[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why fucking bother

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

File: hahasadness.jpg (45KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
hahasadness.jpg
45KB, 540x540px
>the backmarkers at FIA races make more money than you ever will in your life
>they will be better drivers than you ever will be
>extremely rich businesspeople can buy seats in races and crash into the backs of prototypes while you diddle around in your 30 year old rear engine shitbox daydreaming
>all the eurotrash douchebags who race at the top levels of racing fuck more girls than you can fap to in a week
>the one race you will ever get to see is some local shit race where the purse is how much you spend on gas in a month
>the people who wipe down the windshields of closed-cockpit cars see more racing action in a month than you do in 25 years of life
>people who aren't even old enough to drive are already training to enter F1 and other race series

fuck everything

EVERYTHING
>>
File: 1444544269453.jpg (33KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1444544269453.jpg
33KB, 300x300px
>you started in an automatic and didn't learn stick until you were 21
>everyone who was smart enough to enjoy driving from the start has a 5 year lead on you

Tell me /o/, how long does it take for me to become fast?
>>
Go get a law or engineering degree or something and make some bank instead of feeling bad for yourself
>>
>backmarkers and money
They probably have more money than the front runners. The backmarkers are pay drivers. It's the midpack who's making shit for money. Sponsored driver, but not big time enough to reel in the money.

>seeing races
Maybe you should make an effort to travel, you sad shit sack. America has loads of top level racing to watch in many disciplines. Laguna Seca, Sebring, 24h Daytona, Le Mans, Spa, and more are all easily accessible tracks.

>>14183008
8 hours of sleep and a shower.
>>
>>14183008
play some racing sims
>>
>>14183021
This. While others complain WAH IT'S NOT FAIR I'm making pretty gud bank so one day I can buy my way in. And in the meantime I'll settle for >>14183035.

I've wondered how one becomes the guy who wipes the windshield of an LMP1 though.

>>14183023
Risto pls
>>
File: 1451615727626.jpg (35KB, 570x380px) Image search: [Google]
1451615727626.jpg
35KB, 570x380px
>>14182974
set your standards low and you will never be dissapointed
>>
Why bother with what?
>>
>I've wondered how one becomes the guy who wipes the windshield of an LMP1 though.

experience in smaller racing teams. The guy who wipes the windshield during the pit-stop probably does a bunch of maintenance work on the cars when theyre not racing or something
>>
>>14183111
You can also have been a participant in MTVs Real World. Seriously. That guy was a crew chief for the Racer's Group. I think he might still be. I fucking guffawed when I saw him on camera at LeMans.
>>
>>14183066
>I've wondered how one becomes the guy who wipes the windshield of an LMP1 though.

By becoming a race mechanic like everyone else you see working around the car both before and during the race.
>>
>>14182974
I'll play with the hand I'm dealt and make something of it. Not whine about it on a Taiwanese underwater basket weaving website.
>>
That's why i have racecars.
>>
File: unnamed3.jpg (512KB, 1610x946px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed3.jpg
512KB, 1610x946px
>>14182974
What's stopping you from buying your own racecar? For less than the cost of a base model Chevy Sonic you could have your own club formula ford, formula vee, spec miata, spec racer ford, alphabet soup group SCCA/NASA sports car, vintage british whirlybob humpersnatcher, super kart, street stock, midget, legends car, 600cc race bike, or whatever the fuck suits your fancy. Stop whinging about how you'll never be a pro and just go racing.
>>
>>14182974
might as well kill yourself
>>
>>14183021
>>14183066

>regards, lawyers working for established law firms

>>14183119
and then his team wasn't classified because his car blew ass
>>
File: image.jpg (179KB, 1024x630px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
179KB, 1024x630px
>>14184974
This.

The way you find out if you can drive is by actually driving.

I didn't realize how fast I really was until I started passing 911 Turbos, Gallardos, Aston Martins, and Z06s in my stock Miata.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-05-17-48-24.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-05-17-48-24.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>ctrl f
>lemons
>0 results found

Seriously. Why not go and join the shit box racing league that encourages amateurs in $500 crap cans?
>>
>>14184857
>comparing cletus and billy joes sprint cars to multi-million dollar f1 cars

thats not what we're talking about, i can already get drunk and fuck my sister. i want to be a rich euro playboy.
>>
>>14185781
because its just as expensive as actual racing.
and some people want to actually compete not just participate in a reddit meet.
>>
>>14182974
>the backmarkers at FIA races make more money than you ever will in your life
while also spending more than they will ever make and relying on bank loans and their families

>they will be better drivers than you ever will be
It's not hard to be better than Andrea de Cesaris.

>extremely rich businesspeople can buy seats in races and crash into the backs of prototypes while you diddle around in your 30 year old rear engine shitbox daydreaming
I thought they were better drivers? And who cares what people waste their money on?

>all the eurotrash douchebags who race at the top levels of racing fuck more girls than you can fap to in a week
Challenge accepted.

>the one race you will ever get to see is some local shit race where the purse is how much you spend on gas in a month
Local races are the easiest to get into. You can purchase a competitive racecar for the price of a 5-year-old econobox.

>the people who wipe down the windshields of closed-cockpit cars see more racing action in a month than you do in 25 years of life
You can wipe windshields for racing teams too, just go to a race and ask.

>people who aren't even old enough to drive are already training to enter F1 and other race series
It's incredible, isn't it? I credit video games for young people discovering a serious passion for competition. It's only a matter of time until simracing becomes a major ingress into motorsports and more opportunities will be available for drivers of more varied social and financial standing.

>being this bitter
you won't go anywhere thinkin' like that.
>>
File: 20141127_093419.jpg (106KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
20141127_093419.jpg
106KB, 1200x900px
>>14185809
It won't make you a European playboy but you wanna get into open wheel? You can buy a 90s pinto-powered Formula Continental for under $15k and be perfectly competitive in club racing with it. Develop it over time and if you've got the tire budget you could even take as far as the FRP Pro F2000 series. Or if you want a spec series there's Formula Enterprise, about $20k for a used car but they're all equally capable of winning the SCCA runoffs right out of the box.

Wings and things are bit much for someone's first racecar though, I recommend starting with karts, club formula ford, or formula first/vee. Those are all also easy to find for under $10k. Less sexy perhaps but you can learn to race and tune on a pretty low budget with simpler vehicles so you won't be a permanent backmarker when it's time to move up.
>>
>>14182974
woo interviews and equipment failure
>>
>>14185855
>while also spending more than they will ever make and relying on bank loans and their families
Nobody goes on buying a seat in world championships with just loans.
Some may be kids with rich parents, sure, but drivers at those levels are either very, very rich paying people or pro drivers baying paid by rich drivers to be the good drivers in their roster.
No bank will give you all the money needed to race if you are not already rich or you have a lot of backup money/properties.
And fuck me if you don't need millions to even be the last of the GTE-AMs
>>
>>14186070
You could be the pro racing gentleman driver backmarker on a budget too. You could go pay for a seat in a motherfucking Chevy Sonic in the Pirelli World Challenge.
>>
>>14186141
It even says PROSTATE CANCER in big block letters all over it, what more could you want.
>>
>>14186141
>tfw you will never race a car sponsored by prostate cancer
>>
>tfw you know a guy in F1 and get free vip passes and got to sit in one of the cars before the race
>>
>>14182974
Lol "fia races" can't believe you said that are you retarded?
>>
>>14185855

>de cesaris

managed to at least race in F1 and was able to handle everything it entailed for almost 15 years
>>
R A L L Y C R O S S
A
L
L
Y
C
R
O
S
S
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.