[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/ I just bought a nissan frontier and I just noticed the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 20160109_204541.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160109_204541.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Hey /o/ I just bought a nissan frontier and I just noticed the tires are rotted. Should I replace them or can I last a week on these tires?
>>
>>14210476
Bump
>>
should be okay but that weird inconsistent crack near the bottom right is a bit unsettling. could be an indication of a bigger problem. as long as there are no blisters(bulges that rise above the tread) or intense vibrations you should be fine.
post a picture of the cracking in the sidewall if the cracks are wider than 1 mm I'd replace them.
>>
>>14210600
maybe it's a plug from a nail?
>>
>>14210476
I would change it ASAP. It might last a week, but it might not...
>>
>>14210476
Just dont drive fast, do any sharp manouvers and stay off rough roads. Also think that the tire could rip apart at any time, and adjust your driving accordingly
>>
File: 20160110_102939.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160110_102939.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>14210600
There are cracks on the sidewall and they're well over 1mm wide.
>>
>>14210600
>>14210606
Alright, I'm going to replace them, thanks guys.
>>
>>14210476
If you need to drive it for a couple weeks while you save up some money, they'll probably be ok. Just make sure you have a good spare and drive carefully.
>>
Tires are the #1, absolute most important thing on a car. They should be changed. That bottom left bruise looking thing looks dangerous. Maybe I'm just a pussy, but I would only drive straight to a tire shop. Maybe go up a few sizes while you;re at it. What year Frontier?
>>
The OH YEAH! If that one tire is the worst (with the bruise with the deep cut) Bust out the spare. It might need to be aired up though.
>>
Not as bad as it looks.

The damage is only tread-deep, you're not going to have a blowout or anything any time soon, so long as you keep them inflated. If you go out stuntin' you'll get tread separation eventually, but you should have plenty of warning when chunks of tread start sloughing off before the tire actually fails.

On a DD that only sees commuter service, I would honestly just drive them down to 2/32" and replace them then.
>>
>>14210600
this:
>>14210604
It's a plug site from a repaired nail or screw puncture.
>>
>>14210476
Replace it. I had one blow out on a highway in my prelude and it was snowy, I skidded into a guard rail. I wasn't going that fast so the car was fine except for a minor dent and some paint chips, but it was fucking scary.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.