMETS.

Waring a helmet on a bike here just shows you're special or a tourist.
>>
>>17053800
>You have to keep it with you somewhere
wat, clip it to your bike and leave it

>slightest breeze it's covering your eyes. Also, NEVER in the right size
sorry you are too retarded to buy cloths that fit

>only makes you sweat more
if a few strips of EPS make you sweat the problem is your general health not the helmet.

>Waring a helmet on a bike here just shows you're special or a tourist.
>being this self conscious
I'm so sorry, don't worry the kids at school will stop bullying you. When you get older no one cares about that kind of thing
>>
File: trees.jpg (2MB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
trees.jpg
2MB, 1500x1125px
>>17053735
Cerca de Bilbao, KLE 500 '05
>>
>>17053811
>clip it to your bike and leave it
That's how you never see your helmet again

>sorry you are too retarded to buy cloths that fit
I'm sorry they don't make bicycle helmets in my size

>if a few strips of EPS make you sweat the problem is your general health not the helmet.
Sweat MORE. Sweating isn't something you do because you're unhealthy.

>When you get older no one cares about that kind of thing
Especially people that are a bit older and native get laughed out for wearing a helmet.
This isn't 'Murica where wearing a helmet on a bicycle is normal. I think only 5% of people cycling (so 95% of the population) even have a helmet, mostly only for mountain biking or if they go on cycle holidays.
>>
>>17053800
Dutch

>>17053811
Probably a burgerclap who's mad he needs a helmet because he'll get run over by a single mom in an escalade
>>
>>17053820
so what your are saying is
>too cool to minimise potential brain damage for absolutely no cost or inconvenience
ok
>>
File: 1492636785020.jpg (1MB, 3629x2722px) Image search: [Google]
1492636785020.jpg
1MB, 3629x2722px
>>17051605
What's spainfest? Barca finally losing?
>>
>tfw wear glasses
>tfw never liked how they looked on me and thought i looked better with contacts
>hate wearing contacts and am lazy so i just stuck with glasses
>start riding motorcycles
>realize what an insane pain in the ass it is to put on my glasses with a helmet on
>finally nut up and switch to contacts

Motorcycles improving my life yet again. Eat it, cagers
>>
>>17053837
Nah, there where three spain anons discussing bikes in the previous thread.

Who cares about football?
>>
>>17053857
>Who cares about football?
Stupid normies
>>
>>17053839
You are me anon. Contacts when riding FTW.
>>
>>17053857
>Who cares about football?
Me obviously.
>>17053866
>normie
You have to go back, dumb frog.
>>
>>17053857
Who cares about spaniards?
>>
>>17053873
Italians
>>
>>17053872
Football it's the shittiest of followed sport, despite being fun to playing. Supportes are dumbass shit, hooligans are criminals. Shoud be treated like cyclists.

t. pizza
>>
>>17051917
>>17051936
what means this: SAM
>>
how much are 2 used helmets worth?
looking at a 1900€ grom and owner's gifting his old gear
>>
>>17053884
It's funny because Football and Cyclism are the best sport ever invented and this is indisputable.

t. pasta
>>
>>17053886
Stupid American Meeting.
>>
>>17053886
Cancelled American Meet.
But some Burger thought you wrote cancelled with an S.
>>
>>17053174
>701
>Slick tyres
>Hitting rocks

Not really gonna happen I don't think.
>>
>>17053196
>super moto
>off road bike

Pick one
>>
>>17053912
A supermoto is a dirt bike with road wheels and tires.
>>
>>17053892
Entirely depends on the helmets, ranging from 80...800+ new price
But I guess 100€
>>
>>17053892
Used helmets are worthless. Dont pay anything for them.
>>
>>17053892
2nd hand helmets are not worth anything
>>
File: unhappy.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
unhappy.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>17053959
>>17054019
i don't want 'em, tryna jew the price down by refusing them
>>
>>17054056
If he used the word 'gift' he's probably got it in his head that he's selling you the bike and dumping his gear off on your for free.

I wouldn't expect to get a discount by refusing it.
>>
File: Doggos.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Doggos.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
>>17053892
>owner's gifting his old gear
>gifting his old gear
>gifting
>>17054056
If he doesn`t have another bike, I very much doubt he will keep some helmets he doesn`t need in lieu of CASH MONEY.
>>
>>17053818
Muy guapa. Qué tal va?
>>
Is there a clever way to visualise what a bike will look like when you change the colour scheme?
>>
>>17054115
Photoshop
>>
>>17054115
9k hours in MSPaint
>>
>>17054118

I was worried this would be the case
>>
File: peppers__by_bbtdgfan882-d7cfdaz.png (537KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
peppers__by_bbtdgfan882-d7cfdaz.png
537KB, 800x600px
>>17054115
>>
File: thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg (44KB, 500x406px) Image search: [Google]
thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg
44KB, 500x406px
>>17054105
De cine.
>>
>>17054129
Green is my pepper
>>
Any if you cunts going to the Moto go in Austin these next 3 days?
>>
>>17054184
Are the prices there as absurd as they are here?
Looked at the prices for Assen, the cheapest ticket on a Sunday is already €50.
>>
What is /dbt/s view on short sleeve shirts while riding? A bit like US Motorbike cops wear
>>
>>17054198
ATGATT or you're a poopy head
>>
>>17054198
Stupid as fuck.
>>
>>17054198
As someone who lives in a city with lots of motocops, I don't understand why they don't at least wear a mesh jacket because every time one of them crashes they're either ded or have to retire from injuries.
>>
>>17052605
not slav
>>
>have $8400 for bike
>bike I want is $8k at dealership

Anybody have experience with dealerships coming down that much for tax, tag, and title? I think it comes out to $548 just for tax
>>
you know takumi's gutter hook?
i wanna try to do something similar
basically ride my bike along a curb, on the outside of the corner
>>
>>17054273
>i like bike
>only have 8400 cash
>no/yes
just try it out
>>
>>17054273
Go there and ask them. Say you only have 8000 to spend and they may reduce the price a little.
>>
>>17053947
and suspension, brakes and often different gearing.

they originated from dirt-bikes but their appeal is being light-weight, easy to wheelie and capable of controlled drifting on the road.
>>
>>17054300
but Takumi drove on the inside?
>>
>>17054300
Dubs confirm great success anon
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (251KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
251KB, 1920x1080px
>>17051532
2k for a yz6-n 2006 with 18k miles, and minor cosmetic damage on the tank. Y/n?

Pic related. It.kinda looks like that.
>>
>>17054360
sure
>>
>>17054360
Fz6-n, sorry.
>>
>>17051607
Talked to the only SYM official dealership in the country to source a clutch cable
>>
>>17054369
Is it a good deal? A shitty deal?
>>
>>17054360
>>17054385
Its a good deal.
>>
File: bg2.png (153KB, 354x382px) Image search: [Google]
bg2.png
153KB, 354x382px
>go check a bike at a honda dealership last year
>say they'll call me
>they never call

>go check a bike at a kawaski dealership last week
>say they'll call me
>they never call
Is this some sort of insider-only club where I'm supposed to know that they'll never call me and I have to call them?
>>
>>17054191
Iirc it's $90 for 3 days general admission
Seats in the stands are more expensive
>>
>>17054393
if you weren't looking at something with good commission, or didn't look like you'd buy extra shit they won't give a fuck about you.

sales guys are a the worst bunch of bastards where ever you find them
>>
>>17053947
Obviously you cunt. But a super moto with slicks isn't an off road bike, is it?
>>
Anyone here have or use a Varadero 125? How are they
>>
>>17054273

Tell them you only have $8000. You'll buy it if they'll do $8000 "out the door".
>>
>>17051540
love em'
>>
Anyone run dual sport tires on their sportbike?

Gonna throw some Conti TKC80s on my fz07.

I live in the 3rd world so road conditions are shit here and it's not like I lean anyhow.
>>
Anyone here ever get in trouble with the cops for riding like a retard or whatever? Anyone here ever bolted from the cops?
>>
File: dirtbike.jpg (437KB, 2000x1334px) Image search: [Google]
dirtbike.jpg
437KB, 2000x1334px
>>17054665
>>
>>17054755
Looks so good
>>
File: reddit rider.jpg (59KB, 945x720px) Image search: [Google]
reddit rider.jpg
59KB, 945x720px
Considering how retarded the people who kill themselves on bikes are, is biking statistically the safest mode of transport for sensible people in full gear?
>>
>>17054851
No, most accidents are SMDSY. We just remember the flashy retards more.
>>
>>17054851
Debatable, yammie usually ATGATT's. You can't protect from stupid
>passing on the inside in the middle of a corner
>>
>>17054858
even then, most smidsy accidents are avoidable just by paying attention and making smarter riding choices.

>>17054851
no.
>>
>>17054665
I would put something more road oriented.
Just for orientation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_2y9LSxbvQ
>>
>>17054868
There is a limit to how much you can protect yourself against that.

I ride on a big, brightly coloured bike, with a bright as fuck headlight, daytime running lights on next to headlight, two LED lights on the sides, loud exhaust and a white/blue jacket.
Still I have to avoid at least one car every ride, because "they didn't see me". How the fuck don't they see me when I'm next to their passenger door and they're going right?
>>
what's the rule with rear tire tread? Around what depth should I consider changing?
>>
>>17055033
Here we have a minimal depth of 1,6mm as legal limit.
>>
>>17054718
I've lazily listed away from a cop while ridding a dirt bike on the street with no tag, no license,as I jumped between trails.
>>
>>17054938
>i'm right next to their passenger door
Try not riding directly next to people.
>>
>>17055068
Then where? In their blind spot?
Or when they're in my blind spot?

And don't say not next to them at all, that's not possible. You're always in their blind spot, they are in yours or you are next to them. You know, where they have a window and are supposed to look when they go that way. We don't do empty roads.
>>
>>17055068
>riding along on a dual lane
>someone on your left decides that this right turn is the one they need to make
>your fault for being there

this is why i started speeding and lanesplitting
>>
>>17054938
>ride solid black supersport
>black helmet, grey jacket
>no auxiliary lighting
>try to keep low rpms so I don't make too much noise
>almost never get cut off because I always choose a lane position to maximize visibility and avoid staying in someone's blind spot longer than it takes just to pass by
>>
>>17055120
How is RIGHT NEXT TO THEIR WINDOW a blind spot?
Are their mirrors in the blind spot too?
>>
>>17055127
right in front of them is a blindspot half the time too
>>
>>17055112
If you ride slightly behind the car but near the edge of the lane, you will still be visible in their mirror but not be in their way if they start to change lanes without looking.
>>
File: Untitled.png (19KB, 1089x1205px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
19KB, 1089x1205px
>>17055142
forgot pic

>>17055127
see this. You don't want to be right next to them at all. Staying staggered means you're not in danger even when they start to change lanes without looking.
>>
File: 1492711906116.png (13KB, 1089x1205px) Image search: [Google]
1492711906116.png
13KB, 1089x1205px
>>17055151
Meanwhile in the real world.
>>
>>17055142
This, and you can see their wheels from that position, seems to be the best way to tell if someones about to go full retard out of lane, often before they know themselves.
>>
File: 1492712046388.png (15KB, 1089x1205px) Image search: [Google]
1492712046388.png
15KB, 1089x1205px
>>17055160
>>
>>17055167
You mean squashing yourself in a 4m long gap at 100 - 130km/h?

Here we call that suicide.
>>
File: 1985_harley_superglide.jpg (35KB, 441x403px) Image search: [Google]
1985_harley_superglide.jpg
35KB, 441x403px
$1500, what does /dbt/ think?

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/6076517378.html
>>
File: honda_riders.jpg (43KB, 328x213px) Image search: [Google]
honda_riders.jpg
43KB, 328x213px
>>17052378
honda rider here, wew lad
>>
>>17054938
Sounds like you need to work on your positioning
>>
>>17055120
This
>>
>>17055269
>>17055280

So, where on this picture?
>>17055160
>>
>>17055180
scam

>>17055294
Just where he is. I assume the left lane will be moving a little faster than the right. You can't help but be next to people when passing but they can see you approaching in their mirrors which is important.
>>
>>17055311
>I assume
>bases entire point on an assumption

cmon son
>>
>>17055322
well that's generally how roads work so I figured I would go by that instead of typing out every possibility

>If both lanes are moving the same speed
move forward a little bit so you're "between" the cars in the right lane rather than being right next to either one where they could merge into you
>if the right lane is moving faster
staying close to the dashed line is still the best choice because people will be able to see you soonest as they approach from behind and to the right
>>
https://www.finn.no/mc/all/ad.html?finnkode=94802479
1300 euro, needs new carborator. Thoughts?
>>
>>17055340
could you not get a decent ninja 250 for that price?
>>
>>17055337
>well that's generally how roads work
not outside the us and its still an assumption inside the us because people dont know or care how the road is supposed to work

>move forward a little bit so you're "between" the cars in the right lane rather than being right next to either one where they could merge into you
potentially in a blind spot

roads are unpredictable and dynamic and there are limits to what one can do as far as prevention and no amount of armchair riding will solve this
>>
>>17055389
>>well that's generally how roads work
>not outside
They work like that in every first world country except UK.
>>
>>17055389
I never said crashes are 100% preventable. I just said you can avoid most of them just by riding smarter.
>>
>>17055409
>They work like that in every first world country except UK
i dont see any point in this statement

>>17055421
which is true but the guy gave you a specific scenario in which there is very little he can do
>>
this is becoming some serious autism
>>
>>17055427
>there is very little he can do
except
>>17055337
>>17055311
>>
>>17055448
except make an assumption about how traffic is flowing?
>>
>>17055437
It's fun to read for me.
I do wonder how much time they spend riding in heavy traffic.
>>
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/apr/20/germaine-mason-olympics-silver-medallist-dies-motorcyle-crash-jamaica

This nigger wasn't even wearing a helmet.
>>
>>17055506
wonder what bike it was
>>
>>17055506
another one bites the dust
>>
>>17055506
>no mention of bike
>no mention of speed
>no mention of gear
booo
>>
>>17055506
why i dont ride on palisadoes the article
wind is p heavy out there too
>>
what is the commuter/hooligan 125 enduro of choice
>>
>>17055546
you live in jamaica?
>>
>>17055554
wr
>inb4 accusations of wranon
>>
>dreamt of SR400s last few nights
>checking them out on gumtree
>$2000 tax on them not being turned into cafe racers
>>
>>17055578
unfortunately yes
>>
>>17055583
what other dual sport 125's are there?
>>
>>17055554
CT110
>>
>>17055591
ktm? don't know just that one off the top of my head
>>
>>17055587
that sounds pretty neat, what do you ride?
>>
>>17055591
people with xr125's seem to like them
>>
File: good night and sweet memes.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
good night and sweet memes.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>17055598
>that sounds pretty neat
it really doesnt

i ride the best bike in this thread :^)
>>
>>17055583
>170cm
>>
>>17055614
I'm actually really curious about those korean/chinese motorcycles. How is it?
>>
>>17054718
I ran from fish and wildlife officers twice, and a peace officer once.

That was on a 450 racing atv, 10 years ago when I was 13. Ive lost my balls since then apparently.
>>
>>17055626
kek is he really that tall?
>>
>>17055632
p good desu. really not as bad as everyone suggests
>>
File: kawasaki-kmx125-1987-2.jpg (107KB, 800x560px) Image search: [Google]
kawasaki-kmx125-1987-2.jpg
107KB, 800x560px
>>17055591
2 smokes
>>
>>17055636
Wr? Yes
>>
>>17055641
what do most people ride there?
>>
>>17055658
either nothing or not scooters
>>
>>17055658
chinese 125s/150s :ramco, jamco, supra, ybr's

some 250's: a few chinese, honda twisters, unicorns like my bike or ninja/cbr 250s/300s

cbr600 /gsxr600 / r6 and a few ninjas

a small batch of rare shit like multistrada, panigalle, hypermotard, stripple etc.

>>17055674
only a few scooters desu
>>
>forecast saying 3% chance of precipitation
>start gearing up to go for a ride
>hear a pattering outside
>open the door
>torrential downpour mixed with hail
>start taking my gear off
>it stops
>put my gear back on
weather pls
>>
>NEW
>>17055767
>NEW
>>17055767
>NEW
>>17055767
>NEW
>>17055767
>NEW
>>17055767
Thread posts: 382
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.