[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

starting without a key

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: ignition.jpg (152KB, 3000x2141px) Image search: [Google]
ignition.jpg
152KB, 3000x2141px
Hey /o/

I noticed something strange today in my truck. I was able to pull the key out while it was started. After this I turned it off and noticed I was able to turn it back on without a key in the ignition.

I'm right to assume I need a new ignition cylinder right? has anyone had this problem before? The vehicle in question is a 92 Chevy k1500 blazer
>>
Yeah probably. Here
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy-GMC-Isuzu-Olds-Ignition-Key-Switch-Lock-Cylinder-703935-With-2-GM-Keys-/140506707477?hash=item20b6da3615:g:3nYAAOSw14xWQT1S&vxp=mtr
>>
Lots of cars can do this...

not worth fixing it doesn't matter.
>>
>>14195966
If someone broke the window they could just drive off. Idk if its worth the risk of not fixing it

>>14195965
thanks I'm gonna look into getting one tomorrow. Is it an easy install for a novice?
>>
>>14195978
First off, no one wants to steal a 92 Chevy k1500 blazer. Secondly no one is going to break your window on the off chance that your ignition switch is broken. If the door locks still work then use them.
>>
Like your mom, starters get loose and sloppy from all the in and out action. Can get a new starter and a fresh set of keys.
>>
Just remember that if you get a new ignition you will need a new key. This also means that the new key will not be able to lock/unlock the doors and the bed if that also locks. So either buy a new ignition cylinder and locks the entire way around or just stick it through
>>
File: top shelf lel.png (147KB, 340x314px) Image search: [Google]
top shelf lel.png
147KB, 340x314px
>>14196314
>Like your mom, starters get loose and sloppy from all the in and out action.
>>
>>14196683
Back in 92 they had different keys for ignition and the doors.
>>
>>14196683
>>14196729
yeah its a different key. pretty typical for GM
>>
My '90 c1500 does the same thing, makes warming it up in the morning pretty nice.

When you pull the key out and turn it completely off, just like you normally would, does the lock cylinder actually lock or no? Mine stays locked just fine when I don't want my truck stolen.
>>
>>14196314
savage
>>
>>14195958
My Suburban also does this.
>>
Lol must b a Chevy thing. My pos 84 Monte does this as well.
>>
>>14196030
My exact thoughts.
>>
>>14198586
had a 04 vue. I would do the same thing
>>
>>14196030
You're pretty retarded if you think a blazer isn't worth stealing. They're a redneck wet dream.
>>
>>14198955
>rednecks aren't niggers or spics
They might steal the cigarettes out of them, but they won't steal the car
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.