[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the gasoline in my car's gas tank evaporating into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: download.jpg (8KB, 267x189px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 267x189px
Why is the gasoline in my car's gas tank evaporating into nowhere if I let it sit for at least two weeks?
>>
>>14225528
It shouldn't be unless your car is carburetted, you have a leak somewhere
>>
>>14225528
Your neighbor is reselling it
>>
Australia or Canada?
>>
>>14225607
Top kek.

Definitely not an ausfag though, no one here uses the word gasoline
>>
File: 1447987254546.jpg (11KB, 163x225px) Image search: [Google]
1447987254546.jpg
11KB, 163x225px
>>14225528
someone is siphoning your gas
>>
Gas cap is not sealed, leak from the tank itself
>>
>>14225674
Still shouldn't drain a full tank in two weeks, not even close
>>
>>14225674
>>14225694
That's some quality samefagging.
>>
OP turn on a lighter near the car, if you still have hair after that then it's not a gas leak.
>>
Fill your tank with diesel and wait, if your neighbors car wont start the next day you have found your leak.

Pull your fuel pump ect first, dont be a dumbfuck
>>
File: bane.jpg (5KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
bane.jpg
5KB, 320x180px
>>14227071

I think it was just an addendum to his original post. A samefag is when you agree with yourself to make others believe there is a higher level of support than there really is.
>>
We had a kid mowing everyones lawns for really cheap. I would watch him go behind this empty house where he had like 15 gas cans. He could go from car to car getting as much gas as he could and use it for his mower.
>>
>>14227112
That's why it's quality. Shitty samefagging is what you described.
>>
>>14227120
Was he mexican?
>>
Get a locking gas cap
>>
>>14227184

>mowing lawns
>stealing

Obviously he was.
>>
>>14227120
At least his mower probably blew up from the ethanol.
>>
>>14227186

What's cheaper? Buying a locking gas cap for $100, then having it destroyed by some monkey with a prybar, and having to replace it...or the $40 worth of gas they'll get?

Money is better spent on an alarm for the car.
>>
>>14227413
>Buying a locking gas cap for $100
wat
>>
>>14227413
Do you think they'd go through all the trouble for that or just move on to another car?
>>
>>14227439

That's what it costs for a proper locking gas cap for my Toyota. There are off-brand chinese ones that never fit properly or lock securely, but those are a bigger waste of money.
>>
>>14227446

I think that's the main motivation for installing one, the idea that it's a deterrent. Really depends where they are, my cousin had a locking cap for his truck and they busted it off and took a shitton of gas. Must've had like 10 jerry cans with them because he said the tank was almost full when he parked it, and it was down below half after they stole his shit.
>>
File: Locking gas caps.png (78KB, 376x532px) Image search: [Google]
Locking gas caps.png
78KB, 376x532px
>>14227451
Buy a cheap shitty parts store one. It's fine.

They'll just go to the next car rather than spend the 5 minutes figuring out how to bust off your autozone cap. There's nothing magical about the gas in your tank that'll make them stay when there's a dozen other cars parked on the same block, most of which have no lock.
>>
>>14227483
We've had problems with gypsies coming from eastern Europe, stealing diesel from building sites, earth moving machinery, tractors and even the fucking snow groomers at my work...
>>
>>14225534
>It shouldn't be unless your car is carburetted

could you elaborate on that? I'm working on a carbureted truck, and I've noticed the efficiency goes way down if it's been sitting for a few days vs being driven daily.
>>
>>14227584
First the fuel in the carb bowls evaporates, this makes it a bit harder to start after a few days. Second its not quite sealed compared to FI, you wont lose a ton but its just enough to notice.
>>
>>14227511

>niggers roaming neighbourhood with jerry cans
>come to a car with a locked gas cap
>sheeeeit Tyreese, dis mus be some GOOOD SHEEEIT in here
>niggers think this gas is extra special
>destroy vehicle in their attempts to get at gasoline

Yeah, nah.
>>
I know people who had locking gas caps, nigs just poked a hole in the bottom of the tank.
>>
>>14225528
Sounds like a bad case of the niggers.

Usually something simple like a +P.38 does the trick but why not go for a .40?
>>
Get a locking gas cap and check for leaks.

A locking gas cap is not going to stop someone who's really desperate, but it should get them to move on to an easier target that can be immediately opened. We don't live in a mad max apocalypse, you'll be fine.
>>
>>14227511
>implying it takes 5 minutes to open one of those
a fucking flathead and a firm twist will take most of those off. Used to have cars traded in with them and the receptionist would leave the key with the spare. Go to gas the car up and open up that and all it would take 9/10 times was a quick jerk with a flathead in the cap to have it open. Thieves know that better than I do.
>>
>>14225528
you forgot to put the gas cap back on
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.