[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>driving in heavy rain >see a car without its headlights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

File: altima_w_shadow.png (97KB, 459x187px) Image search: [Google]
altima_w_shadow.png
97KB, 459x187px
>driving in heavy rain
>see a car without its headlights on
>7/10 of the time it's a Nissan
>>
>>14320937
I agree OP
>>
How does america still not have cars with a simple auto function for the head and rear lights?
>>
>>14321027
muh freedomz
>>
>>14321043
Trusting ameribois to remeber to turn their damn headlights on even if its dark and raining
>>
My last car automatically turned the lights on when the wipers were activated. I have no idea why this isn't standard.
>>
>>14321027
Automatic headlights were INVENTED in the USA. Plenty of cars have them.
>>
>>14321027
I really don't know. A light sensor is super cheap these days, so I don't know why it's not standard yet. My 2000 Ford Explorer even had auto lights.
>>
File: 3qm3u6.jpg (58KB, 625x434px) Image search: [Google]
3qm3u6.jpg
58KB, 625x434px
>silver car in the rain without its lights on
>>
Why not have the headlights come on when the key is turned on?
>>
Nissan drivers make bad decisions. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>14321104
We already have that. It's called daytime running lights and they're mandatory in Canada. Because of this a lot of cars in the US also have DRLs standard.
>>
The car in the pic is the wrong color, it's always white and gray cars.
>>
>>14321106
Can't. They bought a Nissan. It's always a bad decision.
>>
>>14321110
sounds like an idiotic waste of battery
>>
File: 1446150871323.jpg (29KB, 447x369px) Image search: [Google]
1446150871323.jpg
29KB, 447x369px
>>14321137
Are you autistic or something?
>>
>>14321137
?????
Explain yourself.
>>
>>14321137
You know the battery isn't supposed to run try during normal operation, right?
>>
>>14321137
>he doesn't know what a spinnie-monicker is for
>>
>not living where daytime running lights is required
>>
>>14321110
My 20 year old econotruck has them yet a lot of brand new vehicles don't. I don't get it.
>>
>>14321332
>Living in a nanny state.
>Preferring it.
Why not keep your eyes open. Or is that the government's job too?
>>
>>14321027
We do, idiots don't turn them on or have the brainpower to flick a goddamn switch.
>>
File: angry_pepe.jpg (43KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
angry_pepe.jpg
43KB, 900x900px
>MFW driving in snowstorm and seeing people with no lights on

YOU'RE FUCKING INVISIBLE YOU CLUELESS FUCK AND SOMEBODY'S GONNA PULL OUT IN FRONT OF YOU AND BAD SHITS' GONNA HAPPEN

IT'S LITERALLY ONE FUCKING DIAL YOU HAVE TO TURN WHEN YOU SEE BAD WEATHER IT'S NOT HARD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>14321513
>DRLs
>nanny state
>>
>>14321539
>headlights in a snowstorm

It's already hard seeing through the snow, now you want people to blind themselves by turning their headlights on and reflecting all the light right off the snow back to their face ?
>>
>>14321729
Have you ever actually driven in snow?
>>
>>14321729
>he thinks headlights are the same as high beams
>>
a lot of people who have automatic headlights in their car purposely keep them switched off
>>
Because..
>at dealership
Power windows? Okay, that'll be $300.
Automatic headlights? That's part of the luxury package that includes a refrigerated glovebox and heated ceilings. That'll be $1000.
You want to get rid of those dim as fuck halogens that have been around since the dawn of time and are still being sold standard? That'll be another $800.
>>
>>14320937
Gooks can't drive.
More at 11.
>>
>>14322537
More like niggers senpai. Nissans have just become poor people movers.
>>
>>14321669
This, I clipped mine.

There might be times when I don't want my headlights on like a bright sunny day for example
>>
>driving in middle lane on a 3 lane highway
>get passed on the right by someone going 20+ over the limit
>9/10 times its a fucking nissan with a 2.5S badge on the back
>>
>>14322549
Again, niggers.
>>
>>14322544
rice monkeys love nissan though. i bet a higher percentage of zips drive nissan/infiniti than any other race.
>>
>>14322525
Have you even bought a new car in the last 10 years? Power windows are standard on even shitboxes now. Even automatic headlights are standard on many cars.
>>
>>14322594
I remember looking at a Ford around 2009ish that didn't have power windows.
>>
>>14322619
2009 was 7 years ago senpai. Even base Hyundais have power windows now.
>>
>>14320937
I was behind a car with no lights on for ages, I was trying desperately to let them know their lights weren't on but they just weren't having any of it. It wasn't even a well lit area, it was dark as fuck. I flashed my brights like a maniac, I turned my lights off briefly and then back on, flashed brights some more....nope. Then they turned off onto a side road which was even more dark and just kept on driving like that.

What the fuck
>>
>>14320937

98% of Nissans are driven by African immigrants, what the fuck do you expect? I'm sure the average Nissan driver doesn't even know what headlights are.

What I don't get is why drivers with automatic headlights somehow figure out a way to turn then off at night, that or drive with the highbeams on all the time. Here in Canada fucking DRL's wind up killing the headlights earlier making the no headlight problem even worse.
>>
I keep seeing semi new cars with headlights on in the rain but no rear lights, why is that?
>>
>>14322888

Daytime running lights. It would make sense to have a set of daytime running tail-lights too.
>>
>>14322896
That's what I thought but apparently manufactures dont think it's necessary and think people of the current year are smart enough to turn on their lights manually in low viability situations.
>>
>>14322888
Light sensors don't always trigger in rain, daytime running lights are on if your car is on so that's why. Sometimes they're built into the headlight hub so it looks like their headlights are on.
>>
>>14322875
Stolen or running from something
>>
>>14321027
Because not all the cars on the roads here are new, because you know... freedom to own property.
>>
>>14321137
>turbos
>>
>>14320937
>>14321027
My Nissan has a sensor. But lights don't always come on right away, it has to be dark enough first.
>>
>>14320937

Here in Denmark it's always the French cars that have faulty headlights, oftentimes one light will be out.

Peugeot is worst
Citroen does it as well
Not so much renault

Can't the french into electronics?

Also

> Living in a country with mandatory lights at all times.
>>
>driving in heavy rain
>see a car without it's headlights on
>it's another Honda 8/10 times
>>
>>14321137
sounds like you're on the wrong board motherfucker
>>
>>14321027
Because it kills about 4-5mpg out of these under powered cars with those stupid lights constantly on

>cold run
>Lights on
>normal city commuting
>automatic/cvt

That's easily 19mpg or even 17mpg in normal city driving
>>
File: 1448242242994.jpg (146KB, 592x591px) Image search: [Google]
1448242242994.jpg
146KB, 592x591px
Sometimes when the highway is empty and Im bored, I turn off my headlights and try to drive just according to the line.Keeps me awake if nothing else.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.