[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>commuter cars can run on regular with no issue >performance/luxury

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: DSC_0574.jpg (714KB, 1911x890px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0574.jpg
714KB, 1911x890px
>commuter cars can run on regular with no issue
>performance/luxury cars require premium

What's the point of the middle octane?
>>
File: 1417252975525.png (68KB, 201x217px) Image search: [Google]
1417252975525.png
68KB, 201x217px
>>14220834
runs breddy gud
>>
For cars that require 89. And to help with the scam that they are three different qualities of fuel instead of jist octane rating.
>>
>>14220834
A lot of cars that 'require' premium would usually run fine on 89, thanks to the knock sensor.

Like, in Australia, my owners manual says my Toyota 86 SHOULD be given 98 Premium, but it can run 95 with no discernible change in engine performance. I put 91 in it once because I was on a back road, and the only service station within 300 kilometres only had 91, and even that didn't cause an issue - I didn't floor it, and the knock sensor adjusted accordingly.
>>
>>14221183
91RON? holy kek aus fuel is shit
>>
>>14221188
What? 91 is our lowest unleaded, yeah. 98 is the highest that's available at most places, 100RON is available here and there, E10 is seemingly phasing out 91, and E85 is very slowly being rolled out at certain service stations.
>>
>>14221200
Better than US..
Everywhere i go looks like op's picture. Sometimes you get lucky and find a 93 but it's rare.
>>
>>14221325
Yeah but we measure it differently. EU ratings are 95/98, which are equivalent to US ratings of 91/93.
>>
>>14221325
It's 89/91/93 in IL but in AZ it's like the OP pic for me.
>>
Can I run my car with a swapped stock 350 from 1973 in it on 91? Will it asplode?
>>
>>14221651
Not him, but I thought there was discrepancy, because don't Americans have some petrol stations that have over 100RON? I swear I saw that somewhere. Dunno exactly where though.
>>
>>14220834
My 5.7L HEMI actually requires 89 and I'm fine with it
>>
my car would run fine on regular but the engine light comes on if I say the word "Ethanol" anywhere near it. Premium is my only choice
>>
>>14221905
There used to be but it was phased out a few years ago. F1 cars and NASCAR run on RON100 though.
>>
If you already have regular gas in your tank and filled it up with premium/High octane, wouldn't that just fuck up everything?
>>
>>14222279
No

I put premium in my civic just for shits once it and didn't make any notable difference
>>
>>14221651
I run 99RON because my car's a prissy little bitch when it comes to cheap fuel. American fuel sucks, especially when they adulterate it with ethanol to rot your seals.
>>
>>14220834

Blending regular and premium 50/50 in the dispenser is easy to do and lets the station make a little extra money. Oh, you mean what's the point for you? Well, I guess there were some older cars tuned to run on 89 octane leaded regular, they probably like the 89 unleaded better than 87. That's about it.
>>
>>14222279
you generally have to re tune because you get different power/timing from the same quantity of fuel
>>
>>14222681
So pretty much it's an outdated fuel choice that's just hanging on because it's more expensive to not offer it.
>>
I put high octane fuel into my civic. It really makes my car run stronger for some reason.
>>
>>14222287
The best octane you can use is the lowest grade that doesn't knock. Going higher than the recommended is pointless.
>>
>>14220834
There isn't one, most places only run the two options 95RON and 98/99 RON.
>>
>>14220834
My car runs on diesel. At least you have choices at the pump.
>>
>>14222766
There's usually not a big enough difference between something like 95 and 98 to warrant a retune. If you're running a Flex Fuel sensor so you can run 98/E85, yeah you do, but it's generally a waste if you're just topping up with 91 here and there before 98 isn't available.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.