[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Motivation thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 2016-01-06_12.21.29.jpg (2MB, 1678x2982px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-06_12.21.29.jpg
2MB, 1678x2982px
I fell for it /o/. I watched speed academy, mcm, drive, tuned, etc and was fooled into thinking I could build the car I wanted in the matter of a couple years and thought I had the funding in order to do so. In the past 6 months alone, I've been through 4 motors (2 ka24, 1 rb20, and a rb25) going into the 5th (vq37), 4 transmissions, 5 snails, some other shit and I've only made little progress. I'm 90% sure its due to me being indecisive with my build. I know what I want it to do but just keep finding alternate ways to do it. How bout a motivational thread?
>>
How the fuck have you killed 4 engines in 6 months? How the fuck did you kill an rb20?
>>
Decide on doing one thing
Create plan and list of things to do
Stick to plan

You're not going to make any progress if you keep changing what you want 1/4 way through
>>
>>14196328
I assumed he meant he kept changing his mind on what engine he wanted
>>
>>14196331
This
>>
The most expensive thing about car building is changing your mind
>>
>>14196286
Pick the engine you most like, not the best but the one you want. RB is best since i6

No idea on trannies, never dealt with them

And fit all 5 turbos together
>>
Story time senpaitachi,
>buy single cammer, put on lowering springs
>rebuild engine, Neva been dun befo
>don't crank 100 times, cam bearings sieze just after piston rings set
>fuck
>buy rb20, mounts, new turbo,
>next comes oil and coolant lines for turbo, guages
>I'm $4k into this car and will need about 1k more to get it on the road.
>learned my lesson
>>
>>14196286
RB26DETT
You'll never look back.
>>
Let me elucidate on the similarities and differences with the rb20det tranny and the ka tranny.
The rb20det gearbox is roughly 1/2 inch longer than the ka gearbox.
They have the same gear ratios
The bell housings are interchangeable
They use different clutch/pressure plate
The stock ka driveshaft will need to be cut unless the ka gearbox and rb20det bell housing is used
>>
>>14196286(OP)
put a 2jz in that 240sx >:)
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.