[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Hyundai trying too hard?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

File: genesis-g90.jpg (84KB, 819x546px) Image search: [Google]
genesis-g90.jpg
84KB, 819x546px
Is Hyundai trying too hard?
>>
File: img1719150866-1452269902653.jpg (84KB, 1170x780px) Image search: [Google]
img1719150866-1452269902653.jpg
84KB, 1170x780px
>>
>>14247986
The interior is literally a cheap second-rate plastic gookshit knockoff of an Audi A8.
The rear is stolen directly from an S-class.
No one knows about the Genesis brand, nor do they care about them.
It'll sell like shit.
>>
Nice Taurus
>>
File: Hyundai-Vision-G-Coupe.jpg (299KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Hyundai-Vision-G-Coupe.jpg
299KB, 1600x1067px
>>
>>14248000
>No one knows about the Genesis brand, nor do they care about them.
they will start caring because it looks like a 7-series at 50% of the price.
>>
>>14247989

What's with those painted plates in newer product shots?

Why not doing it with real plates or just NO plates at all like a year or two before?

Everyone is fucking doing it so I guess there must be some kind of new rule behind this.
>>
>>14248025
It's a 7 series without its biggest selling point, the badge.
>>
>>14248000
>No one knows about the Genesis brand

That's why normies will think "whoa, nice bentley brah" when they see those wing emblems.
>>
>>14248000
and the front looks like a infiniti
>>
>>14248000
>No one knows about the Genesis brand

That's because the brand barely exists. You can't even buy Genesis yet even if you wanted to.
>>
>>14248032
>implying that people who would buy these cars would actually care about the badge.
>>
>>14248029
consumers are used to seeing plates on cars. cars look weird without them, especially on the rear. they'll put these plates on there so the car looks normal, but they'll paint them the body color so it doesn't look obtrusive or anything.
>>
>>14248029
Because we don't want to see an empty space (that was designed with plates in mind) with a couple retarded holes in it?
>>
File: 02-zoom-hd.jpg (861KB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
02-zoom-hd.jpg
861KB, 3000x1688px
front
>>
rear
>>
Tell me, /o/: will this "kill" the germans?
>>
>>14248091
slowly
>>
>>14248091
The germans seem pretty intent on doing it themselves
It's literally Lexus all over again.
>>
>>14248025
No because most luxury buyers are buying a car for its brand image and prestige. Otherwise, they'd just buy a Ford Taurus and call it a day.

>>14248049
You could buy Hyundai Genesis cars for years now.

>>14248057
They do care about the badge. Hyundai, Kia, and other brands have always had "premium" luxury offerings to compete with the 5 and 7 series. Nobody ever considers them because they have no brand image.
>>
>>14248319
>Ford Taurus
that's just a medium-sized car with no features or interesting styling
>>
File: Mercedes_SLS_wheels[1].jpg (193KB, 1012x540px) Image search: [Google]
Mercedes_SLS_wheels[1].jpg
193KB, 1012x540px
The final nail in the coffin will be when hyundai makes competition racecars to go up against the likes of this.
Otherwise, Germans will always be around.
>>
>>14248353
>Genesis competitor to the SLS/ GT S
I want to see this just for the butthurt it would cause if a fucking Korean brand slayed the Germans
>>
>>14248336
You're the kind of person that thinks BMW's styling is interesting, aren't you? You realize that all the BMWs in the past 7 years have looked the same.
>>
>>14248353
>Germans will always be around.

>implying they won't be magically replaced in 10 years by all this enrichtment
>implying all those German brands won't be Chinese brands in the near future
>>
>>14248361
>all the BMWs in the past 7 years have looked the same
well, its better than a fucking Ford Tarurus
>>
>>14248336

same with hyundai
>>
>>14248369
this thread is more about "Genesis" than Hyundai.
>>
>>14248366

*arabic
>>
>>14247986
The emblem is a little much, probably puts it over, its blatantly designed to look like an aston/Bentley emblem, the coupe version is a pretty nice car but the gaudiness is too much
>>
>>14248091

Barely, but more like to help motivating the Germans more. Remember the first Lexus LS400?

Lexus’ early success in the US certainly did motivate the Germans to respond.

Thanks in part to Lexus, the Germans sped up their model cycles and added more tech to their cars. That almost surely contributed to the failure of SAAB because it was too small to keep up.

It’s not an either-or issue. Lexus desperately benchmarked the Germans, but the Germans also responded to the threat no matter what. Lexus took their crown for a short period, and be simply massacred by the Germans spewing more better models.
>>
>>14247986
The last Genesis sedan was good looking and not so generic
This one looks like a 7 series and Skyline had a child.
>>
>>14248319
Hyundai sold 31,374 Genesis sedans in 2015.
BWM sold 44,162 5 series sedans in 2015.

In the US Hyundai isn't doing that poorly. They're already selling about 75% of the amount of 5 series that BMW sells. As the Genesis continues to improve that gap will narrow. They're doing very well in China too. German pretentiousness is hilarious.
>>
>>14249296
Damn that's actually pretty impressive
>>
>>14248357
Hopefully whatever they make will be more bat shit insane like the LFA and not a numbers machine like the GTR
>>
>>14249304
They're all over the place in California. I actually see more E60 around than F10s. BMW seems intent on destroying their reputation as a drivers car. Back during the Bangle era I used to see as many 7 series as S-Classes and Lexus LS sedans.

I rarely see 7 series new anymore though I see an S-Class every few minutes when driving around and a LS or Jaguar XJ once per outing. I used to see as many 3 series as C-Classes as well, right up until about two years ago too. Now it seems like there are 2 C-Classes per 3 series and just as many Lexus IS as 3 series. I'm even starting to see a fair share of Cadillac ATS sedans. I don't know how BMW has fucked themselves over so hard. I'm looking forward to what will happen to 3 series sales once the Jaugar XE drops later this year and when Genesis launches their small RWD sedan the following year. The German butthurt will be glorious.
'
>>
>>14248810
>This one looks like a 7 series and Skyline had a child.
and a infiniti*
>>
>>14249326
It's because BMW cars, especially the 3 series and the 5 series look bland as fuck, it is like just some meters of some car yet it costs hella much
>>
>>14248368
Only because of the brand image. A fully loaded Taurus has pretty much all the features a 5 series can have and costs $48k Canadian. It puts out 365 HP. The 528i starts at $61k, has basically nothing, and only puts out 240 HP, which is poor for a premium midsize sedan.
>>
>>14248081
Toronto?
>>
>>14248007
Looked like a chain link fence from the thumbnail
>>
>>14247986

Remember Chrysler and their "Imported from Detroit"? That was trying too hard.

Remember when BMW still marketed the "Ultimate Driving Machine" long past the E39? That was trying too hard.
>>
>>14248357
Here's hoping the next Genesis Coupe will at least compete with the M4 for half the price.
>>
Hyundai is going time bring back fun
RWD BABY
WOOOO
NO FWD NO NO NO
>>
>>14250991
It still looks like a chain link fence at full res
>>
>>14247986
#yes
>>
>>14251007
well, Hyundai hired a marketing manager from Lamborghini to launch off this brand.
>>
>>14249296
>They're doing very well in China too
With shitboxes yes.
They stopped selling the Genesis/Rohens coupe in china a while back and I never ever see a Genesis sedan. Like not a single one.
>>
>>14247986
It's actually a huge hit in Asian countries and has been for years.
>>
>>14247986
What does that even mean? Do you think that car would have been better if the engineers hadn't put as much effort into it? If they'd just come up with a basic design draft and been like, "fuck it, that'll do, let's put it into production" and then clocked off early for a cup of tea and a cream bun?
>>
>>14247986

Obviously I haven't driven this yet, but I own a V8 2015 Genesis Sedan with the Ultimate Package. Literally the best car I have ever driven for under $75k.

The Genesis (sedan) with the V8 and the Ultimate package is an absolutely amazing car for half the price of a 7-series, A8, or S-Class.

Lotus is helping with the handling of Hyundai's more expensive models and they drive great.

There is literally not car with as many comforts, options, and performance anywhere near the price.
>>
Exact audi face with exact chryslec 300c chassis, so exciting!
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.