[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice Please

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Suburban Life.jpg (146KB, 1924x1247px) Image search: [Google]
Suburban Life.jpg
146KB, 1924x1247px
I'm looking at buying a 2006 Toyota Sienna with roughly 155k miles for $6500. It has the basic CE package and is in solid shape inside and out with a well documented maintenance record.

I'm certainly inexperienced buying cars but to me in runs great and I couldn't find anything wrong with it following the sticky's test drive advice.

Thoughts?

The mileage worries me a bit - I'm also considering a Grand Caravan a bit younger with fewer miles, but maybe that's poor reasoning.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
>>
>>14193743
>Dodge vs Toyota
Also that's a high price for the trim level and miles. I would keep looking. You should be able to find an LE with 120k for that price or better.
>>
File: post-34874-1276419583.jpg (30KB, 479x638px) Image search: [Google]
post-34874-1276419583.jpg
30KB, 479x638px
>>14193743
>155k miles
>>
>>14193762
Thanks! I would definitely be looking at considerably newer/lower mileage Dodge at that price point. It's just a tough call to say how much can offset the difference between the makes.

I kind of felt like the price was high, but I'm also not in a huge market with a lot of Siennas around that age.
>>
>>14193762
>implying the dodge caravan it's twin the town and country aren't the best selling minivans since ever

If there's one thing Chrysler did right, it was the Minivan. Hell, VW paid Chrysler to rebadge the T&C as the Routan instead of engineering their own minivan for the U.S. Market.
>>
>>14194098
>dodge reliability
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/dodge_caravan.html
>>
>>14194098
Well damn. Thanks for the advice. I've tested a couple of Caravans and they seemed to be falling apart compared to the Toyotas.

May need to try a couple more out.
>>
File: 1450376369483.jpg (405KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1450376369483.jpg
405KB, 1024x768px
>>14193743
>10 Year old van
>$6500
>mfw
>>
>>14194128
>literal anecdotal evidence
>only complaints of 2010s and newer
>op is looking at an '06

I'm failing to see the Problem here.

>>14194156
A lot are just driven into the ground while being poorly maintained. The 3.3L is a workhorse though and will soldier on though, there are tons of '07 and earlier T&Cs with over 200k.
>>
>>14194163
Truly, an amazing piece of art.
>>
Coming from an family whose Mother has owned a 2006 Sienna, I never had anything wrong with ours, the only thing I remember us taking it to the dealership for is for tires, brakes and suspension, oil, and changing out the struts.

We got rid of it when it hit 122,000+ miles because my dad felt it "was tired." We now have a 2014 Sienna and we have not had any problems with it.
My dad also wanted to get a certain trim of the 2010 Sienna because it was not de-tuned, which made it BMW fast according to him.

I'd say go for it.
>>
>>14194197
OP here again.

So your advice would be (with the 6-7 grand I have to spend on the van) to go for a newer/lower mileage caravan than for a similarly priced Toyota? Maybe I'v just been drinking the Toyota kool-aid?
>>
>>14194235
Ha. Thanks for the post man.
>>
>>14194250
Whatever you do don't go past '07 on the T&C, the '08+ is worse. Thinner brake discs that require replacement more often, fucked alignment that eats up tires and a/c/heat problems.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.