[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dew Trail CYOA #31

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 43

File: tri-power2small.jpgr.jpg (158KB, 900x692px) Image search: [Google]
tri-power2small.jpgr.jpg
158KB, 900x692px
Info: http://pastebin.com/9LsCaFcU

Damn, these threads are going by fast as hell now, and here I was planning on 30 being the last.

Quick Summary: Telling the truth about how you make money to dear ol Dad

.>>14326542
Might as well be truthful about it, Dad is usually cool with these kind of things worst you expect is some warnings or something.

"Built it to run 'shine, that's how I've kept money in my pocket."

You don't know what reaction you were expecting, but it wasn't a chuckle.

"Guess apple don't far from the tree does it? Next thing y'know you'll be drivin' around in a Henry J."

"Uhh, actually, the car I just bought is a Henry J."

That chuckle is full blown laughter now.

"Oh God, bet you got a kid runnin' around somewhere already don't you? You gonna get a '82 Valiant or whatever they makin' in 13 years?"

“N-no I don’t, and hey who knows, might get a Road Runner if those are still bein’ made. Valiant's ain't my thing."

After he stops laughing he goes back to being reletively neutral.

"I figured you was up to somethin' the law didn't like in that car if you wasn't a drivin' it around, all I have to say is don't expect me ta bail you out if you get caught."

"You never got caught did you, I don't plan on it either."

"Naw, but the law's got smarter since then...even ol' Teague."

Yeah, things could get rough if they all start getting radios, you can only assume the police are going to be talking about last night and looking for both you and Erika. Should probably try to do something with the Packard's paint at the least.

"Maybe your son's smarter than you!" you joke "Seriously though, I'll be careful, g'night."

You start to go to your room to call it a night when Dad grabs you by the arm.

"You didn't hear it from me, but maybe Paul up at the farm could use a driver." he says with a wink "Their brother used ta drive but he got caught."

"Hmm, thanks, maybe I'll head up there if I have the time."
>>
>>14328928
You need to go up there to see if you can get some fancy stuff done like on Erika's car anyway, might be best to wait until you're done with the J. Might have to wait until Saturday with the plans you have tomorrow.

Eager to get tomorrow started you hit the sack with the alarm set for 8. Surely Renee won't be showing up earlier than that.

Even when you expect the alarm you hate hearing the goddamn thing, you crawl out of bed to turn it off. Not much reason to take a shower when you're going to be working on a car all day so you eat breakfast and shoot the shit with dad for a bit before he leaves.

You're about to turn on the TV when a knock at the door gets your attention, you hustle over to open to reveal a grinning Renee that hugs you the instant the door is open.

"Heya Jamie! You ready to get to work?"

You are, but after Dad told you that the Lassiter's might have a job for you you want to go check that out. There's a good chance once you get started on the car you're not leaving until it's done or Carpenter's closes.

Sure, Renee's dad is a deputy but she doesn't care about you doing anything illegal like that does she? She sure doesn't care about reckless driving and speeding.

A) Go to the Lassiter's 1st, can at least get the details.
B) That can wait until tomorrow, you want the J done before tonight.
C) If the Lassiter's do have a job you need to take the Packard.
>>
What a shitty father.
A
>inb4 "b-but muh diceroll"
>>
File: fordangliavan.jpg (157KB, 736x478px) Image search: [Google]
fordangliavan.jpg
157KB, 736x478px
>>14328941
B just for safeties sake. Being don't know how Renee would feel bout what we do for moneys. Might have to ease that into a convo at some point.
>>
>>14328941
B) Tell Renee to fuck off, then take the valiant to carpenters.
>>
>>14328972
Are you still butthurt kek.

Why would he even care what we do, it's our ass.
>>
>>14328989
This
>>
B

Do not talk about running shine.
Do not talk about the Packard.
Do not acknowledge the Packard at Carpenter's
>>
>>14328989
B. Just enjoy slam time with new bae
>>
>>14329002
Maybe if I samefag enough it'll happen.
>>
B
>>
>>14328941
>>14329022
This (B)
>>
>>14328941
Fuck her brains out then B
>>
>>14329179
This, tell her we forgot to take a shower and need help washing our balls
>>
B
>>
>>14328941
(B)ang her
>>
>>14329179
this but let's try buttsecks with her
>>
>>14329022 here.

Just realized that she probably already knows about our other car. That car. The one we were out hooning with Erika in.
>>
B
>>
B, don't fuck the J up guys.
>>
B for getting a car we can drive again.
>>
>>14329280
Ah yes. That car. The one we use for work. The one we use for illegal activities. The one that nobody is supposed to know about. That car.
>>
>>14328941
B
find out if she knows about erika's new and/or old jobs
get J running to drop by Lassiter's a bit later
go have a quiet chat to paul while his family keep renee distracted for a few minutes
find out where/when we can make some money with the damn packard
get packard painted
profit
>>
>>14330346
This
>>
>>14328941
"Yeah, I'm ready, take your time getting up there since we're leaving early."

"Ehehe, it's easy for me to take my time so that won't be a problem. We can drive it out!"

Hey, you're on board with the idea, not what you expected when she said she'd be out here early but you'll take it.

When the Crosley fires up it doesn't sound much different, feels a bit quicker on the take off but maybe that's just you thinking that since you know it has a header now.

"It's not much but it's a little quicker, can't wait to get a new intake and carb! No offense but it's a lot more noticeable when it's just me in the car!"

"None taken." you reply, it's still only 20 some hp after all

"So what's the plan for today?" she asks

"Putting a 421 into a Henry J and whatever else we have to do to make it work."

Feels like you just lost her there.

"Uh, we're putting an engine into a car, probably gonna take all day."

"All day? As long as I get to plan all night!"

You're sure you'll enjoy her plans just fine.

It's no surprise to learn that she's heading straight out of town to pass the time given how she likes to drive.

What is surprising is the big ratty black sedan of the tubby guy that raced you going across the road at one of the last traffic lights on your trip. You don't know if he's affiliated with Deb and Brian or if he was just in the right place at the right time to make some money but seeing him pisses you off some.

No way this Crosley can keep up if he gets spooked, hell it's probably not even worth following him, but something inside tells you that he could know something.

He's going to the right so Renee could turn after him if you told her to.

A) Tell her to follow him.
B) No reason to bring her into this when it could be nothing.

If you're picking B

X) Does she knows anything about Erika's job?
Y) What exactly are the plans for tonight?
Z) How far is she planning on modifying this car?

>>14329041
If you mean Julia, nope.

>m-muh samefag

:^)
>>
>>14331409
B and X
>>
>>14331409
Can you stop typing "hehehe" and "ehehehehe" it's cringy. Nobody laughs like that.
Thanks.
>>
>>14331446
lol
>>
File: 1391638531003.jpg (69KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
1391638531003.jpg
69KB, 630x630px
>>14331446
Ehehe, nope.

Deal with it fgt.
>>
>>14331446
>He's never been around small bubbly girls

Yeah, people do laugh like that. Stop acting like you know what you're talking about you damn autist.
>>
File: pepe calvin.jpg (76KB, 793x1024px) Image search: [Google]
pepe calvin.jpg
76KB, 793x1024px
>>14331409
B-X. You can discuss plans when you get to work on the Henry.
>>14331446
See the attached pic.
>>
>>14331472

Seconded

B)X)
>>
>>14331472
thirded
B/X
>>
>>14331409
B
Do we have time for x y and z?
>>
>>14331465
Post a vocaroo of you laughing like that and i'll be the judge.
>>
>>14331409
Yeah, following him could definitely be more trouble than you'd want right now. Besides if you get the J done you might be able to get the '55 back in the same way you lost it. She takes off towards the country side as planned.

"Has Erika told you anything about her new job, that seemed out of nowhere." you ask

"Nope, all she told me was that she was tired of delivering stuff that'd get her in trouble and the wanted to focus on racing."

At least that lines up with what she told you.

"I don't think she's a race car driver just yet."

"Heh, me neither, would've already got an entire race schedule if she was. I'll ask next time I see her, I'm just glad she's trying to stay on the good side of the law now."

She can't have too much of a problem with it if she still wanted to date you, but might as well ask.

"Would you be glad if I stopped?"

"Yeah...kinda, there's always that chance, but the parts running never bothered me much."

"So what was the problem?"

"Everything else, you know she acts crazy. I expected her to piss off the wrong person or overestimate her driving skills and I'd lose my best friend. Hearing that she wants to calm down has made me feel a lot better!"

She's got a point, no idea where a girl of her size gets macho from anyway.

"Plus, now I got a cool guy to hug on and wrench with, these last couple of days have been great- o-oh well, except for your car, sorry about that."

"It's fine, you're helpin' me get it back anyhow."

"Ehehehe, yeah, let's make this car the fastest in the county!" she yells

Little optimistic for someone who's only installed a header and done small work, you can only hope for it to be that fast when it's done.

There needs to be a new King and Queen if the old one lost his ride, right? Looks like you and this giggly redhead could have a goal outside of getting your car back.
>>
Our V8 can get down to SBC tier weights just so you know.

>>14332682
After trolling around the countryside for a while you wind up going to the scrapyard to get the day's work in, wanting to get right to it you tell Renee to stop by the hangar.

Inside, Russel is already at work, keeping to his word, the engine sitting there as a mockup. If that's the plan it looks like you can touch the distributor from inside the car, that's kinda cool.

The light blue of the engine and the flat mint of the J isn't all that cool though. You can deal, especially if it's fast as hell, just isn't a very "manly" combo and there's no surprise when Renee mentions that she likes it.

When he notices you he takes a break to come to tell you about something you're going to have to spend more money on you assume.

"I can't say for certain if the stock suspension is gonna hold it but it's damn sure gonna fit, if you're worried about it we got a couple Econoline's with good front axles out in the yard."

"A van axle?" you ask, seems kinda weird

"Nice and strong, besides it'll help out on launches and look nice in my opinion, gonna need a new steering box and some fab work too, I know we got a wrecked Corvair or 3 you could get that from."

"So how much is that gonna run me?"

"Maybe $25 to get that Econoline front with everything you need and a steering box in here assuming ya only have me do the weldin'. Gonna need some steering column work regardless with how the firewall is sittin'. Oh yeah, and 10 bucks for those motor mounts."

Couldn't you just risk the stock suspension and if it breaks then upgrade if you need to?

You have $166.80 and still need a driveshaft, transmission, seat, and rear end at the least. Carpenter might have $15 for you to pick up too.

A) Keep it stock.
B) Time to go strip a few parts
C) Couldn't you beef up the stock suspension?

>>14332424
Yeah, but that would've be one helluva post.

>>14332643
You know it's not like a legit uncontrolled laugh right.
>>
File: Lola_T332_Mallory_Park.jpg (151KB, 1600x890px) Image search: [Google]
Lola_T332_Mallory_Park.jpg
151KB, 1600x890px
B, strip some parts, get dirty, get waifu dirty.

day be good. Can we also use time to investigate what we doing tonight/what she is doing to the Hot Shot. ?

>If we can't 10a/12a swap the hot shot there is always boost or bmc a series.
>>
>>14332713
B
>>
B
>>
>>14332713
B
>>
>>14332713
B
>>
>>14332713
B
>>
>>14332713
Can't we just remove the rear bench and slide the front bench back? Not really grokking why we need a different seat.
>>
>>14332713
would be nice if we could source some aluminium or glassfiber hood n trunk lid
>>
>>14333925
The Henry J was only a 2300lb car to begin with, the original Willys engine weighed 470 lbs and the Pontiac is 650 lbs with full iron everything. We can get under 2500 lbs with most of the original sheet metal, especially if we get aluminum intake and heads later on.
>>
B
>>
B
>>
B is best way
>>
File: 1430764919340.jpg (1MB, 3744x5616px) Image search: [Google]
1430764919340.jpg
1MB, 3744x5616px
>>14332713
I know ese. But one of you guys need to record yourself laughing like that and listen to it.
>pic related
>>
>>14334112
Run zoomies for 'weight reduction' :~)
>>
B)ump
>>
I probably won't be able to post until tomorrow night unless I keep it simple.

>>14332713
"Sounds good to me...but what does a steering box look like?"

"It's a little piece in driver's side wheel well, ya'll know it when ya it."

You hope so.

"Make sure ya get about everything attached to the parts, we'll be able to use it."

This is going to be fun, you and Renee grab what tools you think you could use and head out. Assuming that the steering box is going to be the easier of the job you start looking for a Corvair to salvage.

"This is pretty fun prowling the yard like this, makes me wonde-hey look! There's a Corvair!"

Sure enough there's a white one that looks like someone slid it into a pole or tree, the damage is on the passenger's side so you assume the part you want is all good. Luckily the ground is level enough to jack it up a little to get stands under there so you can work. That part towards the front of the well has to be it, only thing that looks like it could be.

It's a bit of a bitch to get off but it wouldn't be working on a car if it was easy would it? Some bolts, a few parts out of the way, some swears, and a few good tugs has it out.

"I don't think cussing it out helps." Renee jokes

"Believe me, it does."

You know he said everything but you don't know if he wants the steering column or not, eh might as well get it. Renee takes care of what needs to be taken off in the cabin, there's all this out of the way.

After dropping that off and gathering up the tools again you start looking for an Econoline. Doesn't take long, with you on one side and Renee on the other you're able to get the axle along with the drums, springs, shocks, the whole kaboodle. You caught Renee saying a few "goddamit"'s and "fuck"'s.

When you go to drop off this at the hangar, Carpenter is waiting for you with $15 in his hand.
>>
File: n39f2s.jpg (355KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
n39f2s.jpg
355KB, 1024x576px
Which is honestly the plan if I can think of a list of transmissions that would work out for this, sleepy af and I have to get up early so it'll wait.

>>14336791
Might just have a job today.

"Looking good so far." he says

"Yup, hoping I can get it done before closing time."

"Thought about what kind of transmission you want? Think it's the next step."

You haven't really thought about it, a manual is likely going to be lighter and cheaper, more fun too.

An automatic you haven't ever used in a performance car, don't you have to build those things up for racing? The consistency would be nice though, maybe it'd make for a nice bracket racer, not having to shift is 1 less thing to worry about when flying down the road.

A) Automatic
B) Manual

>>14333473
Interior is already gutted atm.

>slide the front bench back

Dunno how well that would work out, why would you even want a bench? It's not like a seat is going to cost a lot.

>>14334632
Sounds kawaii nigga.
>>
>>14336810
bench seat to fuck our qt firecrotch gf on after we win races
>>
>>14336810
Automatic
>>14336826
This desu, also with a straight axle we're not gonna go around corners fast enough to want side support.
>>
File: powerglide.jpg (27KB, 400x335px) Image search: [Google]
powerglide.jpg
27KB, 400x335px
>>14336810
A

Power-glide is our friend.

Regards drag racing, Any chance the old traction juice/pimp juice was about in 69. I got a magazine that mentions such a thing in early 70's.
>>
>>4336810

A.. AUTOMATIC
>>
>>14336810
Auto baby.
>>
A
>>
>>14336810
A) we have stick in other car(s)
>>
>>14336810
A) tomatobox
>>
>>14336810
Whichever one's faster
>>
File: automatic transmission.png (327KB, 1080x1051px) Image search: [Google]
automatic transmission.png
327KB, 1080x1051px
>>
>>14337762
If that's the case, why so many drag racers use autotragic?

And we are building car to be most fastest on straight
>>
>>14337777
quads of truth
>>
>>14336810
A/T

>>14336826
>>14336859
muh weight reduction
>>
Get a seat with a headrest, at least.
>>
File: 550_V31_Aluminum_Race_Seat_II.jpg (28KB, 550x632px) Image search: [Google]
550_V31_Aluminum_Race_Seat_II.jpg
28KB, 550x632px
Apparently there wasn't many autos for us to choose from.

>>14336810
"Thinking about an auto for this car." you reply

"An auto?" Renee replies "Aww come on..."

Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're not in love with the idea either. Sometimes you need to try different things though.

"Well, you only got a few good choices here, a couple Powerglides or a Turbo Hydramatic 400."

"Any difference in the Powerglides?"

"1.76 1st gear or 1.82 1st, Powerglides only have 2 gears so they're nice and light, 1.76s are stout but a 1.82 oughta be fine if you don't go crazy with the engine."

"And that...Turbo Hydramatic?"

What a fucking name.

"3 gears so it'll weigh a little more, another gear could come in handy and it'll handle what you got too. There's all kinds of stalls and junk when it comes to autos but I'll be honest and say I ain't never messed with them much."

Something he isn't knowlegable about for once? Sounds like something a certain former Super Stock mechanic should know about, a trip to Rob's might be in order. Could maybe even get some cheap parts for the engine or something, you're going to have to wait for some fab work to get done anyhow.

"What's the damage to my wallet?" you ask the most important question

He does the usual chin scratching to think of a price.

"Installed and ready to go I'm thinking, $40 for the 1.82, $45 for the 1.76, and $70 for the Turbo 400."

Jeez, they're all cheap compared to the damn "Rockcrusher" on the '55, not what you expected. Bet none of them will sound as cool.

$146.80 left, this is starting to look like it's going to work out after all.

A) 1.76 Powerglide
B) 1.82 Powerglide
C) THM400

Take a trip to Rob's?

Y) Yeap, build it up now so you don't have to do more work later.
N) Nope, you can worry about all that when you have a drivable car.

>>14336889
No idea, wiki says VHT wasn't used until '72 so I'd say no.

>tall tales of aunt's Chevelle pulling wheelies on the street with it back in the day.

kek

>>14338073
But racecar
>>
>>14338422
C
The turbo 400 was great. I'm surprised you didn't add the torqueflite 727, it's a beefy three speed that is about as good as the 400 but much more common.

Plus those things pretty much never break down. Both of my Furys have had them and they are rock solid. Not sure about the weight though.
>>
>>14338422
Are we sure we don't want to look at manuals first?
>>
>>14338422
C)

[spoiler]Why are those called turbo anyway?[/spoiler]
>>
>>14338516
Just looked it up. They weigh pretty much the same. With the 727 being only about 3 pounds lighter. Maybe more because the 400 was weighed without any fluid and the 727 did not say one way or another.
>>
>>14338516
Was keeping it to GM since I have no idea what kind of adapters we'd have to work with.

Only adapters I can find are for Chevy transmissions.

>>14338560
Sounds cool I guess, thought about the Super Turbine 300 being an option but with the Powerglides I assumed that was a better choice.

>>14338567
From what I found

727s are 160 lbs
TH400 is around 140 lbs.
Powerglides are barely over 100 lbs.
>>
Also there's a yes or no question under the ABC.

>>14338523
Everyone seemed set on the auto so I didn't bother making it an option.

Those options are going to be

Borg Warner T85
Muncie M20
Muncie M21
>>
>>14338601
What I found listed them both around 135
But I get it if it's an adapter issue
>>
Buy none right now, go to rob.

Tell rob what were doing, whats available, ask rob for advice.
>>
>>14338422
A or C, I have no idea...

and Y, that I know
>>
>>14338758
This right here
>>
>>14338758
Then later return and rob robs place for parts
>>
>>14338422
First Rob's (or call him, i dunno), then trans choice.
>>
>>14336810
Weeb
>>
>>14338758
This
>>
Can we spitball what rear end ratio should be?
>>
>>14339292
*Assuming we go with TH 400
>>
Ayy, back in time to make a post, just don't know about another story one.

>>14338714
The 727 one I found was probably including the converter, it didn't say.

135 would likely be in the ballpark without one if that's the case.

>>14339119
yare yare daze

>>14339297
We'd have to worry about that with the Powerglide too.

I know fuck all about stalls and shit, we'd need to work that out too unless we stay stock.
>>
>>14338833
Witnessed!
>>
>>14339504

I'd like one that doesn't make the trans explode if we hold the converter at stall speed to launch. Maybe higher than stock stall speed.

Ability to mount a trans cooler might be good.
>>
>>14339666
Don't forget we also need a radiator, Satan.
>>
>2kids1sandbox.webm

Also bump
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 500x361px
C
>>
Page 7 bump
>>
>>14339666

Yea definitely need a tranny cooler, also should we go full race car and have an oil cooler too.

Either way I vote A for the powerglide.. Let's keep it cheaper option for now.
>>
>>14339666
Yeah I get that much, but I have no idea how to go about choosing one as I know nothing about automatics.

The optimizer on the sim gives lol-tier combos so I can't rely on it lel.
>>
>>14338623
I just thought of the perfect option: Ferd Toploader 3speed, called the "Dearborn" by GM and used as the heavy duty option on GTOs and I think 442s. Course now it's the Julia Lassiter of transmissions.
>>
I tried to into automatics some but idk.

>>14338422
"If it'll come in handy I'll pay a little extra for the Turbo 400."

Here goes half of your money, should be the last major purchase in the build to get it running. With most of the work being put on Russel now there's not much for you and Renee to do. Carpenter goes back to his office after you pay.

"Wanna run to Rob's right quick to pass some time?" you ask

"If we don't have anything to do then sure."

Unless she wants to sit around and watch Russel work then not really, doesn't take long to hit the road.

"Can you believe Rob doesn't carry Crosley parts?" she asks as she pulls into the lot
"Well it is a 'speed' shop after all." you joke

"Hey, fuck you!" she replies with a light punch to the shoulder "It'll get faster eventually!"

There's a couple of other people here so you'll be waiting around for a while before you get to talk to Rob.

Some Bo Diddley playing inside passes the wait.

Finally the guys in front of you get some advice and a couple parts leaving you next in line.

"Hey Jamie...hey to you too, you find some way to get a hold of a header for that Crosley?"

"Yup, found an ad in the paper for a guy selling a car, called him and got some info!" she replies

"That's good, so what brings y'all in here today?"

"Buildin' up another car, thought about goin' auto and I'm about lost."

"A supercharged 350 ain't cutting it any more?" he replies, a look of surprise on his face

"Uhh, had a little misfortune so I don't have that car anymore, stickin' a 421 in a Henry J now."

"That's a shame, what you wanting help with?"

"Well... the whole building up an auto process."

"What trans and 421 is it?"

"Turbo 400 and uh a 350hp one"

He stands there. staring off into space for a few moments before replying.

"What's the plan with this car, track only, street, little bit of both? Need to know that before I start throwing out recommendations, you're looking at $45-$60 here."
>>
>>14343804
$76.80 in your wallet and you assume the more performance you go for the more expensive it's going to get.

A) Street
B) Street/Strip
C) All out performance
D) Maybe you'll just leave it stock for now, get some advice at least.
E) Maybe pick up some parts for the engine instead.

>>14343283
We're not going manual anyway.
>>
File: blownpontiac.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
blownpontiac.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
e/b sounds good.

Untill you know
>bored, stroked, blown and av-gas feed poncho.
>>
>>14343864
fuck meant d/b. hurrpadurradurr. fuck it add D to that we can at least get some idea for prices of Pontiac parts.
>>
>>14343804
B. Switch pitch torque converter when?
>>
D just some advice for now.. We need a running car first.
>>
>>14343811
B
>>
>>14343811
D
>>
D, we can always come back later, and we really don't want to run out of money
>>
>>14343811
D
>>
>>14343811
D, but its info on a C build that we want
>>
>>14343811
D we still need the rear end, driveshaft and radiator.
>>
>>14343811

"Illegal street drags and occasional legal drags."
>>
A maybe depending on price, but otherwise we should save for other essentials.
So A/D
We should maybe ask carpenter about another job too.
Maybe also consider not taking too many more Al jobs.
>>
>>14345015
Al jobs are best jobs.
>best pay
>best story

It's called Dew Trails after all, not Life & Times of a Mechanic.
>>
>>14345043
With the PI hanging around it could turn into the life and times of a prison bitch pretty quickly. Have fun with the prison waifu wars.
Seriously though, the shine running jobs are not really any more exciting than carpenters jobs anyway. Although your right, they do pay more.
>>
>>14345015
>Maybe also consider not taking too many more Al jobs.

We've only done 1, and there's going to be 1 more before the story ends unless we decide to not to do that.

>>14345043
Let's face it though, the racing is the main part and the Dew Trail just pays for it.

>>14345053
With our recent choices it's not going to be another event free delivery, I can guarantee that.
>>
>>14345471
Reminder to everybody in this goddamn thread.
Don't pull the fucking shotgun unless it's necessary.
>>
>>14345725
Pretty much this. Some people here treat the story as if it were gta fanfic
>>
>>14343811
"Think I'll hold off until I get it runnin' didn't think it'd cost this much."

"I understand, anything else I can help you with?"

"Got any advice? So far I've got a straight axle up front and the engine set back to the point of the distributor poking into the cabin."

"Try not to get too crazy with the gears, you gotta lotta torque in a little car so it's not going to take much to get it moving. I'd say around a 3.70 or 3.73 would be good, keep it light with some good tires and the engine won't need much work."

Yeah, don't have enough for another set of cheater slicks at the moment...you do have those Polyglas GTs on steelies back at your house that would be way better than what's on there now, those racing tires too even if they're pretty shot after sliding around.

"Any advice on the engine though?"

"421's can make more power than you'll ever need in something as light as a Henry J, I learned that from the Super Duty cars. About the only thing I can recommend knowing you're not looking to spend a lot is headers."

"How much is that gonna be?"

"$20, of course no one makes headers for a Pontiac V8 in a Henry J and these aren't the greatest things on Earth but they're nice and narrow like what you have on the '55. Still a lot lighter and better flowing than the factory cast iron log."

One of these days you're going to have to get him to make some kickass headers like on his Ford, for now this might have to do.

Renee comes back from wandering around the shop, you didn't even notice she left your side.

"Let's go to the record store after this, got an album I need to buy!"

It'll pass some more time for sure, guess you'll get to hear some bubblegum pop if you make it to her house, maybe even tonight at your place?

A) Grab the headers.
B) Nah, if you can run the stock you should until you have more money.

>>14345795
If we paint the Packard and do nothing for a few seconds everyone will forget about us tearing up the town.
>>
>>14346045
A - we want to race after all, so cheap power is good
>>
>>14345471
And I hope that after this our CYOA OP will give us another story...
This is great stuff!
>>
>>14346045
B for now
>>
>>14346045
B
Wait until we can afford for us to have him make us a custom set
>>
>>14346750
How long we would have to wait? We need to win our '55 back
>>
>>14346045
B
>>14346808
2 or 3 days to get some cash together, get the J driving and get used to driving it before upgrading it further.
>>
>>14346045
A, it's just 20 bucks boys.
>>
B

Paint the Packard some other color for the shine run. This is GTA land.
>>
>>14346045
A
>>
Page 8 bump
>>14348024
What color do you wanna paint the Packard? I'm thinking purple.
>>
>>14349367

A candy purple with gold flakes, and ghost skulls with flames in the white accents?
>>
>>14349383
Orale homes.

Mopar Plum Crazy as a nod to the Hemi wouldn't be bad either.
>>
>>14349367
>>14349383
>>14349526
Dark moss green or bluish gray. We have to be discreet
>>
Pic related is the only correct answer. Just try to tell me what color it is.
>>
>>14350350
Literally beige
>>
File: fordthamesgasser.jpg (75KB, 500x307px) Image search: [Google]
fordthamesgasser.jpg
75KB, 500x307px
>>14350350
biscuit with a maroon roof?
>>
>>14350381
Or tan, or sand, or dusty yellow, or cream, or khaki; all of which could be legally put on a title in '69. You could also go with a more offwhite/yellow combination. Regardless, you still have the blandest, least identifiable car known to man.
>>
A
Packard should be grandma brown or maroon.
>>
>>14346045
"Thanks for the advice but I think I'll hold off on buying anything for a while." you reply

Playing it safe seems smart, you'd hate to run out of money before you have a drivable car.

You'd sit around to talk some more but another customer comes in looking for parts,

"See you around Rob." you tell him as you and Renee head for the door

"See you when you got that Henry J running!" he replies

Can only hope you have enough money to do something soon.

A short walk down the street finally gives you the chance to actually look like a couple, a dirty, slightly greasy couple, but a couple.

No Cheryl at the counter, you don't even recognize this girl.

"Help me look for Indian Giver!" she excitedly yells

How did you know it was going to be bubblegum pop? Of course it doesn't take long to find what she's looking for, you waste some more time by browsing around for a while. The already obvious different taste in music becomes more apparent but it's not like that's any kind of deal breaker.

She gets her album and you head back to the Hotshot, with nothing else to do in the area you start back towards the scrapyard.

Other than a cop making you paranoid nothing of note happens in town, it's a quiet ride out to the countryside until...

"Sooo this is kinda weird to ask, especially this soon, I guess you figured out by now that I'm a little fast with these kinds of things...." Renee says suddenly

She can't be about to ask THAT question could she?

"I know you and Erika have had some awkward moments but I didn't know it was you until recently...so I have to ask, do you honestly 'like' her?"

Well, that's a relief in a way.

Probably safe to assume she knows that you told Erika you like her, maybe even that you tried to kiss her too.

A) Yeah, you honestly like her.
B) No, she got embarrassed by it so you kept doing it as payback for how she treats you.
C) You like her, but you like Renee more.
D) You'd rather be with Erika than her to be completely honest.
>>
>>14351384
Get back to the cars, stop trying to drum up interest in your CYOA with this love bullshit.
>>
>>14351415
Meh, if there's no interest then the story is done, I'm getting bored with it anyway.

Like I'm just going to fucking drop the whole plot to focus on a car we can't do anything with anyway.
>>
File: henryjgasser.jpg (584KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
henryjgasser.jpg
584KB, 1600x1200px
>>14351384
b/c?
>>
File: one_of_those_creepy_dolls.jpg (181KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
one_of_those_creepy_dolls.jpg
181KB, 640x512px
>>14351384
C/E
More like you are into girls that wouldn't mind twelve jalopies in the backyard in 5-10 years time. Or sitting in lawn chairs at car shows 40-50 years in the future.
>>
File: 1439353092135.png (181KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
1439353092135.png
181KB, 500x362px
>>14351562
>feels
>i want this
>>
>>14351384
A, fuggit be honest.
>>
>>14351384
C
>>
>>14351384
C
>>
>>14351384
C, but say we liked erika before we met renee but after meeting her things started to change
>>
>>14351739
yep, this
>>
>>14351739
Thirding
>>
>>14351739
...and that's why we tried to kiss Erika literally the night before we told Renee we were gonna go steady?
>>
>>14352141
We were confused with our feelings.
>>
>>14351739
>>14351774
>>14352115

You retards are already fucking up.
>>
>>14352157

Shut up faggot

Another one for C please
>>
>>14352157
Erika-tards and pink slippers fucked us already, now we have to rise from ashes of their mistakes
>>
>>14352171
Nothing wrong with the choice, just their reasoning is fucking imbecilic.
>>
What the hell is this thread about
>>
It's a long long story, literary.

You can read pastebin in opening post.
>>
>>14352190
It's not reasoning, it's justification
>>
C

Wreck this ride with no survivors
>>
>>14351739
This
>>
>>14351384
"Yeah, I honestly like her...but I like you more." you answer

"Aww shucks Jamie, you didn't have to go for the extra credit, I can't hold it against you I...kinda like her too y'know?"

"You mean you 'like' her?" in another honest thought the more you think about it the less it surprises you

"Yup...Imma weirdo too, ehehe."

"Too?" you think to yourself, did Erika tell her that you were into some weird stuff?

"Glad you were honest with me, I don't think most guys would admit to liking their girl's best friend." she slows down to give you a kiss on the cheek

You wish she'd tell you that she likes you more but it doesn't seem like you're getting that said to you. Now it's become 2 people who like the same girl are now going out, jeez.

Back at the scrapyard, in the hangar there's a big pile of parts including a few rear ends to choose from. Russel must be done with his work or just taking a break one since he's over on his tires.

"Boss man is saying the parts and work is gonna be $55, good news is if you and the girl do most of the installation that should be about it other than a seat!" he yells out

That's very good, your funds are running out here.

"Any of these rear ends about a 3.70 or 3.73?" you ask

"One of 'em is 3.73 exactly, that the one ya want?"

"Yeah, Rob said it oughta be good."

"Ya get started on all that up there and I'll get to doin' the driveshaft and rear end."

From there it's borderline nonstop working on the car, you and Renee focusing on getting everything up front. Her in the cabin and you on the engine.

You get started with the transmission since you know Renee is going to be doing something with a shifter and Russel needs to know how to cut the driveshaft.

Thankfully with Russel's fab work it's a mostly easy and quick job.

Putting the entirety of the steering system in is a bit of a bitch and you end up having to get some help from workers but other than that you manage to be a strong independent mechanic.
>>
>>14354038
You've got quite a bit of new parts in that pile with the main piece being a snazzy new (old) aluminum radiator. With the axle in place it's basically on the ground while being on the stands. The steelies wrapped in tires with a white line that were on the straight axle don't look right on a drag car but you're fine with it.

Probably already spent a good chunk of the day by time you think you're done, still need a battery in there but there's nowhere to put it at the moment. Still have some lines and crap to do but for you now you'll just focus on getting everything in it's place.

"How you holdin' up?" you ask Renee

"Oh I got most of it, was waiting for you so we could get the pedals taken care of!"

You need to check out the interior anyway.

The black and silver shifter with a lever that looks more like it belongs in an airplane than a car looks kind of cool. Looks like it was made to manually go through the gears if you want, that's definitely a plus. The "P, R, N, 3, 2, 1" are almost the same color as the car too.

The new pedal assembly, maybe out of some old racecar going by the looks are mounted farther away from the firewall, hell you might be able to use the stock bench if you wanted. 1st on the shifter might be cutting it close.

Unless you decide to tub the car you could always throw the rear bench in for passengers, but seeing as how that would cost more than cutting the fenders you don't see yourself doing it. Not like you should need to do either if you're running your old steelies.

A) Go get that racing seat
B) Grab the racing seat and another one for the passenger seat.
C) Stick with the bench.
>>
>>14354059
B
>>
>>14354059
B - we need our fiery girl to ride with us for glory
>>
Harem ending confirmed
>>
>>14354059
A. Find ourselves a bucket for a passenger seat, because that's how racecars work.
>>
>thinking some bi slut will stay faithful
lmao nice waifu choice, Reneefags

glad this CYOA went to shit after dropping best waifu
>>
File: bait.gif (3MB, 300x252px) Image search: [Google]
bait.gif
3MB, 300x252px
>>14354687
>>
>>14354713
>b8
Even OP admitted he's getting bored of your safe choices.
Eat shit
>>
File: gotaproblem.jpg (24KB, 283x271px) Image search: [Google]
gotaproblem.jpg
24KB, 283x271px
>>14354730
>>
>>14354746
>>>/b/
>>
File: Winston_Petersno.jpg (20KB, 400x229px) Image search: [Google]
Winston_Petersno.jpg
20KB, 400x229px
>>14354755
>>
>>14354059
C because we have less than $20 for fucks sake.
>>
>>14354059
B
>>
>Bi-fu waifu
So this story ends with us hiding from the cops in a cabin having a drunken threesome right?
>>
>>14355030
If she doesn't leave us for Brian after losing our 2nd car to him.
>inb4 OP doesn't diceroll again and decides to give us a happy ending
>>
>>14354059
B so we can cruise with bby
>>
>>14354918
yeah this. The car isn't meant to turn anyway.
>>
>>14354059
C) Bench seat, because
>>14355030
The story ends with a 150+ MPH fingerblasting session on the run from Teague, who finally cracked and wouldn't some Teague-ing upon you three.

This song is blaring out of his megaphone:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWfmXY8VjU0
>>
>>14356003
*wouldn't mind, ofc
>>
File: 20150812_155740.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20150812_155740.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>14351443
I'm getting bored with it too. Losing the '55, picking a shit girl, people samefagging for the 472.
This was more fun back in August.
>>
File: 20150812_163252.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20150812_163252.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>14356994
>>
File: 20150812_155534.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20150812_155534.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>14357017
>>
File: 20150812_161917.jpg (3MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20150812_161917.jpg
3MB, 2560x1920px
>>14357028
>>
File: 20150812_163137.jpg (371KB, 1552x448px) Image search: [Google]
20150812_163137.jpg
371KB, 1552x448px
>>14357045
>>
>>14354059
B
>>
>>14356003

https://youtu.be/ABbc-O_3_Ac
>>
>>14356003
>>14357570
This has to be canon. Do it OP.
>>
>>14356003
>fingerblasting session
Hopefully you mean Renee and Erika fingerblasting each other while taking turns giving Jamie road head.
>>
>>14357570
Fuck yesssss this or

https://youtu.be/cBGBnJhkaQA
>>
File: tumblr_nrwhtl9uY21sxigrfo1_1280.jpg (412KB, 1279x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrwhtl9uY21sxigrfo1_1280.jpg
412KB, 1279x1280px
>>14358067
It can't be any other way, anon. And then comfy living inna desert.
>>
>>14354059
"I've already got a driver's seat in mind but why don't you go track down a passenger's seat?" you tell Renee

"Really? You're letting me pick?"

"Hey, you're gonna be ridin' shotgun more than anyone else."

She gleefully grabs some tools she thinks she'll need and runs out, you do the same.

Once again you return to this old circle track racer, this time to grab that aluminum racing seat. It's easy enough to get the bolts out, would need some seat frames put in the J but that shouldn't be much.

You get your haul back before Renee does, you take the extra time to check in with Russel. By this time he's measuring up a driveshaft to cut up. he looks up when he notices you.

"I don't know how in the hell ya got this much done so fast but I'm impressed!"

"Neither do I, I'm damn glad though."

"I bet, a few lines, some fluids, a battery, who knows this thing might be ready to go in a few."

Would be the ideal situation, maybe even get a race or 2 in at The River to make some more money, although it's too late in the day to get this car all legal.

Renee comes back with a seat. no idea what it's from but it looks like she tried her damnedest to match the exterior color.

"Whatcha think?" she asks

"If it's what you want I don't have a problem with it, I can dig the matchin."

She gives a small giggle before sitting it down next to the racing seat you picked out, maybe you won't get jealous of the additional comfort she's going to have over you.

With that decided on you and Renee get any lines and tidbits that are needed for the engine hooked up before getting some oil, gas and a temporary battery solution going on to attempt the first start up.

By time you get done with that Russel already has the driveshaft installed, you're short some wheels and tires since the bolt pattern is different from the stock wheels now.

With the seats not in yet you get on your knees in the car and turn the key.

Not an instant startup, but it happens.
>>
>>14358884
Of course it's loud being open manifold and all, not as loud as the '55 was but it's still attention grabbing. You're mostly just relieved to have it running, if only it had some wheels on the rear so you could go for a test drive. Good news is that the steering appears to work.

Doesn't sound like it's running perfect but a little carb tinkering clears it up (thank goodness for the Lassiter's), Renee watches you like hawk as you do it, trying her best to pick up any knowledge she can. She gets a big smile on her face that suits her well as the idle smooths out.

"What's the plan now?" she asks

Well, it's still a little early to get to the River.

Getting the car back together needs to happen eventually and you need some wheels and tires for the rear, maybe see if Carpenter has some work since your wallet is so light you don't even notice it anymore.

A) Run home to grab your steelies with the Polyglas tires.
B) Focus on getting the car back together for now.
C) See if Carpenter has any work.
D) Borrow some wheels after the seats are in for a test drive, you can drive with no front end right?

>>14354687
Erika is still a main character so it's not like she's going to disappear from the story.

>>14356994
Yeah, I'm trying to think up ways to spice it up but building a car isn't the most exciting thing so I'm trying to get through it.

>>14357570
Ayy, I do love that song.
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 538x430px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 538x430px
>>14358907
>>14358907
Just keep chugging OP, everything is progressing pretty naturally imo.

Also, I'll try and get around to updating the compilation again sometime... I've been slacking on it haha

Oh and A)
>>
C if legit work.
B if other wise, keep the Duty J? Super J? Poncho J hidden until its good as can be.
Element of surprise and all that shit.
>>
>>14358959
This
>>
>>14358907
B

>>14358959
Element of surprise, sure, but we gotta practice first.
>>
>>14358907
A
>>14359148
Fuck that. We need practice driving this thing. Plus with the V8 rumble and a fuckin straight axle it's bretty obvious this thing isn't stock. Let's win enough races to put an 8-71 on this bitch.
>>
B get car finished then A drive the henry j to our house and put on our tyres
>>
>>14354687
This. Much disappoint.
>>
File: image.jpg (93KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 480x360px
>>14354687
>>14359983
>harem option all but confirmed
>Henry J is almost kinda drivable and will be the fastest fucking thing on the road with a few more mods
>we'll be able to get our real waifu back, pic related
>these faggots STILL mad
>>
A 3 way tie?

>>14358957
I'm still slacking on the pastebin, I wouldn't worry too much.

>>14360246
What else can you expect from Erikafags :^)

We wouldn't even be interacting with her right now since she's busy anyway.
>>
>>14361013
Rock-paper-scissors?
>>
>>14361013
assign choices a sum from 2 to 10, throw a dice twice
>>
>>14358907
D, the C and on the way back, A
>>
>>14361096
Alright, with this vote I have an idea.
>>
>>14358907
"Need to pick up some old tires I have, no way I can afford new ones."

A confused look comes across her face.

"Don't you work here, just ask for a job."

"Usually don't make that much, definitely not enough to get some new tires."

"Ok then, how about this, you go get a job, I go pick up the tires?"

Considering the size of that car could the trunk even fit a pair of wheels and tires? One might have to sit in the passenger's seat anyway.

"Sounds like a plan to me!" you reply

"Ok! I'll be back quickly so don't take too long."

With Renee leaving you go up to Carpenter's office and knock on the door.

"Come on in..."

"You got any work? I picked up some seats for the car too."

"Don't worry about that, consider it a trade for all those interior pieces you're leaving behind. Afraid that $5 job from last night's already been taken care of, nothing else at the moment."

Ahh sonuvabitch, that's not good, after paying Carpenter you're left with $21.80, not enough to do anything if you want to try and make some money racing. Doubt you'd have enough time to do a job and make a run to Rob's before he closed even if he did have one.

"Something happen?" he asks, has to be obvious you're stressing over something

"Lost my car so I'm tryin' real hard to build something to try and get it back."

"I see, taking a Hemi Packard out and being chauffeured around by girls don't seem so bad though."

"Heh, guess it could be worse, but I'm still wantin' my car back and I'm hurtin' for money."

He sits there scratching his chin, usually a good sign.

"Now, you know I'm willing to give you a job here, but payday ain't till Friday. Now let's say you start in the morning and I pay you your $108.50 for the week tonight."

Damn, that's 3x more than what you were making working for Ethel. Has to be some catch.
>>
>>14361634
"I want you here at 10AM-8:30PM every day until Friday, if you're late or leave early I'll have to fire you, you're being paid up front and I expect you to do the work." he says with a stern voice

Oh...Al and the club won't mind you doing the next run a little late will they?

A) Sounds like a deal to you.
B) You'll just work and get paid on Friday for less stress.
C) Those are some long ass hours, you're not ready for that.
>>
>>14361640
What day is it today?
>>
>>14361708
Friday

So it'd be 7 days.
>>
>>14361728
>10.5 hours a day for 7 days straight
Holy fug m8 Jamie's gonna need to buy crank from the bikers if he doesn't wanna fall asleep at the wheel of Big Chief Henry on the way home. I'll go with B.
>>
>>14361640
A
>>
>>14361777
It's not like you're going to be constantly doing something at a scrapyard though, they'd be plenty of downtime.

I'd say our usual driving around and/or working on cars all day is more tiring.
>>
>>14361640
a, its like you fags hate money
>>
>>14361640
A
>>
A
>>
>>14361640
A: "It's a chop shop job, isn't it, Mr. Carpenter?"
>>
>>14361013
You created her.
>>
>>14361640
A, but we'd like to learn how to weld as well.
>>
>>14361640
A. We need money for racekar
>>
>>14361634
"I'll give it a shot." you reply, hopefully you won't blow this

"I know it'll be rough, I'll give you the weekend off if you can hold out all wee-, doh, forgot Friday is the 4th, no work that day. I'll give you Sunday off."

Hell you forgot too, this should be a nice job once you get into the groove. He counts up the money and hands it over.

"I appreciate it Carpenter, I won't let you down, need to get back to the Henry J now."

"Good luck, don't go losing that one."

Alright $130.30, that's enough to get a start on the 421, sure the rear suspension could probably use some work too but you think the engine is going to be more important at the moment.

Russel already has the seats in so it's about ready for test.

While you're waiting for Renee you keep yourself busy by mounting the battery in the trunk and getting as much of the car back together as possible.

Figuring the headlights are important you start with the fenders, you go ahead and remove the inner fenders since you're not going to be needing them.

About all you get in is the fenders and headlights by time Renee shows up, luckily she has the Polyglas and not the racing tires, you didn't mention which ones to grab but she did right. You wasn't expecting both of them to be in the passenger seat but there they are.

"No trunk!" she yells, picking up on your confusion

You'd talk shit but you learned the Henry J doesn't have a trunk door, you'd have to fold down the rear seats to get back there, good thing you don't have any to worry about.

You help her get the wheels out and on the car, got a good 3-4 extra inches of rubber back there compared to stock now.

GM axle in the back, Ford van axle up front, Corvair steering box, couple of seats from random cars, a few other random parts form who knows what...this car is something else.
>>
>>14362335
"Think it's ready to drive?" she asks eagerly

Other than it looking a little funny with no hood, no grill, and no bumpers you think so. You'd really like to try to get to Rob's, hopefully he won't be closed.

You've still got the Packard's plate you could nab for a quick test, or if you wanted to to use it to run to Rob's instead of the Hotshot

A) Take the J for a quick test
B) Take the J to Rob's
C) Ride to Rob's in the Hotshot
>>
>>14362342
C.
>>
>>14362342
A
>>
>>14362342
[B] I bet there will be some time to do the headers at least
>>
B
>>
>>14362342
C
>>
>>14362342
A)nything B)ut C. Stick a license plate on it maybe.
>>
>>14361777

Jesus Christ you lazy fucking neet..

I work these hours regularly.
>>
A then C
>>
>>14362342
B for moar POWAH and some awesome sound
>>
>>14362931
This
>>
>>14362342
B
>>
>>14362342
"Yeah, I think so, let's take the Packard's tags and try to make it Rob's."

Renee hops into the passenger seat with an eager giggle, leaving you to swap out the plates, being just as eager as she is has you hustle into the driver's seat when you're done.

Sitting in the driver's seat for the first time, this is going to take some getting used to. You start the engine and put into drive, it starts rolling out of the hangar.

Safe to say you're not barreling it down any dirt roads, you're not getting your hopes about cornering either.

"This thing rides like a truck...no offense." Renee says

"Yeah...it kinda does."

As long as it doesn't go like a truck you're fine (no offense Ronnie), you're not expecting it to be faster than the '55 yet but if all goes well it won't take much to do.

You come to the end of the dirt road, pulling out towards town you don't floor it until you're straight. With a little squeal it takes off, you keep on the gas through 1st and 2nd.

Ugh, being able to focus entirely on driving is nice but it's just not the same as a manual. Maybe you'll try to go through the gears next time.

You only went to about 70 before lifting, obviously slower than the '55, maybe a touch quicker than the Packard, this is with Renee in the car too. Not too shabby.

"Hehe, we've got some work to do but it's a great start!" Renee yells

Sure is, getting the auto sorted out should go a long way, at least you're hoping, feels like you could do better with a manual.

When you arrive at Rob's it looks like he's close to calling it a day, fortunately he keeps the store open for you. He looks at the door as you approach.

"So that's the Poncho Henry, eh?" he says "Nice color."

Yeah, that mint is going to be popular, you can tell.

After a bit of a chuckle he looks over the car before the 3 of you head inside. Some talking and walking around later you come up with a list.
>>
You know the drill, we end up going with the most popular options.

>>14366077
You keep the stuff you can't afford or not sure if it'll work out off, shame Rob doesn't have any pre done up heads for it like for small block Chevies. You'll have to go more into detail on a few things later on but for now it's time to get a general idea.

You've got $130.30 to work with.

Automatic Transmission Performance

Shift Kit - $20
Cooler - $15
Torque Converter - $30

Engine Parts

Hugger Headers - $20
Larger Valves - $35
Pistons - $75
Aluminum Tri-Power intake - $60
Cam - $30

Custom Work

Head work - $20-$125 varies by what you want done
Engine Balancing - $75
Block Boring - $25
Cam Regrind - $20
>>
File: image.gif (445KB, 476x344px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
445KB, 476x344px
Let's see...

All the transmission goodies, a cam and the rest on a head job.
>>
Not sure what to do.

shift kit
toque converter
valves, cam's and head work with the rest?

We must be able to salvage a trans cooler of something in the wreckers yard.

>we need to run some shit for biker bro's.
>>
>>14366098
Engine
>cam
>headers
>port matching

A/T
>3000 stall converter
>trans cooler
Were braided steel lines a thing back then? If so, we bosozoku now.
>>
File: fetish2.gif (832KB, 290x188px) Image search: [Google]
fetish2.gif
832KB, 290x188px
>>14366492
>bosozoku

Why not some junk yard made zoomies?. not like it going to be daily driver.
>>
File: rewarder jet boat twisty header.jpg (1MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
rewarder jet boat twisty header.jpg
1MB, 2816x2112px
>>14366636
Let's go full retard
>speed boat style headers
Choke on fumes, Jamie
>>
>>14366098
Shift kit
Torque converter
Headers
Cam

Oughta get us started nicely and keep $20 in Jamie's pocket.
>>
>>14366788
This.
Still cant believe you faggots choose auto.
>>
File: henryjgasser1.jpg (146KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
henryjgasser1.jpg
146KB, 1920x1080px
>>14366752
I kek'd.

>>14366854
cause drag car.
>>
>>14366854
It's a drag car and Jamie isn't exactly a genius driver
>>
Shift kit, stall converter, cooler, headers, cam
>>
>>14366098
> Automatic Transmission Performance
Shift Kit - $20
Cooler - $15

>Engine Parts
Larger Valves - $35
Cam - $30

>Custom Work
Head work - $20

for a total of $120, keep $10.30 in the pocket for bets on drag races
>>
>>14366098
Shift Kit
Tq Converter
Cam
Headers

How much will a blower cost once we get the cash. Like this 57 with a blown Pontiac that ran 10's
>>
>>14366854

I can't believe you don't want some trans brake action.
>>
>>14368278
>>14366854
You haven't truly lived untill you've let go of a transbrake on a big block singing at 4K+ RPM.
>>
Doing the good ol' fashion simplification here.

>>14366098
"All the transmission goodies plus a header and a cam." you tell him

Even leaves you with a little money to race with.

"Alright, alright, what you have in mind for cam?"

There's not much of a reason to try to go small here, the J doesn't look even close to stock and the V8 sound is something you'd never hear from one normally. Of course there's the problem of going too bi-

"Don't worry about cam choice, just tell me how you want to go and I'll pick something out, as you know the more aggressive you go the less practical it gets."

Good that he's doing that but It's a 20 year old economy car with a 421 cubic inch Pontiac engine, it's not the most practical thi-

"Now, if you go real aggressive I'd recommend some top end work eventually to really get it moving but I'm not giving you anything you can't run at the moment."

Ok, you'll be sure to do that so-

"Since you're getting a cooler I'd say you could get away with a higher stall on the street, I can't imagine you'd be driving it much with how it's setup though so I don't guess the worse mileage and slipping around town is going to bother you much."

Probably not, you're still not sure about all this stall shit but Rob wouldn't do you wrong. The "mild, hot, and wild" system worked out before you stuck the Paxton on the '55, should work now.

Cam

A) Mild
B) Hot
C) Wild

Converter

X) Mild
Y) Hot
Z) Wild

>>14366636
I thought about that. but zoomies are crap on a naturally aspirated engine.

>>14367243
We haven't even made many mistakes involving shifting.

>>14368154
An entire 6-71 setup was like $600
The Paxton was close to $500 I think after the fab work.

aka

Unless we get lucky it's probably not happening in the story. We'd likely want a roll cage and some proper chassis strengthening for all that too.
>>
>>14368517
C, Y. Henry J is a light car but a Pontiac makes most of its power down low so too high of a stall could cripple it.
>>
>>14368517
c, y
>>
>>14368517
C, y
>>
>>14368550
I'm not saying wild is like 5-6000 stall or anything.

2600-3200
3300-3900
4000-4500

Was my thought, but fuck, I know nothing about autos really, I've had manuals my entire life.

Stock it makes peak torque at 3200 and a wild cam is going to move that up.
>>
File: 0J9B644.gif (212KB, 1166x875px) Image search: [Google]
0J9B644.gif
212KB, 1166x875px
>>14368550
>>
>>14368550

I dig it. C, Y
>>
>>14368517
fuckit, C-Y
>>
>>14368517
C and Y
>>
I wonder if we will be able to make this car int drag-beast before story ends...
>>
Wait guys, how much is a paintjob for the packard gonna be? We need to make sure we have enough money to make that thing fly under the radar or we'll end up in the county jail.
>>
>>14370186
I think we can ask Al if he can just take it from our pay
>>
>>14368517
"Wild cam and a hot converter." you reply

You know what the wild cam is going to translate to but hell if you know on converter, if it makes it quicker you don't care. He disappears in a back room to seek out what parts you need.

"Thought those jobs didn't pay much?" Renee asks

"I made a deal with Carpenter, gonna be busy as hell for the next week starting tomorrow though."

"Oh...how busy?" doesn't sound like she's too happy about it

"10 in the mornin' to 8:30 at night busy."

"Seriously? That blows!"

Yeah, but money.

This time around Rob stays back to close up the shop when he comes back with the parts since you have Renee to help you carry all the parts back to the car. Not a fan of just throwing them back there but it's not like you have any other way to do it.

You're pulling out of the lot when Renee ducks down quickly. Oh, there's a deputy, yeah, you almost forgot about the whole not supposed to be dating thing.

"Dunno if it's my dad but better safe than sorry eh?"

Whether it was him or not you don't know, they give the stink eye which isn't surprising since you're running open header. Fortunately you don't get pulled over, since they're in front of you they can't check the plates.

Back in the hangar it's clear you're not going to have the time to finish all this work before the yard is closed. At the least you feel like you should get the hood on so you do that.

You'd like to take the J to the River or maybe even run it home to work on t right quick, but with it not legal at the moment you don't know if that's a good idea.

A) Leave the J here, ride to the River.
B) Drive the J to the River.
C) Drive the J home to work on it 1st.
D) Drive the J home, then go to the River in the Hotshot

So your grill and front bumper are still off.

X) Put them back on.
Y) Leave them off
Z) Hell, take the rear bumper off too.

>>14370186
I think the '55 was $15, the amount of money we have at the moment.
>>
>>14370321
C and put grill on, take bumper off
>>
>>14370321
B, grill on, both bumpers off
>>
>>14370321
What time is it?
>>
>>14370727
7 something
>>
>>14370754
This
>>14370391
>>
C and put just the grill back on. Let's get this cam and transmission sorted properly before we even bother racing.
>>
Only /o/ would build a dirt road car a manual and a straight line racer with an automatic...
>>
>>14370391
This, no need for bumpers
>>
File: IMG_20160202_190102737.jpg (2MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160202_190102737.jpg
2MB, 4320x2432px
>>
File: image.jpg (276KB, 1600x1211px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
276KB, 1600x1211px
>>14371149
>cam swap on an OHV engine
>in the dark
M7 this thing is already as fast or faster than the 55 was before the supercharger. Why not see what it can do?
>>
>>14370321
You spend a few minutes to put the grill back in as Renee takes off the rear, you won't be needing the bumpers but it looked plain weird with no grill.

"Before we head to the River I want to head home to try and get some work done." you tell Renee

You're not telling her that she's going to be the dedicated flashlight holder but she won't mind you imagine.

"Meet you there, be careful in this thing."

"I will." you reply, it's not that bad...and like she's going to get there much quicker than you

"See ya in the mornin'!" Russel tells you before you climb into the Henry J

You're not looking forward to it, at least it's late in the morning. The Hotshot comes buzzing by as you pull out of the hangar, oh goddammit maybe she will get there well before you do. No way you're pushing this car through corners.

When you make it home you're greeted by the Hotshot and the Road Runner, no Valiant. Wonder if the old man sold it or if he's taking it out for a spin. The Hotshot is on the side of the road so you pull in behind the Road Runner, much better work surface than the grass.

"Took you long enough!" Renee jokes as you come through the door, a glass of water in her hand

Eh, you could use a breather so you join in with her...where's dad?

"Your Dad said he had to go meet someone, told me to tell you not to try anything ehehe."

He doesn't know it's her you might have to watch out for when it comes to trying anything, odd that he'd take the Valiant to meet someone and not the Road Runner though.

After standing around for a while (you don't want to sit on the furniture at the moment) and downing a glass of water you arm yourselves with tools and a flashlight before going outside.

Knowing that the headers should be the easiest thing to do you get started on that...
>>
>>14372802
So, this car is a complete bitch when it comes to removing the stock manifold.

The fact that you're working by flashlight doesn't help at all. If the new transmission tunnel wasn't more of a piece of sheet metal beaten and bolted in to double as an access panel you don't think you could've even got them off and and the headers on.

"Uhh, Jamie, I don't think we're getting all this done tonight..." Renee says in what you think is the most demotivated you've heard her

She's probably right, you just made this not legal car a whole lot more loud too.

A) You got something done tonight, time to take it to the River.
B) Nonsense, you'll get it done eventually!
C) Guess you're riding in the Crosley tonight.
D) If you're not going to be having fun in your car you could at least have fun in your room.

>>14371445
Kek

Got some sauce today, went with some of J.R.'s though, muh wrestling nostalgia.

But yeah, I thought about Sheriff Teague when I saw that too.

>>14372438
Yeah, even the 100% stock 421 is fast as hell in the Henry J.
>>
>>14372864
D
Listen hardcore for dad coming home though
Maybe just a cuddle sesh and fall asleap
>>
File: hemidart.jpg (209KB, 1024x501px) Image search: [Google]
hemidart.jpg
209KB, 1024x501px
>>14372888
it would be wrong to disagree with trips.
>>
>>14372864
A) It's not like you can't do her in the tetanus carriage
>>
>>14372864
A
>>
>>14372864
>Pontiac V8 exhaust manifolds
>complete bitch
Many keks. Even when it's out of the car it's damn near impossible not to strip/break the studs. Jamie accomplishing that impresses me more with that than when he built a gasser in two days for $450.

Also A.
>>
D, call Erika over too...
>>
>>14372864

D for banging Renee in front of best waifu then shoving D into E for maximum respect
>>
File: ThisCouldAllBeYours.jpg (65KB, 499x581px) Image search: [Google]
ThisCouldAllBeYours.jpg
65KB, 499x581px
Who wanna be Jamie IRL?
>Implying he don't know what he got.
>>
File: image.jpg (127KB, 605x453px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127KB, 605x453px
>>14372888
>>14372946
>>14373381
>>14373730
>We finally have raec car again
>everyone wants to bone worstfu instead
>>
>>14372864
A
>>
>>14372864
C)
weren't we supposed to have a night out planned by Renee?
>>
>>14374622
That's right, I'm changing >>14374316 to "Let's ask Renee what she plans for us"
>>
>>14372864
C.
>>14374622
This.
>>
I was not expecting D to be in the lead when I got up.

>>14374622
Well her plan was to go to the River anyway
>>
>>14375830
well of course i want her to play with my gear stick, but let's stay classy /o/. be a gentleman before givin' her the (D)rive.
(and i try to make you avoid to write le sex scene)
>>

>>14372864
"Yeah, you're probably right, let's get all this back inside."

After you get the tools and parts put up you get an idea, if you're not taking the J out for fun you could have fun here, as long as Dad doesn't interrupt again of course.

"Hey, you think we could do a little somethin' here?" you ask

She shakes her head.

"Jamie...I don't know about you but I'm a little tired after working on that car all day, I'm not in the mood for that."

She's gotta point, you 2 have spent nearly all day messing with it, it'd be pretty damn messy anyway. She walks up to you and gives a hug.

"Let's just cuddle tonight, ok?"

Honestly doing anything in bed is a bad idea, guess you'll be washing all the covers tomorrow because you're not saying no to this. You lead her to your room and before you know it the shoes are off and you're snuggling in bed. This is nice, it's something you could get used to.

Apparently you're more tired than you thought, you feel your self nodding off, you try to fight it off but there's something about the warmth going on right now that has you in a state of comfy you never felt before.

Next thing you know you're being shaken awake by Renee.

"That wasn't the plan...it's 1 in the morning." Renee says standing over you "My bad."

Oh man, the evening is going to be rough later today unless you manage to catch some Z's before work, unlikely since you're wide awake with 9 hours to go.

"I'm already gonna get my head bit off so I'm gonna run."

"Ohh, see you later then."

"You're not gonna walk me out?"

Like you're used to this whole girlfriend and boyfriend stuff

You quietly walk out with her after getting your shoes on, the Valiant is back, Dad pulled next to the driveway so you could still go out if you wanted.

She leans for what you assumed to be another kiss on the cheek, instead you get the real deal for once. It really feels like you know less about this than you did with your 1st time with Sharon.
>>
>>14376603
"Ehehe, you look cute when you're all red."

And she's not making it any better...

"See you sometime!" she says with a wave before running to the little Crosley

Well, that didn't go like you had wanted.

A) The River should still be a happening, head down there.
B) Maybe if you lay in bed long enough you'll go back to sleep.
C) Go out to the country to get used to launching this thing.

>>14375870
>(and i try to make you avoid to write le sex scene)

I'm not doing one anytime soon anyway, not until the story is over and I do it as a bonus if it happens.
>>
>>14376619

B.

We made a deal.
>>
>>14376619
Had a nightmare that you got pissed and ended the story last night. Promise you won't abandon us until it ends senpai.
>>
>>14376619
B
>>
>>14376650
One of the 1st things I said was I'm not going to leave the story hanging.

If the story lost interest whether from me or readers I was going to make an ending at the least.
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 181x292px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 181x292px
>>14376685
Oh thank a cigrit.

Also B)
>>
B
>>
Cut it close to get this one out, will be back with another post around midnight most likely.

>>14376619
Not wanting to risk anything tonight you go inside to attempt going back to sleep.

You don't know how long you lay in bed thinking about everything and nothing before you finally get back to a slumber, likely a few hours. This time when you get up it's a little before 7, a much better time for getting things done.

First thing you do is get the sheets and everything off the bed, the ol' Whirlpool is going to have fun with all this grease and dirt. You get that going and take a quick shower and fix some toast. While you're eating you hear Dad hop into the shower.

Goddamn, having a time limit sucks!

You'd like to get the Henry J all legalized, it's obvious you're going to get a whole lot of attention running open header and you haven't even fired it up yet. No idea how long you would sit at the DMV but by time you get up there it should just be opening.

Speaking of which you could try to work on it this morning, you don't think that's a good idea since you've only got a couple hours to work on it though.

Of course the safest option would be to just sit around and watch TV or something, only thing to watch this early is local programming but hey, the Go Go Gophers come on at 8!

No matter what you do you'll need to ask Dad what car he plans on taking, might be better to take the Valiant to the DMV and the J is in the way of the Road Runner.

A) Run to the DMV.
B) Work on the J
C) Sit around until it's time to work.
>>
>>14377357
A, using the Valiant.
>>
>>14377389

A.

Ask Dad.
>>
>>14377357
A like this >>14377389
>>
>>14377357
B, but keep an eye on the clock, don't wanna get reamed by carpenter

Also, reading dew trail and watching Nostalgia funny cars, altereds,and slingshots is what I call a nice afternoon
https://youtu.be/7UzZiEzS6p0
>>
>>14377357
A
>>
>>14377966
This and ask dad
>>
>>14377357
You go to the bathroom door and knock on it.

"Hey Dad, which car you takin' today?!"

"Road Runner!"

He had to choose the one that would leave you with the most work.

"I need to use the Valiant for a moment!"

"Key's on the table!"

You grab those and head outside.

For the first time since installing the headers you turn the key to fire up the J, as loud as it is you think you feel it more in your chest than anything.

You quickly back it up and park it on the side of the road momentarily. You hustle over to the Valiant to get it up on the driveway and out on the side of the road so you can put the J in it's spot. Hopefully that wasn't enough to make the neighbors hate you.

Phew, this is going to get real old, real quick.

Good thing you don't have to worry about a single thing while driving this car, helps you relax. After a few minutes you roll up into the dreaded DMV and head inside...

Close to an hour and $10 later you come out of the hellhole, some phone calls to insurance at home and everything should be good. Another green and white tag to your name this one being "ZA-6902".

By time you make it home Dad is gone, the Valiant gets some driveway privileges for once. After talking to insurance you get the tag on the J, you've got like an hour and a half before you need to be at work, take away a few minutes to get there.

You suppose you could load up your parts to try and get them on after work, assuming Carpenter will let you hang around for a few hours it'd make things a whole lot easier. You do know if you drive it you're going to need some gas before you do anything.

A) Use some of that time to get used to driving the J, do a few launches in the country side.
B) Cruise around, enjoy having a legal V8.
C) Sit around until it's time to go, no need to go waking up the county just yet.
D) Take the Valiant to work, you don't want to deal with the J's obnoxiousness and it gets a whole lot better gas mileage (you assume)
>>
>>14380841
A)yy lmao, maybe try and put some baffles in it later.
>>
Alright, what's it gonna take to get the Poncho J to be faster than the 55? Is it close right now? Obviously Brian probably hasn't left his shit stock, so what do we need to do?
>>
>>14380841
D
>>
>>14381155
>fully sick head work, ported, big valves, better lifters and maybe shave them down for more compression
>even nastier cam
>replace tri power with dual quad
>radius wheel wells to fit the fattest fucking rubber we possibly can
That should do it. We're already faster than the pre-supercharger 55 and even the Packard. Opie said a blower is unlikely at this stage but a 6-71 would be godly.
>>
>>14380841
A) Get gas, fish for compliments/roasts, do a few pulls
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (189KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
189KB, 1280x1024px
>>14381155
I think by now he has ditched his car and uses our blue coupe to win races and gain notoriety.

>sounds familiar
>>
>>14381418
seconding this
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>>14380841
a hint of C) with a hint of B) and a bit of E)

Wait a little to have a bit of chat with dad about the car and maybe if he saw you snore with Renee by your side. Then when it's safe to go to work (time to go + 15/20 minutes) drive peacefully to work and try to keep low profile, maybe get gas and go to Carpenter's with a little time to spare to say hi to everyone/maybe share a coffee.

>>14381478
Razor was a true assh*le... like Brian
>>
>>14380841
Do we have headers in place?
>>
And how much work do we need to be able somewhat casually drive J on public road?
>>
>>14382112
Yes
>>14382212
We need an exhaust system and mufflers.
>>
>>14380841
A we need to learn how to drive autotragic
>>
>>14380841
A, then get to Carpenters.

Also, full exhaust + sexy cutouts when?
>>
>>14381478
Well, the '55 stripped out would be faster than his car for sure.

>>14382212
As someone who installed some Hooker headers on a friend's 318 and put up with open header for half a year we could do it now in all honesty. We both hated it and so did everyone else but it was a DD, good luck having a conversation when you're not coasting though.

Cheapest option for us is to get a 45 degree bend on the header (what we have go straight down) and run a glasspack off that.
>>
New thread >>14384006
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.