[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a serious question /o/ I'm looking around to buy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (736KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
736KB, 640x1136px
I have a serious question /o/
I'm looking around to buy my first vehicular device and I stumbled across this turd for $900. the guy lives in middle of no where and considering the factors I feel like that price could come down a bit. anywho, should I even go and look at This turd or not and if so what do I look for and what should I pay?

it's a 75 jeep mail truck (CJ5 with 2 wheel drive and right side steering. it has the AMC straight 6 in in and an automatic 3 speed transmission.) I'm not looking to restore it or anything. most likely gonna chop the roof and paint it olive drab like a 40's willy. what do???
also pic related
>>
also, General "craigslist wonders" thread
>>
Haggle it down to 400.
Spend the other 500 on an aftermarket afternoon with complementary ls1.
>>
>>14215945
so don't go over 400?
>>
It's semi rare, I would definitely not chop the roof. You can probably haggle because it has no title. That would be a deal killer if you plan on road driving it.
>>
>>14215998
you could probably get it for around 550. I doubt he'd do 400.
>>
>>14215998
Oh you thought i was serious

Make a deal with him
Runs - 800
Doesnt - 300/400
Take a look under the car check how much rust is on the chassis and if theres any oil spots under it, if youre not a good mechanic bring a friend who is who will give you a good rundown on the condition of it as a bargaining tool
>>
I had one of those at work as a "hack"- i.e. drive around the place for assignments.

Drafty. Crude- like forklift-tier controls. Rolls EASILY- had it up on 2 wheels despite being careful with it.
>>
ok. I'm pretty good with checking them out but is there something in particular that goes out on them? like I know Cherokee always have transfer case seals go out. also, why should I chop the top? I've seen chopped ones and they look just like CJs. does it affect the integrity of the truck?
>>
>>14216137
don't chop the top. it wouldn't matter, they are BOF construction.
>>
You can do WAY better for $900 believe it or not.
>>
>>14216155
not in southern Ga. all the cheap winter bombers are a few more states north.
>>
File: image.png (706KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
706KB, 640x1136px
I mean this is my idea of what to go for. but is the main reason for no chop the fact that they're rare?
>>
>>14216199
Because you're killing 'Merican history. Why yould you turn a mail truck into a plain CJ instead of getting a CJ?
>>
>>14216265
>Mail truck is $895
>CJ is $12,000 if your lucky
I don't have the extra 11k to throw into something older than mother
>>
>>14216291
It has no title
>>
>>14216291
http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/5391102438.html
>>
>>14216295
I live in Georgia. so as long as it predates 1985, I only need a bill of sale for legal representation of ownership
>>
>>14216313
with as much time, gas money, plane tickets and bullshit I would have involved in flying across the country, it might as well be 12k
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.