[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2017 Honda Ridgeline

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (84KB, 1000x537px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 1000x537px
Your thoughts? Did Honda get the pickup Truck right this time around?
>>
>>14226217
Is it body on frame, and does it have V8 as an option?
>>
>>14226279
Unibody, V6 only. FWD available.

And no, they didn't do it right. Too fat, apparently no long bed. Should've been a sub/compact.
>>
>>14226313

Honestly , if they're aiming at the Tacoma , Colorado and other Midsized Trucks then it will sell. Depends how affordable it is
>>
>>14226313
based on this, they did the truck wrong, suv wrong, and the cross over wrong. All at the same time.
>>
>>14226313
Its shit then, and I agree, maybe someone will have a bright idea and do something along the lines of the VW rabbit pickup eventually?

>>14226335
It only sale if its significantly cheaper than the other two.

No one wants a FWD Midsize truck that can't really haul anything.
>>
its the perfect pickup for 90% of people that buy pickups.

however that 90% of people want something tough and 'country' looking, not a honda

it's going to fail again, another victim of brands
>>
They did do a mid-sized truck right at least in the body, however; it's too little too late. You've already got the Tacoma, Colorado, and Ranger (if you're lucky). Plus, if it's using the same engine as the current Ridgeline, there's no fucking reason to buy one. Those engines get absolute shit for gas mileage and produce shit for power. It literally gets V8 gas milage and puts out roughly half the power.

I mean, shit, the 2014 Ridgeline gets 15 city / 21 highway. My fucking '07 F-150 FX2 with the 5.4 3V gets about 13 City/18 Highway. That's fucking abysmal.
>>
>>14226443

To clarify for those who don't know, the 5.4 3V is a 8 cylinder engine.
>>
>>14226406
Yeah image is huge in the pickup market. They should've worked with GM or Ford to put an american sticker on it. Kinda like the nissan nv200 is the chevy city express in the US. call it the ford everest sport or something.
>>
>>14226443

15 city / 21 hwy is what my '13 150 5.0 V8 gets.

Hell the 2015 150 2.7 eco is getting 19 city / 26 hwy.

I expected more from Japan
>>
>>14226406
Bullshit. There's a need for small trucks that can haul basic shit like garden tools or kegs of beer while still getting 30+ mpg and not being a gigantic monstrosity.

If this truck were 10 inches thinner I'd fucking love it, but it's a full size truck with mid size truck capabilities. There's literally no reason to get it over a Taco.
>>
>>14226217
>Your thoughts?
RANGER WHEN?
>>
>>14226313

It's also going to be available as AWD.
>>
>>14226882

As much as I loved the ranger, I think its dead unless ford can make it work with small car tier mpg and traditional ranger capabilities. One of the big upsides to the ranger was its mpg.

Ranger with 10 speed trans, 2.7 eco, vinyl floors. RCLB all of my want.
>>
It sounds decent, but gimmicky. I don't see a point in the bed speakers, but the trunk under the bed is kind of nice.

FWD makes no fucking sense.
>>
>>14226974
they're reusing the Odyssey platform.
>>
And yet soccer dad's will buy and defend this. Cheap cunts
>>
>>14226974
fwd can allow for a bigger, lower bed if done right
>>
File: Bait 007.png (757KB, 1198x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Bait 007.png
757KB, 1198x1200px
>>14226313
>V6 Only
That feel when no torque.

>FWD
Get this disgusting piece of shit off of my planet.
>>
Hopefully you can get awd without having to buy $15,000 worth of extras.
>>
File: 1974 F250 001.jpg (3MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
1974 F250 001.jpg
3MB, 2592x1944px
Not driv'n the 'ole glorious road-rumbling, 'Murrikan-made, cast iron big block powah and massive torks for pullin', feedin' tis beast one gallon 'o gas e'ry 8-10 miles, loaded, unloaded, uphill, or downhill.

Get hit by a'totha Honda Ridgeline and fin' out their 'truck' imploded and kill the whole gosh-darn famirry. Upon inspectang the damaj you find your god dammed bumber has been fucking skratch-ed.

Fuckin' cowboys, gettin' moonshine.
>>
>>14226836
>Bullshit. There's a need for small trucks that can haul basic shit like garden tools or kegs of beer while still getting 30+ mpg and not being a gigantic monstrosity.

a need yes, a want no.
>>
>>14227442
>A want no

Even during the Ranger's last year it managed to sell like 70k copies, despite not receiving a major update in over a decade. That's about what the Ridgeline sold during its last five years combined.

There's a desire for these fucking things, and it would be pretty easy to sell them if Domestics stopped putting cash on the hood of full size trucks.
>>
>>14228175
the ridgeline isn't that small though
>>
That is why it fails.
>>
>>14226391

There's an AWD version of the truck available and it can send 100% of the torque to the rear
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.