[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT / SQT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 359
Thread images: 51

File: QTDDTOT.jpg (133KB, 1450x496px) Image search: [Google]
QTDDTOT.jpg
133KB, 1450x496px
Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Threads Thread.

Ask your /o/ related short sensible or dumbass questions and wait for an answer.
>Please consider finding your answer on Google first and then when you are hopeless, come here.

Also when you have posted your question, scroll through the thread for questions that you may know an answer to.

>Check for General Threads in Catalog because there is a big chance that you'll get a specific and detailed answer for your question there than when you ask here.

Previous QTDDTOT Thread - >>16733311
>>
>>16775147
So if I have an aftermarket headunit that does 22 watts RMS /50 Peak x4 channels and the speakers that I'm looking at are rated from 2-80 watts RMS power range would it be safe to say I need an aftermarket amplifier or will the built in one be fine? Technically it says it should work but I've also read that underpowering speakers (by how much I have no clue) can damage them.
>>
File: IMAG0006.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0006.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
So today, I found out my turn signals no longer work, no clicking, no lights, nothing. Then, I discovered my power door locks that have not worked since I got the car now work... and it seems it only affects the passengers side door, which I couldn't even lock manually by pushing on the pin. The drivers side locks but not with the power switch. What should I check and how should I proceed while still retaining both turn signals and power locks? Although, I need turn signals much more than power locks

Just checked #1 and #5 fuses and they're still good, where should I try next?
>>
>>16775171
Whatever relay controls the signals, then look for wires that have frayed and are touching bare metal
>>
>>16775171
I think your car is rejecting those horrible rice-a-roni ebay chindian excuse for lights.
>>
>>16775154
pls respond before i go throw 150 dollars at the best buy salesman
>>
>>16775252
You and every one else has said something similar. Yes, I fucking hate them too

>>16775232
I just found out that they work fine when the engine is off but not when it's running. Ignition switch?
>>
When I press my brake pedal does it stop the front or all wheels ? I know the handbrake stop the rear wheels on most cars. If not how can I know wich wheel stop when I brake ?
>>
whats with the sticky's good cheap car chart?
>>
>>16775349
you've probably got disk brakes in the front and drums in the back, unless it's all four of either. Pressing the brake pedal SHOULD slow all wheels, and if they don't you've got a serious problem
>>
>>16775349
The pedal brakes all wheels, the front gets more force than the rear on pretty much every car, but they all brake nonetheless.
>>
File: 1488571044357.png (99KB, 342x340px) Image search: [Google]
1488571044357.png
99KB, 342x340px
What is this sound? It stops when I press the clutch

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0FtossaziGW
>>
>>16775702
Have you tried driving with it? Is it a sound that gets louder with engine speed or car speed?
>>
>>16775726
Yeah actually, I have another recording to post. I can "feel" the noise if I put my hand on the shifter, its like a periodic bump

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0iokKqzOh37
>>
>>16775736
My car made a similar noise when the flywheel decided to commit Sudoku, but I have one of those double flywheels that are very common on diesel engines.

If the engine gets louder with engine speed, the issue might be flywheel/clutch related, if it gets louder with car speed then it's a problem inside the gearbox like a bad shaft bearing or something
>>
>>16775750
So if someone were selling a car as 'no title/parts only', assuming it weren't completely fucked, is there anything stopping me from fixing it up and retitling it?
>>
>>16775147
Want to get into cars so I'm looking for a guide that can give me an overview on how cars work, engines, different types etc. Anything you think I should know.

Looking for text guides rather than video if possible. Not looking for a car buying guide, just a general car guide.

Thanks /o/.
>>
>>16775803
The only limit is your budget my dude

If you really want to buy Cletus' Honda Civic thats been sitting in the yard for a decade and restore it, by all means
>>
Looking at a used 4.6 F-150 that was previously a rental vehicle, actual mileage unknown as the cluster was replaced, but estimated around 150k. Owner does have all of the previous maintenance records though.

Too much of a risk?
>>
>>16775147
Where can I do that art, OP? The one in the last thread was nice to look at too.
>>
>>16776095
OP here. It's from this website named pizap.com
>>
>>16775810
Start from wikipedia, get the basic concepts from there, then pick a subject that you like and start delving into the citations from wikipedia, there are plenty of good reads in there.

Unfortunately, there aren't many all-inclusive guides for cars, there is simply too much stuff to talk about.

Start learning the basic components and how they work: engines, suspensions, transmissions, brakes, steering, diagnostic networks, etc.
Sometimes videos can make you understand things way better than a detailed explanation so you might want to watch some stuff on YouTube to understand some hard to visualize stuff like differentials, engine valvetrains, gearboxes and so on.

If wikipedia doesn't satisfy you, use Google, it will give you a lot of beginners guides on pretty much everything there is to know.

Just don't try to find a definitive car guide contained in a single document, it doesn't exist.
>>
>>16775147
hey /o/ gonna check out 1999 nb miata today with 80000 on the odometer it's in SOCAL so it's rust free what should I look out for. He says the AC feels weak so he is only asking 4000 too much? The paint also could use work but it's just a few areas.
>>
>>16775866
From someone who drives rentals on a regular basis for work and works with many people who also drive rentals a lot: avoid ex-rentals at all costs.
Don't even consider them, people don't give a single shit about cars when they aren't their property,
Redlining a cold engine, jumping on curbs, needlessly trashing transmissions "just to see how it works", stoplight racing, burnouts, misuse of handbrakes, wrong fuel usage are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the amount of mistreatment rental cars have to endure every time they are driven by people.
>>
Replaced the upper radiator hose recently and put on a new screw clamp. Now it's leaking out of the end because of the clamp. I tightened it, still leaking. Put on a better screw clamp, still leaking. Put two clamps on, still leaking. Any ideas why this damn hose won't stop leaking?
>>
Any mr2 guys around? I can't find the starter on my aw11. Gota give it some good whacks to get it moving.
>>
>>16776340
Thanks anon I'll attack it piece by piece.
>>
>>16776566
Bump pls. Car's pissing coolant
>>
>>16776566
Was the extension off the radiator or thermostat wet when you clamped it on, or were they damaged in any way? on some cars they have a lip on the end where the clamp will set to hold the hose on.
>>
>>16777127
As far as I can tell the extension off the radiator is fine and the hose is on right.
>>
>>16775154
>>16775263
No, you wont damage your speakers by underpowering them. Dont run your HU volume so high its clipping and youll be fine.
>>
File: G7144.jpg (11KB, 250x230px) Image search: [Google]
G7144.jpg
11KB, 250x230px
>>16777180
Get one of these
>>
I have $30 k in cash ready to buy a car , has to be 4 door , doesn't have to be fast but at least 0-60 in 7 sec or less, reliable and has to be 2010 + . What should I get ?
>>
whats the best 2015-2017 minivan?
>>
>>16775820
Nah someone in town has a merkur that they say has been sitting a few years buy the body looks great
>>
File: oil_mobil1_ultimate.jpg (121KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
oil_mobil1_ultimate.jpg
121KB, 800x600px
>>16775147
Where did the term HONKEY come from?

Is HONKEY a word for anyone that honks a lot?

Or is HONKEY from a specific group of people that honks a lot?

Or is HONKEY related to a certain type of car that honks a lot?
>>
File: Who_Needs_Visibility.jpg (23KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
Who_Needs_Visibility.jpg
23KB, 500x400px
>>16775810
>Want to get into cars so I'm looking for a guide that can give me an overview on how cars work, engines, different types etc. Anything you think I should know.
>Looking for text guides

Check out the automobile books torrent thread in /t/. Many books in the three torrents.
>>
File: an.jpg (73KB, 513x600px) Image search: [Google]
an.jpg
73KB, 513x600px
>>16778589
>>
i have some decals that run on the left and right of my doors. theyve been on there for atleast 12 years. my car has been mostly garaged parked and taken care of. my question is, i want to take the decals off can polish but im worried the ghosting left behind maybe too severe to be buffed out. thoughts? should i just live with the decals forever? repainting the areas is an option i suppose but for now the plan is just removal and polishing whats left over
>>
Changed my oil today. When I had it tied up and started the engine, for maybe a second and a half there was this clacking/knocking noise, then it went away immediately. I'm guessing it was the working parts were dry until the new oil was moved through them, but is this a sign of anything bad in the motor? Is there some step I skipped that led to this, and did I damage anything in the motor by doing this? The car is an 03 Grand Marquis with about 134k miles on it.
>>
>>16779459
I was about to say dirty pushrods can cause that, but Mod's were dohc.

Try some Lucas next time, your upper engine probably has some decent wear on it, might be due for a new chain tensioner too.
>>
>>16779078
The fading is definitely going to leave an imprinted area after 12 years, I imagine. Polish isn't really going to do you much good. It might not be too bad, seeing as the car has been out of the sun, but there's a better-than-good chance it'll be noticeable. If you don't mind paying for a decent re-spray, though, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

>>16777554
Gonna need some detail to help you. If you don't care, just buy a civic.

>>16779472
It sounded almost like it was coming from the lower end. Are you talking about the oil stabilizer they sell?
>>
File: fog wiring diagram.png (7KB, 621x244px) Image search: [Google]
fog wiring diagram.png
7KB, 621x244px
I want to wire up some JDM projector fogs and cornering lights to my car, and I can't use the stock wiring for one set since it's only wired for one set of fogs. Will this wiring setup + a junkyard OEM switch work for the missing side? I plan on reusing the original wiring and switch for the cornering lights (which are 35W 1156 bulbs) since they take about as much or less power as the original fogs do, and the 85W H3s I want to put in the projectors take more so I'll make a heavier duty harness for them.
>>
File: ccc.jpg (59KB, 470x672px) Image search: [Google]
ccc.jpg
59KB, 470x672px
I'm already paying a car note @ $350 a month for the next 4 years but I could also get one of these at a really good deal. Am I being silly or not? It's an immediate family member's car who doesn't need it anymore with 70,000 miles.
>>
>>16779569
Depends. What's the car you have now?
>>
>>16779580
2014 Mustang. V6 :[
>>
>>16779569
>buying an old BMW with no warranty
>>
>>16779594

>>16779595 beat me to it. You're getting a car that's 5 years older than the one you have, and 8 years old already. 70k isn't a lot, but unless your Mustang has a gorillion miles, it really doesn't make sense. Aside from that, I'm going to guess than a BMW costs way more to keep up with, and the depreciation is going to hit harder than it would with the Mustang. The V6 isn't the end of the world; plenty of bolt-on performance to make you happier.
>>
>>16779569
Did those engines still have the fuel pump issue in 2009? Id look into that at least, but also your 2014 v6 Mustang isnt as bad as you probably think it is
>>
>>16779635
Yea, y'all are right. Upkeep on BMW's is the worst. The plan would be to keep both cars, thinking I would probably get the BMW for ~$4k or 5k (maybe even free), but it's still not worth it repairing it.
>>
Decided to check /o/ before washing my car and going to bed. I have to be up in 6 hours.

>>16779482
>It sounded almost like it was coming from the lower end. Are you talking about the oil stabilizer they sell?
Oil treatment, but yeah. If it is coming from the lower end (unlikely, you would hear it aways, and it would sound like it was coming from the pan, not the block. Piston rods and cylinders are good at echoing upper engine noises) it'd be more likely main bearings, which you shouldn't have to worry about on the 4.6 until 300k+, or if you added boost.
With less than 150k, a mod shouldn't have major engine problems (except the normal gasket leaks). Just throw some of the Lucas molasses in there. It's pretty much a requirement on every Chrysler olf past 140k, and really does keep 'em going.
The thick oil hangs on to critical engine components during dry starts, and the additives keep your lubricants lubricating.
>>
>>16779565
Looks good to me m8. 30A fuse is a bit excessive though if I understand you right. Also whats the always on light down at the bottom?
>>
>>16779907
That's the little on/off indicator light on the switch, and it should be switched by the fog switch. Would a 15 or 20 amp fuse be better? A wattage to amps calculator said 170W at 12v is 14.1A, would a 15A fuse be cutting it too close?
>>
>>16779078
Waxing the car will hide a lot of the slight ghosting. The shine does a lot. Another is that no one is looking at your car closer than five feet since they are in their own cars.
>>
>>16779966
Ok. The way you have it in your diagram, the indicator light on the switch will always be on. Not sure whether its a mistake in circuit or diagram design, but the wire on the ground end of your light should connect up on the other side of your switch in the diagram.

Generally you want the continuous load of your circuit to be no more than 75% of the fuse's rating, so a little above that is best. A 20A should do the job fine.
>>
File: fog wiring diagram.png (4KB, 621x244px) Image search: [Google]
fog wiring diagram.png
4KB, 621x244px
>>16780343
Ah, shit that's what I get for trying to do this while tired after work. Fixed it.
>>
>>16775147
In Sc if your 18 do you have to get your learners first or can i just go take the test and get my actual licence? please help me
>>
Can I refill the manual tranny fluid on my 03 Mustang GT through the shifter by removing the shifter?
>>
>>16780545
Why would you want to do that? There is a fill plug on the side of the gearbox specifically to dump oil in it
>>
File: vw_golf.jpg (21KB, 600x378px) Image search: [Google]
vw_golf.jpg
21KB, 600x378px
>>16775147

VW Golf V 2.0 FSI 150 bhp. Yay or nay ?
>>
Coolant's been leaking out of my car like a pissing drunkard whenever it's at operating temps. It's coming from the right side of the radiator. I've tried UV dye and all that and I can't find the exact spot. Would stop-leak help or should I just bite the bullet and get a new radiator?

1998 Oldsmobile intrigue
>>
Lexus IS200/300 or BMW 325i?

Explain your reasoning
>>
>>16775147
I'm in need of a good dash cam for my car and I need recs. I also have a passing interest in getting a CB radio just for emergency purposes and I have even less of a clue of where to go for those than I do with dash cams.

Does anyone here live in the USA and use a dashcam? Do you use both front and rear facing cameras?
>>
Is there anything I should know about lane splitting? Any tips or general advice?
>>
File: BMW_3er_Limousine07.jpg (280KB, 2046x1209px) Image search: [Google]
BMW_3er_Limousine07.jpg
280KB, 2046x1209px
>>16780712

BMW 325i has garbage reliability compared to the Lexus. BMW 325i has garbage reliabilty compared to anything actually if you go for the E90 325i with the N52/N53 engine.
The E46 325i with the M54 engine is one superb car tho.
The Lexus is more boring tho.
>>
>>16780751
Would you say the E46 is the best gen then? Regarding both cars, what year would you go for?
>>
>>16780767

the E46 325i is older technology, it's only real downside is the heavy oil consumption ( about 1L/1000km is normal fuel consumption and you can't do anything about it ). Other than that, it's a spectacular engine with great overall reliability.
You, my american friend, got only the N54 325i engine in the E90, which is know to be one of the worst engines of all time : Fuel pumps fail every 30k km, timing issues, intercooler fails, injector fails. Crap engine.

Stay away from the N engines.
>>
>>16780792
Fuck, that sucks. Well, I do appreciate the help greatly. I'll just need a bit more info on the IS200/300 before I make my decision, which hopefully somebody can help me on
>>
>>16780691
Just make sure the leak is indeed coming from the radiator and change it, I wouldn't trust those stop leak fluids, they have always given me the impression of simply being a thing that spreads gunk all over the engine
>>
File: IMG_7868.jpg (58KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7868.jpg
58KB, 640x480px
>>16780811

Just get urself an E46. With the money you would spend on an E90, you could get a really nice E46 loaded with toys and proper maintainance. Apart from the oil consumption, the engine is made out of granite.
>>
Is it bad for the transmision to "manually" shift with an auto? I mean using the L 2 D and overdrive for fourth gear.
>>
>>16781514
No, they gave you the ability to use those features specifically to break your transmission and fuck up your car
>>
>>16780723
Only do it when traffic is stopped, and only do it in California
>>
1996 Corolla or Honda Accord as a first shitbox? I can't decide
>>
I've got a naturally aspirated diesel peugeot, and when trying to start up the car at colder temperatures like 32 degrees F and below, the engine struggles to run before it warms up, it keeps sputtering - RPM's keep jumping down, sometimes making the engine stall at colder temperatures unless i give it some gas. The starter turns completely fine, and it clears up once the engine is warmed up a bit in a few minutes. Maybe the injectors are wearing out?
>>
>>16781604
Glow plugs?
>>
File: image.jpg (992KB, 2713x2713px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
992KB, 2713x2713px
having an annoying little issue on my b14 200sx, seems like some electrical retardation is going on but idk.
>cruising in any gear, usually between 2-3k rpm
>clutch in/throw in neutral when coming to a stop, say
>instead of settling gently at idle speed the engine bogs down violently, sometimes even stalls
>rises back to regular idle after a few seconds
>doesn't happen every time, but more often than not
cleaned my MAF and VSS. changed out plugs, wires, dizzy cap, rotor button, and air filter with OEM-quality parts. needless to say, the car runs great now but none of these things fixed the stalling issue. what's my next step? I don't wanna keep throwing money at this stupid little issue if it's something that can be fixed easily with one new sensor.

pic related glorious shitbox
>>
>>16781618

1.6 or 2.0 liter?
>>
>>16781629
1.6 unfortunately. a sr20 swap may very well be in the future though
>>
>>16781637

Clean the IAC valve
>>
File: edit_01.jpg (2MB, 3064x1056px) Image search: [Google]
edit_01.jpg
2MB, 3064x1056px
>>16775147
A guy I know is selling a 2008 S63 AMG for just $22k and I'm kinda tempted to pull my trigger at it. It contains almost every options ticked and is RWD and has a 6.3L V8.

I know the maintenance costs may fuck me up but how often does these maintenances(break downs) take place? I have never owned an AMG let alone any German car. I currently own a 2010 Camry and has a job that pays me a decent 58k per year. Should I do this? What are your opinions?
>>
File: DSC_023.jpg (123KB, 1280x782px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_023.jpg
123KB, 1280x782px
>>16781850
The interior looks well taken care of!
>>
File: nicehachi-waitaminute.jpg (181KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nicehachi-waitaminute.jpg
181KB, 1920x1080px
Alright /o/. I'm looking for something manual, easy to work on, and rwd for maximum dorifto.

Should I snag a 1983 Celica GT-S I found on my local craigslist for $3,000, an $850 1985 Celica GT that was running when parked in 2001, hunt for a not-yet-trashed 240sx, or just break down and get a Miata?
>>
>>16781590
Corolla, it's the classic shitbox for a reason.
>>
>>16782027
Miata should be your plan B, because it's a piece of shit for faggots. It can drift though.
>>
Best first car for a £1000 and under in the UK?

4 seats is mandatory and 5 doors is preferable (but ofc I'm open to change, I accept I have a small budget.)
>>
>>16782204
Mk4/5 Fiesta
Cheap, nimble, durable and both 3 and 5 doors
>>
>>16782228
Thank you, I was previously considering a 1.4 Polo or Golf, is the Fiesta an improvement on this choice?
>>
>>16782238
I don't have experience on Polos, but I have a lot of experience on Fiestas since the mk3 and they are some sturdy little cars.
Get the 1.3 if you want something more durable (same engine as the Ka and mk3 Fiesta), get the 1.25 or 1.4 (Zetec family, Yamaha engines) if you want something a bit more fun, at the expense of a terrible fuel consumption.
The mk5 also had a 1.8 turbo diesel that is just an underpowered version of the one found on the Focus of the same period, fucking bulletproof engine that pulls hard and drinks nothing, except for the high pressure pump that had an habit of blowing up at 190/200k km and leave you with no fuel.
>>
>>16782265
Thanks for your advice anon, I'll do some further research.
>>
>>16782265
Also, how many miles should I look for on these?
>>
File: ball joint.png (2MB, 1199x744px) Image search: [Google]
ball joint.png
2MB, 1199x744px
The upper ball joints on my 03 explorer need replacing. Mechanic quoted me at $400. Is this something I can do myself with parts from the junkyard or should I leave it to the experts? I'm pretty handy but the only car work I've ever done was replacing my door. I'd love to get more experience though.

https://youtu.be/7HdJ8DgvNmY
>>
>>16782333
I could also just buy a new control arm if y'all think it's a better idea than the junk yard

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/shop_years/ford-explorer-control-arm-2003.html
>>
>>16782314
Low mileage is unlikely considering the youngest mk5 is 15 years old now.
I've seen 1.2s and 1.4s reaching 500k with just basic maintenance, 1.3s are even better, but they tend to suffer from noisy valve rockers and generally require a tiny bit more maintenance than the others.

Just make sure they have been maintained, look under the oil cap for yellow gunk (avoid if found). If you go for diesels, find someone with a lot less than 200 or a bit more, as that is the time when fuel pumps fail, if it hasn't failed at 200k then it won't fail

Mk5s also have a sporty version with a 100hp 1.6 which is a bit rarer and probably expensive.
>>
>>16782333
That'll be the whole upper arm so a newb should be able to pull that off no problem.

And buy the new arm, they don't last for shit anyway so a junkyard piece will be almost worn out anyway
>>
Anywhere besides rockauto to buy parts online? The prices seem alright until you get to the shipping. $7 shipping seems crazy for two tiny tie rod ends, especially considering it will take a week to get here.

Nothing compared to the $32 shipping for next day
>>
What mods would be best bang for the buck on a 4.0 V6? I mostly want more low end hp, but I don't want a supercharger or 5.0 swap.
>>
For someone in the US, whats a good first car, and how much should i expect in fucking costs like insurance and maintenance?
>>
>>16782657
I use rockauto.com for a part number catalog and Amazon with prime for the actual ordering
>>
>>16783285
$3k civic, not much at all
>>
File: fafaf.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
fafaf.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
so ive got a shitbox plymouth that doesnt run. car has wiring issues out the ass and half the time the fuel pump doesn't work

the question is should i bother making it run to sell, or just pull out the engine and either sell it separate or use the engine for a project
>>
>>16783324
Thanks.
While on the subject of costs, i remember AAA saying the average costs should be around 7-8k per year, is it true?
>>
What would you check first for a rough/struggling idle?
I just fired up a car a bought a little while ago but I had to keep a little gas on to keep it from stalling and below about 1500 rpm it looked like it wanted to shake itself apart.
It's a 240sx with a KA24e if it helps.
>>
>>16783441
Clean MAF/MAP/IAT/whatever air sensors you have
Then plugs, wires, coils, fuel filter, injectors, timing sensors
>>
>>16783441
Check air filter to see if it's bad, pull a spark plug to see if they're fouled, do a fuel injection cleaning.
>>
Best new car I can get (Avoiding CVT/DCT) automatic under $17k

It would be for daily driving not racing and grocery / light shopping trips.

I have a f150 I can borrow anytime to haul stuff.
>>
>>16783723
Why does it have to be new?

Why would you blow 17 grand on an automatic shitbox?
>>
>>16783805

Cause used at most dealerships doesn't save me enough money. If you have an idea of good deals at dealership used sections let me know.

I like having the idea of "well this is fucking up, dealership has to fix it"

The more money spent is less time I have to spend wrenching.
>>
>>16783826
I mean if you have 17k to blow, plus maintenance over the course of ownership instead of 10k including maintenance over the course of ownership, it's your money and I won't argue with ya. I don't know auto shit boxes off the top of my head, just avoid FCA or any turbo gm
>>
>>16783863

>Plus maintenance and less worry over sudden repairs being needed.
>What's a warranty
>10k for what, how many miles, how many years old?

I just don't see the value in those numbers without real cars to compare in value/ability.
>>
>>16780533
please help
>>
>>16784128
IIRC in SC, If you've never had a license before you have to get your permit first.

I think the time period before you can take the test is shortened though vs you being 16 and taking it.
>>
>>16783997
We can't do the research for you dude. but you're not going to find anything new AND have long term reliability for any thing under 17 grand.

Buying certified used car under 17k with warranty, you possibly could find something that will be reliable over the long term.
>>
>>16784167
ah okay thanks can i get insuranse and all that with just a learners?
>>
>>16784196
Yes, you can get insurance without having a license.
>>
>>16776566
Had the same problem, and it was the radiator cap.
>>
>>16782720
Anyone?
>>
>>16778589
there's lots of theories, but my favorite is that one that says "honkey" came from when white customers in their cars would honk their horns to get attention of the black prostitutes.
>>
how bad is a toe reading of 3 degrees?

i whacked my wheel going slowly around a traffic circle. got it realigned obviously.

didn't bend anything thankfully. i have a shitload of spare parts at home anyways.
>>
>>16784283
3 degrees in one wheel or 3 total?
3 on a wheel is a lot, you obviously bent something, you just don't see it
>>
>>16784290
3 deg on 1 wheel. i haven't picked the car up from the shop yet. i'll have to see what reading are on the alignment sheet.

i have at home: LCA + tension struts, knuckles and a spare steering rack. it's nbd if i did bend something. LCAs are brand new. just haven't got around to installing them.
>>
>>16784179

But going up by $5k magically increases this?

I'm literally looking for a car to last 7 years.
>>
>>16784331
Usually tie rods are the things that bend the most
>>
>>16784352
i was at max lockout trying to steer out of it. in retrospect i should have straightened out and use a bit of ebrake. it was hailing pretty good.

hit the curb at a max steering angle instead of perpendicular.

tie rods are the one thing i don't have lol
>>
Should I?
>Audi A6 2006 2.7 quattro
>Automatic
>Diesel
>170k km(105k miles)
>7000 euro
>>
hi /o/, im writing a story with a character who is a getaway driver. but i don't know enough about cars.

what are some good resources for researching this particular type of driving? i mean terminology, learning techniques and how to describe them. books, movies, youtube, anything works.

what would your ideal getaway car be?
>>
>>16775147
so the dealership sent me my registration and plates, only for me to find out the plate number on the reg doesnt match the actual plate.

now, my temps expired today, and i need a car for work (navy), so while i deal with this mess of talking to the DMV, how bad of an idea is it to just put the wrong plate on my car and try and explain in i get pulled over?
>>
File: 1487950651663.jpg (14KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
1487950651663.jpg
14KB, 276x183px
I have an old 85 jetta (gas) and the transmission doesn't engage in any forward gears and it's been sitting for a decade.
Should I get the trans fixed and attempt to get the engine running again, or drop in a new engine and trans and turn it into a sleeper?
>>
>>16785179
LS swap all the things
>>
>>16785254
But how hard would that be?
>>
My truck has OEM wheels that are 18"x8" and weigh about 30lbs. If I go with a wheel like pic related that's 17"x8" but weigh 38lbs, will I suffer a noticeable loss of power or MPGees?
In both instances, I would be running 33" tires.

Now, I drive a Nissan Titan and obviously it's not a sports car or a hypermiler, so I'm asking if the weight would be noticeable.
Thanks m8s
>>
>>16785394
$300 and an afternoon my dude
>>
>>16785397
Power won't go down but your handling and empeegees will suffer since you'd be adding 32 pounds of unsprung weight. I personally would find some other wheels that weigh the same or less as your OEM wheels, but as you said it's a trucc and it might not make that much of a difference.
>>
>>16785520
Thanks.
A lot of wheels for trucks look douchey, so simple designs look a lot better. The problem with OEM alloys is that very few have some good negative offset.
>>
Redpill me on Yonaka coilovers

Need some coilovers for my Integra, scrapes the ground when I take turns too quick. Are Yonakas any good?
>>
Is buying a new 5speed 5 door subaru impreza going to be a bad decision
>>
>>16782374
thanks br/o/
>>
should i drop out of uni and become an otr trucker

i have no friends and no attachments, and im not rly motivated to study anymore. i just want to see the world and drift away, sitting in my dorm room stewing is starting to make me want to kill myself.

any otr drivers want to chime and tell about what life is like on the road?
>>
>>16782374
>>16782333
>>16786256

btw are there any extra tools I need for an upper arm replacement? Besides ratchet, extension, the correct sockets, and jacks? Do I need 2 or 4 jacks?
>>
>>16786682
yes, if you're not in a stem major especially. But it's not a long term plan, will be replaced with ai eventually. Better keep that in mind, you won't retire as a trucker.

Not a trucker but have thought about it a lot and might try starting soon.
>>
>>16786725
yea i just want to do it for a few years and then go back to uni eventually
>>
Want to sell my 2015 jk wrangler. Paid $40k CAD for it. It is still in good shape with 50k km on it.

Any idea what'd I should ask for it?
>>
>>16784958
The dealership failed their duty to check that the plates matched the registration. Or they might even have received several sets of plates and gave yours to a different customer at the dealership.

Have the dealer contact registration and issue you another temp license for your window. They should be able to do that.
>>
>>16786730
you say uni so if you're from UK or straya idk how it is over there. but in the states I know most companies that hire noobs don't pay that well, the idea is you work there for up to a year and then you get better options once you have experience and a good driving record. only doing it a few years might not be worth it for some people. Also the experience isn't very applicable for most other careers, just keep that in mind. If you pay for school you want to get your value out of it, if the company pays and you just want to cruise for a while sounds decent.
>>
>>16775147
Whats the maximum height to fit comfortably into a Miata NB? Im 6'5, is there any way to make me fit into one?
>>
>>16786731
Too soon to sell on the used market.
-Huge tax to pay when transfering licenses
-Too high amount to buy without financing
-Financing is at 14%.

Keep it or trade for another car at a used car seller.
>>
>>16775349
A simple mod you can do is to redo the brake line pattern to H form instead of X.
It brakes way better.
>>
>>16780625
Nay.

>Generic boring commuter car.
>>
>>16781850
If you are going to do city mileage on it then you will cry.
These monsters are meant for highways.
>>
I'm looking to learn stick shift.
I'll be getting rid of my shitbox automatic soon.

Very tempted to just get a stick shift and learn it but I'm nervous I'll ruin the clutch and be without a car...

Is this a reasonable way of learning stick or no?
>>
>>16787498
C'mon.. I get tired of answering the same fucking question.
Learn on a 500$ civic/corolla and get gud
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (104KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
My grandmother owns a 1992 Oldsmobile 98 Regency that I'm considering fixing up and keeping. Is it worth it for a comfy land barge?

Known issues from my look over:
- Sat in the garage for a while, probably about 7 years maybe.
- Leak in the brake line somewhere. (brake fluid res is empty)
- No battery
- Will need all fluids replaced after all that time.

Pic related not her car but looks exactly like it.
>>
>>16785900
If it's less than a grand for a set then it's probably shit.
>>
>>16786781
i assume its the second possibility. ive already contacted the dealership, but seeing as theyre in SC while im up in NY i doubt that the temp will get here anytime soon.
>>
>>16787498
a few days of learning isn't going to murder the clutch unless the clutch was already done for in the first place
>>
>>16787777
fucking checkt
>>
>>16783441
Clean MAF with alcohol and a q-tip

Check plugs and look at wires at night to check for sparks to ground

Clean ALL the ground points with a wire
brush

Fill intake with cigar smoke to check for vacuum leaks
>>
>>16787498
Either buy a total shitbox and ruin it for a few days until you get the hang of it, or get a honda, the manuals are very sturdy and forgiving, that might teach you bad habits though.
>>
>>16788298
I'd just use CRC MAF cleaner instead
>>
>>16788298
Don't you need to blow smoke outside the intake? It's going to be sucked in the engine if you do like you said
>>
In the market for a new ride. I'm a poorfag so >$1500 is what I'd be willing to put down up front and preferably have a price tag of $5000 or less.

At the end of the day I would just need a reliable daily driver to get me to and from work 6 days a week which is about 50 miles round trip. If I had a choice I wouldn't want some little bitch car but if that's all I can get then that's fine. I feel more comfortable in trucks and SUVs.

The sticky won't load for me so I figure I'll ask here. Any recommendations?
>>
>mechanic tells me my engine is misfiring
>$95 for diagnosis
Is he for real? How serious could the issue be?
>>
I'm pretty much clueless as far as cars go. Why do some performance cars' exhaust systems produce a loud "Bang" when the engine is revved?
>>
>>16788488
Becauze they have a fuel injector in the muffler. Hot exhaust ignite the fuel that makes the boom.
>>
>>16788386
>I'm poor
>so I'm gonna finance a car
that's why you are poor

buy a 90s civic or corolla
>>
>>16788503
>fuel injector in muffler
What purpose does this serve? Is it to be obnoxious and loud or does it serve some performance purpose?
>>
>>16788390
>misfiring
Your car could literally blow itself up. Get it checked out or die
>>
>>16788519
No performance. Just makes a nice sound
>>
>>16788519
Sound.
>>
>>16788509
Where did he say he will finance?
>>
>>16788519
For clarity, some cars don't have an injector in the exhaust but still bang, especially when throttle is released after being fully pressed.
It has to do with valve timing, basically some unburnt fuel escapes the combustion chamber and, if the exhaust is hot enough, the fuel will ignite producing a loud bang
>>
File: 1488477820460.jpg (742KB, 1296x972px) Image search: [Google]
1488477820460.jpg
742KB, 1296x972px
What kind of Corolla is this? 7Th gen? 8Th gen? The bumper is what i really wanna know. Those fog hole covers are sick.
>>
>>16788686
Almost looks like a Subaru front bumper
>>
>>16788488
IIRC race cars use something called a misfiring system, also called antilag system to keep the engine firing without producing power because it keeps the turbocharger spinning so theres no turbolag. This is done by keeping fuel in the exhaust system in front of the turbo, hot exhaust causes the fuel to ignite which produces a bang.
>>
>>16784426
Nooo, its gonna break, and its gonna be a fortune to fix it. And you wont be able to fix it yourself because its absurdly overdesigned.
>>
>>16781590
Whichever you can find in better condition for your budget.
>>
>>16788894
Have you ever even seen an Audi or are you just parroting memes you have heard?
>>
>>16788930
Dude im from central europe, these are everywhere on used car sites. Audis from that era at that price are notorious for being huge moneysinks, the main problem being expensive parts and complicated internals that are very hard to fix if youre not a professional mechanic.
>>
>>16775147
Why do I like being a girl so much?
>>
how do i make stereo turn on when i start the car?
>>
File: 1459790224917.jpg (55KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1459790224917.jpg
55KB, 500x667px
Is there any reason to believe this valve cover kit won't work on my 07 Impreza?
https://allwheeldriveauto.com/product/subaru-2-5l-sohc-valve-cover-gasket-repair-kit/

It just says 2.5L engines at first, but the description doesn't include the 07 Impreza.
>>
>>16784376
i'm this guy.

so i got it to a place that actually cares about cars. bent a spindle.

right strut is at max adjustment for -2.5 camber and left strut is just chilling in the normal adjustment range.

ah well. guess i'll need new coilovers. and put all that other shit i have at home one all at once.
>>
File: nsr500.jpg (129KB, 750x563px) Image search: [Google]
nsr500.jpg
129KB, 750x563px
why did racing machines like pic related have mufflers?
>>
>>16789854
not sure if it still applies to real racing, but at least on trackdays there are dB limits on how loud your car or bike can be
>>
>>16789626
Is it constantly on now? Like you have to turn it off manually before leaving the car?

If it's an aftermarket with an ISO connector, swap one end of the orange wire with the corresponding end of the red wire, this way the main power is under the ignition switch instead of coming straight from the battery
>>
File: 2t5G3.jpg (82KB, 600x905px) Image search: [Google]
2t5G3.jpg
82KB, 600x905px
>replace broken lower ball joint on truck I just bought
>a month later, the other lower ball joint goes kaput. replace it.
>a month later, first replaced ball joint goes bad
>a week later, second replaced ball joint goes bad
>both were the mid tier (don't have the receipt with me, can't remember the name) NAPA brand ball joint

ok what the fugg is going on? did I get unlucky with shitty parts? is there something else that could be causing me to go through so many fucking ball joints on such little time?

2001 Tundra. They do have problems with their OEM ball joints but afaik not to the point of breaking 2 lower ball joints in a month for fuck sake
>>
I know very little about buying cars. Don't have the cash for a new vehicle. I was thinking of getting a used one with a car fax report. Is car fax reliable? Or does it not even matter?
>>
File: 00E0E_dYKi8EGmZMw_600x450.jpg (33KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
00E0E_dYKi8EGmZMw_600x450.jpg
33KB, 600x450px
Is this worth 3 grand? AWD correct?
>>
>>16790718
If it runs and drives, yes, if no, that's about $2k too much. They did come in FWD so you'll want to ask or look for a rear diff to see which it is.
>>
>>16790668
It matters. It gives you a good idea of the car's basic history, any accidents, if maint was done, where it was driven (rust). But it's not perfect, it won't really tell you how the last owners drove it and the older the car is the less reliable Carfax is. Still a valuable tool for getting a used car along with the ever popular "have a mechanic check it out".
>>
would a 24mm socket work on a 23mm bolt?
>>
>>16792452
Only if you like having rounded off bolts
>>
>>16790319
Are the failures the same way on your joints? Could it be something is unbalanced somewhere that is putting extra stress on that part? You provide no details other than it is broken.
>>
>>16792452
>would a 24mm socket work on a 23mm bolt?
What happens is this.

1st try: Your socket works. The head is slightly rounded or deformed by uneven pressure.

2nd try: Your socket works. The head is more rounded.

3rd try: still works

4th try: Your head has gotten enough stress that it becomes rounded.

As to the 4th try, it can be more or even less due to how much pressure you had to apply to the bolt.
>>
File: full.jpg (268KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
full.jpg
268KB, 640x480px
Somebody redpill me on why the m103 engine is considered a good engine. I want to get a 300e but the engine is holding me back.

>made of 3 types of metal so it leaks oil all the time
>needs new head gasket every 100k miles
>sensitive electronics
>awful layout for repairs
>>
How hard is it to carb a 13B? I'm looking at getting an FB GSLE slicktop, but I'm a carb guy through and through, not a fan of EFI.
I know they have kits for the 12A, but that engine wasn't available in the FB after 1980.
>>
File: r32 lights.jpg (1MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
r32 lights.jpg
1MB, 2560x1600px
Should I sell my AE86 + Daily & buy a R32 Skyline GTR?
Tax return just hit my bank account and my funds finally permit it. Already have a friend who has been wanting to buy my 86 off me since I bought it & I have a 180sx "track car" that I still keep reg'd in case anything happens and I need an emergency car to get back & forth to work.

Burger here, so just not sure if now is the time to buy a Skyline since we keep driving the price up. Not sure if they're just gonna keep rising in price or if they're gonna fall.
>>
>>16792797
If it's after 1990 you are all good, strong engine.
Only problem I can think of are high mileage engines consuming a bit of oil and yeah, fucktards who never want to replace a headgasket start calling it a POS after 5 different owners and 400K miles, watchu gonna do.
>>
File: 99-00_Mercury_Cougar.jpg (117KB, 1580x1000px) Image search: [Google]
99-00_Mercury_Cougar.jpg
117KB, 1580x1000px
Would one of these make a decent shitbox? Apparently they sold pretty well in Europe so they can't be all that bad to drive, anyway.
>>
>>16793225
The price will just keep on rising until the R34 hits burgerland.

And once that happens, who the fuck knows what'll happen. But if one this is for certain, it's that the R34 will be one expensive fucking car.

I've had the chance to drive the R32 and I can say that it is an incredible car, definitely worth it.
>>
Is now the worst time to buy a car? And if so how bad is the market?

People tell me I should wait a couple months, but I don't really want to wait without good reason. I'm shopping for a $2k beater that will last me a few years (my first).
>>
>>16793377
Forgot to say I live in USA.
>>
>>16793377
What's going to happen in a few months?
If you want to wait, wait until January so you can bring down the price because the car is one more year old
>>
>>16793422
well currently everyone's getting tax returns and it's spring. As I'm told, it makes prices go up. I'm shopping on craigslist though, so I'm not 100% sure if it matters.
>>
Is a old-iah Subaru Legacy worth getting. The ad says 125k km on it, it's a late 2.0 2005 model. I sold my car last year and I want to buy something relatively cheap and reliable. The dude wants 5k yuros for it
>>
>>16777554
VW Golf/GTI or a FIST
>>
>>16780625
Yay, having driven them, they're a step up from Corollas and civics. Quick decent interior
>>
My area is absolutely barren on craigslist with alot of overpriced cars. Dealerships seem to be the same. Cheapest car my nearby dealership had was a high milage 96 saturn for $4k.

what are my options for getting a cheap first car?
>>
>>16781850
AMGs are a rich man's car because you may not be able to afford the frequent obvious maintenance.
>>
>>16793436
Oh OK, I'm not from the US so I wasn't aware of the tax return period
>>
So I am driving a Peuegot 206 (year 2000). The wheels on it have some rust, and I decided to buy some used aluminium ones. The seller of aluminium wheels doesn't have bolts included.

Are the bolts same for alu wheels and regular wheels? The size of the wheels is the same (14)
>>
Is it stupid to buy a small 1.2 engined car if it has clocked 90 K miles?
>>
>>16793903
Nope, you have to buy bolts for alloy wheels that have a slightly different shape.
>>
>>16788361
Yea it will go into the cylinders and into exhaust, but if you have decent lung capacity you can still build a lot of pressure.

Make sure you hold your thumb over the hose when you inhale and while checking for leaks to keep the pressure.

One time I was doing it on an stock sr20de through the brake booster hose and got half way through a cigarello with no signs of leaks.
Started unscrewing the oil cap and it blew it off the valvecover across the parking lot.
>>
>>16793563
Taking a road trip to go get one.
>>
>>16793436
Private party car sales don't typically vary in costs season to season. Bike prices however do.
>>
File: 1486503427140.jpg (929KB, 1932x2516px) Image search: [Google]
1486503427140.jpg
929KB, 1932x2516px
>>16785490
That cheap for an LS and compatible trans? I'm not much of an engine expert.
Also, link to said LS would be great.
>>
Hi /o/ !
There Is a circuit not at like 5min of driving from home, I was thinking about buying an ae86 trueno but is that a good car to start driving on a circuit?

Is there cheaper but ok car to learn drifting so I can train before getting this car so if I get an accident it's not too expensive to repair it? (Living in France so preferably a car from a European brand, I don't want to pay shitload for importing part to repair my car unless it's an ae86)
>>
>>16794079
I thought you were supposed to blow around the engine with the engine running and see if the smoke is being sucked somewhere.
>>
>>16794311
what if you make a costly trip and the car turns out to be shit due to some unmentioned problems?
>>
Approaching my first solo car purchase (parent bought lease is almost up).

Is it worth it to buy a shitbox and motorcycle or only an okay* car?

I live in Michigan for reference.
>>
>>16794426
it's a meme you dip
>>
I recently got a traffic violation. The judge gave me a small list of stuff to do before a certain date and said it wouldnt be on my record if i did it. Filling out the initial paperwork for a new job, and the forms asked if i had plead no contest to any feonies or misdemeanors. That violation counts right?
>>
>>16795169
I honestly didn't know.
>>
>>16775147
HELP MY CAR MADE A WEIRD METAL SOUND WHEN I MESSED UP AN UPHILL START.

I think I went upwards of 3K-4K rpm

also on the same day i tried going to reverse without the clutch in as I was getting out my driveway. It made a funny grinding sound but I realized my mistake before the car moved at all.

this is week 2 of driving manual pleaes be gentle
>>
>>16795639
Is it still making grinding sounds? If not, forget about it and try not to fuck up hill starts again
>>
>>16794973
Still less than buying an overpriced car or purchasing a shitty one just cuz you drove for it
>>
>>16795364
No, it's not a criminal offense which is what that paperwork is asking about (unless specified otherwise)
>>
Would a Mazda3 GT be a decent first manual car? Is it a good car overall? Seems like it is, but I'm not a huge fan of the high-tech nanny features like lane keeping.
>>
>>16775147
what's the point of acceleration/brake by wire when the driver still needs to control it by pedals anyways

i seriously hope this isn't a growing trend because I'm planning to buy a new car in 5 or so years after my first car that's just used.
>>
>>16796329
Well you are shit out of luck because throttle by wire has been a thing for more than a decade now.

The point of throttle by wire is that you can tune the actual response of the throttle body to enhance certain driving conditions (more direct response is good for aggressive driving, a slower and smoother response is good for fuel economy and driving comfort) or to adapt to modifiable programs like sport mode or Eco mode or whatever mode.
It's not because it makes the driver's job easier, it's because it's adaptable to different needs.
>>
File: 2008 Bullit 22250 shekels.jpg (156KB, 1200x896px) Image search: [Google]
2008 Bullit 22250 shekels.jpg
156KB, 1200x896px
How retarded would it be to buy one of these
>there are two in my area
Makes no sense we live in a remote frozen hellscape
>>
The anti-theft system has been engaging on my '99 Lincoln Continental. What the fuck can I do? I really don't want to take it to a Lincoln dealership, I know they'll rape me six ways to Sunday on the cost of fixing the security system. It only sometimes happens, but it happens enough to be fucking annoying. Would replacing the battery in the key fob fix it?
>>
>>16793225
If the 180SX is actually safe to drive as a daily for weeks while you wait on parts then go for it.

The R32 is a better GT car. If you're a manlet it is fairly comfy compared to your average shitbox.

If you can afford to wait, I would. Get a late model R32 like the 1993 or 1994 instead of jumping on the 1989/1990/1991 R32s that are less reliable due to the weaker oil crank.
>>
>>16796894
Possibly, you could also look and see if you can take the fuse out

>But i need my security system, my car might get stolen.

No, the nigger who stills your land yacht is not going to give two fucks its going off as he drives away.
>>
>>16796296
Yeah its decent they're just more expensive than your average hatchback.
>>
>>16796894
take it out
I had security system problems that escalated into my car dying randomly on the road
>>
>>16795364
If you're not thrown in jail for it, its not a misdemeanor or a felony, just a fine.
>>
>>16786725
Even if truckers are replaced with AI, they'll still need someone to monitor it.

They didn't get rid of conductors or pilots when when trains became automated, or planes were programmed to land on their own.
>>
File: IMAG0169.jpg (4MB, 3000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0169.jpg
4MB, 3000x4000px
Anyone here do electrical issues?

My power locks aren't working, 1985 celica supra. Replaced the wire/sensor, didn't help. The button itself, on the interior door handle, hangs limp, actuates nothing.

Passenger side seems A-OK, the button will work that side, just slowly.

Currently, I can use my locks manually, with the key. Pushing the button 4 times in a row will cause the driver's side to lock, and at that point it won't unlock electronically but I can use the handle and get out, at that point I just lock the car manually.

I have no clue how to test the relay, or how you find that thing. What do? Pic related, fought with this bitch for 30 minutes
>>
>>16776390
>Rent U-Haul to move sister in the middle of winter
>Pulling people out of ditches for money with the U-Haul on the way to her new house out in BFE
>Power braking to do a cool burnout
>Neutral drops
>Pedal to the metal, it'll throw heat into the cab sooner

Truck was a beast.
>>
>>16797515
Check grounds, and actuators, see if the actuators can be swapped or find known good ones on ebay.
>>
>>16797550
I knew I forgot something. The actuators DO move. Manually at least, and pushing the button, you can see them TRY to move... Not sure where to go beyond that.

Does the whole relay just have no power?
>>
>>16795364
No, your traffic violation is not a felony or misdemeanor. And by your record being clean, that means it doesn't show up where your insurance company looks at it and penalizes your rates. So you get monetary savings year after year for that. Always do stuff to clear your record.
>>
>>16775147
whats the easiest way to make your own body kit?
>>
File: 214718.jpg (45KB, 563x420px) Image search: [Google]
214718.jpg
45KB, 563x420px
Rough Idle

I have a 2014 Mazda6, and the idle seems much rougher than what I would expect a nearly brand new car to have. It's noticeable to me and occasionally passengers while at a stop. I can watch the tach drop by 3-400 rpm, surge up 600 then steady back out. Probably happens every 15 seconds, if car is in drive, reverse, or neutral.

I know Mazda has some weird extra revs to warm up faster bullshit, but this happens regardless of car being cold.

I plan to buy spark plugs (car only has 40k), and have already installed a new air filter. I'm a bit apprehensive to just grab plugs because they are unbelievably expensive for a basic family car, and should not be the problem at 40k miles.

I know this isn't normal because I ALSO have a 2014 Mazda3 with the 2.5L and 70k miles, and it does not have these problems and is on original plugs (I don't plan on swapping plugs between the two).
>>
>>16775147
when I turn overdrive off on my corolla while driving on highway around 70mph, the engine revs up to 4000rpm and close to 4500rpm when I continue accelerating. Is it normal? When I turn off overdrive the first few times, it doesn't rev this high.
>>
>>16798513
4 cylinders historically idle shitty because they don't have a power cycle on every revolution of the engine
>don't buy 4 cylinders you nigger
>>
>>16798513
also go to oreilleys and use their obd2 scanner
>>
>>16798762
used mine and autozone's, has no codes
>>16798754
I literally have the exact same engine in another car with none of these problems m8
>>
The plastic in my wheel well seems to have a hole in it. How do I fix that?
>>
File: s-l1600 (2).jpg (182KB, 1453x990px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600 (2).jpg
182KB, 1453x990px
ball bearing or friction drawers?

im guessing friction since all ball bearing drawers i see online have guides all the way to the end
>>
>>16798754
>4 cylinders historically idle shitty because they don't have a power cycle on every revolution of the engine

In fact they have two
>>
I'm a fucking poorfag. I have spare pads, but no rotors, and my breaks are squealing, as in wear indicator squealing and not contamination squealing

How retarded would it be to just put on new pads? I can't have the rotors turned because nobody will let you jack up your car in their parking lot and change things yourself, since they charge for that service.
>>
>>16799488
As long as your rotors aren't fucked (pitted) there is no reason to turn them anyway. They're probably fine, but you can measure them anyway if you want.
>>
>>16799510
The squealing is pretty bad. Would grooves be too worn or will the pads bed into them?
>>
>>16775147
Okay /o/, I hit a bigass pothole and I'm pretty sure my inner tie rod is fucked, video related. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isHmfLu20E4&feature=youtu.be

Would anything else make this sound, like the steering rack or something?
>>
>>16775147
Tried googling but all you get is rubbish.

What is the best dashcam for someone who drives a lot at night and doesn't want some vague Chinese product.
There's got to be an actual reliable manufacturer for these things, right?

Google only gives you "47 best dash cams on a budget" kind of shit with mostly Chinese shit.
>>
>>16775147
Some car companies provide several years of power-train warranty. For example Kia gives 10 years.

Does this warranty also include engine explosion in it?
>>
>>16801012
Define engine explosion
>>
>>16799237
>>
>>16801031
For example you raced/revved the car too hard at the stop light and then smoke comes out and then then engine goes kaboom.
>>
>>16775147
The Ferrari F355 is one of the cheapest ferraris you can buy. What are your opinions on this?
>>
>>16801119
Engines don't explode.
Anyway, warranty covers every problem that is not direct fault of the car's owner, assuming the owner respected the conditions for the warranty to apply, like always performing maintenance within schedule and not using the vehicle outside of its intended purpose.

IIRC some manufacturers specifically state in the contract that bringing it to a race track invalidates the warranty. But for stoplight racing, revving alone won't destroy your engine unless there are some other problems.

In that case warranty applies only if you are able to prove the damage was caused by unforseen causes and if they are not able to prove you were at fault.

Skipping maintenance alone invalidates pretty much every warranty you have, even if the problem arose because the car came faulty from the factory.

So, to answer your question: yes, if your engine grenades at a trafficking light because you revved it, your warranty still applies as long as you did not do something else that invalidates it
>>
>>16801148
Thanks. That answered my question.
>>
>>16801140
You get what you pay for, a $60k F355 is going to need $30k in service to run for a few years, especially if it's F1 trans. Well kept and cared for 355s are going for $100k right now. If you just want a Ferrari emblem I still think 550s and 575s are underpriced at $100k, much cheaper to run than a 355.
>>
Been looking for a daily car to get me around, I generally drive about an hour daily between highway and in town.

I was looking at cars for sale and fell for a 92 Accord I saw, I'm thinking of getting it at 191000km at 2k, its been saftied already. Am I making a mistake if I go for it? What should I look out for if I go see it?
>>
>>16796329
>what's the point of acceleration/brake by wire when the driver still needs to control it by pedals anyways

If you are wondering why they make you still use pedals if it is control by wire, that is simple. People are used to using pedals, and making you learn a different system can be confusing. By having all cars use pedals for acceleration and brakes, it means you don't have to learn a different system if you rent a car or borrow someone elses or buy another car that doesn't have what you expect.

So, just because drive by wire exists, the car companies are NOT going to move your brakes and accelerator onto the steering wheel.
>>
File: 1463025323555.jpg (152KB, 1202x761px) Image search: [Google]
1463025323555.jpg
152KB, 1202x761px
>>16789651
Funny as I was gonna order this myself. Same issue with my Outback.

I'm wondering if 169.99 is too much for all the parts included or not.
>>
Trying to decide between a 2016 VW GTI 2 door 6 speed manual, or a 2010 Infiniti G37x coupe. Both have all the creature features I want. Infiniti is 3k cheaper.

Plz halp
>>
>>16802283
>buying a german car
>ever
JUST
>>
>>16802283
I'd go with the VW. Less likely to have been abused and suffered less abuse over time
>>
rat crap on the engine block what do?
>>
For clarification, The VW has 24k miles, the inifniti has 33k
>>
File: 1483337523026.jpg (72KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
1483337523026.jpg
72KB, 700x467px
What brands should I be looking at for fun, light shitboxes that come in manual? I know Honda for sure, but are there any others? Ideally I'd like to just get a CRX but finding one that isn't 99% rust where I live is going to be impossible.
>>
My car has this issue with repeated use. If i use it multiple times a day, without a signifigant time between uses (probably at least an hour id say) it has a tendancy to fuck up on me. Itll generally just not run good for a bit. Today it died on me on the highway. It seemed to be choking, giving it gas would only work for a sec and then id lose power again. Had to keep pumping the gas until i pulled to the side to look at it. didnt see any obvious issues. Shut the hood, started it a few times, still ran like shit. Started it a few mins later and it was fine.
While in park the engine didnt seem to be choking itself, but when i put it into gear i could barely get it to move a few feet without pumping the gas.
Its died like this a few times before, and almost every time if i just give it a bit of time it runs fine. What could cause it to only mess up when frequently turned off and on?
>>
>>16802742
fucking car in your picture
ZZW30 as well
featherweight class cars, mid engine too so you can make most of that lightness
>>
File: 00O0O_2UT9RSyLRhs_600x450.jpg (41KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
00O0O_2UT9RSyLRhs_600x450.jpg
41KB, 600x337px
>>16802972
The only MR2s around here are ZZW30s. I don't like how they look as much as AW11s.

But its the same thing for AW11s as it is with CRX, finding one that isn't mostly rust is going to be really hard.
>>
>>16802500
Clean it..Or don't
>>
>>16802500
quit crapping on your engine.
>>
how do transverse mounted engines work
>>
>>16801119
Just make sure to read the warranty very carefully. The car companies employ lots of (((lawyers))) to ensure that nothing too significant is covered.
>>
>>16803190
Unless its some shitty """""AWD""""" system (that rarely ever actually uses the rear wheels) its easier to make a FWD car when the crankshaft and all that is already perpendicular to the wheels
>>
Hey, how bad is it to use opened brake fluid? Mines about 2 months old and I need to rebleed mine since it would seem I left some air in the lines
>>
How likely would someone be to get approved for a car loan on buying a used car from a private party? My credit is around 700-720.
>>
Looking to buy one of two scooters, same manufacturer different models, the only different specs are;
85kph max speed, 6.2kw @ 7500rpm, 5.5L fuel capacity, 12" wheels, £1248
90kph max speed, 6.5kw @ 7500rpm, 6L fuel capacity, 13" wheels £1500
Worth the extra cash for the better model?
>>
Is engine machining /o/ related enough to make threads about?
>>
Any one have that picture of the McDonalds ad with the ricers

>let me get a Big Mac
>toss some cheese on there too
>My homies
>My car
>my turbo
>breakin 10s
>>
File: ss+(2017-03-09+at+11.08.32).jpg (114KB, 532x693px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-03-09+at+11.08.32).jpg
114KB, 532x693px
I gave up for tonight but I can't get the nut on this stud the place is too tight. I can't fit my hand in there while holding the nut, and I've tried things like taping the nut lightly on a a spanner so it doesnt fall, but I can't get the thread started. It's tucked under some shit so I can't fit a socket on it either.

Any tips for tomorrow when I try again?
>>
>>16804505
Did they tip?
>>
File: 9006.jpg (33KB, 596x595px) Image search: [Google]
9006.jpg
33KB, 596x595px
>>16775147
are this type of led bulb last long? they dont seem to have any heatsink?
>>
Striker ripped out of drivers door jamb, wat do
>>
>>16804877
most of the watts of a simple lightbulb are used to make heat, and the rest is for the actual light.
LEDs do the opposite of them, they almost have no heat so they dont need any heatsinks in the most cases
>>
>>16804990
though there are some that has a huge headsink and a fan within the housing? they said it is for cooling the circuit board. so I guess this cheaper ones is just a simple leds?
>>
>>16775147
Are additional exaust ports worth a try on a 2-stroke engine?
I have a 60/4 cylinder and need a bit more power for my Simson.
>>
File: 4359874258743y8564376.png (407KB, 1287x330px) Image search: [Google]
4359874258743y8564376.png
407KB, 1287x330px
What's /o/'s opinion on Royal Purple products?
Are they really worth it or is it all just overpriced snake oil?
>>
>>16804877
LEDs always last longer than conventional light bulbs.
>>
>>16805039
Overpriced meme. Get castrol edge or mobil1 instead
>>
Can someone share any opinions on this?
https://hickory.craigslist.org/ctd/6033350889.html
I love its look, but the price looks inflated (my area sucks tho).

How much should I be willing to pay?
>>
>>16789928
I'm pretty sure there is a limit for official racing. since some of the races are near residential area.
>>
File: rpm.jpg (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
rpm.jpg
10KB, 300x300px
Highway question.
Does the engine/components die faster on higher RPM?

> Suzuki shitbox (m13a engine as far as I know).
> 5 speed manual

I have two choices.
a) Go with 65 mph
b) Go with 80 mph

a)
> Engine only revs at 3k RPM
> Hit every hole on the fucking road since the right lane is fucked

b)
> Engine revs at 4k RPM
> It goes smooth though
> Throttle is at ~30% to keep said speed

Red line is at 6-7k but I am pretty sure at that point this car would just blow up.
So.. see the question on top.

The front shock absorbers were 220$, so not cheap, but neither is a blown engine.
>>
>>16805217
Fuck me even Google does not find anything on this.
Reeeeeeeeee.

I also want to buy a new used car, a wagon.
(While the Suzuki is amazing - never breaks, takes no money... the storage space is very lacking, it's essentially non-existing.)
>>
Looking at buying a used car from '02, though it's been in an accident in '14 and was repaired and approved. It was a "Repairable Write-Off" after the crash. Should I go for it? Its being sold by a dealership, so I'd guess it should be okay?
>>
>>16803190
Exactly like longitudinal mounted engines
>>
>>16805323
hell no.

it will never drive right and the insurance will be more expensive than it should be if you can even find a company to insure it
>>
>>16804727
Put some grease on the outside of the nut, put the nut in a spanner, now the nut should stick to the spanner and allow you to reach that place.
Also a strong magnet taped to one end of the spanner should hold a nut on the other end.
>>
>>16805217
Yes the engine's internals wear faster the faster the engine is spinning.
No, the engine won't explode because you rev it faster unless there is some other problems that you are intentionally neglecting
A 1k RPM difference is not much and engine wear takes so long that you wouldn't be able to measure the difference anyway so don't lose sleep over it and choose the faster, pothole-less road
>>
>>16805217
Potholes fuck more up than medium range rpms.
>>
File: 107 Seite.jpg (99KB, 847x565px) Image search: [Google]
107 Seite.jpg
99KB, 847x565px
How effective are a partial kammback, covered rear wheels and a partial grill block to reduce air resistance?
I live in germany and want to go faster without needing more fuel, my car is geared for 230km/h, but drives only 175km/h.
Pic related is a crude paint version of my idea:
>>
>>16805503
It depends, but I doubt you will be able to compensate for the missing 55km/h with just that.
Your car was geared for fuel economy since the theoretical top speed is so much higher than the actual, drag-limited top speed.

You need more than wheel fairings and spoilers to fill that gap.
>>
>>16805556
I know it won´t drive 55km/h faster, but even al little bit more speed and a little less fuel consumption would be nice.
My DD is pretty much 60km of wangan and 5km of restricted speed.
Even 200km/h wold be awesome.
>>
>>16805364
>>16805401
Thanks fellas.
Well there are holes I almost bite my tongue, even if I pass on them with 65mph.
Basically the country is fucking lazy to fix the highway, and trucks kept killing the right lane.

Can't blame trucks, they gotta get from A to B, but fuck the government.
You even have to pay an extra fee to use it.

> inb4 why not use normal roads
Well, just as bad if not worse. And it takes +1 hour each day.
>>
>>16805578
Are you sure your car can do 230?
Or even 200?

My bet would be professinal ECU tuning, good air filter and the like.
Maybe better fuel IF your car is designed to handle it.

These spoilers / covers are not really designed to reduce anything, they just look 'cool'.
>>
>>16805578
It won't hurt of course, but I don't think you will be able to reach that double-digit percentage of drag reduction that you would need to cruise at 200 with the same engine power.

You are underestimating how much power you need to reach higher speed.
To quote wikipedia:
>With a doubling of speed the drag (force) quadruples per the formula. Exerting four times the force over a fixed distance produces four times as muchwork. At twice the speed the work (resulting in displacement over a fixed distance) is done twice as fast. Since power is the rate of doing work, four times the work done in half the time requires eight times the power.
If you want to keep the same power, you need massive reduction in drag, which I seriously doubt you will be able to achieve in a cost-effective way
>>
>>16805614
These are designed to reduce drag due to a lowered altitude of the upper turbulence, lower ram effect on the front and covered rear wheels.
>>
>>16805614
You can calculate top speed easily if you know the gear ratios and the wheel radius, but that is a theoretical top speed, in reality drag forces you to a lower top speed in most cars and those high and long gears are there so you can cruise at lower RPM at highway speeds and save fuel, not so you can reach crazy velocities.
>>
>>16805620
I said 200 would be nice, not 200 would be the goal.
>>
>>16805627
>>16805634
Sorry I meant general spoilers and body kits.
Aftermarket ones you just install yourself.

>>16805636
What about the ECU idea?
Also if the car is older, you should dyno it, and check how many horses you lost.
>>
>>16805636
I already answered your question: fairings and spoilers are not going to hurt you if you put at least a tiny bit of effort in designing them, but don't expect big changes.
You'll probably have a hard time reaching 180, let alone 200.

Manufacturers spend billions in aero design because reducing drag in a good-looking and cost-effective way is hard, so those spoilers aren't those magic cheating devices you think.
>>
>>16805647
These ones would be more DIY out of fibreglass and Depron.
My car isn´t that old and still exeeds the advertised top speed by much, so I assume it has all 70Ps it had from factory.
Since it is naturaly aspirated, a ECU tune can´t do much.
>>
>>16805653
Well, K&N performance air filter and maybe the premium fuel is all I can think of.

Of course there might be plenty of mods available for your car, but some mods are not exactly cheap.
Even the filter will cost you.
>>
>>16805653
You are better off buying a faster and more efficient car than building spoilers and wheel covers out of fiberglass without proper aero design and with highly debatable aesthetic results.
Your car was made for city driving, not highway cruising, there is not much you can do
>>
>>16805657
I already have 100hpa intake pressure, a better filter and better air Intake could only give me 1% improvement.
Premium fuel in a 10,5:1 compressing naturaly aspirated engine would most likely reduce my topspeed due to lower burning speed.
>>16805664
1. That is the most efficient gas powered non hybrid.
2. I don´t have the money for a hybrid.
>>
>>16805685
It may be the most efficient for that segment, go up one segment and you will find more efficient cars with higher top speeds.

You can't have the best of every world, if you want a small city car you will have to cope with shitty top speed and bad fuel consumption at that speed.
A bigger car may have a worse fuel consumption at city speeds, but better at top speed.

What you want to do is an interesting Diy project, but it needs proper research that costs money, proper construction that costs money and the consciousness that it will reward you with very small improvements that may not be worth the investment.
>>
>>16805705
It isn´t just the most efficient car of that segment, there are no other gas powered cars out there sipping under 4L of gas per 100km.
>>
>>16803382
I'm not sure what most of those values are since they're not in freedom units, but I'd just spring for the more expensive one since it's not much more and you get more range out of it.
>>
>>16805039
Only worth it for the good stuff you can get online - synerlec with a shitload more zinc. The stuff in stores is snake oil
>>
>>16803382
Are you talking about 50ccm scooters without speed limiter?
>>
>>16805716
But you don't get 4/100 at 170 km/h
That's why I made the distinction that a bigger car may not get the same average fuel consumption, but it will be better at your current top speed.

If your daily commute is mostly Autobahn, you chose the wrong car.

My car is 9 years old and gets ~5.2/100 at the 130km/h limit we have on our roads with a 2.0L, 100kw engine (these are numbers read on the dash, not the advertised values).
At 170 it gets between 7 and 8/100.
What's your fuel consumption at those speed?
>>
>>16805743
I can only measuremy fuel consuption on the pump, therefore I only know it needs like 6L/100km when I drive it most of the time at full speed.
Also the value on the dash is usually not that precise.
>>
File: 00i0i_h1AUqYAhbeK_1200x900.jpg (14KB, 254x450px) Image search: [Google]
00i0i_h1AUqYAhbeK_1200x900.jpg
14KB, 254x450px
This thing is perfect besides being autotragic. How hard to make a car manual?
>>
>>16805749
I made the count myself too and it's consistent with the average I get on the dash.
My advertised highway fuel consumption is 4,6/100, which is slightly worse than your 4 with double the engine power and a few hundred kg of added weight
>>
>>16805793
On the highway weight isn´t much of a factor since you usually stayy at the same speed.
Is your car Diesel or gas?
Also, do you speak german?
>>
>>16805803
It's a diesel and no, I don't speak Nazi.
My mom had a Fiesta with the same 1.4 diesel engine that those Peugeot 108/Citroen C1 have and it was terrible on the highway.
With only 5 gears it meant that at 130 it revved at around 3k RPM and got terrible fuel cons at those speed, way worse than my car despite being smaller, lighter, with slimmer tires and an advertised fuel cons lower than mine. Never tested the top speed but I'm sure it wasn't far from the numbers you have.

Now she has a Mini Clubman with the 1.6 diesel, 6 gears and a bit more power and gets much better mileage despite the looks suggesting a worse aero shape than a Fiesta.

That said, I don't want to discourage you from your project, but you should spend a while designing the thing, because it's extremely easy to do something wrong and get the opposite effect.
I still think your money would be better spent toward a more powerful car, but that's my opinion.
>>
>>16805842
Where I live we have one of these "Umweltzonen", where you need to have at least the green sticker, so a diesel would be pretty bad...

I´ll try a depron version for flow testing first, it will show if I can get the laminar flow low enough to the ground to reduce air resistance, if not, I´ll build a model aircraft out of the remaining stuff.
>>
>>16805859
Godspeed anon, report your results when you are done.

Even thought it's probably harder to design and, most of all, harder to fasten to the car, a flat underside will achieve good results in lowering drag and improving fuel consumption.
>>
>>16805884
>report your results when you are done.
I will.
>hard to design
Not that hard at all.
> flat underside
Step by step I will imprrove it, but a flat underside would be much harder since it would have tho resist the exaust heat.
>>
>>16805899
>Not that hard at all.
By harder I meant that you have to take into account all the protruding shit that there is under the car, all the possible places to put fasteners on and design it in such a way that is easy to remove and install if needed, other than the heat resistance that you just mentioned and ground clearance.

I guess the aero design is pretty straight forward, but the little bits and pieces that go around already existing stuff is what will make you lose the most time, un
>>
>>16805924
I try my best, worst case would be it doesn´t work and I gain nothing.

Also some civic owner went crazy on drag reduction and got a Cd of 0.17
>>
>>16805939
Pic of the civic? I'm curious of what such a low drag car looks like
>>
File: aerocivic-top-2.jpg (30KB, 300x163px) Image search: [Google]
aerocivic-top-2.jpg
30KB, 300x163px
>>16805944
As I said, he went crazy on drag reduction...
http://aerocivic.com/
>>
>>16805958
Jeez that looks so nigger-rigged that you have to wonder how much extra drag reduction it would get if only he didn't use what looks like bedsheets as bodywork.
>>
>>16805969
Indeed, I try to make it less shitty and less over all modifications.
>>
>>16805969
Well, 3.6L / 100km with 80mph?
Sign me the fuck up.

Keep in mind he lives in Germany, not in the US. Gas prices in the EU (as a whole) are fucked up, very high. The reason why we have so many downsized engines.
>>
>>16806022
Fuel is expensive and speed is high, so aerodynamics should be more effective here.

Also
>80mph
I never drive that slow.
>>
>>16806022
Yeah the results are indeed amazing, in fact I was wondering what kind of crazy results it would achieve if the panels were better designed to be smoother that how they already are.
Also I am a yuropoor, I'm well aware of the fuel costs here
>>
>>16806137
It could maybe reduce the coefficient of drog further to 0.16 or maybe even lower, depending on the turbulent areas and maybe the accidental use of skrews as turbulators to energize the boundary layer.
>>
>>16802942
Anyone?
>>
>>16802942
I guess it could be a clogged fuel filter.
>>
>>16802942
Fuel or electrical issue.

Could be fuel vapor lock, dying fuel pump or bad fuel pump wiring.

Electrical resistance increases with heat so a bad connection, pinched wire or bad ground will only get worse after the engine gets hot and cause weird shit to happen.
>>
Does it still wear the synchros shifting in to first while moving if you double clutch?
>>
>>16806412
The whole point of double clutching is to get a smoother gear engagement so your synchros work less so no, they won't wear as much if you double clutch quickly.
>>
I have to change my spark plugs, but the fuel rails are directly in the way. Can I just pull them off, then put them back on when I'm done, or is there a procedure for this? Car is a Crown Vic.
>>
>>16806634
I googled the question and the first result had the answer and I'm not telling you what it is
>>
>>16805768
its not worth it
>>
Could anyone tell me if this wiring relay is ok to use with a fan? Its a spal fan that pulls 13 Amps.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/traveller-wiring-install-kit?cm_vc=-10005
>>
>>16807247
I read conflicting stuff, The chart at the bottom of this page says it should be fine but people on forums recommend much lower gauge wiring

https://www.tessco.com/yts/industry/products/itm/automotive/get_wired.html
>>
File: WoahMama.png (23KB, 172x200px) Image search: [Google]
WoahMama.png
23KB, 172x200px
i want to completely flush out all of the brake fluid from the brakes and clutch. if i suck out the fluid from the reservoirs and then let each wheel gravity bleed out whatever it can and finally fill up the cylinders with new brake fluid and use a hand vac to suck it through the system to the caliper, all the while never touching a pedal inside the car, would this ruin my master cylinders the same way that using your brake/clutch with no fluid would or because the masters never get used while empty i would be good to go?
>>
>>16807396
The master's won't break because of a few pumps with little oil.

But if you want to go for the succ way, then you can just suck the oil oil directly out of the bleed nipples while topping up the reservoirs at the same time until clear oil comes out of the bleed.
It's basically the same, but takes less time than what you want to do.
Thread posts: 359
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.