[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Drifting..."Shit"? So I've been around the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 26

Is Drifting..."Shit"?

So I've been around the internet hashing it out with every kind of enthusiast out there for some time now. One topic that frequently arises is Drifting and my thoughts on drifting are quite different from the masses.

Firstly I think drifting is stupid. I think it's slow, pointless, and if I'm honest I think anyone can not only learn to drift but learn to drift quickly and accurately. Actual talent seems to be lacking here.

Secondly I feel that most people in the drift scene, admiring it, or desire to become part of it are all ignorant, dumbasses who have no appreciation for engineering and how hard it is to produce a car that properly goes round a corner! Watching these people actually spend money to undo this really gets under my skin for a multitude of reasons.

Finally is it just me or do drifters actively seek cars that should be readily available for cheap to destroy? Datsun 510's used to be cheap buys, the 240sx and AE86 were all cheap until Fast and Furious TD came out. Now a 200SX is a hard car to find because hipsters are looking for glory on their local tracks. As we all know as soon as drifting is no longer a "thing" these drifters will move onto something that's more popular and easy to deify themselves by participating in. Basically I feel like the entire drift scene is comprised of posers with no real passion, intellect, or authenticity. I feel that they're all just idiots who like loud noises and explosions.

So my question is "Am I just an asshole for feeling this way??" Are my reasons just me projecting my own ignorance onto others when it comes to the drift scene? Even watching Ken Blocks Gymkahna videos have lost all of their "instant replay" magic and i find myself asking "wtf?" the entire time.

Chime in! I'd like to stop wanting to stab anyone who appreciates drifting in the neck with a piece of their own battered cars.
>>
File: driftarded.jpg (75KB, 640x461px) Image search: [Google]
driftarded.jpg
75KB, 640x461px
>>
It's fun
I like it
Every form of racing o sport in general has a ignorant dumbasses for fans. All of them
>>
>>14196063

>Firstly I think drifting is stupid. I think it's slow, pointless

Personal Opinion
Only if you are shit
Yes

If you don't like it cool, if you do cool. I used to get out and do it as much as I could, I found it fun as hell but hey, thats me.
>>
File: Drift Fail - 02.jpg (55KB, 805x482px) Image search: [Google]
Drift Fail - 02.jpg
55KB, 805x482px
>>
>>14196063
Watch Drift Bible by Keiichi Tsuchiya if you want to understand the skill behind drifting.

The only drifting that sucks is commercialized BS with 1000hp cars "drift cars" which can initiate just by tapping the gas pedal.
>>
240sx price jumped from ssc sr20det article. Not tokyo drift
>>
>>14196073
But couldn't you have as much, if not MORE fun driving around a track correctly, setting up your car in several different combinations, engineering parts and doing modifications to the chassis to squeeze out a consistent 3/10 instead of just burning rubber and wasting energy?

I think drifting can be fun...but it's kind of novel in my opinion. Like after the first 5 times there's no point in doing it anymore.
>>
File: 1404552260348.jpg (91KB, 960x628px) Image search: [Google]
1404552260348.jpg
91KB, 960x628px
Drifting looked dumb to me when I was younger, but eventually I got the appeal, especially once I linked it up with my love of Group B and how they just fucking threw and slid cars through curves. The idea of taking control of and making a sport of a car that's basically losing control is cool. It's kinda like speed skating versus track running.

There's appeal to having a planted car that can carve up a corner too, but the plus side of drifting is you can more or less do it in any semi sporty RWD shitbox. It's more accessible to me.

>I feel that they're all just idiots who like loud noises and explosions.

That's been a staple of car culture for a hundred years.
>>
>>14196081
Ya I was going to mention Tsuchiya earlier. But he's not just a drifter. He's really a thoroughbred racer and in an interview he stated that drifting got the crowd interested. I'll find the article and post it so you guys can see.
>>
>>14196087

I did have fun setting up my car in different combinations for tracks/wanted speed/grip, engineering parts and doing modifications to the chassis and suspension to squeeze out more angle and grip, while burning sweet rubber and energy.
>>
File: silvia.jpg (127KB, 666x444px) Image search: [Google]
silvia.jpg
127KB, 666x444px
>>14196087
pro tip: different people enjoy different things
>>
>>14196068
Except Rally.
>>
>>14196110
>except rally
Rally is particularly bad.
The average rally fan is an utterly retarded Man U supporting twonk.
>>
>>14196090
I agree with the idea that rally racing and group B are amazing but the idea that Rally racing and drifting are similar in any way is kind of idiotic. Your reasons make perfect sense but comparing drifiting at 90mph on dirt to drifting for shits and giggles kind of seems like an apples to oranges comparison. The surface plays a large roll in rally racing's use of the drift.

Actually RallyX is a perfect example of surfaces that require different approaches.
>>
File: Ken Block Seb Loeb.jpg (109KB, 480x960px) Image search: [Google]
Ken Block Seb Loeb.jpg
109KB, 480x960px
>>14196117
Or a Ken Block fan.
>>
File: IMGP4145.jpg (110KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP4145.jpg
110KB, 1000x600px
>"Am I just an asshole for feeling this way??" Are my reasons just me projecting my own ignorance onto others when it comes to the drift scene?
Yes, you are an asshole. Allow me to explain...
Drifting isn't ment to be fast, it's ment to be fun. Have you ever been proper drifting? It's fucking fuuuun.

>if I'm honest I think anyone can not only learn to drift but learn to drift quickly and accurately
True and not true. It's easy enough to learn to drift, just like driving is easy, but driving fast is hard. Same idea. A 200hp car will be easy to drift if properly set up, but getting it to go sideways, quickly, and with crazy angles, is actually kinda hard, especially when attempting to repeat. Drifting slow = easy enough, anyone can do it if they try, Drifting fast/well/repetitively = pretty hard

>ignorant, dumbasses who have no appreciation for engineering and how hard it is to produce a car that properly goes round a corner!
I can't speak to the entire community, but those who enjoy it, can appreciate proper track cars, some may even have a track car. But it takes a huge amount of engineering to make the aftermarket parts that can take a car going sideways, into a proper drift car. Things like suspension components, control arms, rods ties ect, all to give more steering angle, quicker steering with more feel, front end stability, you know, proper car control stuff

>drifters actively seek cars that should be readily available for cheap to destroy?
Cheap cars are better because less money is required, it's pretty simple idea. But I will concede the drifting community has dricen prices of these cars back up, but seriously, shut the fuck up, at least you aren't paying MSRP still. Plus, 240's and AE86's like you exampled, are literally the two best chassis for drifting.

I hope I have been able to clear things up for you, but im sure I messed up a thing or two because it's 3am and I'm stoned.
>>
>>14196098
Some men enjoy raping little boys...so should we allow that to happen? Yes that's a ridiculous comparison but logically the argument is valid. You have to realize that these people don't necessarily own the cars they're destroying. Sadly those cars aren't dime a dozen mustangs or camaros. They're generally cars that are a bit harder to come by and what's worse, came over in limited numbers. So while it may seem like "hey it's his car" and while that's a totally acceptable argument, what about the process of giving that car to someone else to enjoy once you're done with it? These generally aren't civics and corollas these guys love to destroy. They're usually rare birds that will meet the crusher as soon as they go to a junkyard.
>>
>>14196110
Did you just skip over the group B era of fans?
>>
File: 1402261578090.jpg (90KB, 628x444px) Image search: [Google]
1402261578090.jpg
90KB, 628x444px
>>14196140
Not everywhere is Nazi America butthole, here in Australia I see those kinds of cars everyday, they're a lot more common when your country's car import laws are sensible, we can even get new mustangs and daily them no problem.
>>
File: 32854982358635081365803174.jpg (48KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
32854982358635081365803174.jpg
48KB, 500x333px
ilovedrifting

woooo!
>>
File: jp.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
jp.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
real drifting coming through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crh6RyZ0uvM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWWRIIcLQuA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNXeynn1rnM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa1Vd57TK58
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3htXFNtECY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K14f1V18IQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ILwowd1Ucg
>>
File: Black touge2.jpg (203KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Black touge2.jpg
203KB, 960x720px
>>14196190
I was expecting Initial D. I'm extremely disappointed.
>>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LH_1c8zR-Sk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
>>
>>14196235
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH_1c8zR-Sk
>>
File: NOB HKS Silvia.jpg (383KB, 800x608px) Image search: [Google]
NOB HKS Silvia.jpg
383KB, 800x608px
>>14196235
Good work buddy!
>>
>>14196063
>Firstly I think drifting is stupid. I think it's slow, pointless, and if I'm honest I think anyone can not only learn to drift but learn to drift quickly and accurately. Actual talent seems to be lacking here.

Have you tried it? To me it's like doing tricks on a skateboard: something to do for fun and to challenge yourself. I hate the competitive nature of the professional side of drifting. It should be about going to the back roads with your buddies and ripping hektic skids.

>Secondly I feel that most people in the drift scene, admiring it, or desire to become part of it are all ignorant, dumbasses who have no appreciation for engineering and how hard it is to produce a car that properly goes round a corner! Watching these people actually spend money to undo this really gets under my skin for a multitude of reasons.

Again, this is mostly in the professional side of drifting. They resort to big power to hold slides forever and get big smoke. Grassroots drifters who have to make do with only 200 hp or less know what little thing is needed to go sideways. One of the reasons I also dislike LS swaps into everything.

1/2
>>
File: pagani-huayra-11.jpg (427KB, 1600x1060px) Image search: [Google]
pagani-huayra-11.jpg
427KB, 1600x1060px
So you dont think driving is fun OP? Is that what youre saying?
To be perfectly honest if you cant appreciate being a bit cheeky by getting tail happy out of a corner and smoking the tires, youre a bitch.
>>
>>14196259
2/2

>Finally is it just me or do drifters actively seek cars that should be readily available for cheap to destroy? Datsun 510's used to be cheap buys, the 240sx and AE86 were all cheap until Fast and Furious TD came out. Now a 200SX is a hard car to find because hipsters are looking for glory on their local tracks. As we all know as soon as drifting is no longer a "thing" these drifters will move onto something that's more popular and easy to deify themselves by participating in. Basically I feel like the entire drift scene is comprised of posers with no real passion, intellect, or authenticity. I feel that they're all just idiots who like loud noises and explosions.

If you were into the car scene before Tokyo Drift you would know 86s had drift tax (for a legit GT-S) and 240s were already quickly rising in popularity due to Sport Compact Car's SR20DET swap article. With the increasing drift tax and less cars to buy, drifters had to move to lesser popular platforms like the S12 and Starion but not for some hipster reasons, IMO.

A large portion of those posers though are now in the stance scene and drifting is past its peak. But the damage is done and the next cars on the bandwagon limelight will be the 25 year old imports like the R32. Expect to see Craigslist filled with GTs-Ts selling for $15000 for "legit RHD JDM GTR".

Bottom line, drive for yourself and choose your own car with your own style.
>>
>>14196063
You are not an asshole, it is your own opinion and you are allowed to think what you want. This topic is very subjective, some like grip while some like drift. Another tip, they will always be posers and ignorant shits in every scene, not just drifting.
>>
File: BenSopra-380SX-58-Hi-1400x600.jpg (173KB, 1400x600px) Image search: [Google]
BenSopra-380SX-58-Hi-1400x600.jpg
173KB, 1400x600px
>>14196242

thanks
>>
>>14196091
>But he's not just a drifter.
It literally wouldn't exist without him.
>>
>>14196306
It existed before him.
He just introdued to to a wider audence and made it popular
>>
File: FUGGIN MINT BRAH.png (555KB, 603x344px) Image search: [Google]
FUGGIN MINT BRAH.png
555KB, 603x344px
>>14196063
Nah dude ur just butthurt it's fuckin mint brah do it with my crew all the time.
>>
You sound like my dad who drag races. "I just don't get the appeal" you never will. I prefer rally and touge but there is something about a thousand horsepower flying through turns sideways that gets me excited. If that doesn't work for you that's OK, you don't have to be cool. Not everyone can be.
>>
>>14196306
If you honestly think Tsuchiya gives a shot about drifting professionally you need to go
>>
>>14196368
Wow how millennial
Drifters have ruined cars and the used car market

All RWD cars are now impossible to find
They show nothing but disrespect to cars, they don't give a shit about anything bit "HURR SIDEWAYS" drifting is just as bad as drag racing, modifying cars beyond repair to do something stupid in a way that if the engineers saw the car they'd beat the shit out of you and kill themselves in unison
>>
>>14196063
>Datsun 510's used to be cheap buys, the 240sx and AE86 were all cheap until Fast and Furious TD came out.
Fucking this. Right here.

Not only do they jack up the prices, they end up trashing most examples of them you can find. And for what? To fuck up the suspension, tear out the interior and burn out a stack of bald tires.

The professional stuff I don't mind, guys who know what they're doing. It's the assholes who go to a track and spend all day going around in a circle with the handbrake on - fuck em.
>>
>>14196153
And yet I can't import my beloved JDM Type R Integra because of the domestic model. ;_;
>>
>>14197711
>Drifters have ruined cars and the used car market
>All RWD cars are now impossible to find
youre an idiot.

>modifying cars beyond repair
you cant swap out coils with stupid spring rates? cant get rid of muh fully sick sway bars? cant take out muh fully hectic extended angle steering knuckles?
or are you actually stupid enough to think that drift kiddies go full forumla d with their backyard builds?
>>
>>14197765
Yeah I agree, fuck anybody who tries to improve their driving skills or have fun in a safe environment.
Fuck people who buy old cheap cars to work on and learn the basics instead of spending tens of thousands on a new car to do so.
Fuck everyone that's an enthusiast of anything if they don't make a living doing it.
>>
>>14197784
>Fuck people who buy old cheap cars to work on and learn the basics instead of spending tens of thousands on a new car to do so.
They don't do that though, they take decent cars and beat them to near death, then sell their burnt out shitboxes as "drift projects." Meanwhile prices for clean examples of these same cars shoot through the roof.
>>
>>14197784
more like fuck le supreme entoosiasts having a sook on an anonymous anime image board because theyre poorfags :^)
>>
>>14197806
>They don't do that though, they take decent cars and beat them to near death
Yeah no. They buy the ones full of rust with a torn up interior and a drivetrain ready to be replaced.

Those "drift projects" you see are hardly in any worse condition than how they got it.
>>
I like drifting itself, but I hate the culture that surrounds it.
Maybe I'm just a contrarian faggot, but dudebros going on about their "hella sik drift build brah" shit just really turns me off from it. Faggard garage is a good example of why it's shit.
>>
File: 32514612345.jpg (86KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
32514612345.jpg
86KB, 500x628px
>>
>>14197854
>Faggard garage
So they are the
>"hella sik drift build brah"
kind of gyus? My brother keeps telling me about their videos but I never cared enough to check them out myself, yet thought it could be similar shit.
>>
>>14197711
There are like a ton of rwds in my area
>>
> I think anyone can not only learn to drift but learn to drift quickly and accurately
>I have never went sideways or done a donut

You'll always fail the first try
>>
>>14197877
They are actually what the fun is all about man. Literally spending pennies on shit cars but good platforms and building whatever they can to get sideways. It's admirable because everyone here pretends to be some crazy perfectionist bench racer when these guys actually get their hands dirty.
>>
>>14196190
>first video
>one spins out (or we see one spinning out)
>one crashes his car
>the panda trueno repeatedly gets the angle so wrong that he doesn't even attempt to drift
>not one drifts through the next corner
that's amateurs having a bit of fun, not "real drifting"
>>
File: initial.jpg (213KB, 628x444px) Image search: [Google]
initial.jpg
213KB, 628x444px
>>14196153
>>
>>14197711
>I haven't heard of bolt ons

Unless you're a retard that throws out his stock parts
>>
>>14197891
>>14197782
You can't find rwd cars for cheap here
>>14197927
>implying this is all drifters / dragsters do
The cars are irreparably damaged , they don't give a shot about cars
>see: that guy that wrecked 6 ae86
>>
File: 1416453393482.jpg (259KB, 2232x2232px) Image search: [Google]
1416453393482.jpg
259KB, 2232x2232px
>>14196190
Have a playlist but there is some Honda shit, and loop running in it so don't get mad
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3Qg1qRM7rDbif1ejjL7GuMtQanjN-V9L
>>
>>14196190
>3rd Video
>1st spun out, then crashed
>2nd crashed
>3rd spun out
>5th spun out eventually, then crashed eventually, then spun out again (admittedly his other drifts were pretty good and he followed through a few times and his recovery was pretty noice if he didn't have to overdo it)
>7th in the ditch
>>
>>14197950
>give a shit about cars

They're still enthusiasts but bad ones, they wouldn't be driving if they hated cars but fuck those that do it to attract others
>>
>>14197909
If you say so, I might look at it at some time, thanks for the reply.
>It's admirable because everyone here pretends to be some crazy perfectionist bench racer
I've been today to local aeroclub airfield as it's already covered in ice.
> friends slide their FWDs
> I get in one car as a passenger
> random guy with his RWD Ford Sierra appears, seems to experience going sideways for the first time, everyone has to learn at some time
> I hear constant "bad driver" comments
Neither me nor my friend have driven RWD cars.
It's all benchracing everywhere m80.
>>
>>14197950
This

Cars aren't meant to be modified or driven hard. If you want to do those things, get a purpose built race car or build your own damn car. Street cars are meant to be cared for, fawned over, observed and enjoyed. Nothing wrong with driving five over the speed limit here and there or leaving it out in the driveway on particularly nice days now and then, but you shouldn't be tearing them up and abusing them. They are a finite resource and you are robbing others of their enjoyment when you butcher them with 'track days' or 'hella sik mawdz'.
>>
>>14197958
>trash can with a fart box

Why do I hate you people so much holy fuck off with you're fart can shitwaggons you steal the light from real niggas like me
>>
An entire scene filled with insufferable scenester assholes who destroy and molest perfectly good cars for.no reason.

can't blame them though
amateur racing like SCCA is a convulted mess to try and get into.
>>
>>14197909
Fuck off with your faggard shilling, the only reason to watch them is to see retards doing things in literally the worst way possible that you would never do yourself.

This is just poe's law at work.
>>
>>14197950
You got to do some things to make something meet your needs, sometimes to make a car reliable like swapping a shit engine with a good engine that doesn't fuck you over or reinforcing the chassis because the car wasn't engineered properly(like a Lada). I bet AutoXatruck's International scout makes you mad
>>14197998
>real niggas like me

Yes you are a real person, explain yourself further?
>>
>>14196063
It's fun as fuck especially on a dirt/gravel road in a beater you don't care about.
>>
>>14196087
If you want to talk about being wasteful, look at Australia building 2500hp cars just to do burnouts
>is it still cool, fun, and good to watch?
Yes
>>
>I hate fun
>I love fun

Quit thinking everyone has to modify their car to do something. It can do it stock as well but if it doesn't do what you want there is an exception only factor is how many of it were made or how much of a unicorn it is. Sure it's sad s13's are getting butchered but isn't a known car to be shitty that you modify making it into something glorified fun?
Corvairs we're pretty shit from factory but there are people that have put them to the spotlight.
>>
you just hate fun obviously

you sound like a benchracer too
>>
>>14197765
>I hate it when people have fun
Stay buttmad wanker
>>
>>14198105
Most likely an autistic like turtletron
>>
>>14197784
I own a new car and an old car, I never get my hand dirty on the new one but only for oil changes. The damn thing has covers to prevent you from working on it. It doesn't require any work on it to make it reliable. If you something actually break something, parts are expensive.
Quit advertising your dealerships you corporate cuck.
>>
>>14197784
>solar flare hits
>all cars with ECU's fried
>only car working is a carbureted one that needs a bit of work to start
>have know idea what to do
>>
>>14197994
You are fucking cancer.

Modifying your loved car is 1 of the greatest things you can do.

Now being an idiot doing burnouts in the streets, yea that's stupid.

But taking your car to the track is not.
>>
File: 20150116_164711 jpeg.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20150116_164711 jpeg.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>Dumb?
yes
>fun?
Also yes.

muh long wheelbase big engined snow tired drift machine
>>
>>14198208
Cars are precious and should not be monkeyed with and abused. Kill yourself so actual enthusiasts can continue to enjoy all the cars you'll doubtlessly destroy over the course of your pathetic life.

No I'm fucking with you, that's some stupid shit. OP's a bitchnigger.
>>
>>14196063
Drifting in itself is a lot of fun. It's true there are a LOT of retards who associate themselves with drifting, but is the same not true with almost any other kind of amateur automotive events?
>>
>>14198246
Go back to Jalopnik already.
You're being OP's faggot.
>>
>>14197994
>cars arent meant to be driven hard
kill yourself
>>
>I was pretending to be retarded
>>
>>14196063
0/5
>>
>>14196064
Sick hovercraft fitment bro
>>
>>14198288
you just dont get it
>>
ITT: Poorfag nocars with zero hope of ever owning a car have a cry because people who own a car treat them how they were made to be treated

Fucking autists.

>waah waah stop driving them! i want to have a go in 20 years maybe!
>>
File: RX7 TARGA TASMANIA 2.jpg (19KB, 440x300px) Image search: [Google]
RX7 TARGA TASMANIA 2.jpg
19KB, 440x300px
>>14198311
Yeah, because Im not autistic.
Go back to jerking over pictures of stock shit boxes faggot. Maybe one day you'll step into the world of real enthusiasts where cars are used what they were made for.
>>
>>14198288
Not even an actual race car driver would agree with you
>>
>>14197994
>>14198311
>not meant to be driven hard
How are you to improve your driving skills? There was that one guy that's been trying to get his stock AX Diesel around the Nurnburgring under 10 minutes which was thought to be impossible for a little 3 cylinder car and got what he wanted after practicing for 7 years. You can do anything if you try, quit putting yourself down. Like Shia Lebouf once said,"JUST DO IT".
>>
File: the_supreme_eenthusiast.png (334KB, 555x670px) Image search: [Google]
the_supreme_eenthusiast.png
334KB, 555x670px
>>14198342
Sure thing poorfag nocar
>>
>>14198332
So what, RWD is the only good thing?
>>
>>14198350
Like he ever implied that see>>14198343
https://youtu.be/mBFjHjm0O5M
>>
>>14198349
>tires need replacing
>engines risk explosion
>suspension can shoot through the car
Yeah man cars are totally meant for this
>>
>>14198271
What does jalopnik have to do with anything?

Do you even think before you hit post?
>>
>>14198361
>bus pass needs renewing
better snap to it kid!
>>
>>14198374
You sound like you belong there
>>
>>14198380
you could at least try
god damn /o/ is the new /v/ none of you know what you're talking about so you just shitpost
>>
>>14198380
>I have never done a skid with stock springs
>>
>>14198342
There are all sorts of amateur racers who take street cars and modify them to be racecars.
>>
>>14196063

are any of the cars desired for drifting actually desired by anyone else? actual question, not trolling...

would anyone want an s-chassis or ae86 for anything other than drifting?
>>
>>14198395
And a handful of them are now professional drivers like Max Orido or Nob Taniguchi to rally drivers like Tommi Makinen. All started in ameteur racing series with modified cars. Now one automatically gets into racing with actual racecars except F1 drivers.
>>
>>14198438
>Now
*No
>>
>>14197909
>Literally spending pennies on shit cars
>Literally
you meant that figuratively, not literally. it's obvious why you like faggard garage.
>>
From a physics standpoint, drifting is always slower except under extremely low traction conditions, like driving on snow and dirt. Theoretically, pushing the car just barely beyond the grip limits of the tires allows you to go through a corner faster, but with very high speed and/or high grip conditions, even the best drivers would likely fuck themselves pretty quickly if attempting to drift.
>>
>>14198416
>would anyone want an s-chassis or ae86 for anything other than drifting?
some people on /o/ have legit autism and think a bone stock ka24e 240sx is the epitome of car design and should never ever under any circumstance be altered in any way
>>
>>14198468
>car design

More like marketing since Japan likes to sell toned down models to non-Japanese markets
At least S12's came with CA18's
>>
>>14198468

yeah 240s seem like shit on paper. Not fast, not that lightweight, they dont seem to have very good handling... I've never driven one. Is it one of those cars that should be shitty, but is somehow magically fun to drive? Or is it all just looks?
>>
>>14198515
It's literally all drive train
That's why RWD is always better
>>
>>14198520
Not with an open diff though. And no I'm not encouraging you fags to hack your diff by welding it.
>>
Drifting is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0nDXorSlSY
>>
>>14198468
i personally have two stock s12's one 86 and one 87.
I do not race, i do not rally, i do not drift.
They are just comfortable sporty looking basic transportation that get 30MPG +, are cheap to buy and cheap to keep running.

I want them because I like them for what they were, nice comfortable luxury subcompacts that filled the niche between boring commuter car, and sporty GT.
>>
>>14197711
Sorry bruh I'm gen X. The X is for Xtrem skidz
>>
>"Having fun isn't a good enough reason to like cars. You have to be a true patrician."

Seriously re-evaluate your interests, OP.
>>
>>14196117

>tfw I like Man U

fuck you, el grande coconut man
>>
>>14196122
He never said they were the same thing, just that group B got him into drifting
>>
>>14196140
>being cucked by your car
>>
File: how_i_slide_into_yo_girls_dms.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
how_i_slide_into_yo_girls_dms.gif
2MB, 320x240px
Looks like fun to me.
>>
so then go full bubba drift and get you some fox bodies, turd gen camaros, g bodies, and panther bodies
>>
>>14196350
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

THE CAR IS ON FIRE THE CAR IS ON FIRE!!!
>>
>>14196350
>it's just a fucking camry
>>
>>14196190
How the fuck can I learn to drift like in video 6? Does he use the handbrake?
>>
>>14201120
Clutch kick
>>
File: 1389281505935.gif (2MB, 292x121px) Image search: [Google]
1389281505935.gif
2MB, 292x121px
>>14201162
>Clutch kick
This is what niggers do
>>
>>14201162
What does that even mean? Does he quickly depress and then drop the clutch as he's going into the corner to break traction?
>>
>>14196063
its fucking great

i just bought a 300zx and going to use it for drifting
>>
>>14196153
You're population is smaller than southern californias for your entire country....OF COURSE they're gonna let you guys drive whatever you want.
>>
>>14197689
THANK YOU!! I actuall watch a lot of Tsuchiya/Dori Dori's vides on youtube via Miroshi's channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgpBGxA-hW8
>>
>>14197711
I agree with this logic. Anything RWD and light has become gold. The 240sx grew in price to a ridiculous level. But now 510's and the like have followed suit. The Trueno has always been a known car so I won't toss in the that car in particular but now all AE86's are overpriced SOLELY for drifting.

Not only that no one talks about the fact that half these guys realize how much it costs to go fast to drift and try to sell off completely stripped interior cars as "I did the work for you" instead of "I ruined the car and don't wanna be bothered with it anymore". Pretty damn annoying.

What's worse is that they don't learn anything from it. All can be forgiven in my eyes if it's meant to educate yourself but then there are junkyards that are willing to do that for the low price of 2 bucks a day.
>>
>>14198318
>>14198342
>>14198343
>>14198350
>>14198361
>>14198374
Cars are meant to be modified. There's a balance that every person who does so should shoot for when modifying their cars. Driving a car hard doesn't destroy it and leaving a car stock doesn't mean you don't understand what it means to enjoy your car.

You grow with your car! Basically until you reach a point where you can handle the car past it's own limits is the point in which you should begin modifying it. Anything else that's beyond aesthetics and tastes is a waste of money.

In my own opinion 90% of BMW owners are wasting their money because almost NONE of them use their cars in the atmospheres they were meant to be used. 50/50 weight distribution has become a selling point for people who never go over the speed limit and THAT...my friends...IS A TRAVESTY!
>>
>>14201211
yaaayyyy -_-
>>
File: 1444865184504.jpg (345KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1444865184504.jpg
345KB, 800x533px
>>14197950
>>14201512

M8 a cheap, rwd, light, car exists in the form of a FB RX7.

If you don't like the rotary, slap a inline 4 turbo in there. and stop crying m8s.
>>
>>14201193
yes
>>
>>14196201
>tfw you will never sit in the front seat of takumi's AE86 as he completes the Akina downhill without spilling a drop of water.
>>
>>14196087

>wouldn't you have MORE fun playing tennis as opposed to volleyball

that's literally your argument you stupid cunt
>>
>>14199573
batty boy pls go
>>
>>14203009
Evidently the reasons why drifting is stupid evaded you.
>>
>>14203006
No but by the way your going on yoir going to spill a heap of fluids yourself you gayhole
>>
>>14196063
Its the figure skating of motorsport.
>>
>>14204833

>i don't like it therefore it's stupid

yep, you're a retard
>>
>>14196063

American drifting and most professional drifting is literally sideways drag racing. It's all about power and how fast you can go sideways around the corner.

Where it's really 'good' is basically rally style on mountains and curvy roads
>>
File: Serika.jpg (93KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Serika.jpg
93KB, 960x720px
>>14196190
Excellent post, m9-1.
>>
>>14201512
>The 240sx grew in price to a ridiculous level
S13s are still cheap as fuck.

>510s
classic car, i rarely ever see these used for drifting. they a bought by kids who want "muh fully sick granny spec car bro so clean"

>AE86's are overpriced SOLELY for drifting
again, not so much drifting but more muh "fully sick clean initial d car bro"

>Anything RWD and light has become gold
Nope. Light RWD cars for under 3k all day long. But keep blaming the rising prices of cars that have always been in high demand on one tiny little niche. People like you I have no idea how you manage to function in the real world
>>
>>14197975
>>14197910
You guys would fit in well with /v/
>>
>>14196063
I find getting a rwd car sideways, that is all.
>>
Drifting is fun, but it kills your car. Anyone who drifts with new cars is a complete retard.
>>
>>14206555
Trips confirm.
>>
>>14206653
>4-6k for an S13
>cheap as fuck
Pick one
>>
>>14196063
to build a car right takes skill and know how. i have seen very few done right but im not into drifting. most i see just slam the car and say its a drift missile. if done right it is impressive.
but drifting is like drag racing some people love it others think its dumb. and i appreciate the well built examples.
Thread posts: 144
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.