[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People who lease instead of buy, explain your reasoning please.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: confused-cat.jpg (37KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
confused-cat.jpg
37KB, 500x375px
People who lease instead of buy, explain your reasoning please.
>>
>>14223802
They're literally cucks, pure and simple.
>>
i don't deal with new cars but i can still tell you most peoples reasoning.. if you think of cars as just a monthly cost appliance rather than something to own then leasing is an easy way to cycle through new cars pretty often at whatever monthly cost. they don't need or want to own the car, they just pay to use new ones.
>>
>>14223802
I don't lease, but I understand the rationale behind it. If you're the type of person who wants a new car all the time, it's worth it to lease than to buy and sell because you're saving money on depreciation.

If you're the type of person to keep cars longer than 3 years, then leasing will never work for you.
>>
I own my tuner car already, and I want a brand new vehicle to drive every three years.
It's cost effective.
>>
>Not driving a car to its glorious death
fucking cucks
>>
>>14223802
1. It's a business write off. There are several tax incentives to doing it

2. Buying a modern luxury car is a bad idea with all the proprietary computer parts they use. The S550 tires alone run $600.00 a piece and are only good for 20,000 miles. Buying one of these cars sounds like inheriting a money pit

3. You're always in a new car ever 2-3 years

4. Why buy a depreciating asset. I understand some muscle cars are worth owning but the cars worth buying outright are for enthusiasts, not some guy looking for a nice DD

5. Zero liability. Anything happens to a lease vehicle, it's the dealership and not your property.
>>
>>14223836
Pretty much this, and I would like to add as well with most modern leases you can buy the car out at the end for the remainder owed and keep your payment around the same.
>>
>>14223856
Fucking this, gotta drive that shit until the tranny and engine shit the bed and it's more expensive to fix than replace
>>
I'm fresh out of college, so I leased a car to build credit so I can get a good rate on a car I actually want to buy
>>
>>14223874
>5. Zero liability. Anything happens to a lease vehicle, it's the dealership and not your property.
Nope. Try reading a lease agreement someday.
>>
>>14223882
This. It's actually stupid to buy a new car compared to leasing then assuming you fall in love with it, buying it at the end of the lease. If you don't love it, switch out for something new.

Buying a new car is pretty much the dumbest thing you can do with your money next to burning it.
>>
>>14223963
All lease agreements for luxury cars include a gap insurance clause and your insurance will pick up the rest. I have 3 leased cars right now m8.

I'm responsible for wear and tear (IE: tires mostly) but the whole car is covered by manufacturer warranty. As long as I don't go driving through the ghetto or take a hammer to the car I'm fine
>>
>>14223994
True. You can always buy the vehicle at the end of the lease. Only issue is paying tax twice
>>
>>14223802
There's no reason to being black.
>>
>>14224003
Only taxed once anon. It's illegal to tax the same product twice in that way as you are not starting a whole new process, but converting a contract. It may be different elsewhere, but in IL that's the way it goes.
>>
>>14223802
>constantly driving a new car
Very little in the way of mechanical failures and when they happen its under warranty
>not eating depreciation
Most new cars lose 20% of their value as soon as you drive them off of the lot

Buy a weekend toy and lease your DD
>>
>>14223836
What do they do with the car when your lease period gets over?
>>
>>14224028
What if the car gets crashed by you? Do you get the insurance?
>>
>>14224057
Read here
>>14223998

Most lease agreements come with GAP insurance
>>
>>14223998
So basically you have to be a shit-ton careful while driving a leased car.
>>
>>14223885

And then you replace that shit anyways and become a boomer.
>>
>>14224084
OR you buy the dent policy for like 15 a month. I get that and wheel and tire.

>>14224048
They sell it as used
>>
>>14223802
Its known fact that of you have a lot of money and steady income you shouldn't bug expensive cars, just lease. They become money pits because they lose value
I plan on having a fun car that is /o/ tier like a toyobaru with an engine swap
And if I do make a lot of money lease out expensive cars which I would drive to work and events and shit
>>
I'd rather buy right now.

I don't know what kind of financial state I will be in down the road, so if I'm going to be making payments I at least want to be able to own my car in case I can't afford something else.

Leasing seems like the better option only if you are in a stable job with stable income. Young people that aren't Kendall Jenner or Justin Bieber should not lease.
>>
>>14223802
>Business write off tax incentives

Lease an electric vehicle?
>Even more government/state incentives
>Ride free in toll roads/carpool

My dad "saves" hundreds of dollars a month as well as literal hours of time a day (commutes in fucked up California 91 traffic) because he can ride in the carpool/toll free by himself - compared to buying any gas vehicle outright. Also doesn't have to deal with those darn electric vehicles shitting themselves, being outdated, etc.
>>
>>14224028

Of course you still eat the depreciation, you just don't notice it as easily.
>>
>>14223802
for a lease period modern cars are more reliable even the shit ones
for $1000/pa you get to spend your time in a nicer driving environment than you would if you spent that money on some 90s shitbox
i'd rather use my savings for a house or invest in my business
>>
>>14224389
lmfao you have a very poor financial education.
someone like bieber can afford to buy because the depreciation on a shitbox is nothing to him or he can buy something like a p1 just like that and never suffer depreciation at all.
almost every lease contract will allow you to cancel should you lose your job or go to prison or other VALID reason without it affecting your credit rating.
if you are worried about job/financial security the thing to do is maintain a good amount in cash savings at all times, not blow the lot on a car you tard
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.