[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I was a Senior in High School ('78) and actually we

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_6777.jpg (311KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6777.jpg
311KB, 1024x1024px
>I was a Senior in High School ('78) and actually went to the Library and read every article I could on the upcoming Indy 500 Race to be Paced by the 1978 Corvette...it was the Silver leather interior that struck me as amazing. Just a few months later (July 26th 1978) I started selling Corvettes and the rest is history (over 3,500 Sold so far). I have owned 15 Corvettes over the years including ... In no particular order '59, '61, 3 '88s, 2 '92's, '93, '99, 2 '05's, 2 '06's , '14 Z51 and now a '15 Z06 Cpe. Our kids have been pictured in front of many of my 44 Musclecars and 15 Corvettes that I have owned over the years but it still doesn't beat my wife's involvement with Corvette's. Included below are pics of her parents in their 1957 Corvette on Daytona Beach when my Mother in Law was pregnant in 1960 with my wife. Enjoy some of the pictures from years ago and feel free to share pics and stories of what got you started Driving America's #1 Sports Car. 38 yrs of selling Corvettes and the ride has been great, hope you enjoyed what I shared from the past many decades of my Corvette involvement.
http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3711902-what-got-you-started-on-the-corvette-addiction-then-and-now-pictures-for-me.html

This guy is living the dream tbqh
>>
>boomers
>living the dream
No fucking shit
>>
Another post from the thread
>>
File: 1447882913012.jpg (113KB, 382x500px) Image search: [Google]
1447882913012.jpg
113KB, 382x500px
>>14184999
trips don't lie.
>>
>>14185012
Anon, why don't you have a framed pic of you and the first car you loved?
>>
Wish someday I could be an old man driving a nice car

Someday
>>
>>14185012
>60 years of automotive happiness
damn nigga, living the dream. I hope I could do that one day.
>>
>>14185221
Might have to take one tb h
>>
>be boomer
>have owned 15 Corvettes
>life on easy mode.jpeg

Tfw will never be able to afford a new Vette becuase poorfag millennium
>>
>>14185523
we're about results, not excuses. you had the ability and the potential.
>>
>>14185221
My friend does have a framed picture of his first car.
>>
>>14185530
>ability and potential
to go into debt chasing a worthless degree, boomers had it easier brah

Then
>graduate highschool
>obtain career right off the bat
>no college debt equals ability to take on more expenses
>buy new car and finance house
>houses cost a lot less back then even if you factor in inflation
>get married young becuase again no schooling throughout early 20s and have stable job
>throughout career promote multiple times until retirement
>cash out good Union pension and grab social security when eligible
>buy another Vette and enjoy retirement years bragging about it at car shows

Now
>graduate highschool
>go to college
>student loans.jpegs
>4-6 years later
>graduate college with debt(sometimes $150k+)
>obtain entry level position becuase no experience
>want house and new car but can't becuase already have bills
>might get married but still broke as fuck becuase spouse has loans to pay back as well
>continue career with promotions and such
>eventually pay off loans and are able to finance an overpriced small ass house(only thing you can afford becuase muh investment goys keep inflating prices)
>top out at same pay grade as the no degree required boomer sperglord that came before you
>want to retire, oh wait you can't becuase the good goys abolished the pension programs years ago becuase boomers were costing them a ton
>maybe social security, oh wait the gubment put the age back until 90 becuase fund is severely depleted and people are living longer
>work until you are no longer able to perform job duties and die poor as fuck in a shit retirement home

Yeah I would say us millenniums have it pretty gud
>>
>>14185922
You could've just studied the ACT/SAT and gotten free rides anywhere. I spent four years tutoring close to 100 people and would regularly see score increases from the average 19/20 to low 30s. One kid went from a 22 to a 36 after taking it four times (about $80), which is a point higher than I even got taking it twice.

But you could just write walls of self-pity on an internet message board instead, I guess.
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 546x340px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 546x340px
>>14185530
>>14185922
Fukken rekt m8
>>
>>14184993
>watched as my 67 442 W-30 went across the blocks at Barrett Jackson
Nigga I would be fucking bawling my eyes out
Actually fuck that I would never sell it. The fuck is this guy thinking
>>
>>14185961
Would a 36 get me a free ride even if I come from an upper middle class home?
>>
>>14185922
>needing university.

Lol millenials and their softsoap
>drop out oh h/s
>take apprenticeship
>buy first house at 23 while making $23 an hour as a sparky
>>
>>14185922
>skirt the system at every step
>no student loans
>worked since i was 14
>i will do whatever it takes to get my dream garage and house
>already partially there
>waiting for the old money to die off so i can live in peace
>>
>>14185530
And minimum wage was an equivalent of $20 an hour now what it was back then.
>>
>>14186874
35 got me one to Rice and I'm an upper class white male. Even included dorm, meals, and some random stipend.
>>
>>14186914
This.

I have no post secondary and already have 30k as a downpayment saved for a house.
>>
>>14185922
You can quit crying and go about it how im doing it
>join Union
>learn trade
>specialize in trade
>go to school part time and pay for school yourself
>get degree in construction management or civil engineering
>get hired by company you were previously working for doing grunt work
>move up ranks
>earn good money
One step at a time and ill be there.
Now i can see why you guys get bitched at so much by boomers
>>
>>14187907
>Now i can see why you guys get bitched at so much by boomers
because they dont want to put any work in like you put across. they just want to finish their 4 years of school, get thrown into a job and work their for the rest of their lives, being given promotions just for existing.

>bbbut thats how it was for boomers!
t'bh they just ignorant as fuck and have zero idea how the world works. i thought university students were meant to be smart?
>>
>>14185922
Hey it could be worse. You could be me, finish 4 years of college with 100k+ debt and wind up in a wageslave job.
>>
>>14185221
kek its weathering away in my driveway right now
>>
>can't afford college
>worked as heavy machinery mechanic all through highschool during summers
>out of school get into construction
>work way to foreman in 3 years
>20 years old, foreman, super easy work, $17/hr
>spend all of $17/h on tools
>start setting up business

Spent over $30k on tools in last two years. Starting to see solid results. Getting lots of loyal business.

If you can't make money you're making fucking excuses. Hell, 4chan in itself is a coping/procrastination tool to distract yourself from the fact that you aren't doing anything to better yourself. Same with videogames/internet in general.
>>
>>14185012
> Fresh out of college
> Not burdened with crippling debt
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.