[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

opinions on pickup trucks from 2005-2010? what type of things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: trucks son.jpg (158KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
trucks son.jpg
158KB, 1280x720px
opinions on pickup trucks from 2005-2010?

what type of things should i be aware of from all truck models when looking to buy used:
dodge, ford, gmc/chevy, toyota, nissan, etc.
>>
I'd pick up the ford or chevy.

fucked 4x4
bad trans shifting
>>
>>14207544
Titan 4x4. After 2006 it was awesome. Great engine. Great Off road. Meh interior. CHEAP to buy used. Best value in used mid sized trucks.
>>
They’re all junk.

No one has made a good truck in decades.
>>
Don't buy a titan if you don't want a piece of crap with over a decade old styling. Don't buy an 07 or before f150 and don't buy an 06 or before gm. Tundras are ok but under perform in all the categories.
>>
>>14207557
Titans we're literally the worse truck compared to all the other companies offerings. In practically every way. Silverado, F150, Sierra, Tundra, Ram. The Nissan was outclassed in every aspect as well as in just work usage in every spot except MAYBE interior quality, but that's a huge maybe that I'm leaving to personal taste because the Tundra had a great work interior.
>>
>>14207565
What were the last good trucks then? Ford Highboy was great.
>>
>>14207565
>>14207608
don't listen to angry poorfags who spew out sour grapes for no good reason. New trucks get better gas mileage, have nicer features available, and are more capable and reliable. Don't see what's worse about any of those.
>>
>>14207550
>>14207581

whats wrong with the Dodge 1500?
>>
>>14207608
The Ford f250 highboy was the pinnacle of trucks.

>>14207615
Nothing wrong with better fuel economy and power of modern trucks, I won't argue that.

>reliable

Simply not true. Nothing produced in the last 20 years comes close to the reliability of the ford 300 inline 6.

>nicer features

All crap that will go to hell the first time it gets swamped out by mud or water.
>>
>>14207684
Just because the engine of a truck is more reliable doesn't mean that the rest of the truck is more reliable. And you know doors are sealed nowadays, right?
>>
>>14207544
if the GM has the 4 speed auto, pass
if the Ferd doesn't have the 5.0L or 3.7L if that's your thing, pass
If the RAM is a RAM, pass.
>>
>>14207698
>And you know doors are sealed nowadays, right?

How is that necessary to the function of the truck as a tool?
>>
>>14207726
you can't get water in a truck with sealed doors so the features won't "go to hell the first time it gets swamped out by mud or water"
>>
Most modern truck owners like to think that they haul and tow much more than they actually do. In reality, most modern truck owners would be better off with a SUV and a trailer for their occasional "blue collar" work.
>>
>>14207758
I'm a senior in high school have had my truck for 3 mos, don't have a job, and have had something in the bed for almost every day be it fire wood, furniture, recycling, etc. I'm not blue collar cause I don't have a job at all, and I'm not from a white collar family. Trucks are used when ever.
>>
>>14207758
Most sports car drivers don't drive anywhere near the limit the vehicle's potential. most sports car owners would be better off taking the bus and riding a 10 speed for "the feelz"
>>
>>14207544
Ford engines: make sure the 6.0 liter Diesel is made after early 2005, avoid triton V10 because shit mpg, and 5.4L v8 because funky, three-valve-per-cylinder layout(I think). Unusual body rust, caused by poorly-sealed adhesive trapping water between two metal layers. Most common areas affected include rear fenders, underside of doors, and front quarter panels behind front wheels. Common on '03-'07 F-2-and-350 and up body styles. 302ci Engine available
Mopar: Bad rear diffs/trans(sometimes), you usually can't find them under 100k miles and half their bodies rusted away (like any mopar vehicle). Cummins Diesel Engine- Unmatched reliability, unless overworked/abused by previous owner.
Toyota:
Tundra- No diesel available, but big, reliable, can't go wrong. Crazy-High resale value.
Tacoma: See Tundra, but meant for smaller, light duty jobs. Think Ford ranger, but slightly longer. Rare/pricey if not beaten to shit at <100k miles.

GM: Just.. Don't.
>>
FYI- OP, if you want 4x4, try to get manual lockers. Much stronger than automatics, easier to fix & possibly cheaper.
>>
>>14207544

Why look at 05-10 trucks? Late eighties and early nineties trucks have better reliability and usually comparable mileage. An original 12v Cummins W250 is GOAT.
>>
>>14207684
>first time it gets swamped out by mud or water

Anon, I don't know what the fuck you're doing throwing your trucks in swamps and shit, but I can assure you the fantasies you're imagining are a non-issue.
>>
>>14208237
>GM: Just.. Don't.

? I have a 06 Chev 1500 4x4, 195k miles, best damn truck I've ever owned.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.