[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just import from canada?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: hirucks.jpg (73KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
hirucks.jpg
73KB, 640x480px
Why import from Japan when you can just buy in Canada pay the 2.5% duty at customs and drive home?
>>
Because they no wut they got eh?
>>
Because Canada be drivin in salt.

And Canada be drivin in ice

Which means salt and ice Rahway

Now Rudy get your education

Get it on that rust

When rust come it don't go

And oceans salt and water and ice and salt mix. And melt. And stay. And rust.

And the pizza is in kilometres a hour there. Not mile per hour

Op is a idiot
>>
>>14185931
Because Canadians get the same cars you do...

There's nothing special to bring over the borded unless you're a big fan of rust. Can you import from Japan to Canada (15yrs rule), then bring it to USA without the 25yr rule applying?
>>
File: 1363730517217.png (212KB, 922x882px) Image search: [Google]
1363730517217.png
212KB, 922x882px
Rust, trust me
>>14186184
25 rule still applies unless you import through Florida and go through the registration loophole
>>
>>14186208
So then what the fuck was the point of this thread? Literally every vehicle that comes across the ocean comes here for "North American Markets", not "Canada" and not "USA". There may be a few exceptions, I don't claim to know every car ever imported, but it's certainly not common.

Actually, even most "import" cars sold here are manufactured in either Canada, USA or Beanerland. We have the same safety/emissions requirements as you guys.. which is the only factor for selling or not selling a car. We're the same people as far as car manufacturers are concerned.
>>
File: dytrNuX.jpg (255KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
dytrNuX.jpg
255KB, 960x720px
>>14185931
>>
Can you buy something like a private sale r32/33/34 in canadaland and bring it to america and register it legally?
>>
>>14186260
Have to ship it around the sea to Florida and registered legally
>>
>>14186260
and no shit you can get a r32 but non freshly imported r32's are beat to shit
>>
>>14186275
>shipping from Canada, then across a bunch of salty water
>thinking there's a car left when the boat arrives

See >>14186243.
>>
>>14186284
How do you think most cars are imported overseas? Air?
There are mint S15s roaming the streets here
>>
>>14186297
Then they didn't come from Canada...

Also importing from Canada would likely be done over land. Never checked but I would assume a transport truck would be cheaper to ship on for this relatively short distance, especially considering nothing of value lies at our coasts.
>>
File: 1413750750824.png (402KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1413750750824.png
402KB, 500x500px
>>14186309
I was saying if it's less that 25 years old and imported to Mericuckland. By land would, it be crushed if found out by the government and no I'm not sorry.
>>
>>14186275
I'm sure you could drive it from Canada to Florida on its Canadian registration and plates.
>>
>>14186337
Wait, so it can't even cross into another state before it reaches Florida? What type of weird ass loophole is this?

I figured the same as >>14186347..
>>
>>14186347
If the guy selling it agrees to taking his time driving all the way, expect paying for his gas
>>
>>14186351
Actually sounds like a fun adventure.

> Be a weeb
> See all of N America for love of a Skyline
>>
>>14186354
> implying he would need to ride all the way on the cargo ship
I'm not 100% sure how it works in Canada but I presume he would transfer the title to you there then you would leave it unregistered until you got to Florida

I'm currently in a similar situation with my foxbody Capri I bought in W Virginia and drove back to Ohio
>>
>>14186380
In Canada, you can transport pretty much anything you want to anywhere in Canada you want. If it's unregistered/uninsured, then you can't drive it, but you can move it around.

I don't know what happens if you try to insure a car you can't register (I know if I paid 30k for a car, I'd want it insured during transportation). Pretty sure you can import and insure whatever you want, it's the registration that won't go through.
>>
>>14186380
Are you an idort that's without all the cargoship bullshit. I was implying he cross the border telling the border security he's going to the states for a "vacation", you meet with the cunt in Florida along with his under 25 year old shitbox
>>
>>14186407
In Florida, fags are registering Toyota Chasers as Acura Legends and the DMV just approves it. Florida is pretty laid back
>>
>>14185931
Canada's prices are gay. It's also a bitch to import anything from there that you couldn't buy stateside anyway.
>>
>>14186634
>pay $15k for S15 in Canada
>pay $25k for S15 in US of A

Heh, get fucked
>>
>>14186595
I guess I'm an idort. I can't see why you driving it there yourself would be any different than shipping it there

>>14186407
Although if it is in fact impossible to leave a Canadian title "open" like an American title that would do it.
>>
File: 14308081101.jpg (78KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
14308081101.jpg
78KB, 800x600px
>>14185931
Sure come on up. Plenty to choose from.
>>
What about the opposite. I want a Chevy SS in BC
>>
>>14186699
I don't know.. I'm having a hard time finding the information on this. Would have to ask a transport office by the looks of it.

>As the new owner, by law you must register your used vehicle within six days of the sale. (http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/vehicle/used.shtml)

I can't see how this is remotely true.. it would imply you can't buy a car in Ontario and register it in Quebec? Or if they accept inter-provincial transfers but not to different countries? But there it is on the official website. So I don't fucking know anymore. They also say:

>The vehicle will remain registered in the seller’s name until the vehicle transfer has been completed at ServiceOntario. Caution, if the vehicle transfer has not been completed, you may be pursued legally as the vehicle owner in the event of an infraction involving the vehicle.

So.. you can register it in Ontario right after the sale.. maybe you can re-register when you get it to USA? And if that's the case, then you probably can just drive it down yourself.
>>
File: 1418958924158.png (452KB, 637x633px) Image search: [Google]
1418958924158.png
452KB, 637x633px
>>14186711
Same here friend, only option is a GTO or a G8.
I just want an Ozfag muscle car that's kinda new
>>
>>14187083

If your importing it from another country you have to do the paperwork at the border for it to be allowed in the states.

IIRC you have to take that paperwork, along with everything proving you bought the vehicle, to the DMV and have them process it and issue a title for that state. Probably different everywhere though.
>>
>>14187699
Maybe you're still "test driving" at that point and haven't decided to import it until you see how it does in Florida
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.