[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the most reliable, fun to drive coupe made after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: miata viper.jpg (152KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
miata viper.jpg
152KB, 1024x768px
what's the most reliable, fun to drive coupe made after 1990 with an easy to learn and use stick shift i can find a GOOD example of for $2000?

miatas are basically beat to shit for anything less than 4k, in the northeast, in winter.

hell I'd even take a hit on reliability if it met the other three criteria
>>
saturn sc1 or sc2 maybe?
>>
>>14194994
>fun to drive coupe made after 1990 with an easy to learn and use stick shift i can find a GOOD example of for $2000?

keep saving up bro
>>
>any of that
>2000
Pick one
>>
welcome to the post cash for clunkers hellscape. Yesteryear's $500 car is today's $2000 car
>>
>>14194994
>2000 dollars
>good car
Pick one.
>>
You can get a decent set of wheels/tires, a seat, and a steering wheel for 2k and sit in the seat holding the wheel with the wheels around you in a square and make vroom noises
>>
>>14194994
Maybe am E36 if your set on rwd. People will give you shit but if you just want a fun manual coupe a Civic coupe or Prelude are good. Can be had for 2k if you look hard enough.

I would keep an eye out for a Miata, I bet you could find a good one for around 2k if you look a lot and be patient. 300ZX, 240SX and maybe even MR2 as well. Not easy to find for around 2k but I have seen them pop up
>>
>>14195008
those are -sorta- fun to drive and the transmission is -sorta- easy to use
>>
just buy a Civic
>>
>>14195038
e36 could work here but finding one not abused for 2k isn't really possible, but getting one with cooling system issues then dropping $600 and a weekend on a full cooling system refresh could do you well for years
>>
>nissan 200SX
>mazda MX3
>miats
>prelude
>civic
>accord
>celica
>ford probe
>mazda MX6
>chevy cavalier
>pontiac grand am
>>
>>14195049
now that i think about it, an e36 318i or 318ti could work here.
They're both slow as balls but it's still an e36, and slow as balls means they probably weren't beat on
>>
Non-2.5RS Impreza coupe?
>>
File: camaro1991WA9238.jpg (70KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
camaro1991WA9238.jpg
70KB, 800x450px
91-92 turd gen Camaro RS, there's still some with a 305 veeate and a 5 speed
>>
>>14195082
>2000$
good luck with that mayn.
>>
>>14194994
Ford Capri.

Bonus points if you can find a turbo one.

>basically a Mazda 323 with the roof cut off
>>
>>14195092
>>14195092
Not him but I have never seen a 90s Camaro with a manual 5 speed for 2k in better condition than a 2k Miata. In fact, the only manual Turd gens I have seen in good condition were much more than 2k
>>
You could just keep cruising craigslist for Miatas, I'm in new england and I found one for $2500 with 120k miles in great condition, though I saw it literally the day it was posted and had I not snapped it up I'm sure it would've gone to someone else just as quickly.
>>
>>14194994
Fuck I actually had to do a double take at that
>>
>>14195068
yep an e36 318i with a welded diff can be plenty of fun even with its 115hp 4banger
>>
>>14195176
>115
fuck me i keep forgetting how gutless that engine is
>>
>>14195031
>>14195032
>>14195023
These people are retards who have never shopped in the poor price range.
You can get a ton of cool stuff for that much
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.