[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Camaro SS vs ATS-V

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9

>Same platform, share coupe, sedan Caddy exclusive
>Share I4T, V6
>V6TT exclusive to ATS-V, V8 exclusive to Camaro SS
> 8-speed auto, 6-speed manual options for both
>Caddy is 60k top trim
>Chevy is 45k top trim
>Almost identical power output, but one is big-displacement NA V8, other side twin-turbo V6
>Camaro is more sporty and mod-receptive, saves extra money for more go fast parts
>Caddy is optioned out, luxury cruiser, but 15k more

So if you had all that monies, and had to choose between the two, what do /o/?

I realize a C7 or 350R might be faster around the track, but fuck off with your derailing.
>>
>>14211691

If I am honest I'd probably swing for the ATS-V

Just god damn GM knocked that car out of the park, plus comes standard with two turbos.

Plus you can get 550 RWHP with just a tune and downpipe which is pretty fucking nuts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DCK2hoalVE
>>
File: Smugwojak4v2.png (30KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Smugwojak4v2.png
30KB, 640x400px
do you wanna be shitposted on the internet for looking like a redneck [camaro] or do you wanna be shitposted on the internet for not having bought a german equivelent? [the caddy]
>>
>>14211691
ATS-V
it looks like a car, not a giant hot wheel
>>
>>14211772
the true answer

But I feel like turbo tuning invites more potential for shortening the life of your engine than tuning the NA V8. Camaro has far bigger aftermarket support if cost is a concern as well.

But if it's a DD, the extra 15k on basically interior might be worth it.
>>
The ATS-V managed to out-M3 the M3.
Also visibility is nice to have.
>>
>>14211796
this as well, the styling of the Camaro is so over the top that I would personally never own one. No way am I parking something that looks like that out front and letting people know I own it.

But OP might not have the same reaction to the styling.
>>
>>14211772
>or do you wanna be shitposted on the internet for not having bought a german equivelent? [the caddy]

Seems like the Caddy would be the one shitposting as nothing pisses bimmerfags off more than knowing there's a faster M3 out there that's not an M3.

One thing you'll never hear from them again is
>"lol cant turn"
>>
>>14211691
ats-v

Its beautiful, its fast.
love caddies, but they look too fast to pack just a 2.0turbo. This v6tt is the power plant it deserves.

My mother has an ats 2.0 awd. Its really nice to drive. even if its not a big engine you feel planted and turn on a dime. Good car.
>>
>>14211824
this.
>>
>>14211805

ATS-V forums show no engine issues, actually quite a few threads of guys beating them to death on the track without the cars missing a beat.

My only qualm with the ATS-V is the guage cluster. The CTS-V gets such an awesome gauge cluster and the ATS-V gets this?

Hell, the 6th gen Camaro cluster is much nicer. The rest of the ATS-V interior is very nice though. Although for 60K and basically a $500 dyno tune you're making 500+ at the wheels is a pretty damn good value. Considering the last gen V's made that while weighing like 200-400 lbs more depending on what model you got.
>>
>>14211871
Did they fix the regular fucking ATS turbo yet?
I seriously wanted toget one and went rading the forums. All they were bitching about wee engines suiciding under 3k miles
>>
>>14211886

Looks like the regular ATS is still experiencing issues. Like who auto transmissions being replaced, manual trans randomly stalling, and stabilitrack sensors going bad/other electrical gremlins.

Maybe I'll stick with my 5th gen for a long time lol
>>
File: 1440896022064.gif (2MB, 452x170px) Image search: [Google]
1440896022064.gif
2MB, 452x170px
>>14211871
>My only qualm with the ATS-V is the guage cluster
>2016
You have got to be shitting me.
>>
File: xf.jpg (212KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
xf.jpg
212KB, 1500x844px
neither
>>
>muh results on drag radials
100% irrelevant
>>
Charger, I'm not giving those fucking jews at GM my money, fuck them.
>>
>>14212973
>giving Fiat your money instead

lol
>>
>>14212982
Id rather they have my money than GM
>>
File: 2016-chevrolet-cruze-dashboard.jpg (96KB, 1200x947px) Image search: [Google]
2016-chevrolet-cruze-dashboard.jpg
96KB, 1200x947px
>>14212569
>2016
>$60k Cadillac
>same dash as a sub-$20k Chevy
>>
File: 1414735096741.jpg (18KB, 240x251px) Image search: [Google]
1414735096741.jpg
18KB, 240x251px
>>14213002
>>
>>14212973
this 2bh pham. Except I'd go with a Challenger.
>>
>>14212569

>Paying 60K+ for a car
>Want a better gauge cluster than that rental car shit

Literally everything in GM's lineup looks better than the ATS cluster, and everything else in GM's lineup has a better system than CUE

Chevy mylink is pretty god damn good, and even better when you start considering price points. Doesn't lag, nice and responsive.
>>
>>14213036
>Chevy mylink is pretty god damn good, and even better when you start considering price points. Doesn't lag, nice and responsive.

Why didn't they put that in all the caddys then? WHO thought the cue was a good idea?

What if they dumped the entire cue shit and just replaced it with a better more functioning system in the GM parts bin? would that look "cheap" or should Cadillac continue to try dealing with and improving the cue?
>>
>>14213077

Honestly GM is letting Cadillac do whatever the fuck they want within reason. They wanted a touch screen system created solely by them and GM was like alright well that's a good selling point on a luxury brand.

Then they basically tell Chevy/Buick to go ahead and do the same thing. I don't think they share much of anything with the CUE outside of it being a touch screen given how nice Chevy MyLink is compared to CUE. GM probably doesn't force mylink on Cadillac because they want Cadillac to be the flag ship. Having personal experience with both, Mylink is so much better it's funny, and I would ditch CUE all together if I was GM.
>>
>>14213027
I would go with that too, but i love having the two extra doors for the homies. And i feel more american since its larger.
>>
>>14211691
Amazing how the camaro seems to be slower than a mustang with the same mods.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta3mxWeD3j0
>>
File: 1449806829166.jpg (82KB, 577x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1449806829166.jpg
82KB, 577x1024px
>>14213387
Not really when you consider the Mustang has 4 ((four)quatro) times the cams and twice as many valves.
>>
>>14213670
So basically the camaro is just a inferior car. We should just turn this into a dohc thread then
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.