[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finding the limits of your car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: forester1.jpg (111KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
forester1.jpg
111KB, 800x600px
Was in a friends Subaru Forester with engine change in yesterday and he threw it into roundabouts and corners at 60 without a question from him or the car. I drive fast but not that fast how do you learn the limits of your car like that without ending up in a ditch?
>>
>>14211037
Parking lot
>>
>>14211037
'closed course'
>>
>>14211046
The speed he was putting it into tight corners you just cant get up in a parking lot
>>
>>14211037
drive more, get gud

autocross/rallycross too if ya want to learn how to turn, brake, and manage the throttle better
>>
>>14211037
push yourself slightly more every time, learn from close calls, dont fuck up.

Pay for track time if you can, otherwise you take the risk.
>>
Think about what you haven't ever done, then do it.
>>
File: 10768419826_da886a1023_k.jpg (1MB, 2048x1362px) Image search: [Google]
10768419826_da886a1023_k.jpg
1MB, 2048x1362px
>>14211060
gravel is also your friend for learning how to oversteer
>>
>>14211065
>>14211052
>>14211060
These. Private course and if you can private lessons on a race track. Learn your cars threshold braking, how it can handle curves and what its limits are
>>
File: 1586445687.jpg (433KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
1586445687.jpg
433KB, 1000x667px
Slightest bit of tire slip is your indicator of grip limit. Find a nice tight curve and keep hitting it at progressively higher speed until you start to get tire noise. Thats your maximum safe cornering speed for that sort of corner. You can assume a lot based on that, if the curve is tighter or more gradual and adjust.
>>
>>14211092
Living in the UK its very hard to find gravel tracks that aren't owned and dont you need to put some reinforcement so the stones dont fuck up the bottom of your car?
>>
>>14211114
naaaaah, people daily drive on gravel roads in the US just fine I did get a lot of flats from nails and screws though whenever I went whippin it on gravel.
Rednecks just tend to drop a lot of nails and other objects while driving I guess
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.