[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://jalopnik.com/the-2016-buick- avista-concept-is-your-g

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 8

File: gw6nqud1xslbvihsvevz.jpg (74KB, 800x387px) Image search: [Google]
gw6nqud1xslbvihsvevz.jpg
74KB, 800x387px
http://jalopnik.com/the-2016-buick-avista-concept-is-your-gorgeous-luxury-c-1752143282

Mitebcool
>>
>jalopnik
>>
File: 1435802831940.png (217KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1435802831940.png
217KB, 680x680px
>TOUCHSCREEN CONSOLE

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST is there a single worse invention mankind invented? At least the nuke is deterrent for total warfare holy fuck. There is literally no other pic that explains my reaction so I guess this is my first dumb frogpost.

Touchscreens are slow, inaccurate, unresponsive, can't be operated with muscle memory, HAVE TO BE LOOKED AT (which is a safety concern), and if the screen fails, so will every function on it. Oh, and good luck resting your arm down.
>>
>>14213851
http://www.autoblog.com/2016/01/10/buick-avista-concept-detroit-auto-show/
>>
>>14213878
>autoblog
>>
It'll be just like the Lincoln Continental concept and the Cadillac El mirage concept. Fucking gorgeous and then they're gonna make the production version bland as fuck so it will sell better in China.
>>
>>14213846

>Okay, so Ford made the Mustang look like a Fisher Price, No Sharo Edges to Hurt Timmy, toy. Our Camaros are now giant wedges that make the Challenger look reasonable. What do we do?
>Fuck it, make a Chinese sedan and call it a Muscle car.
>But sir, we swore we'd never let Buick have another V8 after the last time.
>Well... I don't know, tell the fanboys its a throw back to the GNX. They'll eat that shit up.
>>
>>14213884
>autism
>>
File: TR8-T0R.jpg (39KB, 680x784px) Image search: [Google]
TR8-T0R.jpg
39KB, 680x784px
>>14213846
>NO V8
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>14213846
Looks very much like a Tesla.
>>
Looks like a genesis coupe
>>
File: opel-gt.jpg (55KB, 800x506px) Image search: [Google]
opel-gt.jpg
55KB, 800x506px
>OMG VAUXHALL DID A THING
>OMG BUIK DID A THING

>meanwhile in D, about the base car which actually isn't just a re-brand like the two others

>meh, a new Opel
>>
>>14213872
touch screens are less expensive and more flexible.
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 221x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 221x200px
>>14213872
>scrolling through 80GB+ of super eurobeat
>entering a long address one letter at a time
>>
>>14215344
>Alpha platform orginally designed by Cadillac
>TT V6 originally designed for Cadillac
>No Opel version even unveiled yet

U GUISE IT'S AN OPEL. Why do Germans always try to claim every GM product is originally Opel?
>>
>>14216497
ask GM why they let a handful of cars get developed by Opel and why Buick and Vauxhall are just bodykits
>>
>>14216497
>implying it will get a V6
>implying it will not just be a rebadged Opel GT with a 4 banger where americans will get a shitty version of
>>
>>14216508
Vauxhall is literally just a brand. They don't even have a single piece of unique styling. Buick is slightly different. The Verano, Encore & Regal are rebadged Opels, the Lacrosse and Enclave are American designed and built off of the Impala/Traverse, the Envision & G8 were designed in China by SAIC.

This new Buick coupe is literally a Camaro with a body kit and a Cadillac engine. The Alpha platform wasn't designed by Opel.
>>
>>14216535
Platforms are never independently designed/engineered by brands of a car company.
>>
>>14216520
The article literally says it has a 3.0 twin turbo V6. That's the new Cadillac LGW that the CT6 has. I really don't see how this can be construed as an Opel product. It's basically a Camaro with an LGW engine.
>>
>>14216552
So it's a rebadged camaro? Sorry I guess
>>
>>14216547
Not true. The Zeta paltform was wholly designed by Holden in Australia. The Alpha platform was designed in Michigan directly under Dave Leon with a small team specifically for Cadillac.
>>
>>14216547
>Platforms are never independently designed/engineered by brands of a car company

Zeta platform was solely designed by Holden
>>
>>14216566
>>14216568

Go to bed Australia. No one gives a fuck about you
>>
>>14216568
This. It was originally going to be an Australia specific platform as it was conceived during pre-bailout GM years when Australia was the only viable RWD market for GM cars. This was the time when there was no Camaro.

The Alpha was an entirely US based venture as it was created by a very small team basically as a propositional project during the recession. Much of GM corporate was against it, but it ended up catching on and gaining traction after GM restructuring which confirmed the end of Australian production meaning a less viable Zeta platform, which ended up making the Alpha platform the more viable option as it could eventually be applied to other Chevrolet/Buick/Opel products for new GM, which is what we're currently seeing.

Opel is much more focused on FWD based platforms like the D2.
>>
>>14216573
>shitpost reply to informative responses
lel. Don't understand why Ausfaggots cop the flack for being shitposters.
>>
>>14216573
I'm not even Australian, Heinrich. Are you upset that Americans and Brits are making better driving cars than Germany or are you still sore over the VW cheat scam?
>>
>>14214213
I thought the exact same thing.... then again, the first time I saw a picture of a Tesla Model S, I thought it looked like a Buick. To me this seems like the generic "luxury coupe/sedan" look
>>
>>14216596
>Head company ordering engineers employed by a dependant brand to develop a platform makes it X brands' platform.

Most VAG platforms are developed by audi engineers. Does that make them Audi platforms?
>>
File: 33.jpg (48KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
33.jpg
48KB, 499x499px
>>14216606
>Holden isn't australian
>>
>>14216615
Except that the Alpha and Zeta platforms were literally only developed by small teams in two specific locations. How are you construing that this new Buick coupe is an Opel under your own logic?
>>
>>14216615
>Does that make them Audi platforms?
The ones that are design solely by Audi without outside input, yes. Absolutely. Are there any examples of such?
>>
>>14216621
The new Camaro isn't Zeta based though.
>>
>>14216623
>How are you construing that this new Buick coupe is an Opel under your own logic?

I don't. I didn't read the article since I don't give a fuck about camaros with buick bodykits

>Except that the Alpha and Zeta platforms were literally only developed by small teams in two specific locations.

What does that change besides some idiots from that region claiming it's their platform?
>>
>>14216628
I never claimed that
>>
>>14216626
No.
Are there any recent Holden/Cadillac platforms that weren't taken by GM and used in other GM cars?
>>
>>14216634
But it's the new Camaro that's been acclaimed as better than BMW/Audi.
>>
>>14216640
I can claim much when the day is long. Since when is the camaro a sedan/wagon btw?
>>
>>14216638
>No.
There you go, your hypothetical example doesn't exist.
>Are there any recent Holden/Cadillac platforms that weren't taken by GM and used in other GM cars?
What does this have to do with the Zeta platform being/not being a Holden platform?
>>
>>14216645
Has a Commodore won a comparison against an A6/5 seires/CTS? Not being a dick, actually curious. I could see it beating out the new 5 series as it's become pretty lunky but the A6 and CTS are pretty fucking astounding dynamically. The new XF is too.
>>
>>14216649
>GM orders Holden to develop platform for holden
>takes it and uses it in other GM cars

Yeah it was surely intended to be a Holden only platform. Must be hard to be a Australian desu senpai
>>
>>14216658
cars are more than benchracing and subjective circlejerking tho. Kinda funny how car magazines always claim that their domestic cars are the best, innit?
>>
>>14216660
>>takes it and uses it in other GM cars
>Other GM cars
Besides the Camaro every car that used that platform were literally rebaged Holdens all built in Australia
>>
>>14216671
>camaro has no relevance to the american auto market

mhm
>>
>>14216671
i thought the buicks were built in china
>>
>>14216670
>Kinda funny how car magazines always claim that their domestic cars are the best, innit?
That seems to primarily be a German thing. US magazines frequently name Japanese and German cars as top performers. Recently some British and Korean products have been winning comparisons too.
>>
>>14216660
>Yeah it was surely intended to be a Holden only platform.
literally no one ITT said this. Are you intentionally shitposting? Or were you dropped on your head as an infant?
>>
>>14216683
Nah, not really. Hyundai also wins tests in germany besides being horrbile shitboxes that most people sell after 2 years.
>>
>>14216684
How is it a Holden platform if it wasn't really intended to be a Holden platform?
>>
>>14216678
That i'm not sure of, but it's likely.
I think the earlier VZ/VY? ones were built in australia that I know of.

>>14216677
It's manly sold in the US with a different body under a different brand so it is relevant, but the previous gen Camaro was developed in Australia.
>>
>>14216688
Here it's been Kia winning lot's of stuff recently. Specifically the Forte, Cadenza and Optima.
>>
>>14216684
Of course it was intended to be a Holden only platform.
Besides the Camaro I really can't think of any other cars on the Zeta platform that wasnt' literally a Holden
>>
>>14216697
A lot of that stuff is probably bought
>>
>>14213872
Completely right. The touchscreen in my 2015 Civic SI is so fucking frustrating for all of these reasons.
>>
>>14216693
>How is it a Holden platform
Because it was designed solely inhouse by Holden.
>if it wasn't really intended to be a Holden platform?
What? Still doing mental gymnastics?
>>14216704
There you go. Although I thought GM had the idea to utilise the Holden platform for what was then the upcoming Comaro from the outset.
>>
>>14216709
I don't think so. The Cadenza is legitimately a nice car. Especially for it's price point. The Forte is too, but I feel like the new Civic and Cruze are going to completely murder it.
>>
>>14213846
>two door
>buick
>ATS-V rebadge
>twinturbo V6
called it a long time ago. Now just wait untill they clal it a GNX, and suddenly every boomer in America owns one.
>>
>>14213884
http://www.hotrod.com/news/1601-ponycar-nirvana-new-buick-avista-unveiled-at-2016-detroit-auto-show/
>>
>>14216720
>Now just wait untill they clal it a GNX, and suddenly every boomer in America owns one.

But that's a good thing. It'll incentivize the GM to green light more overpowered RWD models.
>>
>>14214208
>yet

>>14216535
>This new Buick coupe is literally a Camaro with a body kit and a Cadillac engine
No, it's an ATS-V coupe with Buick styling. Nothing Camaro about it.
>>
>>14216720
>GNX
>boomer
Gen X and yuppies
>>
>>14216719
They do absolutely nothing better than the competition. So why do they win?
>>
>>14216734
The Cadenza is priced at $34,000 in the US. That get's you leather seating, navigation, giant sunroof, 293hp engine, 28 mpg, a ten year 100,000 mile warranty, premium sound system, climate controlled seats, all those backup/lanewatch sensors that normies want, all in a large comfy sedan.

I can't think of any other large car that offers all that for a similar price.
>>
File: 2016.jpg (630KB, 1920x1152px) Image search: [Google]
2016.jpg
630KB, 1920x1152px
>>14216728
Gen X are the new boomers.
>>
>>14216747
>leather seating
"shitty" leather seating
>navigation
wow
>giant sunroof
not in the base model
>293hp engine
the lambda engines are shit desu
>28 mpg
nothing special
>100.000 mile
only reason to buy one
>premium sound system
It's pretty shitty actually. Other companies would call such system "premium"
>climate controlled seats
standard in basically every fucking car that is more than 20k$
>backup system
give you that

All in all it's a average shitbox that wins test by having gimmicks for cheap. 10/10 Car of the year
>>
>>14216770
>>climate controlled seats
>standard in basically every fucking car that is more than 20k$

That's bs.
>>
>>14216775
Why would you need something like seat cooling ?
>>
>>14216782
You obviously have never lived in California.
>>
>>14216791
You are a serious pussy whiped faggot if you can't deal with "hot" seats. Do you drive naked? Why don't you care about your steering wheel being hot as fuck?
>>
>>14216801
>You are a serious pussy whiped faggot if you can't deal with "hot" seats.
Not that guy, but I don't think you have any idea what "pussy whipped" means.
>>
>>14216801
That's a misuse of "pussy whipped" but regardless of how pussified you think I am, I do like having my ass and back cooled after hiking or playing outside during summer. Are you one of those faggots who thinks your manliness is proportional to your discomfort?
>>
>>14216808
pussy whipped

(1) adj - situation whereupon a male is undeniably at the mercy of his high-maintinence girlfriend & answers to her every beck and call, usually followed by the reprioritizing of girlfriend over friends, family, school, food, water, and air.

(1 example) omg, tom's girl has him so fucking pussy whipped that instead of going to the yankees game with me and the boys, he spent his whole weekend at the pottery barn expo, picking out ceramic cats and china patterns. ::insert cracking bull-whip sound HERE::

from urbandict
>>
>>14216813
It's not. No self respecting man would care about climate controlled seats
>>
>>14216820
Poorfag spotted.
>>
File: johan_smithers.jpg (98KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
johan_smithers.jpg
98KB, 500x600px
>>14216816
>Wanting to be icey cool in 110 degree weather means I'm subservient to my girlfriend.

What are you on?
>>
>>14216816
Yes, and how does this relate?
>>
>>14216828
Says the guy who thinks hyundai/kias are great cars.
>>
>>14216830
There's a difference between AC and having a cooled butt desu senpai

>>14216831
You have to be an autist to not realize that I am implying that he is pussy whipped. It's like saying he is a cuck for wanting a cooled butt.
>>
>>14216836
I want my ass to be cooled after running up hill.

>You have to be an autist to not realize that I am implying that he is pussy whipped. It's like saying he is a cuck for wanting a cooled butt.

You're talking to two separate people but I hardly see how wanting to be selfishly comfy is being at the beck and call of a woman. I don't even have a girlfriend. I do have a friend with benefits, but I'm usually the one that does the whipping. I don't think you understand cuck either.
>>
>>14216836
>There's a difference between AC and having a cooled butt desu senpai
And neither relate to being "pussy whipped".
>You have to be an autist
I done think you understand the term "autist"
>to not realize that I am implying that he is pussy whipped
Um, I acknowledged you implied that exact thing Mr Shitposter.
>It's like saying he is a cuck for wanting a cooled butt
Again, two things that are unrelated. Are you the mental gymnast from earlier?
>>
>>14216849
no one asked you to blogpost, cuck.
>>
>>14216856
Oh come on go back to reddit this isn't your personal hugbox
>>
>>14216859
No one asked you to shitpost, retard.
>>
>>14216859
>Responding to inane shitposting is blogposting

You sound like a butt blasted little whiner.
>>
>>14216862
>get countered at every flawed point
>retort with another shitpost.
Great job!
>>
>>14216863
yes you did
>>14216864
I have a fuckbuddy hear me !
>>14216866
doubleposting should not be allowed desu
>>
>>14216862
You strike me as someone who doesn't understand the subject matter they're talking about attempting to use buzzwords to deflect their idiocy.
>>
>>14216870
Buzzwords have a long tradition on imageboards. How new are you ?
>>
>>14216872
>Saying "How new are you ?"

Jesus you're hitting every cliche head on.
>>
>>14216876
:^)
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.