[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /o/ think of the Focus RS?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: Focus.jpg (102KB, 653x352px) Image search: [Google]
Focus.jpg
102KB, 653x352px
Hatchback that can fit 5 people with ease which would probably beat a mustang gt?
>>
>>14226440
I've been drooling over them for a bit.
>>
Cool, but good luck finding one that you can actually buy anywhere close to the MSRP
>>
>>14226440
I doubt that it'll out track a new GT with a track pack. But, it seems like a nifty car for... >$35k! Neah, man. Just get the GT for less.

Hell, I'd spend the extra $12k just to get the GT350.
>>
Unreliable trash for mouth-breathers that drink Monster Energy™.
>>
>>14226736
That would be a new Dodge single cab Truck.
>>
Looks very childish. What's with all the plastic for the grille inserts? That looks terrible.

Interior in the Focus is also complete and utter garbage.

Why wouldn't you get a GTI?
>>
>>14226765
Why? VW is about to tank. There won't be any warranties after that happens.

And do you own a GTI? Their interior is about a good as a WRX. Crappy and cheap plastic that rattles. The Gocus ST had pretty well made interior, I'm sure the RS will be as good if quality or better.
>>
very much looking forward to first reviews, it has the potential to be straight up legendary
>>
File: girls_laughing.jpg (43KB, 600x363px) Image search: [Google]
girls_laughing.jpg
43KB, 600x363px
>350hp from a 4 banger
>>
>>14226765
GTI is not as fun to drive, way more expensive and is more expensive to repair and more unreliable
>>
>>14226765
>>14228591
I think he meant Golf R, which is it's only head to head competitor.
>>
>>14226440
inb4 $36k msrp and laughing at idiots trying to justify it.
>>
>>14228710
>Bernie will make cars FREE
>>
File: 1452062765857.jpg (28KB, 458x428px) Image search: [Google]
1452062765857.jpg
28KB, 458x428px
>>14228469
whats the matter fuck boy? Scared your oversized dinosaur garbage VEYATE would get spanked around a track? Can't stand the feeling of being inferior?
>>
I had hopes of it being a Budget Evo/ STi. Nope. Costs even more. Costs more than a 420HP Mustang...

I know, apples to oranges but performance is performance.
>>
>>14228710

It's a Ford Subaru STi what's the problem?
>>
>>14226703
Pretty much anywhere it can be had for MSRP. In fact, it would be weird anywhere you couldn't.
>>
>>14228616
Someone forgot about Subaru and Mitsubishi? And Audi, BMW, and Mercedes all have turbocharged AWD cars too.
>>
>>14229323
It costs literally the same as both cars while being far better equipped. the mustang gt was always cheaper than both a evo and sti even back in 2003-04

if you want a budget Evo/STi they make the WRX for you
>>
CLA 250 4matic would be a close competition.
>>
>>14229323
But that AWD though.. I remember some test being done once with two almost identical cars, same engine, transmission, power output, etc. except the difference being one was RWD and one was AWD. They said the difference around a track was that the AWD was the equivalent of having an extra hundred hp. The RS would be much more friendly to drive in snow too.
>>
The RS is also a full on 4-door hatch that you can also throw all your shit into and fit your family (if you have a family).

Having a sports coupe is not practical for a great many people, even if they can afford it. If you live where it snows then you probably don't want to drive it during the winter for a myriad of reasons and you also have to make sure you have the extra room to store it. You also probably want to have an extra car (or two if you're married or have a partner) just for normie stuff and roadtrips.

Something like a Focus RS covers all those bases so you'll be spending $35k on one car vs. $10k for a beater and $35k for a Mustang.
>>
>>14226440
WHEN'S THE /COUPE/ COMIN' OUT.
>>
>>14229323
>RS Anything
>cheap
>what americans believe
>>
>>14229286
F/i I4 sound like shit, get worse mpg for less power, are less reliable, and weigh more than a simple pushrod v8. Sorry you have inferiority complex and/or buyers remorse.
>>
File: Oh you.jpg (38KB, 447x335px) Image search: [Google]
Oh you.jpg
38KB, 447x335px
>>14229758
>>
>>14229337
Not with 300+hp & torque @ ~35k buddy. That's why the FoRS on paper looks lovely
>>
>>14226440
The colour choices here in UK is shocking.

>Black
>White
>Grey
>Shiny Grey
>Light Blue

Why do they do this? Give it some proper colour options ffs....
>>
>>14230405
>mad that his boyracer wet dream isn't available in highlighter yellow and puke green
Fuck off child.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.