[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /o/. I've never fucking posted here before, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

File: 9fpj7z72-1387485796.jpg (118KB, 668x623px) Image search: [Google]
9fpj7z72-1387485796.jpg
118KB, 668x623px
Alright /o/.

I've never fucking posted here before, and I didn't even know it existed before today, I've never had an interest in cars until a month or two ago, I'm 20 years and I don't own a car nor a licence, To go to my uni and work all I need is a bus and if I was ever going to get a car it was for me to get to a and b point.

But recently I've had this odd feeling that I want to get into cars and drive them around and feel how they perform. I don't know what happened, but now I want to know how to make a car from the inside out and learn all about them.

Do you guys have some 101 shit for absolute fucking dead brains? Stuff that would interest a child when it comes to cars? I legit look at cars and say that's a blue one and a red one. Some sort of tutorial on youtube that teaches you the basics of cars comes in mind.

>pic pretty unrelated
>>
I would get my license first instead of learning how to build a car. You have to drive one truly understand it
>>
>>14228366

While I'm learning in a car I wanted to get my own car.

but once again, I have no idea what I would get, I'm sure you fuckers get plenty of people asking this. I had a look at your sticky but that's still not helping.

Do I want something that's fuel efficient and something that doesn't break down all the time?
>>
>>14228342
just drive whatever. don't worry about being a "car guy"
no one cares, it costs money, women will think you're boring (you will turn into james may so you will be). also you're too old. most of us didn't choose this.
>>
>>14228392
i didnt expect to feels these feels goddamnit
>>
Well you can't buy a car without a license, so forget about what to buy for now. Concern yourself only with finding someone to teach you and passing your written test. It took me a year to get my license, you've got a long road ahead so you better start now.
>>
>>14228392

I mean, I don't wanna be a CAR GUY. I just wanna learn a few things about them.

It sounds like this hobby isn't appreciated or something.
>>
File: image.png (406KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
406KB, 1242x2208px
>>14228410
If you have an iPhone, this app is pretty good.
>>
>>14228410
its not, at all. on a casual level its douches and old timers. no one else cares
>>
>>14228392
>it costs money
Nigger are you serious? Just knowing basic shit will save you thousands over your lifetime.
>>
File: 1451906553374.jpg (70KB, 537x384px) Image search: [Google]
1451906553374.jpg
70KB, 537x384px
>>14228426

That looks good, thanks for that. I'll give it a lil look.

>>14228429

>MFW

>>14228409

I live in Australia, I'm pretty sure we can own a car and have it registered without having a licence, but maybe I'm confused.
>>
>>14228410
Just lurk /o/, over time you learn things. I lurked for a while, then bought my car like 3 months ago, but I'm now at a level of car knowledge equalling my dad
>>
Also, what the fuck is the difference in shit like HOLDEN, FORD, TOYOTA, is it just how they run?
Becuase most people I know have a preference and loyalty almost to a car company, can anyone explain that?

Is there some sort of common trend within the company that makes the cars feel similar or something?
>>
File: 1413171417851.jpg (119KB, 419x429px) Image search: [Google]
1413171417851.jpg
119KB, 419x429px
>>14228462

That sounds like something I'd like to achieve. I felt like an idiot the other day when my sisters car broke down and I had no idea what was going on.

If I had some sort of knowledge about cars maybe I could of helped and not made a fool out of myself.
>>
>>14228465
Most people who are brand loyal are just fucking retarded. Like the Honda/Toyota fans who constantly bleat "muh reliability" because of their cars in the 90's and ignoring the fact that the story of Honda and Toyota in the early/mid 2000's is basically RECALLS AND DEFECTS FUCKING EVERYWHERE
people might have a preference within a certain generation, though. For example, there is a small segment of time in BMW's life that they were basically making the most kickass cars ever. That doesn't mean buying a 2015 BMW is going to be a good idea, because it's not.
>>
>>14228342
I used to think cars were shit, even though I was brought up in the suburbs of Detroit and went to the autoshow every year. My parents took me to the classic car show at Meadowbrook (concours?).

Pretty much all cars looked like shit. Then I discovered the cars I love, from the 80's and 90's, which were the cars I had pretty much never had been exposed to before.

Open up wikipedia and just put in an auto manufacturer's name and wander and look at all the cool shit they have made over the years.
>>
File: bowing_forever.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
bowing_forever.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>14228525

Yeah, sounds like a plan. I think I'll just lurk /o/ until I've gathered enough information while looking at shit like wiki and youtube.

>>14228515

Y-yeah, I wish I could relate to your anger. So do you guys ever laugh at a specific brand of cars? Like "normie" cars? Or is there no such thing, I just want to drive a car that's somewhat respected.
>>
>>14228577
Every car is shit and for normies.
>>
>>14228577
Just start reading things, watching things, etcetera. You'll quickly learn the difference between "appliance-tier" and "fun" cars, and after some digging around you'll find out why. I'm too lazy to type a massive wall of text going into detail on this right now.
>>
>>14228577
The list could go on forever because this is /o/, but...
>V6 mustangs
>any base model of a nice car brand e.g buying a BMW with a 2 liter engine that makes less horsepower than a Camry
>any sports car equipped with an automatic transmission
>anything equipped with an automatic transmission
>anything korean
>>
>>14228798
Dont wanna start a shitstorm, but at least the Koreans are trying.
>>
>>14228817
I can agree with that. They're at least trying to get better where all the other car manufacturers are slowly turning to shit but the Koreans are still the worst at everything.
>>
>>14228827
I'd say they're about middle of the pack these days, honestly. Not the best by a long shot, but definitely not the joke they were in the 90s or so.
>>
>>14228798

>Anything built in the UK
>V6 muscle cars

OP go buy a a Gemini, or a Piazza
>>
File: yesssss.jpg (124KB, 1024x832px) Image search: [Google]
yesssss.jpg
124KB, 1024x832px
>>14228878
>>
Can anyone tell me if a n Infiniti g35 is worth getting
>>
>>14228897
No. They're old and all riced or niggered out.
>>
>>14228410
Cars are great hobbies mane
Just not an easy one to become skilled at
Best way to start is buying some old American car and buying the repair manual and just getting your hands in their
>>
>>14228921

I realise that friend. It's something I'd be invested to for years to come obviously.
>>
I meant g35 coupé my bad not gonna do anything but maybe get some black rims that leave a good amount of tire none of that stance shit
>>
>>14228409
You can buy or own a car but you can't drive it without a license and registering it.
>>
>>14228937
I'd rather have polished steel
>>
>>14228935
That's why it's probably one of the best hobbies out
You can spend a lifetime of having fun and enjoying many different types of cars and learning how they work from old muscle cars to new hyper performance cars
I'd say being into cars and guns are probably the best hobbies because you can genuinely enjoy your purchase and get intimate with them
>>
>>14228964

>intimate with them

l-lewd a-anon.

In seriousness, that sounds like a lot of genuine fun, hopefully I can have some decent experinces with cars once I learn about them.
>>
The fucking Piazza cars look amazing.

Are these guys hard to find?
>>
File: 4732354263_34d58c3c18_b.jpg (530KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
4732354263_34d58c3c18_b.jpg
530KB, 1024x680px
>>14228342
OP, go to HowStuffWorks and watch YouTube tutorials. Good way to start.

Also, start learning manufacturers and their country of origin. That's how I started as a kid.

Cars are fun and some of them sound badass. Just wait for the day you experience thrilling acceleration in a fast car, or you perfectly go around a corner in a nimble car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew6YwIN2IQc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLwm5RvmYO0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6C3TEjWYXM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59dHABgEAIw

>>14228577
Everyday we shitpost about everything. Yes, some brands are shitty and make bad quality cars with inferior technology (see any American manufacturer). Yes, there are "normie" cars, slow and boring machines that transport from A to B.

Basically car guys like cars that look cool, go fast and make loud sounds.
>>
>>14229034

op here, this might sound actually retarded.

But is driving a fast car dangerous and shit? Do you guys crash often? And how many of you actually drift your cars or w/e or just race it?

What's the point in having a performance car when you can't even race it?
>>
>>14229068
Things like trackdays and autocross exist, or just hauling ass on an empty highway at night.
It's more about making your car your own and having fun with what you've got, to me at least.
>>
>>14229068
I don't think faster cars are inherently more dangerous. It depends on the driver.
A fast car will appeal to people who like speed.
People who like fast cars will probably have a lead foot.
People who have a led foot are more likely to take a turn fast.
People who take turn fast are more likely to wrap their car around a tree.
>>
>>14229068
All cars are dangerous. They're 2 ton machines controlled by distracted human beings.

It depends on the driver. A fast car may be tempting for someone who doesn't know his limits and could end up wrapping it around a tree. But if you're careful, you shouldn't have any problems.

People say that driving a slow car fast is better than driving a fast car slow, because you can be more aggressive with the throttle with less chances to die.
>>
>>14228465
The difference is literally every part. With some exceptions, car brands do not share major components, and even within the brand can have wildly different engines, drivetrains etc. Engines are the easy one. Economy cars typically have inline 4 cylinder engines, sportier cars can have anything from turbocharged 4s (kraut space magic) to v12s.
>>
>>14229068
I've never wrecked my car, and I did some dumb shit in high school. I spun it a few times driving too fast around a turn, but you have to really be going or really have shit tires to spin a car.
>>
>>14229194
>They're 2 ton machines controlled by distracted human beings
not everyone is american
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.