[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New turbo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: srt.jpg (152KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
srt.jpg
152KB, 960x540px
I'm thinking about running a T3/T4 turbo in my 04 SRT4, but I'm not sure what fuel component upgrades I should be looking into.

What sorta output should I look for in new injectors and fuel pump?
>>
>>14215230
Don't do it, you will blow that engine to kibbles and tits
>>
>>14215240
I was gonna run a fairly low boost tune, I'm not gonna push it sky high. The TD04 that was in it was shoving like 20 psi out and it's starting to shit the bed.
>>
No matter what you do to that car, no matter how many Civics or Scoobarus you smoke off the lights, you won't get respect because it's still a Dodge Neon. Tragic little cars.
>>14215240
Also this.
>>
>>14215251
Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen
>>
>>14215240
Don't listen to him op. Those engines can easily go 40psi you should do it.
>>
>>14215251
>im going to put on a bigger turbo and NOT run more boots
LOL okay idiot, sure. Enjoy your rod knock in 5k miles.
>>
>>14215257
That's kinda why I love it though.

>>14215272
I didn't say I'm not going to run more, but I'm not going to be pushing the turbo insanely hard My TD04 was holding 22 psi and is starting to die after 120k miles. I'd rather a turbo that can push that much boost more reliably because they lose efficiency by that point.
>>
I've always wondered, how much work is it to upgrade your turbo in an already turbo'd car? Would you still have to change your ecu to tune it or would the stock ecu already change air fuel mix
>>
>>14215330
It's gonna have to be tuned
>>
Rome wasn't built in a day and neither are quality cars. Be patient OP.
>>
I should've mentioned that I'm doing forged internals, ported heads, cam, etc. It's not going to be stock internals getting mashed on.
>>
>>14215371
I know, but I need to replace the turbo and I'd rather spend a few bucks for a newer setup that can handle a little more boost. The engine is going to be built, so like I just said it's not gonna be stock internals.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.