[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VW engine conversion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (221KB, 1937x1259px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
221KB, 1937x1259px
Need some advice guys.
I have a carburated Toyota 13T complete with A/T trans laying around and a buddy of mine has 3 VW Beetle rolling shells in his backyard.

How hard would it be to fit that engine and transmission into a VW Beetle?

I know id have to cut up and fab stuff up in order to make it work.

Just tossing around the idea of a possible summer project.
>>
Respect your elders and at least use a naturally aspirated Subaru boxer if you're too cheap to build a VW air cooled engine. 150-ish HP is plenty of power for such a bucket, and anything else will be acoustically and ideologically wrong.
>>
>>14196809
Alright so do you have anything value to contribute on how to start my 13T swap?

If youre upset point me to a Toyota truck rolling shell that can be bought for 100 dollars.
>>
>>14196818
Shut the fuck up, faggot.
>>
>>14196578
>transplanting a shitty auto 4-cyl into a turd only notable for it's esoteric engine
>>
The trans won't work. Not unless you change fucking everything and make it a front-engined car. You might be able to fit the engine to a Beetle transaxle with a hellaciously expensive custom adapter but then you'd need to add a radiator and fab up an entire cooling system. So good luck with that.
>>
>>14196917
Pretty much this, unless you can somehow fit the engine/trans ahead of the rear axle/behind the front seats.

It's the kind of job that people will justify to build V8 beetles, but seems like too much work to swap in something you just happen to have laying around.
>>
>>14196823
Aw did mommy not give you money for your daily lunchables?

>>14196917
>>14197094
Makes sense, just trying to weigh out my options.
Like i said i have the engine laying around and my buddy has 3 Beetles laying around.
Maybe i can trade him the engine and trans for a rolling shell
>>
OP, good fucking luck. A longer inline engine wouldn't fit too well in a beetle, the bay is short and wide. Also, whatever trans you have probably won't work since the beetle uses a longitudinal transaxle.
>>
>>14199115
Better off getting a VW engine+transaxle setup for whichever rear suspension setup the shell you get from CL. Doesn't really matter if it runs, parts are cheap and you'll learn the ways of aircooled.
>>
>>14196818
What I have to contribute: If you have to ask this question, you probably don't have the skill to do it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.