[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cherry Bomb/ Glass pack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

File: 545-87510.jpg (12KB, 300x164px) Image search: [Google]
545-87510.jpg
12KB, 300x164px
How does /o/ feel about cherry bombs or glass packs
>>
Replaced my stock mufflers with large glasspacks.
Sounded 100x better, covered up the annoying belt sounds from my pre-resonator car.
>>
I had glasspacks on my first car, they work well, pretty quiet at low RPM, pretty loud at high RPM, cheap, good flow
>>
File: Nov-20-10 147a.jpg (773KB, 1643x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Nov-20-10 147a.jpg
773KB, 1643x1100px
I'm not familiar with the different types of resonators, or if a cherry/glasspack is a different thing, but I replaced my cat with a generic resonator (totaling 3 resonators and 1 muffler). I have the deepest sounding miata I've ever heard.
>>
>>14167944

>All that extra weight
>Complexity
>needing to make room for stupid shit
>Could have just had a single straight through and said fuck it

I'll never understand this.
Exhaust is simple.
At most 1 flex, 1 cat, 1 muffling system.
>>
I had glass packs once. We heated up the exhaust then stuck a garden hose up 'em. I regretted that. They were so loud and sounded like a helicopter inside the cabin.
>>
>>14167949
What I don't understand is people paying out the ass for bolt on exhausts when you can go to any muffler shop and get a mandrel bent custom exhaust with any muffler you want for 100 bucks + the cost of the muffler
>>
>>14167969
Probably material types
>>
Never understood the thoughts behind "performance muffler" does it actually do anything by itself besides sound?
>>
>>14167969

I could argue for this with like 4 things.
>Shiny, new, and pretty
>Sound is 90% of the product
>Ease of install, so now I feel like a car guy!
>BUT IT ADDS HORSEPOWER!!

Not saying I agree, just, what replies you're gonna get.
>>
I had a single exhaust V8, panther platform
So I took it to a muffler shop, they turned it into a dual exhaust system. I told them to put two glasspacks on.
Fucking guy had the audacity to tell me it would sound bad.
$100 later, he said they sounded good.
Fuck him. Although he knocked $150 off the quoted price. So I guess he liked them.
>>
straight pipe is the best exahust
>>
>>14167969
is it really that cheap? my buddy needs an exhaust for his 20v corolla and they don't make them for his chassis/engine combo.
>>
>>14167881
Headers>glasspacks>turndowns is my second favorite to plain old open headers (v8 only of course)
>>
>>14168144
Actual custom headers/exhaust manifolds will be two to four times the price depending on the number of cylinders and complexity. I think the other anon was just talking about the rest of the exhaust system
>>
Have one on my 86 civic with no cat or muffler just the glasspack. Sounds p decent and still backfires when I down shit.
Have a bud with one on his Miata that sounds pretty good as well.
>>
>>14168199
down shift lmao
>>
>>14168199
This kid I tech'd with had a straight piped EF with one + DTM pipes.
>>
File: P9210135.jpg (884KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
P9210135.jpg
884KB, 2272x1704px
$20 glasspack is what I have on my car. Sounds good enough. Just a bit quieter than the straight exhaust I had a while ago
>>
>>14167949
It barely adds weight and it makes it sound not shitty.
>>
>>14167950
Umm... what?
>>
>>14167881
Depends on the size.

I originally had a single 29.5" overall (26" body) length glasspack with no exhaust tip. Was quiet as shit.

I then went with true dual 12" overall (8" body) length glasspacks with the highest flowing cats. Was loud as shit.

I burned out most of the fiberglass before I put them on. They kept on getting louder for two years till I took them off.

First time I put my dual glasspacks on, I had 3.5"x18" tips, I swapped those out for 4"x22" tips. I want 5" tips, but I can't find any slash cut.

I'm going to put 18" glasspacks on next.
>>
>>14168930
If you get the glass pack hot and add water it will fracture and blow all most of that packing out.
>>
i had one in my integra, was great
>>
>>14169051
Wow, that shits nuts.
>>
I have a chevy aveo 04 as winter beater interested in this where would I put it? I dont want it to sound.like a fart can my exhaust.goes cat > resonator > muffler where would the thing go?
>>
>>14170220
It's a replacement for the muffler.
>>
>>14167986
what say you want a little more flow but not to have a fart can
high flow muffler it is then
>>
>>14170226
Oh thanks, but by the looks this is another fart can and my 4 cyl will sound like shit
>>
>>14167881
Just drill a hole in the end of your exhaust. You'll achieve exactly the same effect.
>>
>>14170278
There is already a hole in the end of my exhaust, it's where the exhaust comes out.
>>
how does this sound?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwOyRejJ07Q
>>
>>14170874
as someone that liked his previous work, this album was so fuckin garbage
>>
>>14167969
These prices are no more.

5 years ago I paid $40 to install a flex pipe, make a few bends, and attach hooks to my self made straight pipe.

they also dont do mandral bends, its all crush bends, and shitty material.

anyway, same shop a year ago quoted $250 for a new mani back for my parents car.
full cat back is $120 on ebay
>>
Cutting mine out and putting even more straight meme pipe in. Then I shall achieve fire out my tail pipe
>>
I put a tractor muffler which is basically the same thing as a glass pack since it had the extra length and flow I wanted. Didnt lower the sound any from no muffler like it was running but it did kill the high notes which make it sound better overall. Worked great. Car was a 79 tou5ota corona wagon. 1.75 inch exhaust. If i ever do an engine rebuild ill go woth headers until then if it aint broke i dont touch it since its probably brittle or rusted together or both at this point.
>>
>>14167944
It's to cover up the sound of you gurgling cum right?
>>
File: 20151202_195719.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20151202_195719.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
What's with everyone wanting loud exhuasts? I think a quiet smooth ride is better desu senpai. I feel loud exhuast is for boi racers and teenagers with civics. Thats just in my IMO though
>>
>>14172389
>in my in my opinion
>>
>>14172547
Damn dude chill, what the wtf is your problem? I made a mistake, sorry sheesh don't have to kill me,
> RIP in peace me
>>
>>14167881
>How does /o/ feel about cherry bombs or glass packs

Skip to 1:29, and then tell me what you think of glass packs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUEq5ebQO6s
>>
I had glasspacks on my Mark VII for a while, there was a lot of drone but that was because they were dumped before the axle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uju41gaaLHE
>>
>>14172389
Because it sounds great and the vibrations rock you. I imagine it's like peoples fascination for bass but more rational and not objectively inferior in quality.
>tfw bangshifting at 7k in an open headers v8, getting pinned to the back of the seat
It's one of the only things that still excite me
>>
>>14167944
Video/audio recording of sound or gtfo pls.
>>
>>14173272
Thats the thing, a loud muffler/straight pipe whatever the fuck you are running sounds great at low RPMs, but at fucking 6kRPMs WOT it fucking annoys the shit out of me.
>>
>>14171864
Catalytic converters are expensive.

Also, sounds like either a shitty area, or just a shitty shop. Prices are all the same as they've been for years where I'm at. And they do mandrel bends if you ask for them. But I'm pretty sure he said he bought the bends on the internet.
>>
>>14173419
No one cares what bothers you, pussy.
>>
>>14173458
Potassium
>>
File: tumblr_o0axwexq9Z1rwgxovo1_1280.jpg (27KB, 600x357px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0axwexq9Z1rwgxovo1_1280.jpg
27KB, 600x357px
>>14167881

i'm not in the know about exhaust systems. Can someone spoonfeed me and tell me what these are?
>>
>>14170841
Underrated post
>>
>>14173419
I disagree but cruising at like 2-2.5k in an automatic vibrating the shit out of the body and humming your brains out is the worst
>>
>>14167881
Sounds good on a straight 6
>>
File: IMG_6947.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6947.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>14167881
My truck has the best exhaust, an open downpipe.
>>
Educate me /o/, so a resonator makes the car sound loud as fuck at lower RPMs like if you were in 2nd gear?

God that came out bad.
My car has an aftermarket exhaust, if im holding the gas at the bottom of 2nd gear at the same RPM it sounds loud as fuck
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.