[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only person who wouldn't buy a supercar even if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_20150825_172506_336.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150825_172506_336.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Am I the only person who wouldn't buy a supercar even if they could? Supercars just don't interest me in the least. Not only are they generic dream cars, there's nothing special when a new Lamborghini blows away a V6 mustang at the traffic light. I'd rather beat the mustang in a frumpy looking sleeper that I built myself. I respect supercars for what they are and appreciate their advanced engineering, but soup up any RWD car, truck, or van right and it will knock the pants off 99% of vehicles on the road and hold its own against many sports cars for a fraction of the price. Who is really going to do more than that?
Anyone else agree that tuned regular cars are cooler than supercars?
>>
I would drive them, but I wouldn't want to own one. They've been reduced to nothing but flashy status symbols

Except for maybe cars like the 911 and NSX
>>
I feel that way now but I'm self-aware enough to know that if I ever did hit some major payday I'd take an interest in supercars post-haste. I don't think I'd abandon my interest in mid-tier cars or worked up shitboxes but I'd definitely find an interest in supercars too.

As is, I really don't care that much about them other than seeing what new technology they introduce because they are so far beyond my reach that it just doesn't matter. It's why I can never get on board with benchracing $100K+ cars. It really doesn't matter to me in the least if one is a second or two faster than the other on a given track because I'll never own either of them and even if I did I'd never be able to hit those laptimes anyways.
>>
File: Lancia_Thema_8.32.jpg (180KB, 1024x585px) Image search: [Google]
Lancia_Thema_8.32.jpg
180KB, 1024x585px
>>14191731
"regular" cars, no. I've no particular interest in generic commuters from any era, really.

But yeah, there's a huge variety of amusing classics, more accessible performance vehicles and generally interesting, quirky shit out there I'd much rather have than, say, a 488gtb or whatever.
>>
File: 01_MG_2690-1400x1400.jpg (209KB, 1400x933px) Image search: [Google]
01_MG_2690-1400x1400.jpg
209KB, 1400x933px
Let's just say a supercar wouldn't be the first car in my collection. Or even the fourth. They have their place, but there are far more interesting cars to start collections with than supercars.
>>
>>14191779
Fun fact: the Aventador is usually the owner's 5th to 7th car
>>
>>14191762
>They've been reduced to nothing but flashy status symbols
This is what I was trying to say, thank you.
>>14191766
Maybe you would take an interest in them, but I wouldn't. I might buy one out of peer pressure if I became wealthy but I wouldn't love it like I love other cars. They are what normie rich people drive.
>>14191770
I agree that oddity vehicles are cool
>>
>>14191787
Lamborghinis are massively overrated to begin with in my eyes. The Miura was a milestone, but not a revolution, the early grand tourers were neat I guess but not worth the space in a limited collection, and after Ferruccio left the brand simply went full retard.
>>
>>14191817
The Countach was a good kind of retarded though, when Audi bought them they went off to cater to niggers and Arabs
>>
>>14191804
Well that's one of the cool things about cars as a hobby, there's something for everyone. I don't know if a supercar would be my first purchase but there's a few that I would want pretty quickly.

I'd sure as hell find my way on to a list for the new Ford GT, for example. If you count a first gen Viper as a super car then there you go, maybe a supercar would be my first purchase because sure as hell I'd be getting a first gen Viper.

If we're talking filthy fucking rich I'd get a a GT-40 and a mid-2000's GT as well. Also a Lightning, Terminator and Marauder because Ford from that time period just really gets me up. Those aren't supercars though, of course.
>>
>>14191731

You're not the only one, OP. I could buy a supercar and I haven't.

They're fashion statements.
>>
>>14191825
The Countach was a life sized Hotwheels toy, and as such fails to impress me as a serious effort in engineering. I don't care whether people build gaudy custom cars in their garages, but to do it from the factory is just silly.
>>
>>14191857
It was also the fastest production car in the world at the time
>>
Neither interests me that much but I'd probably buy a GTR and a Z06 and just park them next to each other to post pictures of when shitposting in benchracer threads.
>>
>>14191872

Those aren't supercars.
>>
File: 1431050926104.jpg (1MB, 2532x1256px) Image search: [Google]
1431050926104.jpg
1MB, 2532x1256px
Living somewhere the roads wouldn't allow such cars to run around freely I am totally with you... to me, an uneducated europoor, they seem more like tools than cars. I'm sure it would be great fun to drive one if you like to go fast and you're also located somewhere with good, long roads. I also tend to have a want for a certain level of utility, and a super expensive, low-riding two seater with very limited bootspace isn't really my thing

I find them interesting as engineering objects, but I wouldn't really be interested in owning one
>>
I like underdogs and esoteric shit the best. I would want a variety of cars rather than one extremely expensive one. I do want to drive a supercar but feel it'd be like enabling cheats in a game. Fun as fuck for a time but ultimately you'd get over it. If I wanted a fast car, I'd look at the Ariel Atom.
>>
>>14192051
This
>>
I'd love a classic supercar like a Miura, Testarossa or F40 but I'd rather have some crazy 800hp restomodded 60s/70s muscle car than any modern supercar.
>>
>>14191770
Can you tip your fedora any harder
>>
>>14192051
>enabling cheats
I like this analogy. I'd rather a 350R or GTR or some resto-mod classic or something; a car that needs a good (or at least decent) driver and some balls in order to set fast times.

I'd want something that can go fast but can't do it easily (or, in the case of most new supercars, essentially by itself).
>>
File: 1365669183119.jpg (67KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1365669183119.jpg
67KB, 720x960px
I am a *true* enthusiast.
Fuck driving aids
Fuck automatics and DCTs
When you have the driving skills that I do those things just get in your way. My careful analysis of Top Gear and Jalopnik articles is enough to know that I wouldn't enjoy a supercar, plus the only people that post them on instagram are attention whores, so I want no part of the community. Give me a 800hp 66 Mustang any day (which I am planning to build soon, already saved up $300).
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT4EgDfwAwc

I like it when someone looks at something like a VW truck and thinks, "I bet I could turn that into a sleeper". I also thought the guy who put two motors in a dodge rampage was ridiculous, and ultimately brilliant.
>>
I would buy one if I had alot of money and time, but would still favor my first Car over it, datsun 510
>>
>>14195073
For once you're not trolling
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.