[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the hardest you've ever been tailgated, /o/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 10

File: hot dog sandwich.jpg (158KB, 1300x1025px) Image search: [Google]
hot dog sandwich.jpg
158KB, 1300x1025px
What's the hardest you've ever been tailgated, /o/?
>>
>>14198393
A chp trooper followed me for about 40 miles into Nevada with his bull bar about 6 inches from my rear bumper once.

I could literally hear my mudflaps knocking back and making a ponging noise off the bar too so I know he was within a foot.
>>
>>14198393
So hard I became a furry
>>
To the point where his airbag went off when I brake checked him
>>
>>14199340
Kek

>>14198393
I tail gated someone to less than 1 foot after he/she being an ass and refused to let me into their lane at a merge.
>>
Was tailgated quite closely on the way to work this morning:

> Single carriageway 50mph road two cars in front then a HGV doing 40, steady stream of traffic in the other direction. Twat behind thinks driving right up behind me is going to cause a change in the status quo, he was right but probably not in the way he wanted, I dropped to 5th and rolled off the throttle gently down to about 30 knowing he wouldn't have room to get past. Well that's the right thing to do open up a bigger breaking zone as I have to take his stopping into account as well. I like my car and don't want it rearranged it's barely 12 months old.
>>
> people who buy fast cars and proceed to drive fast on the freeway and tailgate people

what exactly is going on in their brains
>>
>have 2 slow drivers in front of me on a crowded road
>leave decent space between me and the person in front instead of mashing together and tailgating
>guy behind me is tailgating me
>passes me
>tailgates the person in front of me
What's the point? You can't go anywhere.
>>
>>14199606
This. Why?
>>
>>14199634
Maybe to enjoy their cars and do what they were built to do? Not the tailgating part obviously, but there's nothing wrong with driving a fast car fast if situations allow for it to be done easily and safely.
>>
>>14199717
Well I'm talking about the tailgating on a busy freeway.
>>
>>14198393
Never been tailgated because i don't drive like a slow faggot
>>
>driving buick roadmaster in heavy traffic
>have tailgating down to a fucking science in this thing
>traffic moving at about 5-10mph
>get so close to this fucker that my dick was bigger than the gap between our cars
>do that for awhile
>get off on exit finally
>flashing blue lights behind me
>get pulled over, cop saw me riding his ass and gives me a ticket for tailgating
>>
>>14199776
That's what you get faggot
>>
>>14199776

>actually tailgating

Please fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>14199321
>mudflaps
>>
>>14199717
no, i'm talking about tailgating and swerving between cars on a busy freeway

if you want to drive fast do it on a track or a backroad if you must
>>
>>14199776
Well if you are going to drive less than 2 inches from the car in front what do you expect?
>>
>>14199784
>>14199801
>>14199819

>being this butt mad that you cant tailgate perfectly and never crash

I have not and will not ever hit someone because i'm tailgating them. That's how confident I am in my ability. People over react and think tailgating is a dick move, but those are the people who just put the car in D, stomp the gas and try to ride close, so they end up crashing like the fucking retards they are. Tailgating is a skill that requires exceptional finesse, perception, and anticipation of the cars every move. But fucking idiots that suck at it give it a bad name. If you can't handle being tailgated without sperging all over the freeway, then don't fucking drive.
>>
Indiana State Police on I-70. He was profiling me.
>>
File: 1452130092519.jpg (42KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1452130092519.jpg
42KB, 360x360px
>>14199844
>>
>>14199844
this is bait

that or you're a fedora-donning edgelord
>>
>>14199844
>That's how confident I am in my ability

That ability doesn't include spotting brightly colored cop cars with light bars.

It's a good thing confidence in one's abilities are never misplaced in young men.
>>
>>14199844
all i have to do is floor my break pedal and your car is written off
>>
>>14199844

you're a fag.
>>
File: 1451690901081.jpg (30KB, 720x438px) Image search: [Google]
1451690901081.jpg
30KB, 720x438px
>>14199884
>>14199894
>>14199896
>>14199901
such easy bait
>>
>>14198393
tow truck up my ass while i was going 15 over in a passing zone at night, entire cabin of my car was lit up; wasn't even /my/ car.

Close enough to me that i waved for him to pass, then for him to back off, then threw a 1 1/2 foot long screwdriver out the window at his truck hoping to take his faggot tire out.

Didn't work.
>>
I hate it when you are being slowed down by traffic in front of you, so the asshole behind you tailgates you super hard like it's your fault.

my car is never kept clean, so on a few occasions I've thrown an old McDonalds bag or an empty can out the window and look for their reaction when it hits the front of their shitbox.
>>
>>14199844
I can guarantee you my brakes are considerably stronger than yours and I will not hesitate to brake check your stupid ass then higher a Jew lawyer to comp me for my back and neck pain
>>
>>14199914
>life is this bad you shitpost this hard
Take a chill pill dude.

Maybe the whole bottle.
>>
>>14199908
nice, you said something retarded and people called you a retard

you sure got me
>>
>>14199908
Ah the cry of the insecure when they have had there ass handed to them.
>>
>>14199881
Yes, I do own a pair of glasses like that.

>>14199884
Not falling for it

>>14199894
>implying it wasn't a blacked out charger
it was

>>14199896
But you wouldn't do that because you're too much of a pussy. Seriously people get nervous when I tailgate, I can tell by the way they change their driving style.

>>14199914
You literally cannot outsmart me on the road, I will know when you're gonna do some white knight shit like that.
>>
>>14199913
>throw shit out window
>it hits their car
>next traffic light
>they get out and whip your ass
>>
>>14199925
>Responding seriously to a shitpost is shitposting
I advise you to take your own advice

>>14199937
Yeah this is definitely a troll
>>
>>14199937
>But you wouldn't do that because you're too much of a pussy. Seriously people get nervous when I tailgate, I can tell by the way they change their driving style.

oh no i would never want to damage my shitbox i got for free of the side of a road and ruin some dumb kids day when i ruin the car daddy bought for his 18th birthday
>>
>>14199938
Guess it's a good thing i'm not a manlet and I have a CC permit in my state.
>>
>>14199914
hire*
fuck
>>
If I ever decide to tailgate someone or throw something at the car behind me, I put on a mask that I keep in my glove box.
>>
>>14199938
The only people who tailgate are middle aged women and asians who don't know any better so I'll take my chances.
>>
>>14199971
Are you a big guy?
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 283x352px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 283x352px
Ive told this story before
>be driving muh truck Northbound on 280
>in slow lane doing speed limit
>other lanes are open enough that people are flying past me at 80+mph
>filipino in his riced out Civic tailgating me for no reason
>hes tailgating me so hard his hood is basically gone from view
>thinking about brake checking him but then see 1/2 dead deer in my lane and other 1/2 in shoulder
>fucking gun it
>truck is high enough that i drive right over deer corpse
>hes not so lucky
>smashes into deer corpse and see shredded bits fly onto his hood and windshield
>he loses his front bumper and shoots straight to the shoulder
>i keep driving like normal
>mfw
>>
File: bait3.jpg (8KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
bait3.jpg
8KB, 224x225px
>>14199962
>>
>>14199978
That's fucking hilarious. Is it me or does everyone in the bay area tailgate?
>>
>>14199976
It's a Richard Nixon mask, not a bane mask.
>>
>tfw no matter how fast I feel like I am going in which ever of the cars I drive every now and then there is the same woman with curly red hair in a LHD SWB grand vitara that is up my ass.

That woman is fucking crazy and has balls of steel. I pretty much have to let off and wave her by when an overtaking opportunity happens because she pressures me so much it is ridiculous.
>>
>>14199996
hahahaah epic http://reddit.com/r/funny
>>
>>14199471
What's the point in greentexting a paragraph?
>>
>>14199975
you missed that meathead aggro cunts tailgate a lot also
>>
The weirdest case of tailgating I've had:
>driving along i94 at o-dark thirty
>headlights badly fogged up, running with fog-lights on to make up for shitty headlights
>overtake a semi
>semi dives into my lane and flashes is high beams at me.
>wtf m8?
>semi is determined to ride my ass
>get tired of the flashing high beams, floor it.
>>
>>14199998
Everyone tailgates out here, even i do it sometimes.
Everyones just Go-Go-Go, cant be helped.
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 750x724px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 750x724px
>>14199343
>>
Why don't you all just lay on your horn for like 30 seconds that would get the message across too without the danger of tailgating
>>
>>14200144

You probably had your rear fogs on or was missing tail lights.

Check your shit
>>
You cut me off after tail gating and ill use my 2006 escalade with full coverage to ram you into the ditch and roll you. Fun fact
I'm Canadian
>>
>>14200316
dude, we'd lmao.
>>
>>14200285
Patience is a virtue. As a truck driver tailgating is something I don't do even if somebody is driving obnoxiously slow. People here can barley drive there econoboxes to work without crashing, it wouldn't surprise me that they don't know any better.
>>
>>14200336
Flow of traffic and all that.
Hell even this morning i was doing 80mph on the freeway and 2 CHP drove past me like nothing.
>>
>>14200311
Don't have rear fogs and the tail lights are fine.
>>
>>14200392
You ever notice that the fucking passing lane is so clogged up with people doing 65 that everyone speeds in the slow lanes? Then they proceed to tailgate my dump truck until they realize that I'm a big truck and I cant physically go faster than 65 miles an hour.
>>
File: tip.jpg (15KB, 425x279px) Image search: [Google]
tip.jpg
15KB, 425x279px
>>14199908
>>
i got tailgated by a few ricers that i left in the dust when they pulled to my right.
Last car i got tailgated by was a recent challenger trying to get my attention, i gunned it till 160kph and pulled because it was getting too fast in traffic, he just gunned it, i saw the scat pack crest when he went by.
>>
>>14200433
Yup, i commute 120 miles a day and notice this EVERY SINGLE DAY.
Its maddening dude.
>dumptruck
Eyyy, i was driving an F750 dumtruck for the last company i was with, that was fun,
>>
>>14198393
only time i get tailgated is when someone wants to race
>>
>>14200880
I'm pretty stoked considering I'm only 20. I was just doing Carpentry and I never thought my company would let me drive there trucks considering I'm so young.
>>
>>14200938
A clean driving record and lack of qualified drivers is prob what worked in your favor lel.
Just drive like an old man.
Where abouts you driving?
Ive been all over this fucking state for work
>>
No idea. I drive a Silverado, so I don't even notice unless they start honking and hollering.
>>
>>14201062
>A clean driving record and lack of qualified drivers is prob what worked in your favor lel.
This is exactly why, all my co-workers have accidents and the guys that can drive trucks don't have papers. I feel really comfortable driving the truck though, I've never felt intimidated by big vehicles. Not to mention it's pretty fun. Our shop is in San Jose on 101 and we have jobs all over the south bay so I'm on 101 and 880 most of the time.
>>
File: 1443550063052.gif (930KB, 410x231px) Image search: [Google]
1443550063052.gif
930KB, 410x231px
I drive a lifted truck so when people tailgate me im like

LOLQUE
>>
>>14201777
just let them they'll get a rock in the windshield
>>
>>14199808
I work for the forest service and my dusty station is up a shitty dirt road, I'd prefer not to launch rocks at people behind me considering I've been on the receiving end of that before.
>>
>>14202986
*duty
>>
File: shit.png (59KB, 309x268px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
59KB, 309x268px
>be on L plates
>truck starts tailgating me
>go down steep hill
>engine brake
>>
>>14198393
Well I got slammed into on the freeway hard enough to push me onto the shoulder, so about that hard I guess. Still recovering.
>>
I don't know if it was tailgating or slipstreaming but a Reliant Robin came within -50mm of the back of my SAAB 95 estate, by which I mean his plastic bucket with an engine ended up about 2 inches shorter (the headlights ended up pointing vertically). There was no detectable damage to my car, SAAB Stronk.
>>
>>14199813
This faggot. I bet your gonna tell me street racing is illegal and I should only do it on the track
>>
I tailgate cunts that merge into the left lane in front of my comfy 2 second gap. I tail gate them hard. You only go in the left lane if traffic is freely flowing and you can actually pass traffic. If there are dozens of cars all traveling at the same pace just stay in your fucking lane cunts.. you're not getting to the office any faster.

I also pass people on the left shoulder if they're driving get too slow. Fucking cunts.
>>
>>14203042
>Reality offends me
>>
I tailgate when the faggot in front of me is too slow and stubborn to get on a slower lane. If he isn't intimidated (quite rare) or wants to prove a point I proceed to flash my high beams.
>>
File: 1450481010026.jpg (23KB, 181x236px) Image search: [Google]
1450481010026.jpg
23KB, 181x236px
>In the left lane on the interstate trying to pass, but the person in front of me is clogging up the lane going the same speed as traffic in the right lane
>Not tailgating them because I'm not a retard and just waiting for them to move out of the way so I can speed up and pass people
>Car behind me thinks I'm the one holding up traffic because I'm not a foot away from the bumper of the slow car in front of me
>They aggressively go around me in the right lane, then cut me off by squeezing in front of me just before they slam into an even slower vehicle in the right lane, causing me to let off the gas completely or even break so I'm not tailgaiting them like a motherfucker

IM NOT THE ONE HOLDING UP TRAFFIC IN THE LEFT LANE YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT, IT'S THE CAR IN FRONT OF ME AND I'M JUST NOT TAILGATING THEM

ME NOT TAILGATING THE CAR IN FRONT OF ME IS NOT AN INVITAYION TO GO AROUND ME AND CUT ME OFF YOU FUCKING FUCKS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
not often, one time sticks out to me

>driving home from work
>2am
>naturally want to get home quick
>20 minute drive
>end up behind someone in a cavalier or something
>going well under limit
>staying a good distance away from them
>they pull over after like 30 seconds
>wat
>i pass, they start again behind me
>they speed up and keep with me
>right on my ass
>doing over limit now
>slowly keep speeding up
>still right on my ass
>why.jpg
>drop it and speed off

idk what i did
>>
>>14203148
Having driven large trucks before and knowing how easy it is to intimidate people by pulling up close behind them, it always amuses me to be on the receiving end of it. It's like, bro, what the fuck are you going to do, hit me? No, of course not. Who are you fooling? I've been where you at an know exactly what you're doing and it ain't working today.

>few weeks ago
>coming home from work
>some brodozer pulls into my lane with blue projectors at full tilt
>can't see shit
>he crawls up my ass
>drop a gear and start slowing down
>go from 65 in a 55 down to 45
>still on my ass starts honking
>keep coming down
>get to 25 in the middle of the interstate
>lanes on either side are clear
>hardly anyone else on the road
>this goober still stays behind me laying on his horn
>after three minutes of this he finally jerks to the next lane to pass
>open up the throttle and leave him behind

It's like people who think they can intimidate their way into someone elses lane just because they have a big vehicle. The one time someone actually followed through and kept coming over, I just stayed the course and let them hit me. They got a ticket and I got twice as much from insurance as my old piece of shit jeep was worth, pretty win/win.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.